New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,025 of 1025
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Souls III: Witty Title Pending

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    So, a friend of mine and I played through the new DS 3 DLC.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else feel like it was short? Because we completed it twice technically with our playthroughs, and it still felt short to the both of us.

Personally, I think it's to represent the tightly confined space of the painting, but it still felt really short.

Also, HOLY SH!T LORE BATMAN
    DLC is short because it is half campaign stuff and half multiplayer focused. So, if you're not gonna use the new multiplayer arena it's probably gonna be a disappointing DLC.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    DLC is short because it is half campaign stuff and half multiplayer focused. So, if you're not gonna use the new multiplayer arena it's probably gonna be a disappointing DLC.
    At least there might be some chance of getting through Anor Londo without getting repeatedly invaded now.

As someone primarily interested in the single-player, I was definitely a bit disappointed by the DLC. There were only a couple of new interesting enemies, and only two bosses compared to the Old Hunters DLC which brought 5. The new gear was also mostly unimpressive, with one notable exception:

Spoiler
    Show
    The claw/rapier combo, which looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play around with. I was sadly on a strength build so I couldn't use it.

The actual level itself was well designed, though I do wish that they had more direct references to the original Painted World in there.

How expansive is the Hollow Arena? I got the impression from looking at it that it was a single map with a handful of different matchup choices. Other than pure PvP there didn't seem to be any greater structure than that.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Something amusing about the DLC that came out in a conversation with my brother: We've now got a whip that can cast miracles, a sword that can throw knives, and a miracle that acts like a boomerang... Why do I now want to name the Ashen One "Belmont"?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Something amusing about the DLC that came out in a conversation with my brother: We've now got a whip that can cast miracles, a sword that can throw knives, and a miracle that acts like a boomerang... Why do I now want to name the Ashen One "Belmont"?
    Maybe they do a crossover DLC that ties Dark Souls lore into Bloodborne :)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Just noticed a fun little detail: Oden and Kos are the names of two gods from Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar stories.
    Probably no coincidence.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying