New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: Let the Boogeyman Stay in Dreams IC

Grace takes in the scene, doing her best to appear calm even though inside she was on the verge of panic. This was far beyond anything she had ever dealt with before, and a far cry from a bunch of crazy cultist operating out of a Chuck E. Cheese.

She follows the action, leaping from the roof top and crawling along buildings until she is close enough to observe the entire situation without getting caught in the debris cloud. It seemed like everyone had their own plan, and she wasn't sure where she would be the most help. Taking a deep breath she does the only thing she can think of.

Crouched on the side of a building, she raises her arms and feels the tingling of electricity flowing along her muscles. Sparks flicker at her fingertips, and she reels and snaps one hand forward as if cracking a whips. From her outstretched hand a crackling bolt of electricity erupts, arching and dancing through the air toward its target.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    I hope I'm rolling this right:
    (1d20+12)[22]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

The cloud of debris seems to growl as Dead Wire's electricity strikes it. Thaumaturge emerges from the streets just in time to watch the lightning arc into the not-Citadel-Dweller. Her face (on seeing Dead Wire as the source) displays as much shock as the attack.

"Okay, what the **** kind of revenant are YOU, girlie?" she manages to get out before the debris cloud roars:

"Die Thule werden die Mischlingsnationen zu fall zu bringen!!!!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Feeling somewhat purposeless in this fight, Kait re-ran the last few minutes of conversation between the team mates in her head. Something had been said that had bothered her, though with the chaos that was going on at the time it wasn't high on her priorities back then. As a block of masonry passed through her, she mentally added Not that it's exactly peaceful right now...

With a sudden snap of clarity, she turned to Mr. Goo, "Did you say there was someone bonded with that thing?" She found herself having to yell over the sheer amount of noise, "Think I could pull them out of it?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Oh dear, things were certainly getting a little hectic! He was starting to hope he was wrong, otherwise there might be some poor empath in there who was trying to stop it but was instead getting a sound beating. Still it wasn't like they could let it run free, and it could be an evil empath trying to bend it to their will...

His body still partially torn apart and rebinding, Mr. Goo turned his monocle towards Kair. "It's just a guess young Waif, but it certainly adds up doesn't it? We know it's happened before, and it would explain why our Citadel Dweller isn't a writhing worm. And speaks German, now I really regret sleeping through German classes while I was a lad!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... Here goes nothing...

Dashing into the maelstrom, debris whirling through her, Kait made a leap for the creature at the centre of it all. As she did, she tried to pull out whoever might be stuck in there with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea what you might want me to roll for this, so I will await your judgement!

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

As Waif plunges her way into the flying cloud of debris, the figure within looms into her sight. It's an ugly looking bugger up close, no question, but it's increasingly apparent that the slimy white carapace is, in fact, some kind of armor. There are clear seams where the pieces have been sewn together, and there is a small mouthpiece on the headcover (which you can now see is more of a helmet than anything). It seems to stare at you for one still moment.

Chatter cuts in while she's sizing her opponent up.

<SO, WHAT'VE WE GOT IN THERE, KATIE-KATE? IS THE DWELLER BONDED WITH AN EMPATH OR NOT?>

Waif lunges at the slimy thing, probably thankful for her intangibility as she passes right through the gooey carapace of the armor. Underneath, she grabs a firm hold onto the person inside, snagging something that feels like fabric over flesh. Her foe grunts as it tries to resist the grapple . . .

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Grapple resist attempt: (1d20)[13]

. . . but fails to free itself as Waif tries to wrench the human out of the creature. Unfortunately, her attempt is no more successful as she merely wrenches the fleshy carapace with the rest of it. This only further confirms it: the unearthly gooey white exterior is some kind of armor, not a living thing in itself.
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2014-08-07 at 02:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Kait shuddered as she passed through the armour, she felt as though she was gonna need to shower for a week after that. Grabbing onto the person inside, she did what she could to pull him free. When that didn't work, she grimaced and settled for just trying to hold his struggling form still.

"Looks like a guy in some kind of armour, I tried pulling him out but he's resisting me." She grunted as she shifted her grip to maintain the hold more easily, "Looks like this might all be deliberate. I've got him in a lock at the moment, but I don't know how long I can hold him."

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Agent Chatter's voice over the psynet is determinedly calm, as though you can hear the deep breaths that preceded the message.

<SO WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME IS, WE'RE FIGHTING SOME METAHUMAN COSPLAYING AS A CITADEL-DWELLER? AND YOU ARE FURTHER TELLING ME THAT IT SPEAKS GERMAN?>

He's quiet for a moment, and then, in reluctant tones, continues:

<NOW . . . JUST FOR S***S AND GIGGLES, SO AS TO SET MY PARANOID OLD MIND AT REST . . . COULD SOMEBODY DO ME THE FAVOR OF YELLING OUT 'ICH BIN EIN JUDEN!' AND TELLING ME HOW THE THING REACTS? PROBABLY YOU WON'T GET A RESPONSE . . .> he finishes hopefully, but you can taste the pessimistic resignation in his psycast. He definitely suspects something specific, and it has him more annoyed than anything . . .

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

As Chatter frets, the white-armored creature makes a concentrated effort to free itself physically from Waif. As the effort fails, its hands and head begin to strobe purple . . .

(OOC: Okay, I just used a dice roller on my phone. Your opponent fails to break your hold, Waif, and is now charging his attack. Everybody that rolled below 21 can now go!!!)

10. - Top - End - #70

RedKnightGirl

Let's see... Mr. Goo raised his head like a periscope, surveying the battlefield. It would be hard to get a good shot off, but if he bounced his fist off of that building there, let it loop around that street lamp... he couldn't really just get to the field, he was still reeling from that previous attack!

Winding up his arm, Mr. Goo let loose with a powerful punch that bounced across the mile between him and the enemy. "Special delivery! Oh and 'ich bin ein juden', I suppose," he called out as loud as he could as he fist bounced towards the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Goop Goop Bounce Shooter
    Attack Roll (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage Resist DC 17, linked with a DC 17 Dexterity Afflict. And of course Fast Grab with a +17 bonus, -5 penalty to the enemy, Chokehold etc

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Master Chi squinted through the hole that the creature had made in the buildings, swaying a little from the mental assault earlier. He could feel the vortex of earth formed around the creature again, and he concentrated on it. It was much more difficult, doing so while not directly nearby, but Daniel once again attempted to tear down the barrier around the creature they fought.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Ranged Disarm Check: (1d20+7)[26]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Resist for Damage: (1d20+13)[29]
    Resist for Weaken (Mr. Goo): (1d20)[9]
    Resist for Grab: (1d20)[16]
    Resist for Disarm: (1d20)[2]
    Roll for Weaken (Thaumaturge): (1d20)[9]

"RAAAAAAGGHHH!" screams the white-armored humanoid as Mr. Goo further entangles him, even as Master Chi clears the rubble away from him with sheer terrakinetic force, "Ich habe nicht den ganzen Weg gekommen, um von den minderwertigen Rassen geschlagen werden!!! Nein!! NEEEEIIIINNN!!!"

It stands revealed now, a figure in slimy white armor struggling fruitlessly against Waif's expert grip and Mr. Goo's Flubber-esque fist. The armor is clearly coming apart in places, revealing dark cloth beneath.

Thaumaturge chuckles gleefully as she sees the thing thrashing, and certain sections of the orange traceries along her body begin to light up.

"Eat a bleached ******* and die, you ****y *****!!! Thaumaturge is here to make you Thauma-PURGE!!"

And sure enough, the shrieking humanoid is interrupted by a fountain of puke suddenly issuing from the bottom part of its mask/helmet.

<SO, ANY RESPONSE? NO RESPONSE, RIGHT? PLEASE TELL ME NO RESPONSE, GUYS, BECAUSE MY WIFE WILL MAKE ME GIVE UP SALTY FOODS IF MY BLOOD PRESSURE GETS ANY HIGHER . . .>

13. - Top - End - #73

RedKnightGirl

"Well," Mr. Goo replied as he wrapped his fist around the monster. "As far as I can tell it got rather upset because is 'gurren' robot and some form of digimon were both reassigned as some kind of prison warden. And then it started counting down from nine, but it forgot what came after it. Ho ho ho! Okay I don't speak a lick of German, but it seemed upset!" he explained helpfully.

14. - Top - End - #74

Grace covers her ears from all the screaming and winces at the sight of the puke, "Ew. Um, I think Nein means no. It definitely seems to be...um...enraged. At least, a little more than it already was I think."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

"Shall we save the speculation for after we've stopped the one man hurricane?"

Grimacing, Kait attempted to force her target into a more restrictive lock, hopefully locking it down completely while everyone else finished whatever it was they were doing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kait's going to maintain the grapple, just trying to keep whoever's doing all of this restrained to make him an easier target for everyone else.

Show