New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Kidnap

1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Kidnap

((OOC: (can you move it to the next day seeing as theres nothing else to achieve))
    Last edited by styro; 2008-04-12 at 04:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

After an evening of quiet drinks, the night passes uneventfully, other than Johnny's rampant streaking and sodomising of the tavern's stable's occupants, finally being dragged off by the city guard somewhere around dawn.

The rest of you awake and prepare for the day, heading down to the docks. As you arrive, you are approached by an elf dressed as one would expect a ship's captain to be dressed.

"You must be the adventurers, please, follow me."

He leads you onboard a small and sleek, hopefully swift ship, and gives the order to cast off. Crewmen hustle about and soon the ship is away from the dock and in transit. Once more the elf approaches.

"Sorry about the rush, I wanted to make the most of this wind."

He clears his throat, and in a booming and happy voice

"I am Captain Alel, in the employ of the Governor of Aicamaj, and I now welcome you aboard this fine vessel, the Hindentanic!"

3. - Top - End - #183

Xander spends a few moments admiring the ship and wondering why there weren't departure customs. this seemed strange but dismisses his worries of being kidnapped with one look at his swords. he politely asks the captian to be shown his quarters.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ugh.."

Xeyphon mumbled before following on to the little dingy. He really just wanted to get this job over with. Sure he likes to help people but being of the chaotic nature, can't help but want to get the action on...

5. - Top - End - #185

((Behalf of Rurik)

Because of the copious amounts of raw alcohol consumed the previous night, Rurik was in no state to be making any comments. Therefore with a mighty heave, the elfin crew dragged the dwarf on board making sure to hit as much as they could, using his head as a battering ram. They finally dropped him, hard, on his head on the middle of the ship and dumped a bucket of the putrid harbor water all over his head. Now smelling worse then a tanners he started to come to.

6. - Top - End - #186

With Furius soon dragged on board in a similar state, the crew cast off and the ship sails. The trip is uneventful, and at dawn the next day, your destination is reached. The ship anchors in a quiet bay of the small island. It is densely covered in jungle, but for a path that begins not far from where the rowboat drops you on the beach.

As you stand looking at the path, the captain approaches you.

"Your boss asked me to give you this thing on arrival-"

he hands a palm sized metal device to Xeyphon

"-and there was a warning too...strange, I could have sworn he said to beware the weasels...but that can't be right. Oh well, I'm sure you'll figure it out if it comes up. Heh, weasels indeed..."

((OOC: Assuming you guys want to head up the path immediately, choose your marching order))
    Last edited by Solophoenix; 2008-05-05 at 06:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Xeyphon looks down on the strange metal thing in his hand then promptly shoved it into his pack.

"Whatever it is..." He muttered.

Checking his shield straps and amour condition, Xeyphon started up the path.

"I'll take point." He said to the guys behind.

8. - Top - End - #188

Only Briefly wondering if Rurik and Furius would be able to follow, Xander holds his scimitars against his shoulder straps and quickly follows Xeyphon.

While wandering, Xander starts looking around for a sturdy piece of wood about 4 x 4 x 4 inchs
    Last edited by styro; 2008-05-07 at 10:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

With an aching head and a blank spot where his memories of the previous night ought to have been, Furius gingerly disembarks from the Hindentanic, and vaguely hears something about weasels....

Weasels?

(1d20+7)[16]

Anyway, Furius climbs out of the boat, woozily, the bright sunlight barraging his skull and the world dancing wildly in front of his eyes. His stomach joins in the dance and divests itself of its scalding acidic contents on the sandy beach.

"Ugh..."

10. - Top - End - #190

Once his stomach is completely empty, Furius heads off after Xander

11. - Top - End - #191

Furius
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Weasels" is a word that starts with the letter "W"

12. - Top - End - #192

Rurik follows Xander empty headedly, blindly tripping over every root in sight (even ones which are way off the beaten path) causing himself to have an extremely messy appearance.

13. - Top - End - #193

As you march up the path, the first ten minutes pass uneventfully. Suddenly though, a rustling is heard in the bushes to your right. Seconds later, a flash of fur and the largest weasel you have ever seen bounds out of the bushes and clamps it's jaws down on Xeyphon.

Xeyphon takes 6 damage from the bite, and the weasel remains attatched.

Initiative Order:

Rurik
    Xeyphon
    Furius
    Weasel
    Xander

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

You should be able to work out your colour from the marching order. The green is dense forest, passing through a square that has any green in it costs double for movement.

((OOC:Although the weasel is attatched to Xeyphon, he is not technically grappled, and so retains the ability to take normal actions))
    Last edited by Solophoenix; 2008-05-11 at 02:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

((Rurik))

Seeing that he hadn't fully recovered from the previous nights drinking expeditions his thoughts became jumbled and fell on his face.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

it hurt... alot... as much as a man sized weasel bite should hurt. Worse was that the thing was now attached to Xeyphon. Seizing the moment, He rapidly drew his sword and lined up a cut against the thing and tried to slash it away.

Standard action: Draw sword
    Attack Action: Masterwork Long sword

attack - (1d20+5)[11]

edit: sorry, +6 because its masterwork making a total of 12
    Last edited by Acetic; 2008-05-13 at 01:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Xeyphon watched as his blade bit into the creature.

Damage - (1d8+3)[10]

17. - Top - End - #197

Furius flees over Rurik (to 7, 3) and then, reflecting on the need to protect his fellow party members charges back at the the weasel (8, 6) and attacks it with his sap, ineffectively.

Attack
    (1d20)[5]
    Damage (if applicable)
    (1d6-1)[1]
    Last edited by Furius; 2008-05-13 at 05:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Xeyphon's blade cute a slash across the weasel's side, it look slightly deterred but still holds on strong. Furius dashes through undergrowth and swings wildly with his sap, striking nothing but air.

Xeyphon's wound is now bleeding badly with the attatchment of the weasel and he takes (1d4)[1] points of constitution damage.

19. - Top - End - #199

((is the weasel gonna do something or can i try to hit it

20. - Top - End - #200

seeing that the midget beast has been mortaly wounded Xander moved up closer to attempt the final blow

Attack - (1d20+2)[20]

((i was sure my base attack was +6))

((if i'm able to use both weapons then
    Attack - (1d20+2)[9]))

21. - Top - End - #201

Umm, assuming my first roll was correct then ((Remember this can be deleted))

critical threat - (1d20+2)[14]

((I'm still gonna assume that its only +2 and not +6))

Damage - (1d6)[5]

22. - Top - End - #202

Rurik, stands up, takes one step and falls over the next root in sight (In the same square) and is unable to make any other moves.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(if it died then just ignore this post)
    Xeyphon seeing the weakened creature pushes the attack with a jab to the side of the creature hoping to get the vitals.

attack - (1d20+6)[23]

damage - (1d8+3)[7]

24. - Top - End - #204

Xander lands a solid hit on the weasel and rends it in twain, covering Xeyphon in warm, wet weasel guts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well done guys, 150xp each

Continuing along the path, you encounter no more weasels. At the end of the path is a large round door set into a mound of earth. The door is covered in archaic decoration, and in the centre is a seashell shaped indentation.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Xeyphon went up the track clutching his wound. The bleeding had ceased but the pain was still there.arriving at the destination, he quickly sat down next to the wall.

"Hold on for a minute, I just need to do something." He said to the rest of the people.

holding his hand over the wound, it began to heal.

[Lay on hands: 6 hp heal none left for the day. hp back to 19.]

feeling better though still a bit crippled from the blood loss, Xeyphon got up and waited at the front of the door. His sword drawn.

26. - Top - End - #206

Xander wipes clean his scimitar on the dwarfs clothes making sure to smear the messy remains everywhere, then falls in to follow Xeyphon.
    Last edited by styro; 2008-05-15 at 02:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Rurik looks at the blood, shrugs, then quickly walks into a tree. He stands again and continues to follow the ever growing line like a lemming.

((I hold nothing against lemmings, they are cool little animals forming the base of the largest myth known to man, curse the people who think that a reason to escape an overcrowded population is sometimes to literally jump off a cliff.))

28. - Top - End - #208

Furius breathes a sigh of relief that the weasel's innards ended up on Xeyphon rather than himself and then heads up the path until he reaches the end. There Furius beholds an ancient door. It looks large and heavy and Furius resolves not to open it, instead sitting down beside it.

He idly composes a haiku of the weasel encounter while waiting for the rest of the group to assemble

A rabid weasel attack'd
    Furius fought back
    His mighty sap brings justice

Furius nodded contentedly

29. - Top - End - #209

Wtf happened, why can't i see my player, i don't intend to have to reroll those again, did anyone have the brilliant idea to save everyones?

30. - Top - End - #210

((OOC: Campaign Blog's server is down at the moment, I expect this is only temporary, and if I remember correctly it has happened in the past. All we can do right now is wait until it comes back online.))