New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hallway]
    Carrie tries to pin her in a prone position with her arms behind her back. I'd apologize for breaking your nose, but you've been a rude little hussy and I'm feeling very uncharitable.
    As the corrupted woman is pinned down, a trickle of blood appears from her face. The trickle turns into a puddle and the puddle turns into a lake. More blood than a broken nose can account for. More blood than a single body can account for. The cracks in the walls expand in a fractal pattern and faint screaming can be heard through them. Agatha struggles against Carrie, fighting to keep her head above the rapidly spreading blood. Save me! SAVE US!

[Job 42]

Only one merman left; Kyne won't get a second shot at this. She drops her spear, letting it sink to the oceanfloor. Then she extends both hands to the rider, one empty and promising salvation while the other holds a naked blade and offers the opposite. He must choose which one to take. Souls must be freely offered to gods, they cannot be seized by force.

SWEAR FEALTY TO ME, YOUR QUEEN. SUBMIT, BODY AND SOUL, TO ME AND JOIN MY HUNT.

It should be noted that this Divine Revelation via telepathy can be heard by anyone in the oceanic base. The Huntress is focusing her Will on the poor merman, so the effect on everyone else is more of a polite invitation than a megaphone blasting in one's mind. But if there was anyone left unaware of the awkward assassin's evolution to terrifying dominatrix... well, they can consider themselves well and truly notified.
    And the more informed among them will know exactly who to blame.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallway Hellway]
    Carrie curses, trying to haul Agatha to her feet. She tries to run with the would-be-assassin, dragging her along if she has to. TEMPORARY TRUCE IN ORDER TO NOT DIE!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard]

Patty can deal with foxgirl assassins in black leather later; right now, she has a demon to slay.

"And what guarantee do we have that you'll hold up your bargain?" she asks, calling on her abilities to check for whether or not the demon is in its true form, or shapechanged...

...even as purple energies continue to snap, crackle, and pop around her hands, which she keeps in front of her, clearly in view...and clearly ready.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Courtyard

you're stalling The demon gurgles as it digs a claw into the woman's throat and makes a small slice. She thrashes and tries to scream, but all that comes out is a wet ragged wheeze as the air escapes from her cut wind-pipe rather than her covered mouth. The cut is very precise, just a couple millimeters from hitting the carotid or jugular on either side. There's still quite a bit of bright red blood, but KR's alive for now. get the man or she dies. it is simple

There is no magic on her, and when the psychic probing occurs, Patty will get fear, anger, pain, and hopelessness all begging to be to the foremost emotion. It is all very strong but incoherent, which is quite reasonable given the situation. As for the natural form, it is hard to tell with the demon as it seems to be all around and just concentrated in front of them, but the woman is very real.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard]

Wenomir gets a quick look from Patty - one that clearly communicates that, as far as she can tell, the owls really are exactly as they seem.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard]

Wenomir's hands clench, almost imperceptibly, on the hilt of his sword. Is that... but how could it... no. If there's a chance it really is her... he can't afford to lose her. Not like this. Not through his own choice.

"Alright," he says, his voice quiet and sunken. "You'll get him."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Courtyard

Spako simply nods, biding his time on this one.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Library]

"It changes. Often, it's all in perception. But little remains as little always." The wyrm cocks its head to one side, and turns that unblinking dark amber gaze back on Spako. It seems curious, as much as can be told behind that bony mask of a face and those strange eyes. "Why? You have skill at magic. You could know for yourself."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako frowns, which really means his ears dip for a moment.
    "I'm not sure that I follow you. I think that if that was something any mage could do I'd have seen a lot more of my cousins." he says, a bit curious himself.

10. - Top - End - #1330

There's something quite funny about that, the little dragon seems to think. Sparks burst on its tongue as it caws, a strange little sound, not quite a laugh. "It's not so easy. But with the knowledge, anyone could try it, for a time."

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako sighs.
    "I doubt it. I've always been rotten at fancy magics. I mostly know how to break things, or make me better at breaking things. Never had any real schooling, so I guess there's that excuse. What do you like to read, anyway?" he says.

12. - Top - End - #1332

"I've always liked histories." The wyrm says, with a lazy flick of its tail.
    "But as for schooling, there was an offer there. Not that I think you missed that, but, it standss."

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako shrugs.
    "Suppose it'll be an experiment then, if you can muster the patience to deal with me. But history is a touchy subject, since seemingly everything written down is true somewhere. Take this shelf, for example. It's all heroic tales, the kind that turn out all right in the end. Chances are at least half of these are accurate on some world somewhere."
    Spako is very fond of that shelf. It has stories of nice people who had things turn all right without having to say goodbye to friends every four months...

14. - Top - End - #1334

((Sophia is skipped this round, cuz she diesnt have anything to do right now besides sit and watch))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Courtyard

then get him The Demon commands, running a claw gently down the woman's cheek, applying just enough pressure to leave a mark but not enough to break the skin. and no worries. i won't kill the man. i'll even tell you where you can find us so you can attempt to get him back.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard]

His eyes fixed on the demon and the woman it's holding, Wenomir directs the base servants and medical drones to bring him the injured man from the infirmary, unless someone stops him or protests.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mountain Base- Library

Spako shrugs.
    "Suppose it'll be an experiment then, if you can muster the patience to deal with me. But history is a touchy subject, since seemingly everything written down is true somewhere. Take this shelf, for example. It's all heroic tales, the kind that turn out all right in the end. Chances are at least half of these are accurate on some world somewhere."
    Spako is very fond of that shelf. It has stories of nice people who had things turn all right without having to say goodbye to friends every four months...
    The wyrm leaps from his shoulder to atop the shelves, and paces along the edge, craning its head down to see what Spako's picked. "Very observant of you. Most useful thingss are history, in their own ways. I find that very soothing, very interesting. Have you ever met anyone you've found in a book?" It looks back up at the kobold, curiosity in it's voice. "I've always wanted that to happen. Find some fairytale walked off the page."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako shakes his head.
    "No one specific, no. Peoples, places, yes, but never a specific individual." he explains.

Courtyard

As before, Spako doesn't have anything to comment about right now.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-01-13 at 02:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

"Shame." With a surprising grace, the wyrm coils its tail down around a book and pulls it from the shelf. "But there's always tomorrow's surprises. You can come back tomorrow, if you're still interested in learning then. But today, I have traveled a long ways, and I crave a quiet evening with a good book." Already, the little dragon is coiling up around its prize, flipping open the book with a claw. It yawns, a strange motion on such an alien face. "Oh, but your name is? I always forget to ask..."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-01-12 at 10:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

It's not so alien for a kobold.
    "Spako Highclaws is my name. If anyone asks who let you in tell them you're my guest. Good evening, then. I'll be back in the morning." he says, bobbing his head once.

21. - Top - End - #1341

"Thank you, Spako. Til then." And with that, the wyrm buries its beak in the words, idly purring a low, satisfied purr.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

And come again Spako does, early in the morning after breakfast, wearing only his red slacks with his book-belt and carrying a small plate laden with a few breakfast rolls and sausages.
    "Good morning. I brought you a meal." he says, if he can find the dragon.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Courtyard]

His eyes fixed on the demon and the woman it's holding, Wenomir directs the base servants and medical drones to bring him the injured man from the infirmary, unless someone stops him or protests.
    [Infirmary]

As the bots come to get the injured man, Mia nearly shoots at them just able to shut of the weapon in time. As they attemp to get the man she stops them. She likly finds out what the job of the robots is and grabs the communikator.

"Wenomir? Why do you want to give them this man?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #1344

The wyrm isn't too hard to find. One of the tables has been buried in what seems like an avalanche of books, fairy tales and magician's tomes piled up in teetering stacks, and the little dragon is curled up beneath a heavy volume of the dictionary, carefully balanced into something of a tent. It yawns as Spako approaches, the little translucent lids of its eyes blinking away the sleep. "Oh, yes, breakfast. Very kind, very kind." The words trail off in another yawn, and the dragon stretches out from the claws on its wings to the tip of its tail, shaking itself awake. "I've found you a few books, should be interesting reading.."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-01-13 at 06:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako chuckles.
    "I do hope that you intend on cleaning some of this up eventually, or there could be some trouble. But what have you got for me?" he says, setting the plate down.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard/Infirmary]

"Because the demon is holding Kr hostage," Wenomir says curtly, through almost-clenched teeth.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-01-13 at 02:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347

The dragon turns an idle eye back over the monumental mess it's made, the towers and landslides of history. It shrugs its wings in the image of callousness, but can't quite suppress the little growling noise it calls a laugh, little puffs of smoke drifting from its nostrils.
    "Oh, what stony, cold-hearted librarian hasn't shared the dream of living in a book palace? And how will these craven creatures dare try oust me once I give them my most fearsome growl, and threaten to send my dear friend the terrible Highclaws upon them?" Very pleased with itself indeed, the wyrm pulls the plate closer and splits open a sausage with the flick of a claw, pecking happily at the ground innards.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base- Library

Spako laughs. He can't help it. Damn, but this dragon is just a cat!\
    "Yeah, except they all outrank me. If you want to keep this pile here I can give you a corner in my room with a blanket. You might be able to keep a third of your present hoard there on top of it. But I'm afraid any more on a semi-permanent basis would be proving those other librarians right, wouldn't it?"

29. - Top - End - #1349

Spoiler: Leviathan
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Ocean Base - Leviathan]

As the light and thunder of Kynegetis fills the ocean, the battle turns to chaos. The rider screams and his slithering mount rears, only his hand on the reigns holding the panicked beast from a route, the spear in his hand forgotten before the fury of a god.

And its companions are awestruck as well. The captured eel flails, desperately trying to grab the armor's head between its jaws and crush the life from its assailant. It has no teeth as such, no bones at all, but enough muscle to rend steel with blunt force alone. Across the way, the rider who lifts his sword to strike the other powersuit pauses, turning to the sudden flare of light behind his back - and then Mia pulls him from his mount, the merman imploding to a splatter of gore between her fingers.

But the Leviathan cannot feel fear or know to flee from angry gods. The tendrils reach out towards the lights of the base, sprouting hooks of bone and suckers to grip the walls where cannon-fire has already weakened them. With all its might the Leviathan rears back, tearing at the walls, trying to sunder steel and glass and warding spells alike and let the ocean in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Job 42]

Only one merman left; Kyne won't get a second shot at this. She drops her spear, letting it sink to the oceanfloor. Then she extends both hands to the rider, one empty and promising salvation while the other holds a naked blade and offers the opposite. He must choose which one to take. Souls must be freely offered to gods, they cannot be seized by force.

SWEAR FEALTY TO ME, YOUR QUEEN. SUBMIT, BODY AND SOUL, TO ME AND JOIN MY HUNT.

It should be noted that this Divine Revelation via telepathy can be heard by anyone in the oceanic base. The Huntress is focusing her Will on the poor merman, so the effect on everyone else is more of a polite invitation than a megaphone blasting in one's mind. But if there was anyone left unaware of the awkward assassin's evolution to terrifying dominatrix... well, they can consider themselves well and truly notified.
    And the more informed among them will know exactly who to blame.

[Ocean Base - Leviathan]

The armor tries to swing the attacking eel around to prevent it from biting, but his movement underwater is slowed down so the eel will succeed. The helm is one of the weakest parts, since it should allow the person inside to look outside. The eel will crush the helm, but instead of blood and bones he will just find air bubbles rising up from the armor filling with undersea water. Sadly the armor doesn't seem to loose grip on the eel. He will attemp to swing the eel around and prevent it from biting anything els, slowly sinking to the ground unless the eel prevents it in a way.

Mia takes note of the Revelation, but her belive in Deus Mechanicus is to strong to follow the call. She tries to remind it for later, but right now she got another problem. The other armor is still in the eels grab, I assume. So Mia press a buttonand an edge appears on the underarm of the armor. She then heads to the eel and tries to cut it to free the armor. If she won't succeed the armor in the eels grip will take to much damage to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Because the demon is holding Kr hostage," Wenomir says curtly, through almost-clenched teeth.

"What?" Mia says confused. She is aware that KR is an important person of Vigil so Wenomir can hear Mia call orders to prepare a transport. "Is this a trade or do you plan to save both."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Courtyard]

Well the situation outside is just about to get a whole lot more hilarious, because Kr, who had been floating above the fog previously, now decides to land with the rest of the Vigil crew, facing the demon which is currently now holding her hostage.
    "I beg to differ." She says, touching down lightly next to Wenomir.
    "A lot of effort into your deception, though I'd like to imagine I'd hold up a little better under pressure." She says, not seeming to mind that she's basically staring at a mutilated, tortured version of herself, who may or may not be an actual living person there. "Do you perhaps have a backup plan?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.