New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 9: What a crazy, random happenstance!

Grief

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Spoiler: Old Posts
    Show

Grief

The Jackals have dwindled down to just one, and even as Wes watches, the larger beast simply flickers through the beam of light and it doesn't even make a sound before leaving the twisted broken corpse behind. A moment later and the large beast runs towards Wes, the bright white jaws the only part not shrouded within darkness, but before it can hit him, it leaps over the young man.

Not only does it leap over the man, but the great leap carries it over the other two and the entire gap to land heavily on the opposite side, between them and the bundle laying on the ground. It sits down on it's haunches and lifts a massive paw, holding it over the end of the bridge. Now that it is sitting down and holding still, the group will see that it is vaguely canine in shape even if it is the size of a large bear, and the sharp fangs are locked in a grin, the only thing that's visibly besides blackness. The paw is obviously meant as a threat by the way it is being held over the far end of the bridge even though it seems unlikely that it would have the strength to destroy the stone that holds it in place. what are the living and unliving doing in my domain? It asks, it's voice rumbling through the air with enough pressure to thump against the party's chests. Even though it speaks, the jaws don't move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Grief

If questioned, The Mother would of course protest that the threat was behind them, and Needs, as a cat, should take the lead while she covered their rear. Of course, now she's being questioned by someone else and about something else, and it is managing to be quite threatening right in front of them.

She steps ahead of the cat and boy, stopping firmly on the near end of the bridge as her body bulges beneath the quilted rags ominously, "To seek, to find, to reunite a parent with their child and share mourning among family. Mourning in loneliness is the greatest tragedy."

"We're here for Kirby." Wes says, in case the beast needs a translation from The Mother speak. His voice isn't loud, but carries well. Theatre training.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

The butler arrives once more, interrupting the friendly chatter

It is time, the guests are at the front gate. Please take your places in the great hall.

Orochi and Chiyoko lead the way, followed by the six sisters, with Helen and Frederick bringing up the rear.

The great hall certainly lives up to it's name: a soaring affair well over a hundred feet wide, twice that long, and easily seventy five feet tall. Frederick blinks and looks at Helen with a shrug, but the mystery doesn't take long to be resolved as Orochi takes up his spot on an enormous round dais at the end of the hall and swells to equally enormous proportions: eight heads sprouting from his massive black body and gigantic tail curling around upon which Chiyoko smilingly takes a seat.

Frederick's eyes bug out

Woah...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-10-14 at 12:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grief

"Bigger dog," Needs remarks, observing the creature fearfully from behind Wes's ankles. Oh god it's so huge and so scary and so black and awful and monstrous. They should just go home and forget about this quest; the continued existence of the world wasn't that important anyways, right? Hahahahahaha oh lord this is an absolute nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Helen smiles and laughs just a little at Frederick's reaction before saying, "What? He is Orochi, after all. Did you never read the stories?"

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

At the other end of the hallway, a herald leads in a group of people who look basically human. They are all dressed in similar fashion to the Mae family - the women in gowns, men in suits. This was apparently coordinated carefully and specifically to not call back to the "bad old days".

Orochi's Herald steps forward

Honoured guests! I present to you his highness Lord Orochi, King of Shadows. His consort Chiyoko no Mae, Princess of Zangjaje. His daughters: The Holy Tamamo, Goddess of the Shadow Foxes, Princess Noriko no Mae, Princess Hoshiko no Mae, Princess Keiko no Mae, Princess Tsukiko no Mae, Princess Yumiko no Mae, Princess Helen Avery no Mae and her consort Lord Frederick Elteron NorZilliar, Comte du Midvale.

Frederick whispers

Told you! But that's Mom's title, not mine! Hey... wait! Isn't that...

Tsukiko glares at Frederick

SHUSH!

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Helen swallows as she's announced as a princess, and turns to answer Frederick, but when he's admonished by Tsukiko, she swallows nervously again and says nothing.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

The guests' herald steps forward

Most gracious hosts! I present to you his August Holiness Izanagi, Lord of Heaven, Holy Inari, Goddess of Rice and Foxes, His Esteemed Holiness Xian, Minister of State of the Celestial Bureaucracy, and his Divine Excellency, Prince Susa-no-o.

Orochi's voice rumbles like distant thunder

For too long have our houses been in conflict, our children learning pointless hate, our true opponents mocking us. Let us now put those unhappy times behind us and look to a brighter future.

Izanagi steps forward

Crimes long since atoned for and offenses long since forgotten have kept us apart needlessly. I have brought with me those people most directly involved from our end, all in agreement that it is time to move on. Let them now speak.

Please do so.

Inari steps forward

As for my part, I have long since reconciled with the Mae family. I renew my covenant of friendship with my friend and assistant Tamamo and affirm her place and the place of her followers in my overall organization.

She steps back and Tamamo bows

Thank you, my lady.

The Minister of State steps forward

Let all here know that the Emperor deplores and condemns the actions of his former lieutenant, one time the God of Fire and Thunder, and accepts responsibility for the nullification of the former treaty. As such, he acknowledges the full and unconditional pardon of Lord Orochi and Lady Chiyoko for their parts in the rebellion on the world of Erda without any assignment of guilt for such as required by the treaty, and disclaims all future rights to pursue action against them or their descendants with regards to that incident and related following matters.

He returns and Orochi's eight heads nod in acceptance. Finally, Susa-no-o steps forward. Noriko is visibly trembling.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-10-14 at 02:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Helen sits quietly, feeling rather tiny in the presence of so many gods and goddesses, and says nothing, merely watching the diplomacy.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

The prince is tall and muscular, handsomely proportioned, and confident. His sleek, black hair is pulled into a proper knot stuck through with a jade pin, and his dark eyes scan the assembled people. He bows formally to Orochi, then begins...

It has been a long time since our duels... we both made mistakes, we both upset a lot of people, we both have learned a lot since then. I stole your sword and gave it to Ameterasu. You were a beast and I fought dishonorably... neither of us has much claim on proper behavior from back then. I am here to request and end to the fighting and offer a treaty of friendship.

I have reviewed and accept your agreement in front of these witnesses.

Susa-no-o nods. Noriko is watching him very carefully.

Thank you, Lord Orochi. And about the other thing... ?

Orochi nods

You have my blessing

The prince swallows and turns to Noriko, who is now outright fidgeting.

So... um... hi, Princess Noriko... um... would you agree to be my wife?

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Helen smiles and watches Noriko fidget, hoping that she makes the right choice...Or at least, one she's happy with.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground