New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Guardians of the Flower Garden [Magical Burst]

"I... I really want to talk to someone", Laura sighs, "But... I'm afraid... we... aren't supposed to talk about magic... What if... what if that video targeted you because I told you about who I am? What if... if I tell you more... what it something even worse happens to you?"

Laura takes a pause, "But, I really need to talk to someone, Micchan... that video, you see. It was a monster's doing. Cursed to make people who see it do mean things... we tracked that monster yesterday, four of us, and we defeated it. Destroyed it. It wasn't even that hard, or dangerous..." Laura forcesd a weak smile, "But, you see, when you destroy a monster... it's realm, it's lair, it collapses. And if you don't get out in time... And Meian... She took too long..." again, a sob, "And now, she'll never get out... Jad said... that's the one who gave us powers, Jad... he said she's no more..."
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mono Vertigo View Post
    @Yui:
    Naota, as expected, is still finishing his toast by the time they leave home. Trains are so punctual that being just one minute late is already too much, but fortunately, they make it.
    They discuss about manga. "Hey", he asks eventually, "Have you read Attack on Titan yet? It's about ugly zombie-like giants, the Titans, who harass what's left of human civilization, and humans try to fight back. But it's kinda desperate because the Titans are really strong, and they don't even know what the world looks like beyond the walls of their city, so maybe there's no point fighting to reconquer what's left of Earth. I just read the first volume at a friend's place. What do you think of that?"
    "I think it sounds right up your alley," says Yui, "and I'll check it out, but I disagree. That's all the reason in the world to fight back. And what's more, I think that's exactly what they'll do. The story wouldn't work if everyone just gave up." They had little debates like this from time to time. "They may be wrong. That could happen. But they'll fight, whether it's right to do it or not. And you know why?"
    "Why's that?"
    "Because it sells more volumes that way."
    Naota looked wearier than usual. "That's not a very satisfying answer."
    "But it's the truth."
    "You know what the truth and 250 yen will get you?"
    "What's that?"
    "A bad cup of ramen from a vending machine."
    "That's not very satisfying."
    "It's the truth."

And so the conversation went on, until the train arrived at their stop.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Kai arrives at the Akagi Hobby Shop, punching in her timecard under the strict eye of Mr. Maki and getting a stern nod. He appreciates her diligence and knows she lives by herself.

She puts on the shop apron and sees some high-schoolers walking by on their way to school. She's so jealous of them... but she tries not to show it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Takako's smile tightens--if she had been less in control of herself, it would've been a wince.

"I ended up going further out of my way than I meant to, so I don't know how often I'll come this way, but I'll try to let you know when I do," she replies. "I can't do anything tonight, though. My parents want me to come right home and work on homework." That isn't a lie, at least: Takako's parents would always prefer she stay in and study.

As they walk, Takako gradually quickens her pace. Being in a one-on-one situation with Emi is not her idea of a good time, and she wants to get it over with as quickly as possible. Emi's a year below her in school, so they don't have any classes together, at least. All I have to do is avoid seeing her after school, so she doesn't follow me home...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

@Takako:

"That's harsh! At your age, your parents should give you more freedom."
    She's bitten that hook, fortunately, but there never quite seems to be enough of them to throw at her... "How old are you, by the way? You look older than me!"

@Kai:

The day goes by quietly.
    Safe for...
    Half a hour before the end of her shift, a lone high-schooler distinctly grabs a product inside the Hobby Shop and tries to leave without paying.

@Laura:

"Now, now... Laura... Laura!"
    Micchan doesn't know how to react to that. They never tell you what words you should say when these things happen. Then again, they are not supposed to happen.
    "You... huh... you..." She struggles to find the right words. "Is... is it something that could happen to you too? You didn't tell me it was so dangerous... is there... is there something I can do?"

@Yui:
    Naota might not be entirely satisfied by the conversation, but he nonetheless says he's going to check out the rest, having been convinced by his big sister's speech. [Having both gained some insight to each other's mindset, you can try to Bond.]
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hobby Shop]
    Kai notices right away and swallows, trotting after the errant student. "E-excuse me!" She stammers a little, but tries to hold strong. "The register is this way." That's right, don't cry thief right away---not that it isn't obvious, but if you do that, they'll just bolt. Imply that somehow, it's an absent-minded mistake, like pushing a pull-door. Haha, what a silly mistake, not that you were intending to steal that, of course.

Then again, they might still bolt now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

@Kai:

And of course, the student, a shy-looking girl, panics and does bolt out.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"You're doing more than enough just by being here, Micchan", Laura holds her friend's hand tight, "just by having someone to talk to... That's really important, you know - and, well, I knew it would be dangerous when I signed for this job, you know - but don't worry. I'll never get lost in the Nightmare - after all, I know there are people who are dear to me waiting for me to return. You would be waiting, right?" she smiles, "And I'll make sure no one gets lost again, too. I thought of a way."

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kai:

And of course, the student, a shy-looking girl, panics and does bolt out.
    Kai curses under her breath, pelting after the girl! Dammit, why'd she have to run? Running should not be happening!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

@Yui:
    Naota might not be entirely satisfied by the conversation, but he nonetheless says he's going to check out the rest, having been convinced by his big sister's speech. [Having both gained some insight to each other's mindset, you can try to Bond.]
    I will.

Spoiler: Charm Roll
    Show
    (2d6+4)[11]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

@Nodoka:
    Yui Tanaka arrives, disturbing Nodoka's tranquility.
    "Oh, hi." A short silence. "I don't know if you remember the stuff going on with my phone. Well, it's solved, my phone broke down. Still, thanks about it."

@Laura:
    "I'll be waiting for you, of course. What's your plan to avoid losing more people? Are Nightmares like mazes, or something?"

@Kai:
    The girl runs up to a group of students at a corner. But she trips and falls down. When she does, the other students scatter away, like roaches.
    Seeing everybody's left, she sits up and raises her hands apologetically, holding up the toy she'd taken. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't call the cops!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Street Corner]
    Kai takes the box, looking it over to see if it's been damaged. She looks at the girl and for a moment, her jealousy crests over her like a wave threatening to sweep her away. This girl has so much that she can never have, and here she goes trying to steal.
    But she lets it go and just sighs. "Please don't do that again."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

@Kai:
    The girl sobs. "I-I won't."
    She takes off her glasses and wipes her tears. "Th-they dared me to, b-but I failed. Now th-they won't allow me to make any f-friend."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kai:
    The girl sobs. "I-I won't."
    She takes off her glasses and wipes her tears. "Th-they dared me to, b-but I failed. Now th-they won't allow me to make any f-friend."
    Kai bites her lip and swallows. "I... I'm sorry, but if they dare you to do things like that, they're the wrong crowd to be around." She pulls out a worn but clean handkerchief, offering it to the girl.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

@Kai:
    The girl takes the handkerchief. "Th-thanks. But they're the p-popular students. Th-they decide pretty much everything at school, and now th-they must think you've already called the cops and I'll sp-spill the beans about their involvement."
    She blows her nose. "You've gone through enough t-trouble because of me. I should just buy th-that thing. I'm Umi. What's your name?"
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-10-02 at 12:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kai:
    The girl takes the handkerchief. "Th-thanks. But they're the p-popular students. Th-they decide pretty much everything at school, and now th-they must think you've already called the cops and I'll sp-spill the beans about their involvement."
    She blows her nose. "You've gone through enough t-trouble because of me. I should just buy th-that thing. I'm Umi. What's your name?"
    Kai blinks. Perhaps there's things she's not missing out on... ah well.
    "Well... I'm sorry. I just hope there are other students who don't listen to them." She looks at the figure, an SHF Figuarts Kamen Rider Orga. Very nice for those in the fandom. "You don't have to, it's alright, I'll just tell Mr. Maki that it was an accident. And.. I'm Kaihouko." She smiles a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

@Kai:

"Th-thank you again, Kaihouko. I hope I'll see you again."
    Umi runs off in turn, leaving Kai with the Kamen Rider figure.
    Mr. Maki's head is peeking out the door. "What's this about a thief? Let's put things back into place before other customers arrive."
    [You can try and Bond with Umi.]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Bond Roll
    Show
    (2d6+5)[13]

Kai turns and shakes her head. "It was just a mistake, Mr. Maki." She smiles, returning with the figure and putting it back in place. "Not even a scuff on the box..."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Nightmares... they're different, I suppose - I only was in one myself you know... but the important thing is, they start to break down as soon as the youma dies. That means, we're safe as long as it isn't dead...we'll just beat the youma, and then everyone would head to the exit; and then I'll quickly finish the youma and dash to the exit. That way, no one would be late..."

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

@Laura:

"It's so hard believing this is all true. I mean, of course I believe you, but I wouldn't believe myself if I said it. Anyway, I guess that's a good plan? But it must be even more dangerous, for you."
    Micchan sighs. "If there were more... people like you, it would be easier, maybe. What do you call people like you by the way? Magical Girls, like in the manga?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Nodoka nodded. "Oh no problem, it wasn't that long ago so I still remember. It's a shame the phone broke though. Did you want to go get another?" Smiling, she took her phone out from her bag. "I still have a pretty old one too, so I'd be happy to come along and get a new one myself if you'd like the company." Looking up at Yui, Nodoka took another bite from her food and shuffled to the side in case she wanted to sit down.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

"According to Jad, our predecessors were called many thing over the years", Laura smiles, "But yes, these days we are mahou shoujo, just like Sailor Moon and PreCure. And, well, it's exactly because it's dangerous, that's why I am the one who has to do it - that might sound arrogant, but if I can't run away from something, than no one could", she chuckles, "Heh, how about that - tonight, I'll show you what Starlight Jester is capabale of!"

Extended signature

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

@Nodoka:
    "Really? Thanks! I thought I'd have to buy a new one."
    Yui sits down. "Ever done that kind of thing? I mean, bully someone just to get a reaction? I used to be like that with my little sister when I was young, but when she started complaining about the same thing happening I school, I realized how much it sucked being that kind of person."

@Laura:
    "Can I? I can't wait to see it!"
    Her genuine smile becomes a little sad. "It's too bad I can't tell anyone else. You'd deserve the praise, and they'd stop saying awful things about you", she says, referencing the wheelchair, "And that Meian would be remembered by people who knew her. But I made that promise, and I won't break it."
    Micchan is serious about this.
    [You can Bond.]
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-10-05 at 04:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

@Takako:

"That's harsh! At your age, your parents should give you more freedom."
    She's bitten that hook, fortunately, but there never quite seems to be enough of them to throw at her... "How old are you, by the way? You look older than me!"
    Takako can't help but let out an undignified snort of disbelieving laughter. Did Emi seriously just call me old?

"Yeah, I'm 16 already. Basically a Christmas cake." She says it teasingly, but sort of hope that Emi will be so mortified by the unintended insult that she'll go away. They're quite near school now, and Takako would rather not be seen being all buddy-buddy with her little stalker.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, they don't really bother me", Laura smiles, "I have friends I can trust, and that's much more important than what some people who have no idea are saying.".

Spoiler
    Show
    Bond: (2d6+5)[12]

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Tilting her head to the side slightly, Nodoka pondered the question before shaking her head. "I understand what you mean, but I've never really done that myself before. Rather than trying to get a reaction, I merely ignored people. It worked pretty well, but people tend to spread stories." Nodoka shrugged. "If you don't respond to them, the stories can sometimes get out of hand."

Suddenly smiling brightly, Nodoka stretched upwards and clicked her fingers then neck from side to side. "I think break is going to end soon. Did you want to meet outside the school gates after last period? I don't have any clubs today."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

@Takako:
    "Christmas cake? Ooh! I meant, you look more confident, more adult - well, mature, like, as in not immature, and I'd like to be more like that and huuuh my class is going to start soon, I gotta go! See you!"
    That seemed to work pretty well.

@Nodoka:
    "Yeah. That's the worst part, the stories that get told afterward. I'm also kind of trying to ignore people now. Apathy has its perks."
    Yui smiles back. "I don't have any club either, so... see you later?"
    [You may Bond.]

@Everybody:
    The rest of the day goes smoothly.
    Posters hang near the school and in the streets. An European-looking student smiles bashfully between some text:
    "HAVE YOU SEEN HER?

MARY GREENFIELD
    Disappeared [2 days ago]
    Please call..."
    She studies at the same school as Nodoka, Laura, Takako and Yui.

The tsukaima must be at the shrine, as predicted by the dreams. Maybe you'll meet new people there today?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kai, done for the day, sets off for the shrine. The posters of the girl make her pause; she looks pretty. She must be very scared, though, lost in an already unfamiliar country.
    Kai hopes someone finds her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Nodoka smiled and nodded at Yui, standing up and packing her lunch away. "Sure thing. It'll be good to chat more about the literature club as well, it's been a while actually. See you later!" Humming pleasantly to herself, Nodoka headed back to class and generally had a largely uneventful afternoon. As she went to meet Yui at the school gates after the last class, she saw the missing girl posters. Frowning, she took out her phone and took a quick picture of the poster. Maybe the girl was missing due to a youma...

Nodoka suddenly immensely brightened up, as that meant possibly meeting another new friend. Nodoka nodded to herself and resolved to see the tsukaima later. Seeing Yui outside the gate, she raised a hand in greeting and smiled again. "Hi, ready to head off? I've had my eye on a new smartphone for a while."

30. - Top - End - #180

Takako takes a circuitous route to the shrine, partially because Emi following her now would be even worse than Emi following her home, and partially because she's still not eager to see Eo again. On her way, it seems like she passes a million of the missing girl's posters. All those identical eyes staring at her...it's a little creepy, honestly. Still, she takes one off a telephone pole and slips it into her backpack. Maybe Eo would know something about it.

She hesitates at the entrance to the shrine. All her life, she'd heard that it was haunted, and she'd never been a brave enough kid to go in on a dare. She's a little embarrassed to still be so anxious about going in--she'd seen way worse things than ghosts by now, and even survived a fight with one. While she works up the nerve to enter the gate, she pulls out her phone and pretends like she's texting, just to avoid looking like a scaredy-cat.