New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Tails [IC]

Marik nods and thanks Senri for helping him get up on the platform. "If Arana is uncomfortable going down there that is ok, she may remain up here. I don't expect any trouble with the god and if there is any, I have ways of making sure you know and he regrets it." He says it in such a kind voice that it almost sounds wholly peaceful, as if he was discussing weather or a historic event from the First Age, rather than retaliating against a traitorous god.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

A swift breeze sweeps through the party, chimes sounding around. In the distance heavy grey clouds gather, Delilah blurts out about the savage storms of the frontier during her childhood.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Slip getting impatient starts tapping her feet again, doing a bit of an in place jig that marik knows means shes about to enter regardless of who else comes in.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

"We'll wait here and guard your back then. Go ahead, and let's try to find out a reason behind this flood."
    I apologize for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

"Because hypothetical what if preparation saves lives in a potential conflict. That the assumption that the god is responsive and hostile - than the potion could expire at his wishes potentially squashing those who took it against the walls: resulting in a painful and messy death" she stated, "this could be done potentially without ever speaking or meeting with the victims eliminating potential risk to ones self - the way a good trap should", she was no expert on gods but she understood tactics well enough, and the scenario she indicated had happened to many overconfident forces in the history of warfare.

To the implied threat "and I suppose that if I accompany them and they die you would consider me wholly blameless" she shrugged, she met the woman's eyes "you are not scared of me" it was a statement "and unlike your two companions that is not unjust confidence - or an inherent assumption of lack of conflict between individuals - on your part but a reasoned estimation of your chances" tilting her head slightly "I would concur with your assessment - your arms and armour are superior to mine and you carry your blade with no small amount of skill, were I to meet you head on I might well lose. Still I believe that the chances are well in my favour - as such while yes I do not want your ire, I am also not going to make special efforts to avoid it either - should you feel the need to test me you are welcome to. If you wish to spar in a pseudo-friendly fashion I can oblige - if you attack me without clear rules laid down I will move to end you - I would assume the reverse is also true".

Returning her attention to Syveris "and ignoring the potential conflict discussion - it is tactically advantageous to have the potential enemy who might have moved to indiscriminately murder a number of people and flood a town out here at an even standing point with us rather than hidden away facing a smaller number in its home location. So again can you please tell me how to make that happen" - she made a note to potentially study some of the workings of gods, it was galling to have to ask for assistance a second time on the same topic.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Marik nods when the others assent to the plan for Slips and him to descend to meet the god while the others remained here to guard the entrance. Just before he presses the button on the plate he looks at Senri and softly whispers,"If any trouble breaks out let me know, I couldn't bear the thought of not being able to help you." After he says his piece, he places his foot on the button and the platform beings to descend.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Down and down they crawl, surely further than the height of the tree. A warm light flows up from far below, welcoming the two exalted. The platform shrieks to a halt as Marik and Slip get their first look at Zalkhuur's reclusive sanctum. Elegantly carved from root, filled to the brim with plush red pillows, the sweet smell of flower wafting from inner chambers.

Amidst the soft downy hills a golden furred mouse bounds towards its equally small (or large, if you asked some) visitors. Landing in a tumble the creature takes a moment to compose itself, Marik spotting the Sun's mark emblazoned upon its back.

"Welcome heroes new, my isn't our comfortable home busy this blustery day. But enough with introductions and pleasantry" it babbles quickly "Zalkhuur awaits the bearer of the such peaceful and delicious gifts."

Outside the warm comforts of the tree the weather turns worse. Lightning streaks spread across the western dome, flashing light on the darkened land. Curious eyes spot something not quite cloud far to the east back near town. A wide shadowed shape drifts up high, moving against the rest of the sky.
    Last edited by BrotherLeonidas; 2014-09-23 at 07:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Slip a bit giddy at whats going on leaps from her position over to the mouse. "Awww ain't you jes tha most adorable guy!" Realizing shes talking to a magic mouse she composes herself a bit. "An I mean dat as a compliment! Mice're cute!" She offers a hand and realizes its awkward but gives a big ol smile because hey, she's Slip. She's awesome and people like her! "Ah'm Slip, greatest fief in da world an Ezzalt of water! Dis is Marik, Thrice Adamant Marik! 'E's a right fine Solar! What's your name?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

As Marik sees the mouse, he freezes for a brief moment,"Slips...," he says in a soft whisper,"That is a mouse of the Unconquered Sun, an emissary of his will..." Marik hadn't received even a hint of approval or even sentiment from the Unconquered Sun since his Exaltation, and now here was one of the most direct links to the Incarnae right in front of him. Marik gives a polite bow to both the mouse and god, and then returns his attention to the god. He quickly recomposes himself and says in a soft, kind voice to the god,"As Slips said, my name is the Thrice Adamant Marik, Twilight of the Sun. How has the day fared for both you Zalkhuur and mouse of the Most High? I hope it has been pleasant, although my friends and I come with ill tidings, as your river seems to be overflowing and have threatened the people of this region."

Spoiler: Mice and Gods
    Show
    Cha+Presence: (6d10)[7][10][5][9][2][10](43) 6 sux

stunt: (3d10)[8][1][9](18)
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-09-24 at 12:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

"'E kin be an emissary of the Sun an' still be cute Marik. S'not mutually exclusive!" Slip whispers with a cheeky smirk. "Don't be mean!"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

The golden mouse beamed at the energy of the young girl. "Marcin, my new friend Slip" he gestured forth a paw. "The six of you are much nicer than the other lot that paid us a visit today". Further conversation was broken by the sight of the immensely tall and lanky diety that rose from his suitably gigantic chair, in a certainly expansive room. Mug in one hand, the god with long brown hair and dressed in heavy wool pajamas peered down at his latest guests.

"Little wakes me twice in a single day" the suprisingly quiet voice chuckles "but a fine drink you have brought me skilled Marik. As for my day, my smaller companion has already alluded to. Pleasant enough, as they should be in front of a god my rank, but thinly veiled intentions guided them to my realm. Soldiers with armor and weapons, they inquired about the raging waters. Their leader questioned where and from the Dragon poured forth."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Slip looks to Marik. "Guess it was a good fing we lef the fretten now get to know ya later lady outside den huh?" She looks back to her hosts. "Referrin to the one I shouted down to you earlier, She'd 'ave come in wif a sword drawn an fretten ya instead of diplomatizin."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Marik nods in agreement with his friend,"Yes indeed. If I might ask though, great god of the river, what has caused such a flood in your rivers? If anyone would know the catalyst behind such an event, it would be you given your obvious proclivity towards wisdom."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

With the two gone she turned her eyes to the sky - noting the shadow, she focused her eyes on it and tuning out distractions - was it a creature or perhaps smoke from the town. They were too far out to be of assistance, and baring incredible speed it was unlikely to be a bother to them - still she didn't like it.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Perception + Awareness: (6d10)[9][4][1][6][4][2](26)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

"We've had enough blades near trees for one day" agreed the god, "my waters erupted forth from the falls far to the west, essence once dormant appears unchecked" he states as he stares off blankly. Zalkhuur's expression switches from complacency to exhiliration, his hands clench, then breathing a deep sigh he relaxes.

Outside in the elements Arana's inquistive eyes search the eastern sky but find little more than cloud and birds, the shape once spotted appears no more.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Slip tilts her head at the god. "Well what do ya fink needs ta be done? " She glances over at Marik as well. He seemed to be smarter about things like this.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

Keeping her eyes on where she thought she had seen the shape for a few seconds she than discounted it, it might have been nothing but a trick of the light.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Marik thinks for a moment and then speaks up,"So you're saying that someone else engineered this flood and you were unable to stop it. Curious... any chance you got a feel for what kind of essence it was that caused this? Enlightened, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrials...?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure if Marik would have any way of knowing bout Infernal, Abyssal, or Sidereal essence so I'll refrain from leaving them in

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

"It is the energy of the land curious Solar, it seems to have come unfettered" the giant mumbles as he clenches his mahoghany fleshed fist. "I seem unable to ebb its flow, even awake and alert im afraid" he grows silent as he moves towards the back of the chamber turning his back to the shrunken heroes. "The Terrestrial and his soldiers intend to journey west to the falls". A loud clap of thunder rumbles and shakes even the depths of the great tree.

The Dawn caste has her attention ripped back towards the approaching storm as a thunderbolt spears the parched land nearby. A deafening boom accompanies its arrival as the outsiders peer at the scorched brown earth screened by smoke.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

She cursed lightly under her breath, before beginning to sort her equipment - these items prominently metal were left safely to the side.

Once happy that the javelins, and bow with some blunt arrows would have to be sufficient she choose a careful place for the babe - having taken its berries and water well on the trip without much complaint she was content to care for it for now.

Items and child secure she moved towards where the lightning had struck, had something attracted it to that place over herself and her metal wearing companions.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Slip looks up. "Wazzit s'post ta rain today?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"Do you know how we might attempt to ebb the flow ourselves, oh great god of the river? While going to the source of it makes the most sense, if we don't know how to stop it we will accomplish little I'd think by visiting the site." says Marik politely to the god, ignoring the thunderous roar of an angry heavens.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

"I know that before this land was my domain and Lawgivers still ruled the Nemegun ran as far south as modern Thorns. During the Balor Crusade the river was consumedand great work was done in reviving it. A powerful demense had formed where the waterfall now stands, then spirits, not man linked it to the great Yahzee"he finished with disgust.

As Zalkhuur dictates the mouse of golden fur whispers to the curious Slip "it's not suppose to rain the first day of the week, I don't think the sky has come on pleasant terms" glancing up nervously.

Outside the gods sanctum the alert Arana positioned herself closer to the blasted earth. Through smoke came the shapes with no attempt at stealth. Stick figure men made of writhing lightning strided forward with elongated arms and legs. The spirits moved within twenty yards of the Solar as a clap of thunder resounded overhead.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

Great she thought, and when facing spirits it is important to understand what you are up against, as there powers and abilities can be varied she thought back to her lessons, not much help without knowing much about spirits in general.

Facing them her hands ready but weapons not positioned to the enemy yet she choose to speak first - the same courtesy she had offered her fellow anathema "explain yourselves spirits - and I will hear you", she had not learned the old languages chances were they didn't even understand her.

Her eyes focused on there movements and waited on them to commit to hostilities, this seemed to aggressive to end peacefully - trusting to her supernatural reflex to provide the edge to the enemies numbers, she suspected the her companions would not engage, and even if they did she was still unsure which side they would that.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Intelligence+Occult: (3d10)[7][8][8](23)
    Stunt if needed: (3d10)[6][6][2](14)
    Charisma+Presence: (6d10)[4][6][7][2][4][2](25)
    Stunt if needed: (3d10)[9][2][4](15)

In the event of combat:
    Flashing Vengeance Draw (3m)
    Join Battle: (8d10)[3][4][1][2][7][3][8][9](37) +2 Auto from the charm.
    Stunt if needed: (3d10)[7][2][5](14)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Marik things of the possibilities,"So if this group of Gaia's children came to visit you it would imply that they are not the culprits, unless they meant to silence you. So the most likely culprits are rival spirits? In that case perhaps Slips and I should return to our companions so we can go investigate the site ourselves and see if we can find out anything else."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

"Clearly it is one with great knowledge of essence to cause such a disruption" he remarks snidely. "That journey is far, even with your beast above, but you have more pressing matters on hand. Your friend will have her hands full, the Sky Warriors never travel in peace."

The soldiers inquiry falls on deaf ears. The essence made creatures leap forth, but nothing rises faster than the Sun.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Arana

Seeing them approach she analysed the situation, her reflex combined with her training and powers were more than up for there initial attack, but she didn't want to force the issue yet or burn through her reserves.

She was in the air, javelin was in her hand almost before she recognised she had moved or chosen it - landing directly in front of the first of the creatures her weapon came to it in an arc designed to disrupt its form - bisecting a man with a javelin was difficult but not impossible - and if they had less substance than mortals it might be easier.

And once she had the measure of the first she could plan out her strategy better.

Spoiler: Rolls and Powers
    Show

Activating Monkey Leap Technique (3 motes)
    Anima at 1 peripheral.
    Using the reflexive jump to get into combat range.

Attack: (11d10)[2][9][4][1][4][5][3][2][8][4][5](47) (made unexpected due to Flashing Vengeance Draw)
    Stunt: (3d10)[3][10][1](14)
    Using Joint Wounding Attack - disrupting the spirits form (2 Motes): Anima at 3 peripheral

Possible Base Damage after Soak(L): (5d10)[9][2][9][4][5](29)
    Possible Extra Damage from successes Soak: (10d10)[7][7][8][5][3][6][10][2][3][8](59)