New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Star Wars SAGA] Shadows of the Republic IC

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

A low whistle emits from Lemuel's nose-beak rising to a short crescendo before falling back down and fading away (mock awe). 'Let's wrap this up Ms. Taraan. You take Badoo somewhere to ask him those questions and the rest of us will go get what we need. Would someone else stay back with her as well?'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    The Witchknife: a Psionic-less Soulknife
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Lenfrey Coyne, Ratfolk Sin Eater Inquisitor
    Mazer Mandrill, Gnome Saboteur Alchemist
    Ridley Rysewell, Half-Elf Carnivalist Rogue
    Star Wars Saga Edition
    Geoffrey Bears, Ryn Scoundrel

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kydell View Post
    Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

A low whistle emits from Lemuel's nose-beak rising to a short crescendo before falling back down and fading away (mock awe). 'Let's wrap this up Ms. Taraan. You take Badoo somewhere to ask him those questions and the rest of us will go get what we need. Would someone else stay back with her as well?'
    I started this so I guess I will. Logan is visibly regretting saving Badoo earlier. Now that they had confirmed a Jedi presence, he would rather be flying out of here.
    There is a time for metaphysical experimentation, and there is a time for doomlasers and face-punching. Do you know what time it is? -Pax Empyrean, Spacebattles

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    "Free will? You're holding me suspended in mid-air, I should say I'm surprised you hold such notions as free will in such high regard, Forceling* If you speak of my attempt to persuade you against interfering it was simply my hope that this," the Twi'Lek looked around with his eyes unable to move otherwise, "might be avoided."
    Spoiler: * Knowledge Galactic Lore 10
    Show

Forceling is a slang term for non-Jedi/non-Sith Force practitioners. It's offensiveness varies by individual.

Only to save this man from being accosted for speaking his mind. Taste of your own medicine, I say. Nonetheless, she knew Logan was right, and reluctantly set the ambassador down on the floor. She couldn't help a smirk as he landed on his ar$e, though.

Now, Master Badoo, would you care to join me and my friend here aboard our ship?

Turning to Vimreon, she said I'm sure you can manage to find fuel and supplies at knockdown prices without us.
    Spoiler: Games I am in
    Show
    The Search for the Sky (D&D 4E) • Dvergula IC OOC
    Zeison Sha avatar by linklele

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Quote Originally Posted by czieg View Post
    I started this so I guess I will. Logan is visibly regretting saving Badoo earlier. Now that they had confirmed a Jedi presence, he would rather be flying out of here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echobeats View Post
    Spoiler: * Knowledge Galactic Lore 10
    Show

Forceling is a slang term for non-Jedi/non-Sith Force practitioners. It's offensiveness varies by individual.

Only to save this man from being accosted for speaking his mind. Taste of your own medicine, I say. Nonetheless, she knew Logan was right, and reluctantly set the ambassador down on the floor. She couldn't help a smirk as he landed on his ar$e, though.

Now, Master Badoo, would you care to join me and my friend here aboard our ship?

Turning to Vimreon, she said I'm sure you can manage to find fuel and supplies at knockdown prices without us.
    "Mmm, yes friend, yes!" Badoo says excitedly, "Take that Jedi!" he points an accusatory finger at the Twi'Lek and begins to follow Ev closely.

As Ev and Logan depart the Jedi and human* attempt to straighten themselves out. The human pulls a commlink and begins speaking quietly into it.*

Spoiler: * Perception Check 15 or higher by those remaining Check 25 for those walking away
    Show

"Lock down Hangar Bay B-39, send security, inform Jedi Master Kion his padawan may be hurt, post an alert for Brother Badoo."

The Twi'Lek rises from the ground, dusting off his robes and looks at the remaining members of the Spanner's crew.

"Perhaps you could inform me what you all are doing on this station? And who that was?"

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"'That' was a Zeison Sha. Some order of force sensitives from the outer rim. Apparently a large portion of their society was built under the assumption that the Jedi are evil, child stealing nut-cases. We are just here to refuel and pick up some supplies. Food, water, stuff like that."

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+9)[11]

What the hell.
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2014-08-12 at 06:25 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel gives a cheerful smile to the human and Twi'lek as he approaches them, 'Many apologies, good friends. We mean no harm, of course.' He dusts something off the shoulder of the Twi'lek.

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    To Change Attitude:
    (1d20+16)[30]

'My crew and I need only to get a few supplies, such as food and fuel, and we'll be off. My associate is a very kind soul looking to help those in need, I'm sure you can empathize. She is convinced she heard a cry for help through the Force, which is a tricky situation, wouldn't you agree? You have my word as an honorable man that we will not be causing you any trouble, and will just as soon get what we need and vanish as we will return your boy Badoo.' Lemuel pauses and looks at the two with an open, honest face, his hands folded in a pseudo-pious pose. 'That situation that just transpired was surely regrettable, but I assure you there is no need to inform the security. As I said, we will be out of here before you know it.'

Show
    To Convince them to retract their call to security:
    (1d20+16)[23]

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Taro Bantari

Taro heard the call and his heart sank. Honestly, hadn't they just talked about getting in and out and trying to avoid any trouble?

Now their ship was locked for who knows how long, with who knows what on board. If they got searched by authorities, questions would be asked... this wasn't looking good.

He wandered over to where Lemuel was trying to smooth over the incident and added his two cents.

"I thought you showed great restraint," he said, "if someone did that to me, I might have started shooting."
    "I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding," he said, "you'll get your man back, we'll get our fuel, and everyone can leave happy."

Spoiler
    Show
    persuasion (aid): (1d20)[7]
    Edit: No help there I'm afraid, at least no harm done.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2014-08-12 at 09:28 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    "'That' was a Zeison Sha. Some order of force sensitives from the outer rim. Apparently a large portion of their society was built under the assumption that the Jedi are evil, child stealing nut-cases. We are just here to refuel and pick up some supplies. Food, water, stuff like that."

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    [roll0]

What the hell.
    Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel gives a cheerful smile to the human and Twi'lek as he approaches them, 'Many apologies, good friends. We mean no harm, of course.' He dusts something off the shoulder of the Twi'lek.

Show
    To Change Attitude:
    [roll0]

'My crew and I need only to get a few supplies, such as food and fuel, and we'll be off. My associate is a very kind soul looking to help those in need, I'm sure you can empathize. She is convinced she heard a cry for help through the Force, which is a tricky situation, wouldn't you agree? You have my word as an honorable man that we will not be causing you any trouble, and will just as soon get what we need and vanish as we will return your boy Badoo.' Lemuel pauses and looks at the two with an open, honest face, his hands folded in a pseudo-pious pose. 'That situation that just transpired was surely regrettable, but I assure you there is no need to inform the security. As I said, we will be out of here before you know it.'

Show
    To Convince them to retract their call to security:
    [roll1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Taro Bantari

Taro heard the call and his heart sank. Honestly, hadn't they just talked about getting in and out and trying to avoid any trouble?

Now their ship was locked for who knows how long, with who knows what on board. If they got searched by authorities, questions would be asked... this wasn't looking good.

He wandered over to where Lemuel was trying to smooth over the incident and added his two cents.

"I thought you showed great restraint," he said, "if someone did that to me, I might have started shooting."
    "I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding," he said, "you'll get your man back, we'll get our fuel, and everyone can leave happy."

Spoiler
    Show
    persuasion (aid): [roll0]
    Edit: No help there I'm afraid, at least no harm done.
    Spoiler: Shopping Party aka Party 1
    Show

The Twi'Lek tilted his head to the side for a moment and raised his hand to the human*

"Brother Jion, there's no need to get security down here, their ship is locked and Master Kion is already going to have my head for this, we don't need to make it worse than it is."

The human*, Jion, looked somewhat skeptical but raised the comm to his lips again and dismissed the request for security.

"Well, if you're here for fuel and food perhaps you wouldn't mind company while you shop," the Twi'Lek said, his tone clear it was more than just an offer.

"A Zeishon Sha you say?" he addressed Kenth, "I suppose that's why we're visiting the Temple rather than them," he tried to lighten the mood with a chuckle.

"You see, your friend likely did hear a cry for help from Brother Badoo, he had been, well, he was attempting to- Um, perhaps Brother Jion could explain it better."

At that the human spoke up, "Yes, you see Brother Badoo has long been one of our foremost instructors in mind locking techniques but his most recent attempt led him to block off parts of his mind from himself that led him to the state he is now in. We sent requests to the Jedi to aid and were making progress when Brother Badoo escaped and began running amok in the Station. It is my hope that in telling you this you can expedite your friend's returning of my Brother in Spirit."

Spoiler: Badoo Party aka Party 2
    Show

As you walk back towards the ship Badoo smiles at you both widely.

"You are not Jedi, not trying to reach into my mind and pluck, pluck, pluck! You are a good friend Evermore!"

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel gives a decisive whistle through his beak, 'It's settled, then. You're to accompany us to the shops. If you wouldn't mind, I need to speak to the attendant about refueling, and then you can show us the best deal on some rations that'll keep for a long journey.' He puts his hand out for the Twi'lek to shake, 'The name's Vimreon Clu.'

Spoiler: Deception
    Show
    Deception + Force Point
    (1d20+16)[24] + (1d6)[6] = 30

After the introduction, he heads on over to the nearby reception desk and asks about refueling the Spanner. When that is taken care of, he joins back with the Jedi and continues, 'As I was saying, we'll need a good amount of food for our trip. Do you know of any place that could provide such a service.'
    Last edited by Kydell; 2014-08-13 at 01:00 AM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"If you don't mind me asking Brother Jion, I've never heard of the Chalactan Adepts before. What are their practices?" Something about these two really got Ev on edge. If the force did not see fit to reveal what, then a little old fashioned conversation might do the trick.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Taro Bantari

Taro walked quietly with Vimreon and the Jedi. He knew when to keep his mouth shut, plus he was looking for a place that served some decent food.

At the mention of replenishing their rations, he decided to inject himself into the conversation, seeing as Vimreon was distracted by requesting the refuelling.

"So you're both Jedi?" he asked, "big on the whole pacifist thing, I guess. Like I said before, I might have started shooting. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you didn't start... shooting, or slicing, or whatever. But how do you know when it's time to observe and when it's time to act?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler: Badoo Party aka Party 2
    Show

As you walk back towards the ship Badoo smiles at you both widely.

"You are not Jedi, not trying to reach into my mind and pluck, pluck, pluck! You are a good friend Evermore!"
    Thank you Badoo. Please call me Ev; everyone who's my friend does. I'm not going to ask how you know my name...

Inside the ship, Ev shows Badoo to a seat. Would you like a cup of tea or caf?

Now, please, tell me who I rescued you from and what those accursed Jedi are doing to your people? We're meant to just be passing through for supplies on our way to urgent business elsewhere, but if there's anything I can do to help while we're here...

Spoiler: Persuasion check
    Show
    To improve his attitude, if it's not already at Helpful.
    Persuasion - (1d20+5)[17]
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel gives a decisive whistle through his beak, 'It's settled, then. You're to accompany us to the shops. If you wouldn't mind, I need to speak to the attendant about refueling, and then you can show us the best deal on some rations that'll keep for a long journey.' He puts his hand out for the Twi'lek to shake, 'The name's Vimreon Clu.'

Spoiler: Deception
    Show
    Deception + Force Point
    [roll0] + [roll1] = 30

After the introduction, he heads on over to the nearby reception desk and asks about refueling the Spanner. When that is taken care of, he joins back with the Jedi and continues, 'As I was saying, we'll need a good amount of food for our trip. Do you know of any place that could provide such a service.'
    "If you don't mind me asking Brother Jion, I've never heard of the Chalactan Adepts before. What are their practices?" Something about these two really got Ev on edge. If the force did not see fit to reveal what, then a little old fashioned conversation might do the trick.
    Taro Bantari

Taro walked quietly with Vimreon and the Jedi. He knew when to keep his mouth shut, plus he was looking for a place that served some decent food.

At the mention of replenishing their rations, he decided to inject himself into the conversation, seeing as Vimreon was distracted by requesting the refuelling.

"So you're both Jedi?" he asked, "big on the whole pacifist thing, I guess. Like I said before, I might have started shooting. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you didn't start... shooting, or slicing, or whatever. But how do you know when it's time to observe and when it's time to act?"
    "A pleasure Mr. Clu," the Twi'Lek said taking his hand, "I'm glad you were there to keep things from getting out of hand."

While 'Vimreon" dealt with the refueling station (350 credits refueling charge for a "full tank") the two men addressed the others with them.

"As your friend noted, I am not a Jedi but a Chalactan Adept, a follower of the Illuminated Way," Jion answered the young gun Taro, "We are a society built on defense of the mind and strengthening of the entire planetary populace through union in Illumination. We prefer defending to attacking, it is a stronger and more sustainable position. Your friend may have been against us, but we sensed none of the Dark Side within her and the Station will not allow her to leave with Brother Badoo."

"You see, Chalactan Adepts are all connected," the Twi'Lek Jedi explained, "They're excellent at blocking out attempts to use the Force or really any means to invade their minds but they are able to do so because their minds remain open to one another," the Twi'Lek caught Jion casting a hard stare at him.

"If you wanted to know more you'd have to talk to my Master, Kion," the Twi'Lek cut himself off quickly looking somewhat embarrassed.

Thank you Badoo. Please call me Ev; everyone who's my friend does. I'm not going to ask how you know my name...

Inside the ship, Ev shows Badoo to a seat. Would you like a cup of tea or caf?

Now, please, tell me who I rescued you from and what those accursed Jedi are doing to your people? We're meant to just be passing through for supplies on our way to urgent business elsewhere, but if there's anything I can do to help while we're here...

Spoiler: Persuasion check
    Show
    To improve his attitude, if it's not already at Helpful.
    [roll0]
    "Do you have any Gav? No, I don't suppose you do Ev, no matter."

Badoo took the seat offered to him, folding his legs up and sitting cross legged.

"Jedi. Sent from the Core to break the Adepts. Disrupt the Illumination. I tried to fight them, keep them out of the Illumination. Keep them from sullying it. I haven't stopped them yet, only delayed them. If they break into this mind," he pointed at his own head, "They'll figure it all out and they'll come in and take us all with them. I need help. The Jedi must be stopped. You know this as well, no?"
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-08-13 at 10:09 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Ugh, typical Jedi meddling. I'm afraid I know very little about the Adepts of this planet, but I assure you I'm no friend of the Jedi and their interfering ways. I don't know if you'll have heard of the Zeison Sha? Ev tells Badoo enough of her people's history to understand her opinion of the Jedi.

What have the Jedi been doing here, exactly? Why are they focusing on this planet, so far from the Core – have they run out of Force traditions to assimilate closer to home? And, if it's not impertinent to ask, why is your own mind in particular so important to them?

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    Looking for signs of either deception or delusion. While Ev is predisposed to believe any bad word spoken about the Jedi, she can't help noticing this guy seems a few Ugnaughts short of a Tibanna gas mine. No doubt this is the Jedi's fault for treating him so cruelly...
    Perception - (1d20+10)[30]
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Taro Bantari

"Yeah, very interesting," Taro said, not really wanting to press the issue.
    "So... know any good places to eat around here? I'd like to hear more," he said, using the opportunity of the twi'lek apparently committing some sort of gaffe.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2014-08-13 at 06:53 PM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Ugh, typical Jedi meddling. I'm afraid I know very little about the Adepts of this planet, but I assure you I'm no friend of the Jedi and their interfering ways. I don't know if you'll have heard of the Zeison Sha? Ev tells Badoo enough of her people's history to understand her opinion of the Jedi.

What have the Jedi been doing here, exactly? Why are they focusing on this planet, so far from the Core – have they run out of Force traditions to assimilate closer to home? And, if it's not impertinent to ask, why is your own mind in particular so important to them?

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    Looking for signs of either deception or delusion. While Ev is predisposed to believe any bad word spoken about the Jedi, she can't help noticing this guy seems a few Ugnaughts short of a Tibanna gas mine. No doubt this is the Jedi's fault for treating him so cruelly...
    [roll0]
    "Jedi schutta want to link the Adepts to themselves. They want our techniques and our secrets. They want me because I'm keeping them out. They want me gone or turned. Jedi! Jedi! Jedi!" Badoo slammed his hands on his knees with each exclamation, "I don't want to speak of the Jedi anymore Ev. Let us leave this Station. We shall go to the planet, visit the Temple. I can explain it all to the Illuminated One."

Spoiler: Perceived
    Show

Woo! Our first nat 20!

Badoo is definitely not "all there" that's pretty clear and he definitely seems somewhat delusional, however he doesn't seem to be attempting to lie or deceive you and seems to in all honesty believe what he's saying. How accurate it is, or how close to the truth, impossible to say for sure, but something does strike you as ringing truthful and you do wonder why he would be so overtly concerned with the Jedi if they were truly trying to help him.

Taro Bantari

"Yeah, very interesting," Taro said, not really wanting to press the issue.
    "So... know any good places to eat around here? I'd like to hear more," he said, using the opportunity of the twi'lek apparently committing some sort of gaffe.
    "I'm afraid I've only been here a few days," the Twi'Lek admitted, "I've mostly kept to the Enclave."

"We of the Brotherhood do not often venture out into the greater Station," Jion said, "But I hear good things regarding a 'Magranma Aktah', it is a Chalactan restaurant, true cooked with fresh ingredients from the surface. I could take you and your friends there if you wish?"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

While Lemuel receives the info about refueling, he balks and turns to his compatriots, 'Say there, crew. We need three-hundred fifty for the refuel. I have two-hundred on my person. Is there one-hundred fifty between you all?'

He listens to the chat between Taro and the Force-users.

'Many thanks Jion, but I think we just need some space-worthy rations. We really better get back onto the hypertrail before too long.'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I can cover about that. I'll be pretty broke afterwards, but no problems there." Kenth turns his attention back to Brother Jion and the Twi'lek Jedi. "I realize it's none of my business, but I saw a report on the way over of a significant Jedi presence in system, and when we approached the station, an automated message gave us specific directions in the event that we were representatives of your Council. I find it difficult to believe that such a mobilization would occur for one man."

19. - Top - End - #169

"Jedi schutta want to link the Adepts to themselves. They want our techniques and our secrets. They want me because I'm keeping them out. They want me gone or turned. Jedi! Jedi! Jedi!" Badoo slammed his hands on his knees with each exclamation, "I don't want to speak of the Jedi anymore Ev. Let us leave this Station. We shall go to the planet, visit the Temple. I can explain it all to the Illuminated One."

Spoiler: Perceived
    Show

Woo! Our first nat 20!

Badoo is definitely not "all there" that's pretty clear and he definitely seems somewhat delusional, however he doesn't seem to be attempting to lie or deceive you and seems to in all honesty believe what he's saying. How accurate it is, or how close to the truth, impossible to say for sure, but something does strike you as ringing truthful and you do wonder why he would be so overtly concerned with the Jedi if they were truly trying to help him.
    That's OK; I understand how difficult it must be for you, with so many strong minds trying to break into yours. Why don't you tell me about your people? As for going to the surface, I'm afraid I don't run this ship: the others would have to agree. We can talk about it when they come back. Is there any way you could contact this "Illuminated One" from here, like a public comms terminal?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

While Lemuel receives the info about refueling, he balks and turns to his compatriots, 'Say there, crew. We need three-hundred fifty for the refuel. I have two-hundred on my person. Is there one-hundred fifty between you all?'

He listens to the chat between Taro and the Force-users.

'Many thanks Jion, but I think we just need some space-worthy rations. We really better get back onto the hypertrail before too long.'
    "I can cover about that. I'll be pretty broke afterwards, but no problems there." Kenth turns his attention back to Brother Jion and the Twi'lek Jedi. "I realize it's none of my business, but I saw a report on the way over of a significant Jedi presence in system, and when we approached the station, an automated message gave us specific directions in the event that we were representatives of your Council. I find it difficult to believe that such a mobilization would occur for one man."
    The two men exchanged a momentary glance and were silent a moment before Brother Jion spoke up.

"I really don't think myself or Tar'ko are qualified to explain that to you and, meaning no offense, I don't believe you would be qualified to hear it either. If you are in need of rations and fuel allow the Enclave to cover your costs and you can return Brother Badoo and be on your way."

That's OK; I understand how difficult it must be for you, with so many strong minds trying to break into yours. Why don't you tell me about your people? As for going to the surface, I'm afraid I don't run this ship: the others would have to agree. We can talk about it when they come back. Is there any way you could contact this "Illuminated One" from here, like a public comms terminal?
    "We were once many, shrouded in darkness" Badoo begins almost in a chant that speaks of an ingrained story, "Then First Brother came and brought the light. The light bound us all together, touched every mind, some stronger than others, some weaker, but it missed no man, woman, or child with its magnificence. All were bound in the soft glow and there was peace, but then, a shadow fell upon the land. The black sky rained down heavy with those still cowering in the dark and First Brother steeled the light, binding us together tighter still and pushing back the shadows and now we live as the First taught us. We abide His laws and follow His teachings. But these Jedi!"

Badoo stopped as Ev asked about contacting the Illuminated One.

"Oh no, no, the Illuminated One cannot be reached by such means. One must make the pilgrimage. One must link directly."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

"We were once many, shrouded in darkness" Badoo begins almost in a chant that speaks of an ingrained story, "Then First Brother came and brought the light. The light bound us all together, touched every mind, some stronger than others, some weaker, but it missed no man, woman, or child with its magnificence. All were bound in the soft glow and there was peace, but then, a shadow fell upon the land. The black sky rained down heavy with those still cowering in the dark and First Brother steeled the light, binding us together tighter still and pushing back the shadows and now we live as the First taught us. We abide His laws and follow His teachings. But these Jedi!"
    Ev struggles to follow Badoo's cryptic litany. That's fascinating, truly, but I'm not sure I understand. What is this "light"? Is it the same as what others call the Force? What are First Brother's teachings?

I hope you don't mind my curiosity. I'm eager to help resist Jedi expansionism, but unless I know more I'm not sure I can work out what I can do.

Badoo stopped as Ev asked about contacting the Illuminated One.

"Oh no, no, the Illuminated One cannot be reached by such means. One must make the pilgrimage. One must link directly."
    Pilgrimage? That usually means a long and arduous journey on foot, no? Or would we be allowed to just fly straight to where he is?
    Last edited by Echobeats; 2014-08-14 at 02:04 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Ev struggles to follow Badoo's cryptic litany. That's fascinating, truly, but I'm not sure I understand. What is this "light"? Is it the same as what others call the Force? What are First Brother's teachings?

I hope you don't mind my curiosity. I'm eager to help resist Jedi expansionism, but unless I know more I'm not sure I can work out what I can do.

Pilgrimage? That usually means a long and arduous journey on foot, no? Or would we be allowed to just fly straight to where he is?
    "No! Well, yes, in some ways," Badoo paused, biting his lip and looking as though he were trying to think of something half forgotten, "I am not sure I can explain more. You would need to join here," he pointed at his head, "Or speak with the Illuminated One. I can get you to see him quickly, yes, quickly."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel's face quickly becomes troubled. 'Understood, good sirs. I and my crew are most appreciative of your generosity, and we all of us are chagrined at the situation we find ourselves in.' Lemuel takes out his comlink and fit's it into his ear, 'If you'll excuse me, I need to speak to our mutual friend, Ms Teraan.' He moves a few meters away from the group, and hailed Evermore.

'Ms. Taraan, are you there? We need to talk.'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

24. - Top - End - #174

Ev hears the ship's comm terminal buzzing. Excuse me, Badoo, I'd best see who that is. On seeing Vimreon's identifier, she hits the "answer" button. Hello Vimreon, what's up?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

'Look, the Jedi here are willing to cover our fuel and food costs, provided we give them back Badoo. They've also given a fairly convincing argument that Badoo has locked off parts of his brain experimenting with memory-locking techniques. I think it would be best if we left this situation in their hands, and left the station. What's your situation?'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

26. - Top - End - #176

Hmm. Are you sure you can trust them? Sounds to me like they're just trying to get rid of us in a hurry to cover something up. Badoo is definitely a bit disturbed and hard to follow, but he doesn't seem at all forgetful. I'll ask him about this "memory locking" stuff but I'm inclined to take it with a pinch of salt.

Listen, Badoo wants to go down to the surface to see someone called "The Illuminated One". Do you think we could give him a lift? It's not like we need the Jedi to buy us fuel, right? I know we should really be getting a move on, but I don't feel comfortable just handing someone back to captivity. He says they're trying to break into his mind and steal the secrets and techniques of his order. Do you really want to subject him to that?

All that aside, I'm not too happy about accepting anything from a Jedi. Surely we already had enough credits to get us to Alsakan?
    Last edited by Echobeats; 2014-08-15 at 06:58 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

The Ryn takes a breath and moves a bit farther away from the group, 'Here's the situation Ms Teraan, the Spanner is currently locked in the docking bay. If we don't give back Badoo, the Jedi will send security and be on our ship in a moments notice. We may have enough money to get to our destination, but if that happens, we'll never reach it. Without this exchange we will find ourselves in even larger trouble than a whole Jedi enclave wanting us locked up.'

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Taro Bantari

"That's pretty decent of you to offer to pay for our fuel and food, after what happened," Taro said, "I hope Badoo recovers sooner rather than later. You couldn't pay me enough credits to want to experiment with my mind."

He shook his head and pursed his lips in grim expression.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

Lemuel's face quickly becomes troubled. 'Understood, good sirs. I and my crew are most appreciative of your generosity, and we all of us are chagrined at the situation we find ourselves in.' Lemuel takes out his comlink and fit's it into his ear, 'If you'll excuse me, I need to speak to our mutual friend, Ms Teraan.' He moves a few meters away from the group, and hailed Evermore.

'Ms. Taraan, are you there? We need to talk.'
    Taro Bantari

"That's pretty decent of you to offer to pay for our fuel and food, after what happened," Taro said, "I hope Badoo recovers sooner rather than later. You couldn't pay me enough credits to want to experiment with my mind."

He shook his head and pursed his lips in grim expression.
    "If one should find themselves half in darkness, they need only take a step out," Brother Jion intoned, "We would prefer this went more smoothly than our initial encounter and you seem a decent sort that the Enclave would be happy to assist in their travels."

The Twilek, Tar'ko, looked somewhat uncomfortable in this situation but said nothing.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Lemuel Chromlech
    aka Vimreon Clu

The Ryn takes a breath and moves a bit farther away from the group, 'Here's the situation Ms Teraan, the Spanner is currently locked in the docking bay. If we don't give back Badoo, the Jedi will send security and be on our ship in a moments notice. We may have enough money to get to our destination, but if that happens, we'll never reach it. Without this exchange we will find ourselves in even larger trouble than a whole Jedi enclave wanting us locked up.'
    What? This is outrageous!, Ev sputters. Who in the Galaxy do they think they are?!

When she calms down enough to think straight, she says, Surely you can find someone reasonable to talk to and smooth this over? After all, we’ve not done anything wrong – quite the opposite. I don’t know how I could tell Badoo we were going to throw him to the wolves.
    Show