New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sorceror / Rogue Build?

And I write my sheets down manually, because the one time I use mindweavers the whole sheet got wiped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Melee basic attacks are always based on Strength, not Dexterity
    ...sleep is an inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Not that I WANT to MBA anyway. That's what the Defenders and Barbarian are for. Hmpf.

I haven't had a problem with the CharBuilder, except perhaps the Currency tab. (I don't want it in AD PP GP SP and CP...I want just straight GP....and leave it that way). The Equipment Finder does take a little bit of figuring out but it's not hard. And, with my group, it's been helpful for finding out "You can't take Feat A" (although we have to figure out which prereq he's missing) or adding up the bonuses for things like "plate armor of level 10 isn't +8, it's +10" and "you also have a racial bonus to Initiative that you forgot".
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Had my first outing with the sorcerer tonight. "Stand behind a tree, cast Lightning repeatedly, make note to teach party to herd mobs into a Burst 1 clump."

Paragon Path: Lightning Fury looks attractive.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Had my first outing with the sorcerer tonight. "Stand behind a tree, cast Lightning repeatedly, make note to teach party to herd mobs into a Burst 1 clump."
    Yes. The party working together can make a huge difference. So how'd it work out overall?
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Yes. The party working together can make a huge difference. So how'd it work out overall?
    Our party really needs someone to give tactical guidance--which is why I built a smart character and gave my former character, an INT7 barbarian, to someone else. Although to be fair, three will-o-wisps kept dazing and luring pretty much everyone else, so we wouldn't have had a finely tuned response in the best of times.

I stayed back and spammed Lightning Strike--mostly hammering the brutes, and letting the auto-damage secondary do in the will o wisps. Never got attacked. I'm liking Range 10. I also liked not having to get back to 2 squares away for a charge, and not having to count out how many squares of difficult terrain I could get through while still being a valid Charge route. "Oh, you're ten squares away? That's all I needed. ZAP."
    Last edited by Laserlight; 2014-07-30 at 10:11 PM.