New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 7: Puzzleball Z

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    This is going to be Off Topic, so please bear with me.

In the GiTP forums, the people I'm most familiar and friendly with are on this thread, so I'm making this post here instead of the friendly banter forums. Was hoping the people here could direct some positive thoughts my way. My knees have started to hurt me quite a good deal recently(to the point that they are almost at my backs level of pain), and I finally broke down and went to the doctors yesterday. My doctor immediately ordered bloodwork and told me he suspects one of two things: Lymes disease, or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Right now I am fervently hoping for the Lymes Disease diagnosis, because if it's R.Arthritis and it spreads to my back I will be in a wheelchair a solid 20 years sooner then the doctors told me I"d be there(due to my back), ie: The moment it spreads there will be the moment I lose mobility. I've been stressing like hell over it, and I know I will be all weekend, was hoping I could get some positive vibes from the people I consider friends here on this forum to help me banish the negativity broiling in my mind.
    well thats what i been learning for the past six months and graduated today! lyme disease is characterized by the formation of a "target" like skin rash or coloration at the site of infection. lyme disease can caise arthritis. as for r.arthritis, its an autoimmune disease thats chronic. there are potential graft vs disease treatments that show promising therapy. i dont know you personally so i cant say. otherwise, if you feel pain with paralysis below the waist, it can be a pinched/pinned nerve in the lower spine. continous stimulation of the nerve slowly progressed up to the location of the spinal disks. other acute arthritis could be possible too but they are treatable. my jobs actually performing.the bloodworks so i hope this helps.
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    well thats what i been learning for the past six months and graduated today! lyme disease is characterized by the formation of a "target" like skin rash or coloration at the site of infection. lyme disease can caise arthritis. as for r.arthritis, its an autoimmune disease thats chronic. there are potential graft vs disease treatments that show promising therapy. i dont know you personally so i cant say. otherwise, if you feel pain with paralysis below the waist, it can be a pinched/pinned nerve in the lower spine. continous stimulation of the nerve slowly progressed up to the location of the spinal disks. other acute arthritis could be possible too but they are treatable. my jobs actually performing.the bloodworks so i hope this helps.
    Yeah, I knew about the target(Lymes disease is fairly common occurrence in this area of Maryland), and I had my wife do a full body search of my body looking for the bulls-eye mark, and there was absolutely nothing. We were both hoping to find one because she read the same thing you just spoke about, that Lymes Disease can cause Arthritis, specifically in the knees(that was listed as a primary symptom on several sites).

Apparently Rheumatoid Arthritis seems to be common in my family, as a matter of fact my favorite sister suffers from it rather badly >< I very much worry due to my current injuries to my back(3 crushed verterbrae, several slipped discs and a handful of pinched nerves), if the R.Arthritis starts to develop there it will make my current pain levels(which are painful but manageable) shoot through the roof. My wife went to college to be a nurse, and my sister(the aforementioned one) has been a nurse for 2 decades, and they both agree that if it spreads, I'll practically need a morphine drip that I can control just to make the pain manageable again :-(.

Anyways, I greatly appreciate the well-wishes and positive thoughts from everyone. It's nice to know that people do care :) Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be neither and maybe I've just had my cartilage worn down or something that can be fixed via surgery(not that I'm fond of going under the knife, but compared to the other two choices, that one is a hell of a lot more preferable :).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-08-23 at 02:24 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    This is going to be Off Topic, so please bear with me.

In the GiTP forums, the people I'm most familiar and friendly with are on this thread, so I'm making this post here instead of the friendly banter forums. Was hoping the people here could direct some positive thoughts my way. My knees have started to hurt me quite a good deal recently(to the point that they are almost at my backs level of pain), and I finally broke down and went to the doctors yesterday. My doctor immediately ordered bloodwork and told me he suspects one of two things: Lymes disease, or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Right now I am fervently hoping for the Lymes Disease diagnosis, because if it's R.Arthritis and it spreads to my back I will be in a wheelchair a solid 20 years sooner then the doctors told me I"d be there(due to my back), ie: The moment it spreads there will be the moment I lose mobility. I've been stressing like hell over it, and I know I will be all weekend, was hoping I could get some positive vibes from the people I consider friends here on this forum to help me banish the negativity broiling in my mind.
    I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it works out in your favour.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi and Ty I didn't know about the gung-ho colkab. I ran it once hope I did it right got 5 drops but no skill ups. Shoukd I have waited for the 2x levelling thing? I also got
    An akai. A salamander and a crazy Cathy. Should I just eat them ?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Banned

Crazy Cathy is good for low cost dungeons, but they will probably release this dungeon again by the time you have to worry about that. Go ahead and feed her away if you want.

And sucks. No skillups huh? Oh, the event ended. Butts. <__<

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Well I got myself a 9th Angel, which I think I'll save unevo'd for low-cost dungeons.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

I still have the gung-ho colkab Do you mean the 2x skill up event ?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while these past few weeks. I've been very busy with moving across the state, and this week was my first week of Osteopathic Medical School! It's pretty much everything I expect - stressful, intense, chaotic... and pretty much just hell-ish in general.

@Starwulf - Hopefully all goes well and you're able to relax a little bit this weekend. Might be a bit blunt, but at this point there's not much you can do but wait on results, so try not to stress out too much. I'll throw in a prayer for you and hope that things turn out okay!

@P&D - I haven't been orbing too much over the past few weeks, so sorry for my splotchy appearances. To those of you that run Ronia teams and have FALuci in your box, run EVA collab as much as possible! FALuci has 16 skillups, and having him ready on turn 1 is a huge boom for certain descends. I know of a few people over on the pad forums that have max skilled a few FAL's (though that seems a bit crazy to me!). Since I won't be playing as much I went ahead and threw all my plus eggs at Ronia instead of waiting for the last few. I'll end up spending a bit more gold this way but I hope the extra pal points offsets that cost.

In any case, it's good to be back - I'm not sure I'll be posting much because I have immense amounts of studying to do, but I'll try to stay active enough to have my leads available for those who need them.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Levi. I did send you a friend invite. I will have to clean out friends then could you accept it ?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feistylady View Post
    Levi. I did send you a friend invite. I will have to clean out friends then could you accept it ?
    sure can! my ID should be in the OP

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
    Hello everyone!

@P&D - I haven't been orbing too much over the past few weeks, so sorry for my splotchy appearances. To those of you that run Ronia teams and have FALuci in your box, run EVA collab as much as possible! FALuci has 16 skillups, and having him ready on turn 1 is a huge boom for certain descends. I know of a few people over on the pad forums that have max skilled a few FAL's (though that seems a bit crazy to me!). Since I won't be playing as much I went ahead and threw all my plus eggs at Ronia instead of waiting for the last few. I'll end up spending a bit more gold this way but I hope the extra pal points offsets that cost.

In any case, it's good to be back - I'm not sure I'll be posting much because I have immense amounts of studying to do, but I'll try to stay active enough to have my leads available for those who need them.
    Welcome back.

I've been farming Evo Collab with all available stamina to rack up the sixth angels. Fed a few evo'd before the event ended, and have 12 more sitting in my box. Aiming to get up to 50+ in my box before the end of the collab so that I cna have a decent skill up on FALucifer. That could end up only being like 3-4 level ups if the luck hates me, but could also be a lot more.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I unlocked Challenge Mode recently, so after catching up on box space, I've still got a few stones left over. As the only gods I have at the moment are one of each Odin, would it be worth it at all to roll on the EVA machine, or should I just save my stones for the next godfest? (I really want a Haku, but I'm aware of the futility of chasing a specific monster. :3 There's no particular pattern to which series are featured in godfests, is there?)
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Welcome back.

I've been farming Evo Collab with all available stamina to rack up the sixth angels. Fed a few evo'd before the event ended, and have 12 more sitting in my box. Aiming to get up to 50+ in my box before the end of the collab so that I cna have a decent skill up on FALucifer. That could end up only being like 3-4 level ups if the luck hates me, but could also be a lot more.
    Yep! FALuci is a staple in a dark based Ronia team (just like Shiva is a staple on red based Ronia). The exception is that FALuci can kill light enemies with his active. I forget specifically the descend, but there are descends with skill-locks making Ronia hurt. Therefore, you can ronia active, get your board set up, use FALuci to kill the light based enemy - your board carries over so you can bypass the skill lock. Having him skilled up makes this possible because those descends have very few floors.

Personally, I think I'm currently on the upper side of the bell curve for FA skillups (which is fantastic because I generally have awful luck with skillups). I've fed him ~15-18 of the angels and have him at skill level 5 so far. I'll be running EVA until the end of the collab and saving all of the angels for evo's and skillups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Hm, I unlocked Challenge Mode recently, so after catching up on box space, I've still got a few stones left over. As the only gods I have at the moment are one of each Odin, would it be worth it at all to roll on the EVA machine, or should I just save my stones for the next godfest? (I really want a Haku, but I'm aware of the futility of chasing a specific monster. :3 There's no particular pattern to which series are featured in godfests, is there?)
    EVA machine has a lot of really good low cost monsters, and a few that are worth evo'ing. The one that comes to mind is Shinji&Kaworu with their blue based morningstar. That machine is packed full of attacker mons, so if you're working on or would like to work with an attacker team its definitely worth rolling. Personally, I don't really like attackers, and my low cost team is going to be physical lead with red chaser so I haven't rolled at all on the machine.

Yes, chasing a particular monster is futile - especially the special god series (Odin, Metatron, Sonia, Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang). There is also no order in the godfests, so if you're hunting a specific monster you pretty much just need to stockpile the free stones and wait around until a particular godfest rolls around.
    Last edited by Levictus; 2014-08-24 at 09:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Cleared legend evangelion just now. Almost didn't, but managed a huge swing when the boss was at 1/3hp with 1turn left. 18 combos at x16 (Bastet//DQXQ, thx Soepvork) floored him. Got my stone, the drop, the miniboss drop, and Isis a level (though no skillups, sadly). Should've brought Jotunn instead of Echidna: I forgot that the bosses had AT Field, but it all worked out ok. No Tamadra, only managed a C rank, but I still cleared it. Pretty happy with myself. Maybe I'll give Wind Mechdragon Legend another shot today.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Haven't been posting much. Haven't had much to say, to be honest.

I did recently ditch a whole load of skill-up fodders. ECO Salamanders. They're just too much of a pain to evolve for a monster I'm not even planning on using. I fed them off to the red evangelion monsters for Isis skill-ups instead. And that has left me plenty of space for skill-up monsters from Ocean Princess Dragon, which I'll feed off next event.

Events though. I always think it'll be nice to get away from events for a while so I can concentrate on grinding xp in the normal dungeons, but man do I ever miss the x2 skill-up rate.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Heroes descended tomorrow. Im going to take a hack at it with my standard U&Y team. U&Y, D/L Hades, D/L Batman, G/D Ceres, Kirin, and U&Y friend lead. Average level 72 (pulled down by my lvl 38 batman). Any tips aside mass attack the masks and kill off 2 vampires to stall on the third for skills? Which boss would people advise taking down first?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Heroes descended tomorrow.
    What? Where did you hear that?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    What? Where did you hear that?
    pdx lol. the events are so empty this week~
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

19. - Top - End - #349

Yeah it's on pdx's schedule.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Events though. I always think it'll be nice to get away from events for a while so I can concentrate on grinding xp in the normal dungeons, but man do I ever miss the x2 skill-up rate.
    Word.

And heroes tomorrow? That would be weird. Tomorrow is when whatever replaces wind mechdragon drops. I hope it's regulus, not two heroes...

21. - Top - End - #351

Pad guide and pdx are telling me that we get Noble Mechdragon and Mystic Fire Dragon for a week each starting tomorrow, plus heroes for the day. But I guess that could be a mistake.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Heroes descended tomorrow. Im going to take a hack at it with my standard U&Y team. U&Y, D/L Hades, D/L Batman, G/D Ceres, Kirin, and U&Y friend lead. Average level 72 (pulled down by my lvl 38 batman). Any tips aside mass attack the masks and kill off 2 vampires to stall on the third for skills? Which boss would people advise taking down first?
    Honestly, if you can stall out the vampire long enough to get there with all your skills up, Delay + Hades/Kirin Gravities + 2 U&Y actives for more reliable leadership activation coming from a leveled team of gods.. will probably kill the Heroes before it even matters which one you take out first.

That said, if you don't manage to one-shot both of them, take out Highlander first. If you have enough HP and decent RCV you can trade hits with Berserk forever (and his defense is low enough that you can still make progress chipping him down when you fail to activate U&Y), but Highlander's every-turn attack puts some serious pressure on you for a team that doesn't have many defensive abilities, especially when his hit syncs with Berserk.

Don't forget to stall on the masks too! Once you get down to one left (maybe 2 if they're not synced) you can stall for as long as you can avoid accidentally skyfalling it to death or having to kill it to clean out piled up orbs in your attacking colors. You probably want at least BatDelay ready for the Vampires, and a U&Y active wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2014-08-24 at 05:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

If I have both already, is there any real reason for me to run it again?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    If I have both already, is there any real reason for me to run it again?
    Depends on A) If you really need skill-ups for them and can't wait for Poring Tower, and B) if you want two of each to get the different uvos.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

50 stam/potential skillup seems like a poor trade

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    50 stam/potential skillup seems like a poor trade
    Indeed. There are uses for duplicates; they have the alt UVO options, and if you're dedicated to a Siegfried or CuChu team than another Sieg/CuChu is one of your best subs (or was, back when Siggy and Cuchicoo were favored. More options now and the 9x type/color teams have been merged with rowhance teams, so you need different cards to run them.)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Pal machine just gave me a second Manekimewdra.

I think it's trying to tell me to try low cost teams between ninth angel and two Manekimewdras. Ninth Angel//Helldark Demon/Hellray Demon/Unicorn/Manekimewdra//Asuka or Ninth Angel or something seems like it might be worth it, and is under 12 cost.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Banned

Derped regulus, tried to stall a little and did so on a demon/chimera/knight 1 count. Didn't do enough damage to drop two of the guys, got wiped. And no stones. But hey, still gonna roll it.

Also, lightning chasers? Yes please. Oh baby. Oh baby.

29. - Top - End - #359

so my mech dragons are ready to evolve! just need to complete the set. same goes for the mystic dragons.

skill upwise - i went 1/8 for my 2nd sun quan. had more important things to do this week since im on vacation! not so bad though, one SQ maxed and one SQ at skill lv 2. till next time! this week i have no skill ups to worry about! yay~. just gotta get 3 mechs and 5 mystics.

could do something fun xD.

then its off to hawaii on thursday for my next phase of training for 6 months.

now patiently waitinf for tamandras....

aca
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Banned

Best source of tamas is farming Thrusday and Friday dungeons I'm afraid. Even at 150 steam each and an Evo requirement, they're pretty solid. Esp. Since they have a ~50% chance of working without Evo.

Myself, I need to crack gold keeper. No idea how though...