New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Lost Mine of Phandelver (IC)

Spoiler: Cemendur's observations
    Show
    As you examine the dead horses from your vantage point you are almost certain that these are the horses that Gundren and Sildar rode off on a few days prior. You see multiple arrows in the horses. Judging from the number of flies present they have been dead for about a day.
    Last edited by Arjen the Red; 2014-08-03 at 12:46 PM.
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

2. - Top - End - #32

ElfWarriorGuy

Cemendur

After a quick look, Cemendur's posture loosens up a little as he stands up more, looking back at the others to check their positions and nodding, then going on ahead to the horses still with cautious steps. He takes a suspicious look around at the woods as he endures the stench to quickly examine the horses further for any items left behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[6]
    Hofkah, the Earth Worker (Dragonborn Druid 1)
    Ffermwyr, the White Lion (High Elf Ranger 3)

3. - Top - End - #33

OldWizardGuy

Your suspicions are confirmed: these are the horses of Gundren and Sildar. Each horse was brought down with a flurry of arrows; 10-12 each, strewn across their neck and shoulder regions. The saddle bags of both horses have been ripped open and emptied. Nothing of any value remains. You then notice sounds and movement in the woods from both sides of the road.
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

4. - Top - End - #34

ElfWarriorGuy

Cemendur

The elf is suddenly startled, looking and both sides of the woods and waving his hand back at the caravan shouting "Arm yourselves!", taking one step back from the horses and donning his shield, unsheathing his sword with a sharp hiss as it gleams in the sunlight as he shouts looking at his sides with some anger in his voice "Show yourself, scum!"

5. - Top - End - #35

OldWizardGuy

The forest continues to rustle with the sound of approaching footsteps. Moments later you learn of the source of the sounds: a quartet of snarling, vile goblins emerges, two from each side. They're weapons are drawn and they descend upon Cemendur as if they had known he would be right there. This is clearly an ambush.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Please roll initiative.
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

6. - Top - End - #36

ElfWarriorGuy

Cemendur

Cemendur's violet cape swirls as he repositions himself to face the goblins ahead, gritting his teeth in determination and raising his shield against the incoming enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[4]

Two natural 1s in a row, reeeeally good... u.u
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 2014-08-06 at 01:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Aelar Siannodel

The Wood Elf rogue heard the noises too and he quickly reached for an arrow from his quiver, his fine senses tingling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[16]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Omar tries to keep himself hidden off in the hedge, and clutches his wand in a sweaty palm, not breathing.

Show
    (1d20+2)[4]

@Arjen - Am I hidden?

9. - Top - End - #39

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler: Rolling Intiative for Ander and Allain
    Show
    Ander: (1d20-1)[7]
    Allain: (1d20+3)[5]
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

10. - Top - End - #40

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Omar tries to keep himself hidden off in the hedge, and clutches his wand in a sweaty palm, not breathing.

Show
    [roll0]

@Arjen - Am I hidden?
    Show
    Yes, you are hidden. The goblins in their haste to rush to the horses do not see you in the woods at your distance.
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

11. - Top - End - #41

OldWizardGuy

Four vile and foul goblins descend down from the edges of the woods, weapons drawn. "Mirdautas vras!" one of them yells, as they prepare to attack.

Spoiler: OOC For those who speak Orcish.
    Show
    It is a good day to kill!
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

12. - Top - End - #42

Traveling the Neverwinter Woods, making his way North to his circle's home, Ander was diverted by a talk with a wounded wolf. Goblins were about, and they were hurting the forest's sons and daughters. The wolf's pack had been slain or taken by them. The wolf tried to fight, but their alpha had been too fearsome and the wolf was driven away.

He listened, and the forest told him the way. He would show the goblins that the forest was not helpless. That it was not theirs to take from.

As he approached an old trail, he saw that someone else had found the goblins first. He debated with himself, and made his decision. They were strangers, but the enemy of his enemy was his friend. If this proved true only until the goblins were dead, the forest would hide him from them. The forest provided for its own.

He stepped out of the woods and onto the trail, loosing his sling and loading it all on one motion. He whirled it over his head until it whistled with lethal potential, and as he came to a stop he let fly, the projectile buzzing towards the goblins
    My apologies to any of the players in the 4th edition DnD games I was running. I know I vanished abruptly, you guys didn't deserve that.

13. - Top - End - #43

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Albub View Post
    Traveling the Neverwinter Woods, making his way North to his circle's home, Ander was diverted by a talk with a wounded wolf. Goblins were about, and they were hurting the forest's sons and daughters. The wolf's pack had been slain or taken by them. The wolf tried to fight, but their alpha had been too fearsome and the wolf was driven away.

He listened, and the forest told him the way. He would show the goblins that the forest was not helpless. That it was not theirs to take from.

As he approached an old trail, he saw that someone else had found the goblins first. He debated with himself, and made his decision. They were strangers, but the enemy of his enemy was his friend. If this proved true only until the goblins were dead, the forest would hide him from them. The forest provided for its own.

He stepped out of the woods and onto the trail, loosing his sling and loading it all on one motion. He whirled it over his head until it whistled with lethal potential, and as he came to a stop he let fly, the projectile buzzing towards the goblins
    Show
    I placed you randomly on the map. Change your position if you'd like and then go ahead and make your attack roll and damage as I have you first in INIT order.
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

14. - Top - End - #44

OldWizardGuy

Ander's move:

Spoiler: Ander's turn
    Show
    Move to N14, attack G1 with sling [roll0] damage [roll1]
    [/QUOTE]
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

15. - Top - End - #45

OldWizardGuy

The Goblin looked up just in time from his charge to see the dart flying towards him. He lifted his shield up to his face as the dart lodged into the wood slowing his momentum just a bit. The charge continued.

The first goblin leapt over the head of the dead horse and slashed his scimitar across at Cemedur's chest.

Spoiler: Cemendur OOC
    Show
    1 damage

The second goblin, clearly angered by the dart in his shield, made a rushing attack at Ander. In his rage though, the goblin slipped ever so slightly and the blow missed wide.

From the back, the remaining two goblins had drawn their bows and loosed a pair of arrows. One hit its mark: right in the hindquarters of one of the dead horses. The other glanced off of Cemendur's left side.

Spoiler: Cemendur OOC
    Show
    1 damage. Your turn to retaliate!
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet