New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

[Training Room]

I may have bought you some time, but I hope you'll be ready for them once they do lash out again. He puts the letter in one pocket and the bloody kerchief in another, then sighs. I should get going. I need to visit all the Inside pet shelters before they close. Good luck, Wenomir.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    You were going to show me around. Rho smiles charmingly.
    Erin smiles back, a faint hint of her green blush in her cheeks as she reaches for Rho's arm. "Well, then, I should get right to that, shouldn't I?" she asks, giggling. "Is there anywhere you'd like to see first?"

Courtyard

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Patty's power shoves some of the fog back, forming a void within it around her and Sophia. All is fine and dandy until a rapidly approaching shape in the fog bursts out in an attempt to collide with the pair. It appears to be the front half of a moose, still in the throes of death from the horrific damage it has taken. Still, if the pair don't dodge, the rack and sheer bulk of the nearly-dead animal is likely to hurt them.
    Patty....doesn't move out of the way. Instead, she steps forwards, a shimmering purple blade of psionic energy manifesting itself around her right hand. And she thrusts it out at the incoming Moose in the Room, the gleaming tip aimed straight for the center of its skull.

It's obvious she intends both to put the beast out of its misery...and to split it straight down the middle around them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

The moose quarters all fall to the ground, but nothing comes behind them. Unless someone is standing right in front of the entrance to the infirmary tower, they'll have a hard time viewing the large blurry form that lashes out with five powerful clawed hands towards the door to tear it right off its hinges. The creature is more than capable of tearing several inches of hardened steel in half with only moderate effort, so anything short of a foot thick blast door won't pose much of a speed bump.

Back in the infirmary, Mitch starts snoring again, the drugs taking their effect and knocking him out.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]
    Carrie's wandering around, lost in her David Bowies, oblivous to everything.
    For the fourth time today.
    Dammit, girl.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Wenomir looks around, his keen hearing pinpointing the sound of a door being torn off its hinges even though the fog obscures his vision.

"The hospital tower!" he shouts. "The thing must be heading for the survivor who came here."

He breaks into a run towards the tower.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Spako sighs and pumps his wings, flying low to the ground towards the hospital door. He doesn't want to get too high, or the fog might get disorienting.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1267

[Hallways]

A dark portal gets opened up above Carrie's head and an emaciated young woman tumbles out, cackling somewhat less than sanely. Ahaha, I'm free! Free! Now I will get my revenge on the Black Fox's famileeee! Oof! Either she just landed face first on the floor, or her fall was broken by someone as scrawny as she is. Hard to tell which one would hurt less.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]

A dark portal gets opened up above Carrie's head and an emaciated young woman tumbles out, cackling somewhat less than sanely. Ahaha, I'm free! Free! Now I will get my revenge on the Black Fox's famileeee! Oof! Either she just landed face first on the floor, or her fall was broken by someone as scrawny as she is. Hard to tell which one would hurt less.
    Carrie meeps as she's flopped all over, flumping to the ground.Ow, you portal-jumping---hold on, Agatha? What are you doing here? She sits up, rubbing her eyes. What are you yelling about?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Patty wastes no time in running after Wenomir, once more sending a blast of telekinetic force to try to clear some of the fog.

...this time, infusing a bit of the Holy nature of her goddess' power into the blast, wondering if maybe the fog might catch fire.

That might be Fun! Briefly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #1270

[Hallways]

Agatha swears loudly and at length as she struggles to get to her feet. Uh... Carrie? Did you do something to your hair? I like it, very witchy.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]

Agatha swears loudly and at length as she struggles to get to her feet. Uh... Carrie? Did you do something to your hair? I like it, very witchy.
    Carrie shakes her hair back into place. Well, y'know, I have my hairdresser drop a Ponerian on my face. Really brings out the volume in my locks. She picks her bony butt off the floor, wincing. Falling sucks for skinny people.
    So, what was that all about?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Courtyard

The moose quarters all fall to the ground, but nothing comes behind them. Unless someone is standing right in front of the entrance to the infirmary tower, they'll have a hard time viewing the large blurry form that lashes out with five powerful clawed hands towards the door to tear it right off its hinges. The creature is more than capable of tearing several inches of hardened steel in half with only moderate effort, so anything short of a foot thick blast door won't pose much of a speed bump.

Back in the infirmary, Mitch starts snoring again, the drugs taking their effect and knocking him out.
    [Infirmary]

Mia looks at the snorting Mitch, but befor she can say anything the sound of claws tearing a door apart can be heared. She turns to the door where MDM stands and charges her gun. Ready to shoot anything that breakes through it.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-12-29 at 06:08 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

[Bulletin Board]

A message appears on the bulletin boards in both bases.

There's a search-and-rescue mission that needs doing. Inquire with me for details.

- Wenomir
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #1274

Mountain Base - Bulletin Board

Aiden stands in front of the board reading Wenomir's notice. He sighs in relief. "Freaking finally, something fun happens," he says, before walking off to find Wenomir. "So done with all this drama with mind-readers and cyborgs and bleh."

15. - Top - End - #1275

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie shakes her hair back into place. Well, y'know, I have my hairdresser drop a Ponerian on my face. Really brings out the volume in my locks. She picks her bony butt off the floor, wincing. Falling sucks for skinny people.
    So, what was that all about?
    I see where it takes the volume from. Agatha takes note of how Carrie has changed since the last time she saw her. The exaggerated "flat" hand gestures she's making are not strictly necessary, but she finds them amusing. Your precious Apostate-King had me locked up for... How long has it been? It was right after we last talked.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

I see where it takes the volume from. Agatha takes note of how Carrie has changed since the last time she saw her. The exaggerated "flat" hand gestures she's making are not strictly necessary, but she finds them amusing. Your precious Apostate-King had me locked up for... How long has it been? It was right after we last talked.
    Carrie huffs a little. Yeah, well, I don't need bi---whatever. Anyway, I was more asking... why are you specifically here, falling out of a portal onto me right now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Halfling in the Playground

Ocean Base - Leviathan

Well, there's not much more Marcus can do here, besides inevitably die from draining his own life force by making runes...

He's already scattered Runes of Protection three feet apart from each other in a weblike pattern. They should allow the glass to survive one extra round of cannon fire...but that's all they can guarantee.
    As staff and lowlevel members begin nearing the area, he waves them off, shouting Get back! We've got a monster on our hands. If you have no abilities relevant to protecting walls or destroying undead sea beasts, you need to head to safer areas of the facility!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bulletin Board]

There's a search-and-rescue mission that needs doing. Inquire with me for details.

- Wenomir
    Marcus will likely see this later, but he's a bit busy at the moment.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1278

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Courtyard]

Patty wastes no time in running after Wenomir, once more sending a blast of telekinetic force to try to clear some of the fog.

...this time, infusing a bit of the Holy nature of her goddess' power into the blast, wondering if maybe the fog might catch fire.

That might be Fun! Briefly.
    GET OUT OF THE WAY!
    Sophia shouts towards anyone in front of her as she bites down upon her hand. In a flash of light,her hulking (though wiry, thin and muscular, she is rather large now), 15 meter tall titan form appears, with a feral roar that strikes fear in the hearts of her enemies (as in, it literally terrifies those not strong enough mentally to resist the psychic effect). Sophia charges towards the creature with speed (lucky footwork preventing friendly fire), diamond armor forming around her neck and feet/shins or firearms/hands, and aims to either deliver a powerful kick or strong uppercut to the creature deprnding on size.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #1279

[Ocean Base - Leviathan]

As the leviathan looms closer, it turns with a sweep of it's massive tail, bringing the great cannons jutting from its flanks alongside to the base. Silvery fire roars from the barrels and churns the brackish waters into a hissing curtain of steam and bubbling air pockets, and three great shells hurtle towards the base. Each one is loaded not with gunpowder but liquid flame, the same stuff used to propel them forward, and clearly able to burn underwater.
    Which begs the question - did Marcus think to weave runes against flame as well as force?

In any case, Kynegetis will have quite a welcome awaiting her as she leaps from the airlock. Even before the waves of rolling pressure set up by the barrage have settled, along come the little darting things that hid in the leviathan's shadow. They snake through the waters, sleek and sinuous, and atop each dire eel's back rides a merfolk brandishing a spear. One, the closest, flings his weapon at the goddess, as the other two break off in either direction and circle into a closing pincer.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #1280

Carrie huffs a little. Yeah, well, I don't need bi---whatever. Anyway, I was more asking... why are you specifically here, falling out of a portal onto me right now?
    I just broke out of my cell. Her hands erupt into black fire, melting the broken manacles off her wrists. Is it payback time? Oh yes, I think it is.

[Leviathan]

Amazing, merfolk this far down. Kynegetis checks to see if they are undead too. If they are actually alive, it will make this more complicated. Either way, rather impressive to throw a spear any significant distance through water with enough force to wound. For reference, a rubber-powered speargun (which is more powerful than a pneumatic speargun at serious depths) has an effective range of 5 meters. Kyne would have to burn some serious power to throw her own spear back, power she prefers to put into boosting her speed. The Aspect dodges the first attack, then zooms towards one of the mer-nerds trying to flank her, hopefully reaching it before the other two catch up to her. There she shall attempt to impale the dire eel with her artifact weapon.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallway]
    Carrie sighs, closing her eyes. What, against Tobias? She massages her temple. Remind me how well that went, y'know, last time? Didn't he break your arm?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282

[Bulletin Board]

[Bulletin Board]

Tovpir reads the note and nods. With his string he grabs the little girl sitting on his back and puts her down next to him.
    "You stay here. I got to do something. If you need anything you can ask the people around. You don't need to be afraid of them." Tovpir says to the young fire elf. The girl nods and heads off.
    After that he heads for the meeting room. (Assuming that's the location)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Ocean Base - Leviathan]

As the leviathan looms closer, it turns with a sweep of it's massive tail, bringing the great cannons jutting from its flanks alongside to the base. Silvery fire roars from the barrels and churns the brackish waters into a hissing curtain of steam and bubbling air pockets, and three great shells hurtle towards the base. Each one is loaded not with gunpowder but liquid flame, the same stuff used to propel them forward, and clearly able to burn underwater.
    Which begs the question - did Marcus think to weave runes against flame as well as force?

In any case, Kynegetis will have quite a welcome awaiting her as she leaps from the airlock. Even before the waves of rolling pressure set up by the barrage have settled, along come the little darting things that hid in the leviathan's shadow. They snake through the waters, sleek and sinuous, and atop each dire eel's back rides a merfolk brandishing a spear. One, the closest, flings his weapon at the goddess, as the other two break off in either direction and circle into a closing pincer.
    [Ocean Base - Leviathan]

Kynegetis isn't alone in the deep see, even thought the merfolk don't seem to take note of them. As Mia sees the the two merfolk breaking out to flank Kynegetis, she orders the two following armors to attack them. Sn after they got their order, they break out from Mias side , using the jetpack like engine on their back tto shoot like torpedos at the merfolk. Clearly they won't be fast enougth to kill them with the tackle, but thats not their point. they just try to stop them from flanking Kynegetis and if possible grab the merfolk in this attemp.

Mia on the other hand stays a bit back. She isn't afraid of the speaars, but someone needs to controll the armors.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Briefing]

Once everyone is there, Wenomir addresses them.

"Let's get down to business. What I need your team to do is investigate a location as a favour to an intelligence director who works for Tobias and might work with us in the future. A goatherd he was using as an informant dropped off the radar soon after telling him about a location he suspected of containing something nasty. We have the location of his GPS marker, which hasn't moved in days. You're to head there, find out what happened to him and verify his claims. If something there turns out to be a threat, you're to make sure it ceases to be one. Any questions?"

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let's get down to business. What I need your team to do is investigate a location as a favour to an intelligence director who works for Tobias and might work with us in the future. A goatherd he was using as an informant dropped off the radar soon after telling him about a location he suspected of containing something nasty. We have the location of his GPS marker, which hasn't moved in days. You're to head there, find out what happened to him and verify his claims. If something there turns out to be a threat, you're to make sure it ceases to be one. Any questions?"
    Carrie, who was totally here the whole time, listens carefully to Wenomir's briefing. She has her sword on her back and is dressed rather more ready for action than her usual casual clothes. Not that she doesn't look a little on edge, of course.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285

[Hallway]
    Carrie sighs, closing her eyes. What, against Tobias? She massages her temple. Remind me how well that went, y'know, last time? Didn't he break your arm?
    Carrie should not have closed her eyes. Agatha extinguishes the flames on one hand and tries to use it to pin the winged woman to the wall by her neck. She realizes even as she lunges that this is a tremendously bad idea, but she thinks the only way to get out of this mess is by pressing forward. So this time I'll break someone he cares about.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie should not have closed her eyes. Agatha extinguishes the flames on one hand and tries to use it to pin the winged woman to the wall by her neck. She realizes even as she lunges that this is a tremendously bad idea, but she thinks the only way to get out of this mess is by pressing forward. So this time I'll break someone he cares about.
    Carrie winces and struggles, trying to kick Agatha in the stomach. Or the trousers, that's fine too.
    Oh, and that's not going to make him kill you? And my daughter, and Kyne, and Sam---you really hate life, don't you? She grits her teeth.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1287

Mountain Base - Briefing

"Yeah, when do we leave?" Aiden says, stretching his arms. Like Carrie, his sword is also on his back, alongside his twin pistols. His other weapons are... somewhere. Where does he keep those? "I've been cooped up here way too long, I'm ready to rock."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-12-31 at 05:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Halfling in the Playground

Ocean Base - Leviathan

)(I haven't noticed anyone besides TE, Zefir, FF, and myself active in this plot, so I'm gonna post. Lemme know if I'm skipping anyone...)(

This is mostly for clarification anyways.
    Marcus Regulus uses the Seven Runes of Power, which are essentially the building blocks of all Rune Magic.

They're not as precise, but that's kind of the point.
    His Runes of Protection are not designed to ward against force or fire, in particular, but to enhance the natural protective abilities of the wall/glass itself.

As said in my previous post, he does his best to guide any VIGIL members in the area away from the danger zone.

After he is satisfied that nobody is going to venture closer, he'll head to

The Meeting Room - Ocean

to see if any of the leaders are here and aware of the situation...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1289

Tovpir listens carefully, but right now he got no questions at all. UNlike the others he got no swords or guns on him. His natural weapon should be enougth.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

"You can leave as soon as you're ready," Wenomir says with a shrug, handing them a map. "I marked the location of his GPS tracker on this map. Go there and deal with whatever you find."