New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXXI: All Of These Ponies Are Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    However in general, I'm fine with choosing Good to be a nerf. It's more realistic for doing the 'right thing' to make life harder for yourself. You might get rewarded incidentally, but generally you end up giving something up to be a good person. At the very least you don't gain much. Making them both have bonuses changes it from a choice between good and evil to team a or team b.
    I just find it ridiculous - and this is ME talking, remember - that in NO situation, not a one, did the good option give any positive result. I'm sorry, that does does not feel credible on any level. The good solution is never the right one, hmm? Yeah no. At the very least, it should mean that you get (sometimes) some sort of other (larger, probably) bonus sometime down the line. I thought Evil was supposed to be quicker not just BETTER. As it stands, it shatters my sense of imersion.

It also means it's NOT a series of choices - it's just a tick box whether you're playing good, neutral or evil. You may as well have just had a tick box at the start of the game, because you're basically you're going to be forced to pick all of one (if you're good) or pick the other (if you don't care about alignment) or pick every other one if you're neutral. It's not a meanigful set of choices. They are basically just subsumed into the choice of "I'm going to be good or evil." (Having, at least, the "good" bonuses come in a turn or few later would actually provide some more meaningful weight to the choices because then you're also trading off bonus now for bonus later, which is at least something... But not having the evil choice always be the one that gives you the best result would be a better start. Or not necessarily having the final result of the choice obvious from the get go.)

Actually, I haven't played for a while, but isn't there a tech that allows you to set your alignment or something? So can't you just pick all the evil choices and then pick good with Xeno-ethics? (Actually, I just checked - I never realised: it's more stupid than that. When you pick and alignment, it stops giving you the choices. Which are irrelevant, since you can pick all evil and then decide to pick good at Xeno-ethics. If you're gonna do that, at least make it so that people have to STICK to their alignment choice like it was Bioware game or something, and not just crib all the bonuses in the early and then Become Good later if you care enough about the diplomacy...

That system REALLY, REALLY needs balancing so it doesn't fail that badly.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-08-10 at 06:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Spamalot in the Playground

Good Morning Ponies...
    Spoiler
    Show

Not MLP ponies, but these are still so gosh-darn cute!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    So many nice tracks and PMV's out lately. What can one do but just link them all!!!
    Bueno.jpg
    I have found a few new tracks to add to my collection. Thanks BlasTech!

That is a huge improvement on the Once Upon A Time In Canterlot. Don't like the song as much though.
    Song's alright, but it's hard to pay attention to that when the animation is really good. Also, Derpy kicks butt. :D

Speaking of music,
    Ghostbusters PMV
    Sweeeet. [/Snails]
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I just find it ridiculous - and this is ME talking, remember - that in NO situation, not a one, did the good option give any positive result. I'm sorry, that does does not feel credible on any level. The good solution is never the right one, hmm? Yeah no. At the very least, it should mean that you get (sometimes) some sort of other (larger, probably) bonus sometime down the line. I thought Evil was supposed to be quicker not just BETTER. As it stands, it shatters my sense of imersion.

It also means it's NOT a series of choices - it's just a tick box whether you're playing good, neutral or evil. You may as well have just had a tick box at the start of the game, because you're basically you're going to be forced to pick all of one (if you're good) or pick the other (if you don't care about alignment) or pick every other one if you're neutral. It's not a meanigful set of choices. They are basically just subsumed into the choice of "I'm going to be good or evil." (Having, at least, the "good" bonuses come in a turn or few later would actually provide some more meaningful weight to the choices because then you're also trading off bonus now for bonus later, which is at least something... But not having the evil choice always be the one that gives you the best result would be a better start. Or not necessarily having the final result of the choice obvious from the get go.)

Actually, I haven't played for a while, but isn't there a tech that allows you to set your alignment or something? So can't you just pick all the evil choices and then pick good with Xeno-ethics? (Actually, I just checked - I never realised: it's more stupid than that. When you pick and alignment, it stops giving you the choices. Which are irrelevant, since you can pick all evil and then decide to pick good at Xeno-ethics. If you're gonna do that, at least make it so that people have to STICK to their alignment choice like it was Bioware game or something, and not just crib all the bonuses in the early and then Become Good later if you care enough about the diplomacy...

That system REALLY, REALLY needs balancing so it doesn't fail that badly.
    Some of the good choices had basically no penalty (stop piracy for the high high cost of 1bc ) if I remember correctly, some literally had no penalty. Of course I found I could do a mix of good and neutral choices and still be considered a 'saintly' nation.

That said, the system is pretty bad, particularly since Xeno-ethics lets you choose any of them (though you do pay a cost if you haven't been playing the chosen way) and worse, stops the choices. If I'm playing a pure good game? I rush that tech to stop the penalties.

Like I said, in general I'm fine with good being a nerfed choice in some way. But for Gal Civ in particular, it needs a major rework.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

The music from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_1...utu.be&t=2m03s

To approximately 10 seconds afterwards... is there an extended version of it? I mean the exact version. Not just an 8 bit version because there seem to be differences in sounds for other versions.

note: I've already cast mark and have an item of recall queued up for a quick escape after the answer. /morrowind

Edit: Supposedly, we all know the vampires in twilight sparkle. However, I am skeptical because I've never seen them. How do we know they are in her at all? All I'm asking for is some proof. I think I may have to contact Gabby Gums for some undercover investigatory work.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2014-08-10 at 05:06 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said, in general I'm fine with good being a nerfed choice in some way. But for Gal Civ in particular, it needs a major rework.
    Yeah, let's hope GalCiv 3 does a bit better job of it.

I'm SERIOUSLY rating Age of Mythology. I think it really is one the best RTS I've played in ages. The story is interesting (if basic, but basic and well exectied beats complex and done badly) and there is enough variety in missions (something Starcraft 2 got right, but missing the most important one, one without some sort of pseudo-time limit...) Also, no other game has made me play as a pig. And frack damn, it actually has a decent amount of missions ! 32 in just the basic game, never mind the expansion. That's pretty good by any standards. (Yeah, some things like the original AoE probably had more, but they were... A bit tiresomely samey. Empire Earth managed to do it right, though, but then again, they had more tech levels to work with.)

Bit quiet on the pony stuff front again, ain't it? Still, not as quite as this time last year, so there's that. (Partly, I suspect, because everypony was in limbo after Magical Mystery Cure as to what would happen to Twilight.)

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

So, I spotted a thing in local Tesco:

Spoiler
    Show

Famous British Quality
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Famous British Quality
    i know right..couldn't even get the name right on the one in lower left
    it's Debbie
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #908

(stop piracy for the high high cost of 1bc )
    From today's run on my Pacifist game:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scientists discover drug to make super soldiers. Problem is it cuts life expectancy in half. Your options:
    Good: Don't use the drug (No penalty)
    Neutral: Allow soldiers to volunteer (+1% Soldier Bonus)
    Evil: Require all soldiers to take it (+1% Soldier Bonus)

Gee... I'm feeling so... evil... today...

That said, the system is pretty bad, particularly since Xeno-ethics lets you choose any of them
    I pick all the evil choices when they're good bonuses. Then I'll pick Neutral Alignment for $2500, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    The music from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_1...utu.be&t=2m03s
    To approximately 10 seconds afterwards... is there an extended version of it? I mean the exact version.
    Not that I can find. Might have to ask the creators of the Anthology series.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Famous British Quality
    Alexis is Best Kucyki!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

I'm SERIOUSLY rating Age of Mythology. I think it really is one the best RTS I've played in ages. The story is interesting (if basic, but basic and well exectied beats complex and done badly) and there is enough variety in missions (something Starcraft 2 got right, but missing the most important one, one without some sort of pseudo-time limit...) Also, no other game has made me play as a pig. And frack damn, it actually has a decent amount of missions ! 32 in just the basic game, never mind the expansion. That's pretty good by any standards. (Yeah, some things like the original AoE probably had more, but they were... A bit tiresomely samey. Empire Earth managed to do it right, though, but then again, they had more tech levels to work with.)
    Yeah, I played AoM religiously when I was younger. Its pretty good, but the expansions campaign is a rip off. It is literally impossible to fail the last mission. You can even walk away on the hardest difficulty and you'll still win, I tried. What I'm sad about is I had collected a large and good amount of modded game versions over my time playing it, but they aren't compatible with the current steam version. I am very sad.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #910

Best Wubs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #911
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Best Wubs
    Spoiler
    Show
    I looked at this, and imediatly the Alive 2007 Harder Better Faster Stronger/Telivision Rules the Nation/Around the World mix started playing in my mind.

In other words, 300xp
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I looked at this, and imediatly the Alive 2007 Harder Better Faster Stronger/Telivision Rules the Nation/Around the World mix started playing in my mind.
    You mean this one? Wow that's nice.

*Noms the exp*
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, sometimes I go outside and remember that I live in a great natural wonderland.
    Spoiler: Though I guess there is actually a lot of civilization in this photo
    Show

I brought back a picture of a sunset, on my crappy phone camera. No stars unfortunately, Luna was trying too hard to outshine her sister.
    Spoiler: Sunset
    Show

In other completely unrelated news, guess what I got today (well, Friday, but I wasn't here).
    Spoiler: Much excitement
    Show
    I have my reading material for the next little while. There's really something to be said for dead trees to really put the weight behind words. Anyways, they look absolutely fantastic, very satisfied with my first piece of pony merchandise (is it still if it's not official, or is it something else then?).

Also, because it hasn't been linked, though I'm sure many have already seen it: This fancy FoE SFM thing.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

14. - Top - End - #914

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Well, sometimes I go outside and remember that I live in a great natural wonderland.
    I was looking at your avatar trying to decipher what it is when I read this. Then pictured it cruisin' around those photos you took.
    Nice place BTW.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean this one? Wow that's nice.

*Noms the exp*
    Ooh, that is really nice. That one's going in the favorites folder.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

I woke up today humming You'll Play Your Part. And it's just become more and more stuck in my head.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #917

1. Break the bonds of your prison.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. Plan your revenge against your sister.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. Escape from the moon!
    Spoiler
    Show

This is why I hate Self-checkouts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Not that I can find. Might have to ask the creators of the Anthology series.
    Then I'll have to engage them ship to ship I mean, I'll have to look through each channel listed as supporting I guess.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2014-08-11 at 05:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

This is why I hate Self-checkouts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I refused to use 'em for a good two or three years until they'd got most of the bugs out.

Now I generally find that - in Sainsbury's at least - they are functional enought and faster than the checkouts when you're only picking a couple of bits up.

20. - Top - End - #920

I refused to use 'em for a good two or three years until they'd got most of the bugs out.

Now I generally find that - in Sainsbury's at least - they are functional enought and faster than the checkouts when you're only picking a couple of bits up.
    I use them on occasion now, but sometimes they're still buggy. I like the ones at the Sams Club near me because they have a cordless scanning gun you can use and that thing can pick up the UPC codes well.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

They give you bits when you go shopping?
    Spoiler: These bits?
    Show

Also, self checkout is wonderful for me because I'm not exactly the most social person.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, self checkout is wonderful for me because I'm not exactly the most social person.
    I walk through Kroger with my earbuds in, so to keep that up, I tend to use the self-checkout. They're ok until you need more than two bags, and you have to pick one up off the weight sensor, then it goes crazy because it thinks you're stealing or something. Seriously, give me more than two bags at a time, or fix that.

23. - Top - End - #923

They give you bits when you go shopping?
    Yeah, four quarters for a... buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They're ok until you need more than two bags, and you have to pick one up off the weight sensor, then it goes crazy because it thinks you're stealing or something.
    That's the one major flaw that turns me away from many check out machines. I refuse to use the weight ones because they're so finicky. I'd rather buy some tonic off the Flim Flam brothers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, four quarters for a... buck.

That's the one major flaw that turns me away from many check out machines. I refuse to use the weight ones because they're so finicky. I'd rather buy some tonic off the Flim Flam brothers.
    Digo my vengeance will be swift and terrible to behold.

Really? I don't have any problems with those machines. Well not many. It does take it's time in confirming that I've put the bag back on the scale and haven't stolen anything.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sometimes I wonder about the internet.

As far as Google can tell me, no one has ever combined Pinkie's Smile Song with the Ladybug Chant.

You'd think it'd work. "Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake!" But nopony seems to have done it.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Sometimes I wonder about the internet.

As far as Google can tell me, no one has ever combined Pinkie's Smile Song with the Ladybug Chant.

You'd think it'd work. "Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake!" But nopony seems to have done it.
    This is a special moment folks. Someone has come up with an idea hat has yet to be shown anywhere on the internet.

27. - Top - End - #927

Digo my vengeance will be swift and terrible to behold.
    Mwahahaha, excellent. ^_^

Really? I don't have any problems with those machines. Well not many. It does take it's time in confirming that I've put the bag back on the scale and haven't stolen anything.
    Machines and I don't get along and self checkouts are just... I dunno. If machines ever do rise up against us, I'm totally joining the resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    I guess no one has come up with a common beat for it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This is a special moment folks. Someone has come up with an idea hat has yet to be shown anywhere on the internet.
    Those are exciting moments. :)
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got around to having my mate put the RAM I bought in, like November in... To our great irritation, it did not want to know about having the old and new RAM together at all, despite the fact I very carefully had sure it was all the same spec and the suggestion from other techs otherwise.. So, despite a net +2 gig of RAM, I still am going to need to some for Squadron 42 eventually.

Bampy is now in a care home, and getting steadily weaker. He's picked up a chest infection. They're treating it, but... My sister, who is nurse, grimly estimates it might only be a week or two. Working on the basis that - assuming he lasts anther 48 hours - on Thursday, it might be the last time I see him.

Not been a good day.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-08-12 at 04:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Colossus in the Playground

Bampy is now in a care home, and getting steadily weaker. He's picked up a chest infection. They're treating it, but... My sister, who is nurse, grimly estimates it might only be a week or two. Working on the basis that - assuming he lasts anther 48 hours - on Thursday, it might be the last time I see him.

Not been a good day.
    *No contact man-hug of sympathy*

Spoiler: Potential mood-lifter
    Show
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Plus side... this made me feel somewhat better.

Welcome to my world, Equestria...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-08-12 at 05:14 PM.