New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 9: What a crazy, random happenstance!

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Palace of Orochi]

Helen nods and says, "Alright...I understand, I think. What does this have to do with Shadow Magic? Beyond just the fundamentals?"
    Orochi smiles

Shadow is a primary elemental force: the pure mixture of Negative Energy and Order, ignoring the other four. The Singularity that is you right now has chosen to have an affinity for the energies of that force, and so you can most easily affect Negative Energy and Order. But that should not be taken to mean that you cannot affect the others. As you learn to master your natural ability, you must keep in mind those parts of reality that are not natural to you so that you can be as effective as you can possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Vulpine Outpost

Caravan is doing something inside her helmet...

"Look, I'll punch the logistics in the face later. This is more than a scuffle, more than a quick thing, at this rate we may get into ANOTHER holy war. Put them on alert! And get to the Nexus! I'm an economics genius, not a tactical one! THAT'S WHY I PAY YOU. VERISE I'M GOING TO MICROMANAGE MORE IT'S HOW I DEAL WITH EXTREME SHORT TERM STRESS! My sources imply various methods of mental manipulation, including possible total mind control from witnessing the beat or somesuch other nonsense. Plan for that."
    Verise smirks

Attacking an outpost of the Vulpine Empire through the shadows is on the "Dumb Ways to Die" list, Caravan.

She turns to her staff

How long until the Spike is ready?

Ninety seconds, ma'am

Verise nods and turns back to Caravan

I've got to get changed - can't be fighting in a dress uniform. It'll be ugly, but don't worry too much, we're about to even the odds rather considerably. Oh, um... Your shadow friend should find somewhere safe for a material plane being - incorporeal status is about to be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    [La Fontaine]

'Looks like they're starting soon.' Urias smiles and clasps his hands together in anticipation.

He's pretty glad they have seats - wouldn't like to be crushed up against the front barrier with everyone else.
    Katrina nods and grins

And then they begin: http://youtu.be/ORAc_hx33-Q
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-09-25 at 08:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vulpine Outpost

Carvan nods, and remembers to only talk into her helmet this time.

In the shadow realm, Ebony moves away from the base, scaling the nearby cliffs efficiently. Once a fair distance away, she slips into the material realm and waits.

Limestone Town

...yeah, I'm hungry, Kellia admits. I'd appreciate something to eat while my friend and I talk this out.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Granite City]

Aaaand that's all the abuse the glamor on Zebes and Jace can take before it evaporates. The Pokemon-based veil over their memories lift and suddenly they will very likely remember the exact nature of what must have happened to them.

Well neat!

They lasted a little longer than the Kells, at the very least.

Fortuna still thinks she has always been a Mew. And Henry no doubt still thinks he has always been a Magikarp. Not that he would have very many memories as a goldfish to begin with. He's probably better off like this, anyway.

Wow.

That must have been a crazy-powerful chaos magic result, huh?

[Limestone Town]

"Well then, you two wait right here and I'll fetch some Pokemon food for you," the librarian replies.

Oh boy!

Pokemon food!

Won't eating Pokemon food be an experience?

[Aluminum Route]

With a pop of displaced air Fortuna appears in a grove of apricot trees! Apricots are pretty darn delicious and pretty much just the perfect size for Pokemon like she and her friends to snack on. She begins plucking fruit with her lil' paws and storing them in her inventory. <May as well grab a bunch while I'm here. Who knows when we'll bump into more fruit trees?> she mutters to herself.

There are always berries, of course. But trainers seem to like harvesting berries for use in battle. Apricots, on the other paw, are just a sweet treat without any combat-useful side effects.

So busy is she that she hardly even notices that she has disturbed a troop of Aipom until the monkey Pokemon bum-rush her!

"Meeeew!" Fortuna cries with an inarticulate squeal of surprise as six filthy apes begin grabbing her from all sides!

<Ooh! Who's this?>
    <Never seen pokemon like this.>
    <Let's take her to boss!>
    <Oh! Oh! Good idea!>
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Zebes begins rubbing his belly self-consciously with both claws.
    <Oh gosh I'm fat. I was okay with being bigger than you but I'm not sure this is okay.>
    <Oh shush, you're round and huggable. We have bigger problems. We have to convince Fortuna somehow. I hope she can manage some control; if she changes us all back at once she'll probably wipe Henry's brain. And I don't know if I can cast at all like this and in this world.>

Terribly sorry About that, Professor. Personal matters. Uhm, what were you saying?
    Experimentally, Jace snaps his fingers in the way that normally summons a small light.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

I'm a personshape pokemon! It's easier for me to eat people food...

"<I'm happy I'm not hungry. Pretty sure I filter stuff from the air. Pfft, maybe I'm a phototroph.>"

But the pair wait.

6. - Top - End - #1146

[Granite City]

Jace uses FLASH!

Except it is a really lousy Flash that doesn't really light anything up. Just kinda glows a little. It's pretty!

Anywho, the Professor knits her brow a bit. "I see... Well! I think now would be as good a time as any to take the Zapdos to the lab and find out what we can learn!"

It will mostly be cognitive tests. Everyone likes cognitive tests, right? Once in the lab, Professor Iris will release the Zapdos into an examination enclosure! It's meant for larger Pokemon, so it shouldn't seem cramped at all. "Would you please tell him that we're going to run some harmless tests and then release him? And feel free to inform him that the band we give him will prevent him from being caught again."

Voltaire might like to know that!

[Aluminum Route]

<Let go of me!> Fortuna demands of the apes. <I'm warning you, I'm really strong! If you don't let me go I'll fight back!>

<Pink pokemon talky too much,> one of the Aipom replies.
    <Taking her to boss.>
    <Ooh! Boss smart!>
    <Boss know what to do.>

<I just wanted to collect some apricots, I wasn't hurting anyone!> Fortuna objects as she wriggles against their grip.

<Those boss' apricots!>
    <Only boss decides who eats!>

The Mew gives a huff. She'll play along for now, if only because she would really rather not waste the stamina needed to whomp the swarm of apes. They carry her along through the apricot grove toward... a farm house? Uh oh. Fortuna quickly Transforms back into a human, her sudden change in weight causes the apes to drop her roughly to the ground. Most of them begin screeching at her while the last goes running off toward the farm house.

[Limestone Town]

Shortly the librarian returns with a bowl of Pokemon food!

It looks suspiciously like kibble.

"There you go! If you're still planning on hitting the road you really need something to eat first."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

I... don't think I'll be able to eat that. I have near-human taste buds, I'm not that hungry.

"<Maybe we should stay at the Pokemon Center.>"

That is a really good point! If we are going to stay in town, we should likely start from the Pokemon Center. We really appreciate it, but the Pokemon Center will have better facilities for this all-around.

"<Of course, that girl might be there...>"

"<Think of an apology for me to say if she is!>"

Kellia takes a deep breath. Really, we appreciate it, but... hey, can you give me the number you found? I'd still be able to talk with her over text mediums from public vidphones.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Mwahahaha....MWAHAHAHAHA
    UNLIMITED POWEEERRRR
    But no really, Jace wonders if a Baleful Polymorph turns people into pokemon instead of animals here. Oh, the one time that horrible spell would have delivered some poetic justice! A shame he doesn't know it.

Voltaire is released, and he mostly spends his time looking about the enclosure, trying to figure out where the dragon has taken him this time and how he plans on degrading him.
    <Hello, M'lord. Feeling alright?> <What would you have me do now, sir?> he responds blithely.
    <This human woman wants to learn some things about you. When she's done if she likes her data you're free to go.>
    <...you jest.>
    <Nope! Have I ever actually asked you to do anything? I have no reason to keep you. Once the Professor gets what she needs she'll release you. Along with a band that will block trainers from ever catching you again.>
    Zebes walks away, the Zapdos sputtering.

I don't think he'll be any trouble. sends Jace.
    In fact, Voltaire is downright cooperative after the conversation!

9. - Top - End - #1149

[Granite City]

Maybe not unlimited power.

Spells that don't have a rough analog with a move Victini could reasonably learn will probably just fail. But that will still help out quite a bit!

Anywho!

The scientists will begin doing cognitive tests on the Zapdos. Mostly mechanical puzzles of various kinds, the sort you might have crows do. Just scaled up for a giant bird.

Also?

"I nearly forgot in all the excitement," Professor Iris says as she uses the banding device to try putting a band on Jace and Zebes. "This should keep you two safe from capture."

Once that's done? Well... They're basically free to do whatever they like.

[Limestone Town]

The librarian frowns a bit at Kell's reaction to the top of the line Pokemon food. "Come on, don't be like that. I'm sure it's really tasty! And I know I hread your stomach rumbling earlier."

At the mention of the Pokecenter she gives a little sigh. "That would probably be for the best. I can't walk you over there, though. You'll have to go on your own."

Which...

Probably shouldn't be a problem, right?

[Aluminum Route]

The Aipom shortly returns with a farmer looking guy who appears to be rather irritated! "You durn pokemon trainin' kids! Always thinkin' you can just steal my apricot crop! You better be able to pay for whatever you took!"

"I'm really sorry," Fortuna replies. "I didn't realize they belonged to someone. I've got... umm..." she pulls an old Equestrian Bit out of her inventory and offers it to the fellow. For whatever weird reason it has been turned into a gold Nugget by the transition to the Pokemon world. "I've got this, I'm sure this should pay for plenty of apricots."

The farmer just stares at the nugget for a few moments before laughing. "Well, shoot, kiddo! Take as many apricots as you like! I'll even have my Aipoms help you pick them!"

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

Just give us basic directions and we should be able to find it easily enough!

"<And be sure to get her number.>"

And we really do need that number.

11. - Top - End - #1151

[Limestone Town]

Directions and numbers are given!

And PokeKibble rejected.

Poor Phillis, she thought she was helping...

On the way to the Pokecenter our heroes might notice a shady looking guy selling stuff to young Pokemon trainers. A shady looking guy wearing a black helmet that is really familiar. Hmm...

[Aluminum Route]

Fortuna collects apricots! Aipoms help her collect apricots! And the elderly farmer complains about all the new fangled nonsense that kids these days use for pokemon training at what is was like when HE was a kid back in the good old days! Though eventually he says something that catches her attention. "And he just wouldn't put that rock down! It was the strangest thing. Got all angry and violent and wouldn't stop fighting all the time!"

Fortuna freezes in the middle of grabbing another apricot. "What exactly was causing this? To who?"

"I told you already! Durn kids never listening these days unless they're texting their tweets! It was my Ambipom that dun found this weird black rock that made him all dark and gloomy. Wouldn't listen to me afterward! Wouldn't stop beating up my other pokemon, either!"

That... sounds familiar. And bad. Team Helmet must be around somewhere...

"Sir? After I get this food back to my friends, I would love to help you find your Ambipom and cure him of his affliction. It sounds awful what's happened to him," she offers.

"Well shucks! That sounds great, kiddo. But be careful, my Ambipom is a pretty tough pokemon. And that spooky rock made him even tougher."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

"<Hey, that's->"

"<Keep walking.>"

"<But he->"

"<We'll tell the police. Besides, if he isn't doing anything technically illegal, we can't touch him.>"

"<Bah.>"

They continue to the Pokemon center.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-09-25 at 10:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Voltaire should do reasonably well on those tests. He has about average human intelligence, but he's reasonably old. Moreover, knowing that satisfying the woman is his ticket to freedom means he's trying very hard. It's probably rather funny to anyone that's talked to him.

Jace will happily take the bands and apply them, but he is a bit concerned for Professor Iris. Really, she's testing the bird for cognitive tests instead of anything to test the two that just told her that they can read and write? That doesn't seem impressive at all?

Still, Jace and Zebes will probably look around for anything to do before heading out. It's only been a little bit since they left, but Jace is expecting Zebes to get hungry again any minute with that big appetite of his that he remembers remembering him having despite the veil's memories being gone. But for now, they look for trouble.

14. - Top - End - #1154

[Granite City]

Pfft. Prof Iris has tested plenty of pokemon that can talk. Most people don't depute that those ones are bright. But non-talking pokemon? Gotta test 'em all! And she's never gotten to test a Zapdos before! The testing will take a while. Probably up to several days at least. So Voltaire isn't going anywhere for a while.

Anywho!

Out to the city!

Now that Zebes isn't wearing his clever disguise anymore, quite a few people are giving them attention. Especially because of a certain legendary. If Jace were the sort to bask in attention, he would be loving it right now! Oodles of people are taking pictures of him, and more than a few will walk up and offer a hand to see if Jace will allow petting. Not even the huge (and dopy/adorable) Dragonite isn't discouraging them!

All the positive attention aside, it probably wouldn't be hard to find a shop selling food. Or they could always go to a pokecenter? The services there are free!

[Limestone Town]

That's right you pokemon.

Just keep walking...

The pokemon center is bustling with activity! There are people getting pokemon healed, people getting pokemon fed, people snoozing on the couch/beds with their pokemon, people arranging battles to hold up on the battling floor, all sorts of cool stuff!

There isn't a Nurse Joy here, though.

Oh no!

Instead there's an absolutely HUGE and absurdly MUSCLED fellow with a immaculate blond mustache and a little curl of hair on his otherwise bald head. It sounds like he's saying something encouraging to that trainer and then suddenly he flexes and his shirt EXPLODES, exposing his immaculately chiseled torso for all the center to see! This is shortly followed by a bellowing proclamation of, "FOR GENERATIONS!"

Well.

This is interesting.

[Aluminum Route]

CRACK!

Suddenly there's a Mew in a little grove of trees along with a Magikarp and a Trapinch! The later is biting the former.

Of course.

<Oh, hey Forte! Glad you got back! Bitey here is getting pretty hungry!> Henry says.

<You named him?> Fortuna replies as she begins unloading her apricot stockpile. Bitey begins to devour them nearly as quickly as the Mew can put them down. <We're not even sure if he's going to stay with us.>

<Aaww, don't be like that, Forte! He's a pretty cool little guy, if you can get over the love-bites,> Henry laughs.

The fish's laughter is contagious. <Well, if you say so. Listen. After we're done eating there's a Ambipom we're going to help. It sounds like those Team Helmet people might be involved.>

<What about Kellform and Kellia?> Henry asks as he wraps a whisker around a bit of fruit and shoves it in his mouth. <Aren't we going to go meet them?>

<Yeah, but this is on our way. A side quest along the main quest line!> Fortuna replies with a laugh. <And who passes up side-quests? If Trapinch is going to travel with us, he'll need the experience. And since we'll be out of sight you and I can double-battle like we normally do.>

<Sweet! We fight as one!>

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

The pair gawk.

Not at the fact that they were expecting a nurse Joy, but at the fact that they recognize the nurse.

Look, when Kell was a teen the first time around, she would hang out with some Pokemon friends as an excuse to be in the same room as the Nexus' Nurse Armstrong. And then she grew up, of course. This is just kind of a blast from the past for the two of them.

"<Well, if it turns out that man is up to no good, we know who to tell...>"

"<Let's just get on with it.>"

The will wait until there isn't a line at the counter, and then approach the nurse casually.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Whether or not Jace normally would bask in attention is a difficult question. It usually depends on the exact circumstances. Like, under normal circumstances if he were to somehow gather attention from a number of attractive young girls he'd feel awkward because he's dating Veronica, but if it was a bunch of non-romantic admirers, maybe?
    Sadly, as Victini, he absolutely eats it up. Sure, he knows that he's human, but it's not like that made him stop the Kells or Fortuna the first time. So he'll probably get very easily sidetracked. Not enough to get really distracted mind you, he's still on the ball enough to notice things that are SUSPICIOUS but he won't stop that many people from spending their time and attention on him. Especially kids who are at least of "responsible with animals" age. Can't say no to making kids' days. Zebes will also take what he can get, because he can't resist sharing all the good feelings, but he's likely going to get snubbed in favor of his master. That's alright, it's how a familiar is supposed to be...

Eventually their stomachs will rumble, though, and they'll accept that they need to find something.
    They'll also accept that they have no money, and they don't feel comfortable offering work to someone when they agreed to help the Professor, so unless someone hears the loud rumble of Zebes' copious belly and offers hand-outs, they'll likely have to go find a Center...

17. - Top - End - #1157

[Limestone Town]

Two pokemon approach the counter, though this leaves them out of Nurse Armstrong's field of view. He is, after all, a very tall and very manly man. They're going to have to do something to get his attention. Hopefully it doesn't end up being something embarrassing. And something before the next young trainer comes to get their pokemon looked after and begins swooning over the mysteriously sparkly and masterfully beefy nurse.

[Granite Town]

Hopefully Jace does the little victory pose for all the pictures. People will probably love that.

And then to the pokemon center! The pokemon center is bustling with activity! There are people getting pokemon healed, people getting pokemon fed, people snoozing on the couch/beds with their pokemon, people arranging battles to hold up on the battling floor, all sorts of cool stuff!

There isn't a Nurse Joy here, though.

Oh no!

Instead there's an absolutely HUGE and absurdly MUSCLED fellow with a immaculate blond mustache and a little curl of hair on his otherwise bald head. It sounds like he's saying something encouraging to that trainer and then suddenly he flexes and his shirt EXPLODES, exposing his immaculately chiseled torso for all the center to see! This is shortly followed by a bellowing proclamation of, "FOR GENERATIONS!"

That should sound pretty familiar, since every single pokemon center has the same layout for whatever weird reason. Though... one thing that isn't normal is that shady looking guy in the trench coat with the Dark Helmet on his head. Totally suspicious! Right now he's just chilling near one of the PCs and trying to look casual despite the fact that he's wearing a huge, dorky helmet.

[Aluminum Route]

*CRACK!*

*CRACK!*

*CRACK!*

The nice thing about teleporting is that is simply requires a clear mental picture of the destination to use. And being able to see a location, even one that's pretty far away, certainly counts as a clear mental picture. Which means that chaining teleportations together can bridge a pretty significant distance in a pretty short amount of time. Which is what Fortuna is doing right now.

The first jump took she and her friends to the apricot orchard.

The second took them to a wide grassy plain and startled a Girafarig that was otherwise minding their own business.

The third jump took them to the craggy foothills covered in wild cherry trees that the Ambipom had apparently fled into. Where before there was empty air now floats a Mew with a Magikarp suspended in her Psyshock field while a Trapinch waddles along behind her! <Yeah! Time for a splashtastic side quest!>

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Eh, simple design choices make it easy for people to know where to go and such.

Jace and Zebes patiently wait their turn to ask the Nurse for some food. Jace will be totally polite about it! He'll probably use his little Ghost Sound since some people don't like having Telepathy used on them.
    Zebes is giggling uncontrollably for some reason. <What's up with you?> <Oh, nothing. Just don't use Role Play on him, Boss. You probably would explode.>

More giggling ensues. Jace is confused. Both of them will keep an eye on that creepy guy, though...

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Katrina nods and grins

And then they begin: http://youtu.be/ORAc_hx33-Q
    [La Camelot]

As the music begins, Urias's pointed ears visibly twitch. His eyes motion between the various band members, his expression an odd mix of concentration and contemplation. At some point during the first two or three songs, he starts bobbing his head to the beat, his mop of white hair flicking gently back and forth.

There's a smile on his face. Looks like he's enjoying it, at least.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

Kellform floats up, and Kellia will jump up onto the counter. This counter has Pokemon on it all the time, right? Excuse me, Kellia sends him with a wave, My friend and I need a little help.

21. - Top - End - #1161

[Limestone Town]

The counter has pokemon on it all the time. And considering how often pokecenters have pokemon just wandering around inside them this shouldn't be a problem at all.

"What's this? You have require help?" Nurse Armstrong bellows. "As head nurse of Limestone Town it is my duty to help pokemon and their trainers whenever they are in distress or need!" He reaches down to pick up Kellia, then flexes one of his massive arms and sets her atop his bulging bicep. He looks upon her with his steely eyes, mustache twitching with righteous zeal for helping pokemon. "Please, my little friend, tell me how Nurse Armstrong can lend his glorious aid with the pokecenter service techniques that has been passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!"

His shirt doesn't explode this time around.

He just put on a new one, after all. The guy keeps several boxes of them under the counter.

[Granite City]

As Jace and Zebes approach the counter, Nurse Armstrong's golden mustache twitches as several pinkish purple sparkles begin shimmering around him. ...somehow. Without warning he raises a finger toward Zebes and bellows, "Hold!"

And then?

He flexes, causing his shirt to explode in a blizzard of cloth fragments.

"My friend! Join with me in the sacred greeting passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!" The sparkling intensifies. Then he strikes another pose. And then another. Geeze this guy is crazy ripped... It looks like he's trying to get Zebes to flex with him. If Zebes has ever been to any of the pokemon centers Inside, he might be aware of that Nurse Armstrong's flex-offs with larger, generally humanoid pokemon.

Several of the female trainers in the center (and a couple male ones, too) swoon at the display.

[Aluminum Route]

Fortuna hovers along with Henry in her Psyshock grasp and Bitey waddling as quickly as he can to keep up. A few wild pokemon attack them along the way and Fortuna allows Bitey to get some much needed practice chewing on them while she plays support with her defensive and clerical abilities. Though...

<These pokemon all seem scared to me, Forte,> Henry comments. <Are you noticing that, too?>

Fortuna gives a little nod. <Yeah, and most of them are recovering from injuries. We must be getting close...>

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

Well, my friend and I, Kellia gestures to Kellform, Have been separated from our trainer. She's on aluminum route, and we are here. We're trying to figure out what to do about that-

Tummy rumbles.

-and I'm hungry.

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Limestone Town]

"Lost! Hungry! I shall not abide a pokemon suffering such degradation!" Nurse Armstrong bellows as he sets Kellia back down on the counter. "Wait here, my little friend, and I will fetch for you the pokemon food I fed to my Gallade while he was still a Kirlia! It is certain to re-energize your body and rejuvenate your mind, for it is a recipe passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!"

At that he flexes, his shirt exploding in a cloud of cotton rags while an array of purplish pink sparkles begin flashing around the nurse! That done, he heads briefly into the back to fetch the pokemon food. No doubt he'll be back shortly!

Though in the mean time?

A few people are watching the pair, though eyes are mostly on Kellform.

Why?

Because Castform is not only a rare pokemon, it also isn't native to the Iwa region! The Ralts line isn't native, either. But they're common enough that plenty of trainers have traded for them.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

This castform is wearing a hat! And there are very strict rules about fighting in the Pokemon center. So, Kellform tries to act casual.

Kellia waits patiently, equal parts intrigued and scared. Hopefully it's not just homebrew kibble...

25. - Top - End - #1165

[Limestone Town]

Very strict rules!

Okay, not super strict.

The rules basically just restrict battles to designated parts of the second floor. Down on the ground floor, though? No pokemon battles! Just like there aren't any pokemon battles allowed in town, barring designated areas. So long as the Kells are in Limestone town no one can catch them without getting in trouble with Da Law! But as soon as they head out into the wild world beyond? They have only bluffs and guile to prevent someone from claiming them as their own.

Which would be pretty awful. Fortuna would have to mug some kid to get them back.

Anywho!

Armstrong shortly returns with two large plates of something that smells amazing and looks like some kind of pasta-based dish. It looks like something a human might eat as opposed to the kibble the librarian had offered. And also with Armstrong? His Gallade! Apparently the sword-elbow'd pokemon will be joining them for the meal.

"Here you are, my little friend!" Armstrong says as he sets the plate down in front of Kellia. "And my good friend Chivalry shall be joining you! He was the first pokemon I ever had, his egg given to me by my father, a tradition that has been passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!"

The Gallade gives a little bow. <Fair greetings, m'ladies.>

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Limestone Town

Kellia smiles at Armstrong. Thank you! I really appreciate it! She then sits down and speaks to the Gallade. "<Hi! Sorry, but I'm pretty hungry. Give me a minute, okay?>" Kellia asks, before going about digging in, presumably with a supplied utensil.

"<Hello,>" Kellform says to the Gallade. "<I'm Kyla, and this is Kell.>"

27. - Top - End - #1167

[Limestone Town]

It's apparently some kind of pasta and fish-based dish with just the right seasonings and sauce to make it taste absolutely amazing to the Raltz line. Suffice to say, this is a real treat for Kell!

With the pokemon taken care of, the still shirtless Nurse Armstrong moves to help the next trainer in line! The poor kid finds Armstrong's physique to be overwhelming!

<The pleasure is mine, fairest Kell and Kyla. As my master has said, I am Chivalry, his oldest and most trusted pokemon.>

Sounds like Chivalry isn't very upset about being owned by someone.

Fortuna would probably grumble if she were here.

But she isn't!

So they can enjoy some food in peace without talk of pokemon emancipation.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Granite City

Zebes stares for a second, not really sure how to respond.
    Zebes, you have to get pumped!
    [Huh?]
    You have to get energized! Ignoring your lazy nature and questionable girth and actually pretending you're fearsome and strong is a tradition passed down among dragons for GENERATIONS!
    [You're making fun of me.]
    Ignoring the question has been a tradition passed down the Vallarm family line for GENERATIONS~
    [I hate you.]

The dragonite gives a thundering harrumph! and steps forward to match the nurse in his contest!
    ...some of those moves might seem oddly familiar, no pun intended. But that's probably coincidence. It's not like Zebes has watched both versions of FMA twice. That's certainly not something that happened.

29. - Top - End - #1169

[Aluminum Route]

It is the sound of battle that catches their attention. Fortuna and her friends creep up to the edge of a rocky overlook to peer down at the scene of raging combat below. An Ambipom, no doubt the one that belonged to the Farmer Johnson, is locked in combat with a wild Rhydon! Normally the latter beast's rocky hide would make this a difficult fight for the ape, but it seems to be pummeling the heck out of the poor Rhydon! It's a flurry of fists, claws, teeth, and gouging horn attacks! Though buffed, gouged, and generally wounded something awful, the Ambipom leaps onto the back of the Rhydon, grips its head with its tail-hands, and then wrenches it to one side violently. The rocky pokemon gives a low gurgle before slumping over in a heap.

Fortuna and friends all give a scarcely audible gaps at what happens next.

White mist rises from the defeated Rhydon. It mingles with the oily aura clinging to the Ambipom and suddenly the ape's wounds are all fully healed!

Well.

That isn't spooky at all.

<That thing is really strong. And if it can get healed by beating other pokemon, we don't want any easy targets for it,>
    Fortuna whispers. <I think I should take this one on my own.>

<Oh geeze, Forte, are you sure?> Henry asks uncertainly.

<Yeah. It has to be just me and him. I think I can take him one on one, but not one on three if he keeps getting healed,> she replies as she carefully analyzes her foe. She's got a Nasty Plot in mind to take him down, that's for sure! That aura of gloom is eating at him, ever so slowly, leaving the ape in a state of perpetual pain and rage. No wonder he keeps seeking out fights, that's the only way to restore his injuries! But thankfully it seems to have dulled the Ambipom's mind as well. And that means he will fight blindly rather than recognizing that his foe has taken significant prep time.

While the ape turns his rage on a hapless Geodude he just found, Fortuna begins building concentric shells of psionic fields and barriers around herself. She's going to be going in, and going in hot.

[Granite City]

Flex!

Flex!

Flex some more!

Once the flexing is complete Nurse Armstrong fixes Zebes with a scrutinizing gaze before giving him a nod of approval and reaching out to give Zebes a STRONG! forearm shake, as is the tradition amongst the Armstrong family, a tradition passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!

"Truly you are a noble and strong pokemon!" Armstrong declares. "And as the head nurse of the Granite City pokemon center, it is my honor to serve you in whatever capacity you require! I see that you both carry the bands of Professor Iris' pokemon labs, so surely you must be upstanding and wise creatures to be allowed free movement within the city! Now, how my I show you the Armstrong family hospitality? Hospitality techniques passed down the Armstrong family line FOR GENERATIONS!"

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Orochi smiles

Shadow is a primary elemental force: the pure mixture of Negative Energy and Order, ignoring the other four. The Singularity that is you right now has chosen to have an affinity for the energies of that force, and so you can most easily affect Negative Energy and Order. But that should not be taken to mean that you cannot affect the others. As you learn to master your natural ability, you must keep in mind those parts of reality that are not natural to you so that you can be as effective as you can possibly be.
    Helen nods and says, "Alright...I think I understand. So...By mastering my innate magical skills, I'll be able to use other magic more easily?"