New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Mountain Base- Foyer

Lexington (for that is his name) blinks. Yes, he has eyelids.
    "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. You must be my senior, or maybe you joined while I was out? Either way, if you signed up and weren't openly kicked out I'm sure you're still a member, although you might need to fill out some paperwork to get yourself reinstated. I don't know quite how it works for everyone. Flyers for what? I could probably drop them off to Command. Or if they're actual flyers I don't think there's any issue with you putting a few up on the bulletin board."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Foyer]

The man looks side to side, noting the few people who he can see. "Judging by the people I've seen, I'd say I'm probably damn near everyone's senior. It's been at least five or six years. Wouldn't exactly expect a Welcome Home party." He smirks and crosses his arms, eyes unreachable behind his glasses. "Don't worry about the paperwork. I'm not really looking for a place to stay, or any special treatment, anything like that. Like I said, just trying to get some awareness out about someone dangerous who might be in the area." He rolls his shoulders and frowns slightly. "It's not that I've got something against you or anything, but this is rather important. Is there someone in charge I could speak to, or can I count on you to pass along a flyer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Foyer

Lex nods. "I can slip the folder into one of their office boxes with a note that an old member wanted their attention to it." he says.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Foyer]

The man smiles, though it's thin and a little light on humor. "That's be great, thanks." He opens the envelope and takes out a paper, handing it over to the dinosaur. There's a photograph in the center, taken close-up, of a woman with long green hair, black horns, and the faintest hint of fangs in her smile. The poster's heading reads "WANTED FOR MURDER, HITOMI SANOYUKI". The man draws another flyer from the envelope and tacks it to the bulletin board, just to be safe, before turning his attention back to Lex. "Thank you, you've been real helpful."
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Foyer

"You're welcome. Is there any other info you want to share? Specifics, things to avoid, preferable course of action, or is the attention all that's needed?" he asks.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Base- Foyer]

"Maybe just be on your guard." He reaches into a separate pocket, pulling from it a small mirror and lending it to the dinosaur as well. "I suppose send me a message through that if you see her. We've got some unfinished business, so I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you come into contact with her."

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Foyer

Lex nods again.
    "Okay. Person is dangerous, be careful, and please contact if member reports a sighting. Got it. I'll get right on it. Have a nice day." says the Caelusaur, lumbering off to find the Leaders' offices and stick the flyer and mirror, along with a note detailing the conversation, to the VIGIL command.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Foyer]

The man smiles, stuffing the envelope back into his jacket pocket before exiting the building. In the distance, there is another pulse.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    well, I think as long as you're not opposing VIGIL or anything you're fine here, and besides I hear AMEN has gone into the Serious Evil No Fun Ever mode. You seem less of an evildoer and more neutral to me.
    Sophia replies thoughtfully.
    Undersea Base Bench

"Ewwww, Serious Evil No Fun Ever mode. Gross." Hitomi's nose scrunches in distaste, but her mind is moving quickly. HALO is gone, merged with some other group to become another group entirely, and her original foundation wasn't exactly the same, either, though no such obvious changes had occurred.

With Sophia's last addition, Hitomi turned unnaturally blue eyes back down to scrutinize.

"Neutral? Awww, honey, you're cute. M'sure you know that cheerful doesn't necessarily mean good, right?"

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Undersea Base Bench

"Ewwww, Serious Evil No Fun Ever mode. Gross." Hitomi's nose scrunches in distaste, but her mind is moving quickly. HALO is gone, merged with some other group to become another group entirely, and her original foundation wasn't exactly the same, either, though no such obvious changes had occurred.

With Sophia's last addition, Hitomi turned unnaturally blue eyes back down to scrutinize.

"Neutral? Awww, honey, you're cute. M'sure you know that cheerful doesn't necessarily mean good, right?"
    Well, yeah, but I mean that from what I've seen, you don't seem like a villain.
    Sophia replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mountain Base]

The skeleton approaches the wizard-looking man, noting his robe before it takes off his hat to greet him. "G'day." It says in a musical voice. "I'm looking for a woman named KR. Do you know how I could get in touch with her?" The skeleton grins since it really can't do much else.
    No. Spyridon doesn't know how to get in touch with anyone. He hasn't seen another member, much less KR, for months and months. He is also far more interested in the skeleton itself than its objective, casting a little spell to scan the magic he presumes is animating it. Oh, and he also takes a close look at the bones, while he's at it. Curiosity dictates an attempt at discerning what the skeleton used to be: species, gender, race, approximate age, etc.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-10-22 at 04:27 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #1032

[Mountain Base]

That's a good question. The skeleton seems to be animated through spiritual rather than arcane means. This means that whoever created it has infused the bones with a sentient spirit of some sort rather than animated it by some magical impersonal force. But whatever is animating the skeleton doesn't appear to be in charge of it's body at the moment, something else, another spirit perhaps, is controlling it.
    He can't see much of the skeletons body thanks to it's clothes, but the bones seem to have been very well taken care of, they look polished.
    "That's unfortunate. Do you know anyone who does then? It's quite important that I get to speak with her." The skeleton replies.

13. - Top - End - #1033

[Mountain Base]

At this point, Spyridon feels a weird set of confidence and caution. Spirits are his thing, necromantically speaking, and it could be argued that there is no one in VIGIL better suited to dealing with them than he. But if this entity freely entered the base, why is it unable to go to KR's room? Something does not seem right to him. This is too complex a messenger to be asking for directions. Allow me to inform you of technological advancements that have occurred in the years since your mortal demise. By transcribing your missive in the form of runes marked on a product derived from animal skin known as parchment, using a product derived from plant dyes known as ink, one is able to create an epistle which is then able to be delivered to your intended recipient. This is widely considered to be a more efficient system of communication than meandering through an expansive citadel and asking anyone you might come across if they know the current whereabouts of a specific individual. Have you considered utilizing a method of magic to identify her location at this moment in time? The necromancer must not know KR very well (I actually don't think they have met. Come to think of it, has Spyridon ever interacted with any of his fellow arcanists of Watchtower?) if he assumes she can be scryed without making someone's eyeballs boil.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Well, yeah, but I mean that from what I've seen, you don't seem like a villain.
    Sophia replies.
    A soft smile twirls at her lips as she looks down at the woman still sitting on the bench.

"You've known me for five minutes."

— Iain S. Thomas

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Strategy Room]

Tobias bends down to pick up the loaf and offer it to the girl. This is the undersea base of VIGIL, protectors of the Nexus. Is your father a member? Someone looking for our help?
    [Strategy Room]

"I..I..I'm not sure Sir." she replies. "He tooka nap here. It was sometwhere you can see the sky."
    In fact she appears a lot mroe llost then though. Not only did she loose her father, she also isn't in the Mountain base anymore. Might have stepped through these new portals or so. when offered the brad she takes it and slings her arms around it to not loose it again.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1036

[Mountain Base]

The skeleton stares back at Spyridon. "This is far too important to be sending papers my good man, this kind of dangerous business requires a personal touch. Nor do I wish to scry on the ones I seek the aid of, such actions could be... easily misunderstood." It explains. "Now can you help me or not?"

17. - Top - End - #1037

A soft smile twirls at her lips as she looks down at the woman still sitting on the bench.

well, i cant exactly judge you as if i knew you for longer.
    sophia replies causally.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Magtok's "Office"]

Wenomir makes his way to the room that serves as Magtok's office in the mountain keep. He could go to his proper office in the undersea base, but he'd rather have any advantage he can get in the upcoming confrontation. He's wearing his armour and he has a pair of single-edged blades with him - one strapped to his side, the one behind his waist. He knocks on the door.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    [Mountain Base - Foyer]

The man smiles, though it's thin and a little light on humor. "That's be great, thanks." He opens the envelope and takes out a paper, handing it over to the dinosaur. There's a photograph in the center, taken close-up, of a woman with long green hair, black horns, and the faintest hint of fangs in her smile. The poster's heading reads "WANTED FOR MURDER, HITOMI SANOYUKI". The man draws another flyer from the envelope and tacks it to the bulletin board, just to be safe, before turning his attention back to Lex. "Thank you, you've been real helpful."
    Undersea Base Bench

Magtok strides through the sea base, peering at some wanted poster that apparently wound up in his mailbox. Hitomi Sanoyuki. That name and face sound so weirdly familiar. Something to do with Haruki, perhaps? He hasn't seen the angel in years, though. Why would someone who vaguely reminds him of Haruki be running around murdering people, anyway? Blugh, if this Hitomi person is an old AMENite he forgot about, sending people to have her arrested and put away is going to be horribly awkward. New AMEN was full of smelly old losers, but old AMEN was like the family he never had. A family that murdered each other on a regular basis, but...

Nevermind that, look! It's Sophia! Magtok waves as he walks by.

"Hi Sophia, have you or your friend seen-" Magtok stops, looks down at the wanted poster in his hands, and then back up at Hitomi. He stares at the wanted poster once more, and then at Hitomi again.

"Wow. This is...this is pretty unexpected." He's never hunted wanted criminals before, but he's pretty sure they don't usually just pop up right in front of you five minutes after you spot their wanted poster. This is strange...should he question her and assume she's somehow innocent and an evil empire is the one charging her with this crime, go on the offensive immediately, or just walk away and pretend he didn't see anything.

Mountain Base - Magtok's "Office"

The room in the members' quarters that Magtok hastily converted to an office? Its door swings right open. Magtok's torso and lower body are present when Wenomir walks in, but his arms, head, and shoulders are below-ground, rummaging around or something in some sort of safe he's had installed in the floorboards behind his desk. From the way he continues to move papers and office supplies and other objects about in that hole in the ground, I don't think he's noticed Wenomir step inside.

"Don't need that...should get rid of this...Magbot, do you remember who gave me this novelty wind-up middle finger toy? Do you know if I'd need a receipt to return it?" That's not a robot minion, it's Wenomir, Magtok. Get your head out of the floor and stop sticking your hindquarters out at Wendy before he takes offense.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-10-24 at 01:24 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

"If you can mistake me for one of your robots, maybe you should consider keeping a camera on the back of your head," Wenomir says, standing in the door frame and crossing his arms on his chest.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #1041

"Oh! Wenomir, didn't realize it was you." Yeah, I think we already established that, Magtok. The cyborg pulls himself out of the floor-safe, kicking the thing shut and locking it up once more before turning towards the warrior in his office.

"If this is about Mag Prime or Malice, I've got stuff proving I'm not in cahoots with them, and would gladly see the former executed and the latter kicked between the legs." The punishments aren't interchangeable, though. While their crimes are about the same level of severity, Prime is just too spooky, whereas Malice doesn't seem likely to actually kill anyone in the future.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not about them," Wenomir says. "Cessie informed me that the leadership wants me to fill the vacant position DC left behind."

23. - Top - End - #1043

"Mhm, I think I was the one to propose that. Or maybe Cessie, I forget." Magtok glances at a wall for a moment or so, lost in thought, before he gives up on his search of the MagMemory archives. Doesn't really matter one way or the other.

"Probably me. I was also thinking maybe Thariza as an option, but that'd be three HALOs and one Watch, and you know the sort of creeping suspicion of plotting to take over the world I always get from people, even without blatantly tricksy stunts like that." Mag smiles. That's exactly what this meeting is about, isn't it? Maybe not directly, but in a 'long-con' sort of way, maybe.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

well, i cant exactly judge you as if i knew you for longer.
    sophia replies causally.
    "Well, that's the point, isn't i-"
    A brief moment collapses in on itself, and for that breath, Hitomi's eyes go blank, as if she heard something she hadn't expected, or had seen someone that wasn't there.
    Its only a heartbeat of time, though, and she's back to grinning lazily at Sophia. As if nothing had happened at all.

And, then, coincidentally, something rather inarguably does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok strides through the sea base, peering at some wanted poster that apparently wound up in his mailbox. Hitomi Sanoyuki. That name and face sound so weirdly familiar. Something to do with Haruki, perhaps? He hasn't seen the angel in years, though. Why would someone who vaguely reminds him of Haruki be running around murdering people, anyway? Blugh, if this Hitomi person is an old AMENite he forgot about, sending people to have her arrested and put away is going to be horribly awkward. New AMEN was full of smelly old losers, but old AMEN was like the family he never had. A family that murdered each other on a regular basis, but...

Nevermind that, look! It's Sophia! Magtok waves as he walks by.

"Hi Sophia, have you or your friend seen-" Magtok stops, looks down at the wanted poster in his hands, and then back up at Hitomi. He stares at the wanted poster once more, and then at Hitomi again.

"Wow. This is...this is pretty unexpected." He's never hunted wanted criminals before, but he's pretty sure they don't usually just pop up right in front of you five minutes after you spot their wanted poster. This is strange...should he question her and assume she's somehow innocent and an evil empire is the one charging her with this crime, go on the offensive immediately, or just walk away and pretend he didn't see anything.
    "Maaaaagtok. Wow. I haven't seen you since Rex skipped town." There's an air of coolness about the succubus, of forced cordiality, and she turns away from Sophia to meet him full-on, wings collected neatly at her back.
    The smile she offers is sickly-sweet and undoubtedly artificial, like the packages of sugar-substitute at diners that have brand names like Sweet Thing.
    "Or since he got kicked out of Town, whatever." In truth, Magtok and Hitomi had circled eachother since the beginning, never quite in the same place at the same time. Before AMEN had fully merged into the reality of the Nexus, Hitomi had been Town. Certain events led to what they were, and then she was briefly in AMEN - but by that time, the cloaked figure of infamy was already in Town, bemoaning the rose-colored nostalgia of AMEN days gone past.
    If he's looking on those times with fondness, it certainly has been a long while

"Playing at goodness now?"

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #1045

"Well, that's the point, isn't i-"
    A brief moment collapses in on itself, and for that breath, Hitomi's eyes go blank, as if she heard something she hadn't expected, or had seen someone that wasn't there.
    Its only a heartbeat of time, though, and she's back to grinning lazily at Sophia. As if nothing had happened at all.

And, then, coincidentally, something rather inarguably does happen.

"Maaaaagtok. Wow. I haven't seen you since Rex skipped town." There's an air of coolness about the succubus, of forced cordiality, and she turns away from Sophia to meet him full-on, wings collected neatly at her back.
    The smile she offers is sickly-sweet and undoubtedly artificial, like the packages of sugar-substitute at diners that have brand names like Sweet Thing.
    "Or since he got kicked out of Town, whatever." In truth, Magtok and Hitomi had circled eachother since the beginning, never quite in the same place at the same time. Before AMEN had fully merged into the reality of the Nexus, Hitomi had been Town. Certain events led to what they were, and then she was briefly in AMEN - but by that time, the cloaked figure of infamy was already in Town, bemoaning the rose-colored nostalgia of AMEN days gone past.
    If he's looking on those times with fondness, it certainly has been a long while

"Playing at goodness now?"
    Sophia returns the wave with a smile, but respectfully lets the two talk. She didn't notice the poster cuz plot fun.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

Undersea Base Bench

"More or less," Magtok answers stiffly, hurriedly digging through his mental archives for more on this person. Let's see, maybe the keyword 'green' would help? No, that just gives us Fullbladder and all his nightmarish camerazards and Mr. Freeze impersonations. Was she early HALO, maybe? Something to do with a hairy spaniard who isn't left-handed and hates men with six fingers on their hand? Blugh, why didn't he start saving these memories sooner?

"I'm told you killed a dude. Or a woman. Or a...whatever, a person, is the thing I'm getting at. I mean, who hasn't, but..." He unveils the wanted poster, hoping her reaction will tell him something. Anything that would make this mystery person less mysterious. He got the era he last saw her in right, more or less, but who was Hitomi?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-10-24 at 09:54 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Undersea Base Bench

Completely oblivious to the mental work out Magtok is silently giving to himself as he desperately tries to remember anything important about the succubus-vampire mix, Hitomi leans in close to inspect the poster. Blue eyes dart from word to word to line, as she reaches out to take hold of the bottom of the poster, angling it (but not removing it from Magtok's grasp) so that when she stands fully straight, she can see it perfectly.

"Huh. Wouldja look at that? Horrible angle. My forehead looks like it goes on for miles."

With a shrug, Hitomi let's the paper flutter from her fingers.

"I mean, yeah, I killed people back in the day, but who didn't? I just woke up from a nap.
    A three year nap. How could it even be relevant?"

Still, she doesn't seem all that upset about it, just mildly confused. A hand raises to tap at her lower lip, nails still perfectly manicured all these years later.

"Question is, Magtok- what are you gonna do about it?"
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2014-10-25 at 09:21 AM.

— Iain S. Thomas

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir's eyebrow rises slightly, but other than that his eyes remain unmoving. He can tell that Magtok's lying, but the cyborg might not know that.

"Thariza? You mean that... bipedal sabretooth cat woman with horns. Good choice, from your perspective. Big, strong, born soldier, not too bright. Easily handled and easily manipulated. Just like me, right?"

29. - Top - End - #1049

Undersea Base Bench

"It would be blatantly hypocritical of me to pursue justice against anyone who committed a crime back then, while my own sins continue to go unpunished," Magtok answers uncomfortably, after a slight pause. The pieces are slowly starting to assemble themselves in his mind, but there seems to be a fine line between what is and isn't canon. Was she a rabid fangirl, or was that the other one? Things back then could be fuzzy, in ways he can't completely understand. After all, there was that one time everyone dressed up as Batman villains when Arkham Asylum was all the rage, and another time when they were all caught up in a classic Bond escapade when Quantum of Solace was on everyone's mind. Neither of those were canon, but Mag certainly remembers that.

"There are others who aren't so inclined to pass over crimes from that era, though. There's another poster on the bulletin board of the mountain base, with the same picture. I didn't see the guy who dropped it off, so I can't help with that. Funny that they would get one of you smiling, of all things," He points out, turning the poster around and raising an eyebrow. The point of these posters was usually to make the person in them look as awful and wicked and deserving of capture as possible, wasn't it? A photographer somewhere had done a lousy job getting a good mugshot in.

"Sophia's soul and/or life energy is off-limits, by the way. Not accusing you, just saying." Oh no, he's totally accusing her of being up to something. He's just not comfortable making a big argument out of it without some sort of conclusive evidence one way or another.

"I'm sorry, are we talking about my love life, or VIGIL business?" Magtok asks with a thin smile, hoping to distract Wenomir momentarily while he gets his thoughts in order. An accusation is being leveled against him, one he's not entirely comfortable with. He has to prepare some sort of rebuttal, before this gets any closer to the truth.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

"I cherish and value my ignorance about your love live," Wenomir says, dismissively. Then he steps forward, looking down at the cyborg from his height. Despite wearing metal armour and a pair of swords, he hardly makes a sound while moving. "I don't know who first suggested putting me back in charge, but I can't imagine you objected too strenuously. I remember your relief when it turned out you'd only have me to deal with during the merger. Just the dull-witted fighter who can be pointed in the right direction, right?"