New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [nWoD : MtAw] The Academia : Infinite In Faculty : IC

Isle of Lewis : Albion Tetrarchy

A figure stands amid the shadows of standing stones.

Beneath one arm sat a Beretta he had not fired in five years. It's purpose was intimidate sleepers. Tattooed over his body were the bound fetishes of three spirit entities the pentacles would identify as minor gods. He had use of them much more often than the fire arm. They were not for the sleepers. The man wore a loose shirt and slacks that cut a strange figure on the chilly Scottish Island. His name, as much as he remembered, was Heracles.

He waited there amid the stones for several minutes before a second figure emerged from the mist of the early morning "Mr. Sherley I presume?"

The man who had approached was a portly, middle aged man, of unplaceably vague Asian descent, and his accent at clung so much to the stereotype as to have seemed an ignorantly offensive impersonation, if of course he had not seemed to be impersonating an insult of his own people. The second man, was in all respects, a cliche.

The figure already in the stones looked over and glanced the man up and down "Are you him?" The man's own tone had the feeblest hints of an Australian accent behind the twang of an adopted British demeanor.

"If I said I wasn't would you believe me," the portly Asian cliche said as he busily took pictures of things as innocuous as the sun and grass, along with the many standing stones.

"I was sent by the Exarchs. They want-" Heracles was interrupted by the man breaking into a coughing fit.

"Oh... *cough* ... you were sent by the man who owns you, who is no Exarch. Worried about his little school?" as the man finished Heracles impressive hearing picked out several profanities in the shorter, rounder man's coughs.

"You know about the school?" Heracles asked with a sort of forced absent minded-ness.

"My grand daughter attends. I may not be human but one keeps track of such minutia," the man was still taking photos, or pretending too, but his camera had since died.

"Regardless. The Exarchs have a question," the second man seemed to grow a bit darker at that moment, the shadows around him seemed to stretch and the insects in the grass and mist seemed for a moment louder and more sinister.

"Ask. I'm obliging of your puppet masters at the moment," snapped the portly Asian man who was now rubbing at a ketchup stain on his floral pattern shirt.

The man called Heracles seemed to flinch at the words 'puppet masters' but pressed on, rolling each word off his tongue like a threat "have any of your kind ever . . . Awoken?"

Prometheus University : Albion Tetrarchy

The first thing that enters their consciousnesses is the feeling of their restraints loosening. The next is the sound of pacing feet on marble.

Their eyes flutter and a scene opens before them. A quintet of long oak table, over a hundred feet long, stretch out side by side before them on a nearly featureless white marble floor. Beneath the rows of tables and chairs is a strange crest, like that of an old school, in the shape of a shield. Still groggy their drifting eyes see the walls of gold filigree over yet more white marble and finally drift to a glass ceiling over which walk a scattering of figures far up in the rafters.

The quintet sit on carved wooden chairs, back to back in a pentagon like shape. Behind them all is an empty elevated chair like area, bare despite its prominent position. The tables also seem empty, the chairs up and to the last unoccupied. The space is cavernous and illuminated softly, but by no evident source of light.

Finally from near one of the far walls a figure approaches. He wears a black suit over a red shirt, appears to be in his mid thirties, and is unquestionably handsome. Something though, beyond his altogether well put together appearance, is sinister enough to unsettle the no doubt already terrified students.

All he whispers in the half light though is "Are any of you hurt?"

What do you do?

Spoiler: OoC (All):
    Show
    You are no longer bound to your chairs.

You have only just woken up since being grabbed, Merits related to school groups/factions/activities activate after the timeskip, and you all gain the following condition;

Spooked (Temporary, Emotional):
    Recent events have had a substantial emotional effect on you. You may not be showing any fear but you're definitely unsettled enough for it to be effecting you one way or another. Take a -2 to all actions while under the effect of this condition.

Resolution: Resolve this condition when you fail a roll while under the effect of this condition. Take a Beat.

Post away folks!
    Last edited by The Architect; 2014-08-05 at 07:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD : MtAw] The Academia : Infinite In Faculty : IC

YOLO

Sitting amidst the teenagers rousing to consciousness is a strong-looking, handsome young man with a brown fauxhawk, a black hoodie with leopard print on the inside of the hood, a pair of new jeans and some converse sneakers. Around his neck is a silver chain with a big silver medallion that reads: “YOLO”. He has several wristbands on each wrist (visible when the sleeves shift). His look is unmistakably flashy.

As Yolo wakes up, he shakes his head and rubs his forehead. Someone had him tied down. Where was he? Chocolate eyes looked about the room. It was a weird place. And when Yolo feels something this weird, he assumes the worst. Street survival.

His eyes snap to the man who speaks. Something about this man is just wrong. It sets the kid on edge, and when he’s on edge, he tends to react in a certain way. Yolo stood up from his chair, hiding how disturbed he is at the moment under the convenient mask of the tough guy.

“You better not worry about me,” he says with a definite Jersey accent, “You better worry about you. Cause if you don’t tell me where I am and how to get back to Newark, I’m gonna shine my shoes with your face.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    *Prepares to be made an example of.*
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Henry was groggy and disoriented. He remembered going to sleep at the hospital, but nothing else until this very moment. He'd clearly lost time; could he have had another psychotic break? He felt his panic grow a little, but he tried to reason himself back to stability. His history meant another break unlikely; neither he nor his brother had ever displayed retrograde amnesia after a psychotic episode. Could he have been transferred? It seemed unlikely it'd happen without telling him - he was only under observation, there would be no medical reason not to let him know in advance.

When he started to notice the rest of his surroundings, it became utterly clear to him that this wasn't any kind of official thing. The room was far too richly appointed to be an NHS building, and his parents definitely couldn't afford a private consultation. Like what always happened as he became more stressed and overwhelmed, he started to doubt his own thoughts. Had he been kidnapped? It seemed likely, but could it be delusions of persecution or danger? It was a common symptom. Was any of this really happening?

"Are any of you hurt?"
    This rather ominously phrased statement snapped Henry out of his confusion. The man's words, and those of the young man sitting next to him forced him to calm down. It wasn't just him, there were others here, and that meant this could be actually happening. Henry quickly took stock of the older man - clearly he was an authority figure of some sort, and until you figured them out, you shut up and listened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits + Empathy to try and figure out what this guy wants to hear and what his intentions are.

Wits + Empathy: (4d10)[4][2][8][8](22)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Ma tete" A rather small dark haired girl wearing some pretty nice skirt, shirt an denim jacket wakes up and try to stand up in her chair. She slowly lift her hands to her haching head, she seems rather out of it. She feels weak and groggy. "Ou suis je ?"

The last things she remembers was standing with her luggage near the buss station and there was a sharp pain she doesn't remember anything ? Did she pass out ? why ? it never happened to her before. A sudden thought What is she was abducted. no that's stupid, it only happen in films.

She has no idea who thiese people are but it looks like she's in some kind of school hall. Some weird cliche boarding school that she though only existed in films or overseas but she was espoused to go to a very private school, she did expect things to look different, just not that different. She must have fainted, it never happened to her before but there's a star for everything, and people brought her in.

Oh wait is that English people seems to be talking around her ? There' s a little pause as she mentally switch from on language to another. "Is this the St Exupery ?" Her mind keeps screaming there's something wrong about this whole situation, she takes a deep breath to try to think more clearly. "Did I pass out or something ?"

Spoiler
    Show
    In case it isn't obvious from context, she's saying: "... My head" "Where am I ?" and "What is going on ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-08-05 at 09:08 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The sixteen year old blond girl looks dressed for the occasion. The last thing she remembered was her parents explaining that everything would be alright, a spell being cast, then darkness.

But now, there's nothing but the picture of an absurdly expensive place. There's a group of other teenagers near her, and those'll be weighed up later.

A quick personal inventory reveals no blood or missing limbs. She's perfectly willing to let the others talk while she weighs up this man. This is what she's been prepared for, chosen for. Look at all the symbols, see what they represent.

Show
    Intelligence + Occult + Skill Specialty (Mage Orders) - Spooked = 6 dice.

One success
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2014-08-05 at 09:36 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The man turned to look at the boy. There wasn't the lifeless vague power of the overbearing controller in this man, his every moment was tinted with emotion, over flowing with intent, and his slow movements seemed the preludes to a lunge. Turning slowly to face Yolo. The man's face twisted slightly into a forced plateau of emotion as he spoke "I would like to see you try. Boy."

Still keeping his eyes on Yolo he responded to the girl who had just spoken "you are within a school for those of your kind. I have been ordered to inform you of the basics of what is required of you, then to assign you students to inform you of the basics. Which of you already know what you are?"

What do you do?

Spoiler: Shadowy (Occult + Intelligence) : 1 Success :
    Show
    While searching the room you see carvings, sculptures and glass panes you fail to understand but a central symbol on a wall carving behind the raised platform is one you recognize with out fail, with a mix of fear and familiarity.

The High Speech rune for the Seers of the Throne.

Spoiler: Green Bean (Wits + Empathy) : 2 Successes :
    Show
    What Henry picks up most is how emotionally removed from the situation the man seems to be. He doesn't seem threatened or engaged by it at all, nor he doesn't seem to share their feeling of entrapment. He's here because he needs to be but the idiom no dog in this fight seems to fit him down to the ground. This is a job to him, he's just going through the motions.

Which if this is some sort of kidnapping is actually more unsettling.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

The girl looks confused. people like her ? She has no idea what he means.
    She knew she was going to a boarding school but this welcome is just weird.

Spoiler
    Show
    It may seems like my character is slwo on catching up but in her defense she was told she was was going to a boarding school, she woke up in one so 'hey I must have ben aducted' is not what come to her mind. Expect "hilarity" (and by that I mean panicking) to ensue once she catch up to the afct she's been kidnaped
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-08-05 at 10:44 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    "I would like to see you try. Boy."
    His eyes widen with anger in the face of being tempted, no, disrespected like this. This jackass has the nerve to slip Yolo a roofie or whatever they did, bring him to some stuffy boarding school against his will, freak him the hell out, and on top of that imply that Yolo is sawft?!

“Your wish is my command, mother******!” Yolo says as he puffs up, bringing his arms out to the side, flexing what was impressively wiry muscle for a sixteen year old. He then shot out from where he was standing, rushing the threatening man, throwing a right hook at the man’s jaw.

Spoiler
    Show
    This will not go well. Spending a willpower to have 1 non-chance die.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4596791/ - Failure. And because I know he’s going to kick my ass anyway, I’ll make it a dramatic failure and take that free beat.

My vice is Pride, so I’ll probably recoup that willpower. =P
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The man sidesteps the blow like Yolo was moving in slow motion and then seems to look at him with a mix of pity and annoyance "you remind me of a young me."

He brings forward his open palm and beneath his cloths a geometric pattern shines through the thick fabric, a pulsing red glowing vaguely though the fabric of his right arm. It slams into Yolo and a moaning pulses through the room and fades immediately, Yolo fading out of existence with it.

With Yolo gone the man brushes his hands together as if he had just taken out the trash "so trust me that kid had that coming."

He takes out a handkerchief and cleans off his hand before turning back to the others "NOW, where was I?"

Shadow Realm : Albion Tetrarchy

Being pulled across the Gauntlet, the boundary between the Material and the Spirit World is a feeling that can only be compared to being spared too thin over too much bread and awakening to a bad LSD trip. When Yolo collected himself he was standing in a trench at the center of a bombed out field, like something out of an old movie about the Great War. Looking up the sky stretches out a sickly green with blisters of red. It seems to be night but it's hard to tell for sure beyond it being dark. It takes Yolo only a moment to notice the near absolute silence of the place.

He can't tell what is beyond the field surrounding the trench from his location standing in one, but even with the mud climbing out of it doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

What do you do?

Spoiler: SuperCracker OoC:
    Show
    You take 2 Beats (taking a Dramatic Failure, Resolving the Spooked Condition), get 1 Willpower back for fulfilling your Pride Vice.

You also take the following Condition:

'Trapped In The Shadow Realm' (Temporary/Circumstance) :
    Your poor choices have come back to bite you. You have become trapped in the Spirit Realm by another, or are you as trapped as it first seems?

Resolve: Resolve this condition when you leave the Shadow Realm for the Material. Take a Beat.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo
    Active Effects
    Organic Resilience, Potency 2: 1 Scene, 3/1 Armor
    Transform Self, Potency 4: Claws (Unarmed Attacks are +1 damage Lethal), Cat Eyes (No penalties from darkness), 8 Eyes (+2 bonus to perception), Spider Leaping (+2 to athletics)

“Yeah, well blast from the past,” Yolo says, turning into the palm strike, willing to take whatever punishment the guy was dishing out, as he brought his left hand around for another strike. Unfortunately, before he can finish said strike or his wonderfully eloquent quip, he finds himself… somewhere else. “…b**ch.”

He staggers under the feeling of dizziness that accompanies leaving reality as he knows it. His vision goes blurry for a moment, causing Yolo to bang his fist against his temple in an effort to right himself.

“What the f…” He looks around at the world around him. He recognizes it. It’s that place he’s seen before, with those things he talks to sometimes. But this, he doesn’t recognize this place.

Ironically, the apprehension he had about that man was gone. He’d taken his shot and he’d lived. “I gotta find that guy and deck him.” But to do that, he realizes he needs to find a way out. And with this place looking like a war-zone, he had to be ready for war.

He exhaled a deep breath and brought his hands together like something he’d learned in his karate class. When in doubt, be tough… be strong… be more than human. Weaving his will, using his own body as the canvass for art, he first makes his body more resilient, denser bones, thicker skin. Then, weaving stronger magics, he gets a little crazier with it.

His eyes split once, becoming four. Those eyes split again, becoming eight. The eyes each take on a golden glow in the night. His muscles shift within him, growing more capable of leaping distances. And finally, the tips of his fingernails elongate in deadly claws.

He takes a moment to admire his handiwork, that which was possible with this power he'd awakened to. Hell yes. With that, he climbs out of the trench. Time to look for a way out.

Spoiler: Casting
    Show
    Casting Organic Resilience first.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4596843/ Two successes. I now have 3/1 Armor active.

Next, casting Transform Self.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4596845/ Four successes! I can get 4 features. Choices are up above in the small text.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2014-08-06 at 12:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Morty groaned out, the last thing he remembered was laying his sister to rest. Her body at least, her soul was another matter. As was his, he stayed silent listening and watching as the others spoke. Some brash and bold, others wiser. They were all around his age mostly. Wherever they were this was deliberate, taken when they were off their center and mostly disoriented.

Rubbing his wrists absentmindedly He began to take in the room around him. It was Grand no doubt about it, and that worried him. Whoever had taken him and the others had resources, obviously. Morty was a little off balance and spooked, but he bit down his fear and tried to force it aside.

He watched in silence as the Young Man who looked your run of the mill street punk was sent away. Morty's eyebrows shot up, taking his glasses he wiped them with a small cloth swatch before replacing them he stands up. He was still dressed in the dour black clothes he had worn when he laid his sister to rest.

"Know what we are? Does this have something to do with the Watchtower with the Lead Coin?" His voice was strong for the most part though had that distinctive crack of someone still developing. This must be the place those others spoke off, guess they got impatient with him. That did nothing to calm his nerves.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

She watches closely as the flashy youth takes a swing at the man, and her jaw drops when she sees him disappear. She lowers her head when he turns back.

"I'm not hurt. And I know what we are. We're the Exarch's chosen. We were awakened to a higher realm to serve the will of The Father and his various aspects and to bring about a world where the sleepers know no magic, so that it may be remade into a paradise. To purge all opposition. Servants in the Iron Throne."
    She gets louder as she goes on, becoming progressively more animated.

She smiles, her eyes lighting up. "We're Seers, aren't we?"
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2014-08-06 at 12:13 AM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. Un reve.
    True, it doesn't feel like a dream, It's a lot less trippy than the usual. ven those those strange long vivid ones, and it's the first time ever it's lucid but it has to be one. Because that blusterous street tough wannabe with the ridiculous clothes just went poof. And people don't go poof unless it's a dream. QUED she's dreaming.

Show
    Wits+Int roll to realise it's not a dream

Except no. It's feeling all too real. and somethin in her scream that yes people can go "poof".

"W... W...What ?" The words 'jsut happened' don't manage to come from her lips. It doesn't take a genius to understand that from her increasingly blank voice and face that she's finaly catching up to the situation and his getting increasingly terrified. It's not a prank. It's not a dream. And she's not in kansas anymore either.".. W..Who.. are you ? what do you want ? .. I ..If it's money you want ...my parents can pa"

And then the blong girl says something about 'Exarch and 'choosen'.' Oh god she's been aducted by some kind of crazy cult. she though it was the kind of thing that only happened in stories.A crazy cult that can make people go poof. And then the word 'magic' get tossed at some point. It's crazy. It can't be happening !.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-08-06 at 12:45 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    "Know what we are? Does this have something to do with the Watchtower with the Lead Coin?"
    The figure turns to Morty "yes. It does. Here you will be taught the purpose and responsibilities of the powers you have been given. This is a school for those like you."

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    "I'm not hurt. And I know what we are. We're the Exarch's chosen. We were awakened to a higher realm to serve the will of The Father and his various aspects and to bring about a world where the sleepers know no magic, so that it may be remade into a paradise. To purge all opposition. Servants in the Iron Throne." She gets louder as she goes on, becoming progressively more animated.

She smiles, her eyes lighting up. "We're Seers, aren't we?"
    He then turns and looks to Roxanne as she finishes "Yes. We are Seers. Servants of the Rulers of all of existence. If you believed in a God before now, take solace in that they know your name, and be afraid for just that reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine
    ".. W..Who.. are you ? what do you want ? .. I ..If it's money you want ...my parents can pay."
    He looks around the cavernous space and then back to the assembled teens "We are the Prometheus University. We train those like yourselves and we invented the monetary system. What we want is all of you. All of you at your fullest potential. Normally you would awake before the entire school but I was asked to transport you and I'm not the sort to stand vigil over a bunch of kids. This also means the carrion eaters won't be picking you over before noon. So let us begin with the obvious, what questions jump to you about your new circumstances, if any?"

As Yolo emerged from the trench he saw it appeared to be cut impossibly straight through the landscape, which as far as he could tell was a series of hills, well not hills but jutting octagons of mud of varied levels through which the trench cut abruptly. In places were craters and dents where some sort of battle had broken out and just over the tallest nearby octagon Yolo could see a great humanoid skeleton that with no other word for it his brain assigned the species of 'giant'.

In places there was grass but it didn't move and seemed to of nearly random shades of greens and oranges, as if the world couldn't decide on one color. It was then that something bounded over the edge of a nearby Octagon and raised towards him its hand outstretched.

The figure cleared as it rapidly approached, a girl not much older than himself in strange clothing. She shouted as she held the ball of energy in her hand "Get back in the trench if you want to live!"

The girl seemed to be running in an arc around Yolo and heading for the trench herself.

What do you do?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo
    Active Effects
    Organic Resilience, Potency 2: 1 Scene, 3/1 Armor
    Transform Self, Potency 4: Claws (Unarmed Attacks are +1 damage Lethal), Cat Eyes (No penalties from darkness), 8 Eyes (+2 bonus to perception), Spider Leaping (+2 to athletics)

These new eyes of his were useful for seeing in the dark. That time spent watching Animal Planet had paid off a little bit. The more he looked around, the stranger this place was. The skeleton of a giant was in plain view. Yolo didn’t have much time to admire it or explore before a girl came hauling butt towards the trench he’d just gotten out of.

He was getting ready to scoff and tell her that he’s not s… s… sawft when he figured what the hell, sit in a trench with a pretty girl then play hero. YOLO.

He hopped back down gingerly into the trench, not bothering to cower behind it too much.

“Hold on, hold on girl,” he says, looking her over, particularly that ball of energy. He couldn’t do anything like that. “What’s the problem?”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2014-08-06 at 12:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The girls looks YOLO up and down, does a double take despite her own strange appearance, and then seems to reabsorb the flames of the fireball into her hand. she sighs and sits down in the trench, ignoring the muck "You SLF? Undeadites?" She sighed and pulled something from a pack on her leg, a P99 Walther, checking the clip and reloading it "what a bloody waste of moolah ... You're a fresher aren't you? Why haven't I seen you before? I was there for the last arrival party and I didn't see any kids like you."

The girl pointedly doesn't explain the danger she is hiding from but checks the sky while clutching her weapon.

What do you do?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo
    Active Effects
    Organic Resilience, Potency 2, 1 scene: 3/1 Armor
    Transform Self, Potency 4, 1 scene: Claws (Unarmed Attacks are +1 damage Lethal), Cat Eyes (No penalties from darkness), 8 Eyes (+2 bonus to perception), Spider Leaping (+2 to athletics)

She rattles off a few names that he’s never heard of before. Yolo figures they’re gang names of some sort. Yolo doesn’t particularly care for gangs. Girl’s packing heat too. That’s something else Yolo doesn’t much care for.

“Not with any of those chumps. I’m Yolo, girl. That’s all you got to know-know,” he says, making the cadence and the syllables mirror each other. That kind of thing plays great in Jersey. “Look, I ain’t with whoever’s trying to mess you up out here. But the quicker you get to telling me who is, the quicker I can regulate. We can both get outta here together.”

He held out a clawed hand to her.

“Believe that.”

For all his eccentricities, he meant it. Yolo’s not about to let someone get killed out here, especially a cute girl.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2014-08-06 at 01:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

She looked to the clawed hand but didn't take it, as if it was radioactive, and Yolo got the impression it wasn't because it was clawed. She motioned with her free hand to the edge of the trench "Exarchs preserve us you are a fresher ... out there there's a Knight of ... I think Fire maybe, I think it's loyal to the SLF's Court. They tend to like Fire Spirts. Anyway that Spirit carpeted bombed the other Mages I was here with. I got hired on by a Moros who wanted to go spirit poaching, with two others. We didn't make it far before one of those things came on us . . . I don't know if the others got away but if they did they're long gone now."

She looked Yolo up and down again, then with a sigh said "Kame, by the way. If you want a name."

She glanced to the sky again "I'm guessing it's too much to ask that you have the magic to get us out of here, right?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I'd ask what authority you had if I didn't already suspect the answer." The same bull**** my dad fed me all my life. From one hell right into another. Morty took in a calming breath, suddenly that 'punks' act seemed mild in comparison to the thoughts floating around in Morty's brain. "Can we leave if we wanted?" He already suspected the answer to that too. In fact most of the questions he came up with probably had the same vague answers as those he always posed to his father. He was in a place controlled by Nutbags who could bend reality.

Under his breath he muttered something about same **** new day. "What about clothes, supplies? Food and basic necessities?"

Spoiler
    Show

I'm really wondering if I should roll for Morty to repress an 'uuuggghhhh' and Eyeroll.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Henry nearly had a panic attack when the other boy talked trash and was disappeared, but all this talk of Exarchs, towers, and coins oddly reassured him. So this was a mental institution. He didn't know why there was an older man in here with them, but all of these impossible events could easily be explained by the fact that he was having another psychotic break. Sure, he felt surprisingly self-aware for someone in the middle of a meltdown, but clearly he wasn't, because self-aware, sane people didn't see other people magically disintegrate. He knew this moment of lucidity wouldn't last long.

Henry looked around the ominous, be-symboled room. "Where's the call button for the doctor? I'm seeing things again."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo

He shrugged and took his hand back. “Your loss, girl.” He listened to what she told him about the thing she was running from. Knight of Fire. A lot of the other stuff she said was kind of gibberish to Yolo, so all he really took from it was that some Fire Knight was trying to gank her and her pals.

“Alright, Kame,” he says, standing up tall and pulling himself up enough to peer over the edge of the trench with those strange mutated eyes of his. “I ain’t got the mojo to get us back there. But I do got two things goin’ for me. I can talk to these things that live over here. And if that fails, I can kick some major ass. So if you wanna come with me, we’ll figure it out and get outta here, maybe find your friends. If ya don’t, well… have fun in the trench.”

With that, he’s tired of cowering, he pulls himself back up onto the field and begins to make his way through. That said, he’s not a total idiot. He can use the element of surprise. So he sneaks ahead, unfortunately badly.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Catherine would probably have lots of question if she dared ask, she has no idea what nay fo those poeple are talkign ,out, but right now she's a little too overloaded and scarred with the situation. If she keep on cowering in her chair, maybe the crazy fanatic kidnappers will forget she even exists.

"Where's the call button for the doctor? I'm seeing things again."
    "If it''s your nightmare rather than mine I'd really like if you could wake up soon, please ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-08-06 at 09:21 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Roxanne looks around at the other students, and their reactions. Fear, disbelief, violence, suspicion. It would appear that not everyone is as well-adjusted as she is.

Oh well. They'll come around once they're sure it's all safe. After all, the Seers of the Throne have everyone's best interest at heart.

She speaks up. "I've only one. When do we start?"
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

As YOLO goes to climb out of the trench Kame seems to reach out to him "NO, We need to pl-" then seeming him poorly try to slink out of the trench and ending up stumbling over the top she forces herself to scramble after him "I hate freshers . . ."

Once out of the trench it takes YOLO only a few moments to scan the sky for the entity that has clearly caught sight of he and Kame. The creature has the silhouette of a squid but the body of it is formed from eternally burning wooden debris, like the compressed carcass of a home, that terminates in a dozen tendrils of constant aqua blue flames. Rolling off the torso of blacked wooden floating and rotating pieces are paths of smoke so large and so rigid that the sooty air seems to form stag horns near as large as the creature's body. Around all of this eight orbs of various colors, all shades of flame, orbit like furious eyes. The whole entity must be about twenty feet long.

Instantly Kame's P99 was pointing into the air as the creature turned on a dime in the air ahead and swerved towards them "YOLO, are you STARTING to appreciate why a brought the gun?!"

What do you do?

"I'd ask what authority you had if I didn't already suspect the answer."
    As he only half cared about Morty's response the man's answer was said while glancing towards the others "as your fellow new student can inform you the Exarchs rule reality, they are the highest authority. They are the reason most of the Sleeper populace get to happily live as unknowing cogs, without the monsters that could end them at a moments notice."

"Can we leave if we wanted?"
    "Only when acting on behalf of the school, or upon graduating," this time he looks back to Morty "and if you had any idea of the dangers of an untrained Mage of your age to those around you, and the kinds of things that would enjoy nothing more than chewing you up, you might well be more than grateful for the opportunity.

"What about clothes, supplies? Food and basic necessities?"
    "A handful of spare changes of your school uniform will be found in your allocated room. Basic food stuffs and water are supplied. Other students charge for other services and goods if you desire them," he seemed now to getting a little tired of this, as explaining this place was clearly not his job he was starting to sound a tad bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    "Where's the call button for the doctor? I'm seeing things again."
    "You're not mad, and if you want to survive I'd stop pretending you believe you are. You Awoke, which says more than anything that some part of you knows, has the Gnosis, the understanding, that all that has been said here is true."

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    "I've only one. When do we start?"
    The man turns back to Roxanne and grims, his whole demeanor dropping an octave of fierceness while a chill runs down Henry's back for a reason he can't place "I'm sorry guys. We totally got off on the wrong foot and that was my fault. I'm just doing my job is all mates and I don't want you guys to think this place is hell, especially since you'll be here for a while," he points to Roxanne "you keep an eye on these folks if you can. You've got your head together. Help 'em out and they might just let you be Auger."

The figure turns and whistles loudly, then looking back to the students "one last thing. Don't give anyone you're real name. A real name helps people use certain incredibly dangerous magics on you, giving them a fake name hurts their ability to use that kind of magic. Under no circumstances should you give out your real name. In fact if I were you I'd discard it."

A few moments after the whistle subsides a figure emerges from the main entrance to the hall, a bowie knife in a scabbard at the side of his leg and a surprisingly well worn look about him for someone who must be seventeen or eighteen. The man who had been speaking continues as the apparent student approaches "this is Barrier, he's a Moros who'll be showing you around. He's been paid in Mana for the service so try to be polite."

The young man looks over the group and shows little emotion "okay. Let's get this started simply. Any of you Necromancers? I mean did any of you Awaken in a place that looked like a goth's wet dream or a heavy metal cover? Moros I mean. We're going to go get coffee."

What do you do?
    Last edited by The Architect; 2014-08-07 at 05:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo
    Active Effects
    Transform Self, Potency 4, 1 scene: Claws (Unarmed Attacks are +1 damage Lethal), Cat Eyes (No penalties from darkness), 8 Eyes (+2 bonus to perception), Spider Leaping (+2 to athletics)
    Spirit Tongue, Potency 1, 1 scene

He knows when he’s messed up, and that was when he rushed his exit. He can see that creature in the sky. It was a nasty thing of fire and smoke. Yolo imagines that he’ll burn himself punching the creature, but there may be no other option. Well, almost no other option.

“Hey Kame,” he says to her as the thing speeds towards them. “You go, run back into the trench. I’ll keep the thing on me so you can get outta here.” If she stalls at all, he looks at her and says it again. “I said go!”

Quickly he focuses his will once more. He wasn’t very good at interacting with things on this side of the fence, but he could do it. Yolo gives it all he’s got, and once the power is in place, he looks up to the speeding creature and calls out to it in a manner it would understand.

“Hey yo! Come over here. I got something to say to ya.” Granted, the thing didn’t look like it wanted to talk, but at the very least… Yolo hoped he might draw its ire. Was this dangerous? Absolutely. But he didn’t want that girl to pay for his mistake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spent a willpower and cast Spirit Tongue. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4598568/ 1 success
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"You're not mad, and if you want to survive I'd stop pretending you believe you are. You Awoke, which says more than anything that some part of you knows, has the Gnosis, the understanding, that all that has been said here is true."
    Henry stopped at this, and considered the man's words. Wrong-footed and semi-panicked as he was, he'd not payed any attention to the Awakened part of himself. None of this was foreign to him, though before he'd dismissed it as a sign of his own mental illness. There was only one way to confirm or deny this; something he'd done it the first day of institutionalization, quite unintentionally, and after the results had promised himself never to do it again. These however, were special circumstances. Henry concentrated...

Spoiler
    Show
    Improvising two spells, Aura Perception and Multi-Tasking. Gnosis + Mind on both.

Aura Perception: One success

Multi-Tasking: One success

Trying to discern the emotional state of everyone here.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Kame does as she is bid and flees for the trench as the creature descends from the sky. The smoke that billows with it begins to fill the air close by and in moments each breath possess the rough texture of dispersed smoke. A voice in an alien tongue comes forth from within the debris and it sounds like alien words being screamed in the pain of some distant chorus, a simulacrum of a burning victim's voice "burn. Who? What? Burns."

What do you do?

Spoiler: OoC:
    Show
    Barrier's Aura:
    A mingle of lavender and light green indicating annoyance and distrust.

The Older Mage's Aura:
    Unnaturally muted and mingled colors, no strong or significant emotion whatsoever.

Other players should include their emotional states in their next posts for Henry.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Yolo
    Active Effects
    Spirit Tongue, Potency 1, 1 scene

He doesn’t bolt, not just yet. Though part of him, as much as he’ll never ever admit it, would definitely like to do so. Yolo stands his ground, his arms folded in front of himself, eight eyes watching the Knight of Fire (or whatever she called it) that hovered just before him.

“Who burns stuff?” He said, not quite catching on, but he rolled with it. You burn stuff, my man,” Yolo said, giving a thrusting pointed finger to the creature. “And hey, I don’t have no problem with you burning stuff. I just don’t want you to burn me and my friend here. Maybe you and me can come to an understanding. Help each other out.”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2014-08-07 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Roxanne inwardly beams at the praise. Half a pylon that thinks they're insane isn't exactly ideal material, but at least there wouldn't be too many challengers to being leader. Unless the loudmouth from earlier is still around. He could be troubling.

She nods politely at Barrier. "Nice to meet you. I'm an Obrimos, I've been briefed a little before coming here."

She decides to leave out the fact she doesn't drink coffee. "You can all call me Rose."

Spoiler: Emotional state
    Show
    Rose is undeniably smug. With an edge of tension, but she's feeling superior and in control.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

If Henry hadn't been seated, he would've taken a step back. He could feel his mind splitting, and as he panicked further, the second and third mental iterations of himself shared in it, trying to make sense of his sudden synaesthesia that washed his world in colours. "No, no, no, no, no. This isn't right, it's too much, it's all falling apart." He started breathing heavily in panicked bursts.

He stood up, and pointed at the one figure in the room not awash in bright colours. "No, I was right the whole time. I'm ill and so are you and you're MAKING IT WORSE. Stop it!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Presence + Persuasion: 0 successes

I'll voluntarily upgrade it to a dramatic failure.