New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Nova Comics

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Nova Comics

So I just checked out the current Sam Alexander's iteration as a Nova and actually enjoyed this. Heck, it's even better than the one from Ultimate Spiderman (on the bright side, that terrible show actually has Spider-Verse that didn't rely on mortality rate ). I don't know but I kinda like Jesse Alexander as a good side character. Like showing how a retired Space Hero would spend his life on Earth (maintaining employment, alcoholism, and PTSD considering that Marvel Universe is kinda like Warhammer 40k but only hopeful to some degree) and even got expelled from Highschool as a result. I kept wondering if he ever thought of "hey family, let's go to a park on weekend and reveal my secret (the iconic scene from Superman)" that might resolve some speculation
    Spoiler: Original Sins issue
    Show
    Then again, the black novas might discover him.
    No offense to Richard Rider fans but I think that might have to do with me being new to comics in general and missing out on Richard Rider's storyline. But kinda feel sad that the benevolent galactic polity ended up being a receiving end of cosmic terror, like a Marvel equivalent of Minas Tirith or Cadia.
    Spoiler: Secret Wars Speculation
    Show
    Just want him to see the disappointment on an arrogant teenager being the last Nova. Heck, he might even decide to become a mentor to him in reluctance.

or some storyline where everyone in [town, superheroes, or city] becoming Nova (think Dragonballs or Asura's Wrath).
    Any Opinions?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Nova Comics

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicBook/Nova
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Nova
    Anyone with TV Trope accounts, I feel that these pages need improvements.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I like new Nova alright, though the last volume with Richard Rider was great. You really should get your hands on Annihilation, Nova vol 4, annihilation: conquest, and Thanos Imperative. That whole cosmic crossover period that started with Annihilation, including Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova, was just really good.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, with a mentor. That Jesse will get back to Earth and be disappointed in Sam? Or you mean Richard Rider? He's gone, dead or lost in the cancerverse, no sign that he's coming back. You never know with comics, of course, but there hasn't been any talk of it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudd View Post
    I like new Nova alright, though the last volume with Richard Rider was great. You really should get your hands on Annihilation, Nova vol 4, annihilation: conquest, and Thanos Imperative. That whole cosmic crossover period that started with Annihilation, including Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova, was just really good.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, with a mentor. That Jesse will get back to Earth and be disappointed in Sam? Or you mean Richard Rider? He's gone, dead or lost in the cancerverse, no sign that he's coming back. You never know with comics, of course, but there hasn't been any talk of it.
    I meant Richard Rider.
    To be fair, Superheroes can come back alive for no reasons and Sam can still use Novaforce (granted that his dad was a member of black ops but he did say about Nova Corps still being active). And Secret Wars is coming up and it might be possible that every iterations of Novas might show up.
    Still, I wonder if they plan to make prequel on Jesse Alexander.
    Here's what I got
    - He's not amnesiac Rich or Rob Rider (Eva said that both of them dated as a teenagers and chose her over Jesse's mother).
    - Based on his rank and failed to graduate from Highschool, he may have served as a Nova since teenager (possibly recruited by Rich Rider himself or kidnapped by Blacknovas).
    - Stupid Speculation: He might be one of the last Xandarian or Earthborn Xandarian (may or may not affect the story), I mean there's a chance that a curious scientist, a crashed pilot who decided to "blend in" with a native or refugee who ran away from Annihilation Wave.
    Note: I kept wonder that every Nova iterations happened to be Highschool dropouts (especially Richard Rider, Jesse Alexander. and possibly Sam since he even noticed the pattern).
    Last edited by t209; 2015-04-09 at 12:41 AM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Nova Issue 29
    Show
    Sam Alexander robbed a bank while wearing a Deadpool's mask. And we meet Richard Rider's parents. I wonder if Robbie Rider was okay .
    - *Headpal* SAM!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOUR DAD MURDERED BY BOUNTY HUNTER? Guess that's what happened when Jesse's message was sent to now-empty house.

Seriously, the comic Sam Alexander is way better than that arrogant jerk from Ultimate Spiderman unless they give him a tragic backstory.
    I wonder what if
    - Kaelynn became a Nova
    - Deadpool became a Nova
    - Spiderman became a Nova (not the whinny one, something like this). "Your Friendly Cosmic Hero, Nova is here".
    - Everyone became a Nova, like Spiderisland and Hulked Out Heroes (I keep wondering it look like an episode from Dragonball Z).
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3