Vast and dense woods of Sylvan lay not too far from the village of Caladon. And yet no one dares enter in there, for as all know, they are haunted by monsters and spirits ... aren't they? Indeed, all of the tales of horrific beasts and unearthly apparitions stem from this seemingly never-ending wood. Sylvan forest has a terrifying reputation ... and the ACTUAL inhabitants of Sylvan wouldn't have it any other way.

Welcome to Deep Forest, a slightly deconstructionist tale about a small secluded group of anthros in an otherwise standard fantasy world. The inhabitants of Sylvan keep to themselves, and occasionally spook any Caladonian that plucks up the courage to enter the woods to keep the rumors running. For the discovery of the true nature of the 'monsters' that live there would lead the vastly outnumbered village of Sylvans to be hunted down. But one day, a rogue act of kindness by one Sylvan brings this scenario far too close to reality, and the region teeters on the brink of chaos and war between man and 'monster'.

Main characters include (using broad strokes to describe them) and in no particular order, an too-inquisitive trouble-magnet Caladonian, a sympathetic, ingenious, yet impulsive Sylvan, his fiery sister, the Sylvan defense leader and his siblings, a fun-loving goofball (and slightly genre savvy) storyteller, a trapper who knows a bit more about the forest than he lets on, a jaded exiled Sylvan out for revenge, and more!

--

You may recognize this from before, as I ran this comic for about a year with an artist partner of mine before health annoyances and college turned out to be a bit too much to handle in addition to the comic's schedule. So she had to drop out and I've been at a loss at trying to find a replacement. Unfortunately the website got hacked recently, and I've had to rebuild the site from scratch. It should be back up in the near future, however, a decent portion of the pages are also on my deviantart if you'd like to see some of the story right now. Anyhow, I'm looking for someone to partner with to pick it back up again. Previously I handled the writing and technical aspects personally, and glasswhistle handled the art. And of course I'm not looking for an art-monkey, I'm looking for a full fledged partner to help me tell this story, so we can combine our efforts to create something amazing. As mentioned, this would be a long term project, and we ran on a 1/week update schedule previously. Hopefully I've intrigued one of you with my synopsis so far. If you're interested, message me or email me at my gmail, Phantomfox7. I'd be most appreciative if someone would be willing to work with me.

Thank you for your time.