New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Prediction thread: High Priest of Hel and his rise in crimes.

So I know this story tells itself as it goes, but recently I've had this thought of what HPoH could do that Durkon couldn't. Where Durkon is not the most open minded, Durkula seems like he's more flexible in what he'll do (mainly because he's evil but perspective alone doesn't make the man). It is this flexibility in fact, that could serve as the foil between him and Roy, provided he doesn't go too far that he pulls the proverbial wool AWAY from Roy's eyes.

So, I figured instead of focusing on the nigh-inevitable things we do know what will happen like prophecies and fates, why not think of what he's capable of and what he could do that wouldn't be done if he were the non-proactive pious Durkon. Say what you will about the two-faced vampire, but he seems like he'll be more active in making things roll forward even if he's doing it for another cause.

For starters, let's take the upcoming Tinker town. Assuming he doesn't scare the whole lot of them with his deathly visage alone, he'd be able to use a few of his new features to quicken the trip. Dominating any weak willed workers to work faster and/or for free, threaten/blackmail shopkeepers who won't budge in bartering (NOT LIKELY since Haley is highly capable and would be the party shopper anyways), and using the Durkon veil to visit any local monasteries for seeking any capable clerics for a resurrection, but instead running off to do something more in line with his own goals. And possibly getting some illusion work done to make himself look like the old Durkon while feeding on someone else behind their backs (it won't fool everyone, but it'll still serve it's purpose).

But alas, I also realize that we can't really do too much with this thread until we get more material to work with. But predicting is always fun, if a bit farfetched from where we go with it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Prediction thread: High Priest of Hel and his rise in crimes.

Interesting ideas. I guess we'll see how things go when we get to Tinkertown.

Peelee’s Lotsey

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

In Tinker Town, the High Priest of Hel will tinker with the Order's plans.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    In Tinker Town, the High Priest of Hel will tinker with the Order's plans.
    And troll Belkar again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    And troll Belkar again.
    Yep, he will certainly tinker with the limits of Belkar's temper!