New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Unprovable OOTS Therories

Belkar will use exploding pineapples to wound and/or kill Crystal Golem, I reason that is because both of them have used improvised thrown weapons (Pineapples and pickles respectivly) somewhat ineffectively, but when Crystal attacked Haley, Haley fooled her to check the +s on her pickles to overcome her DR (buying her time). Well guess who now has massive DR? Just a another guess nothing substantial.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

O-Chul is half-dwarf.

Evidence:
    • Inhumanly high CON
    • Relatively low CHA
    • Beard
    • It's hard to be sure, but I think he's also marginally shorter than most of the people around him.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssStalker View Post
    Crystal Golem runs into Durkula and in the ensuing battle with Haley and Durkula VS. Crystal , Roy is fighting Bozzok and possibly any more golems Grub might have brought, Durkula acts contrary to Durkon's character by (possibly) leaving Haley to die by Crystals hands (or some other willing abandonment), Elan saves her (or Bandana's) from death at Crystals hands with the Cure Wounds wand. Belkar finds his way back at some point and the final (or at least vindicated) fight against Durkula and Belkar begins.

Grub might be able to give Durkon re-control by making him an improved flesh golem, or once Durkula has been slain he does so.

Varsuvius might fight Grub, ending with Var charming him and having him turn Durkula into an improved Golem with free will.

Out of nowhere guess: MitD somehow finds his way into the scene and is angered by Crystal, who is quickly decimated./ Redcloak in Xykon come in at the worst time. These last two are with absolutely no evidence supporting, but just in case...
    How can a fight prediction like this be an "unprovable theory?" We'll know whether you're right or not in pretty short order.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Belkar was talking about Tsukiko, not Sabine.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

This ones a bit... far fetched I admit, even for this thread. Jirix is a polymorphed member of the resistance and is now secretly in control of Gobotopia. This is based off of when Thanh mentioned they had spies and I'm pretty sure the hobbo we saw was jirix sending with him. Also, he had a weird reaction when Redcloak said he had destroyed the resistance, looking more horridfied than happy. Am I insane?
    My awesome avatar drawn by Ceika!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by anthropomorphic View Post
    This ones a bit... far fetched I admit, even for this thread. Jirix is a polymorphed member of the resistance and is now secretly in control of Gobotopia. This is based off of when Thanh mentioned they had spies and I'm pretty sure the hobbo we saw was jirix sending with him. Also, he had a weird reaction when Redcloak said he had destroyed the resistance, looking more horridfied than happy. Am I insane?
    Interesting idea. In Don't Split The Party, The Giant states that Jirix is the hobgoblin cleric that Miko kills here:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0461.html

resurrected and given a promotion.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2015-02-15 at 11:21 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

True, but I think they could have replaced him you know? I'm almost 100% sure it's jirix we see thanh sends to... I just don't remember the comic number... and his reaction to the news is just so... off you know? And he crushed a demon roach which no other evil character has done
    Last edited by anthropomorphic; 2015-02-15 at 11:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218

An unnamed cleric sends a message to Jirix "The phylactery has been found". One of the hobgoblins in the foreground has a scowl on his face:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0825.html

I'm guessing that's him.

And when Jirix discovers the Resistance has been destroyed, he's in the process of being choked by Xykon:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0832.html

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

OH YEA... well there goes THAT crackpot theory... wait does that mean there is still a polymorphed hobo spy in gobotopia?
    My awesome avatar drawn by Ceika!

10. - Top - End - #220

wait does that mean there is still a polymorphed hobo spy in gobotopia?
    Quite possibly. Unless Jirix has instituted a "spy-hunting purge" which has claimed him.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2015-02-15 at 11:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221

AssassinGuy

OH YEA... well there goes THAT crackpot theory... wait does that mean there is still a polymorphed hobo spy in gobotopia?
    Doubtful. The hobbo that was polymorphed said something like "What, you guys think you invented polymorphed spies?" That line doesn't make sense unless they had already found a polymorphed spy.

12. - Top - End - #222

Maybe he was close enough to overhear that bit of conversation?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0825.html

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by orrion View Post
    Doubtful. The hobbo that was polymorphed said something like "What, you guys think you invented polymorphed spies?" That line doesn't make sense unless they had already found a polymorphed spy.
    True but heres my theory, there was more then one polymorph spy but the goblins stopped looking cause they used divination magic when the spy they caught said he was the only one, but they didn't know about the obscure feat or class ability from a source book redcloak hasn't read.

14. - Top - End - #224

RedKnightGirl

The Snarl will unmake a sufficiently devastating amount of reality but will stopped in some manner by the Order of the Stick and things will be restored either entirely or partially.

15. - Top - End - #225

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by goodpeople25 View Post
    True but heres my theory, there was more then one polymorph spy but the goblins stopped looking cause they used divination magic when the spy they caught said he was the only one, but they didn't know about the obscure feat or class ability from a source book redcloak hasn't read.
    I don't see why they would believe the spy, and even if they did there's no reason to stop searching for future spies. Also, a basic rule of spying is that you don't tell your spies how many of them there are precisely so they can't give the others away.

The major deterrent to your theory is that Polymorph has a time limit, and we know the Resistance was pretty low on casters that were above level 3 (yes, that was Clerics, but still). It's just not believable that they had a bunch of level 4+ Wizards and Sorcerers (or scrolls, etc) to continually Polymorph a bunch of spies even with the elves helping. Now that the Resistance is gone, any spy that was left at the time would quickly run out of whatever resources allowing him/her/them to remain Polymorphed.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Another MitD theory, but I think they're a Sharn. No, not the city of towers, but the strange aberration from Anauroch (I think that's where it's from, I have to check again). I'm basing this theory mostly on the part where MitD made a wish with almost no effort, and Sharn have some funky spell-like abilities.

17. - Top - End - #227

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by StriderITP View Post
    Another MitD theory, but I think they're a Sharn. No, not the city of towers, but the strange aberration from Anauroch (I think that's where it's from, I have to check again). I'm basing this theory mostly on the part where MitD made a wish with almost no effort, and Sharn have some funky spell-like abilities.
    Sharn have 3 heads, and they also have a tail instead of feet. Makes it kind of hard for MiTD to do a stomp with a tail. Description also says they prefer to float or fly, and we haven't seen the MiTD do either of those things.

Oh, and they're supposed to have a group mind.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by orrion View Post
    Sharn have 3 heads, and they also have a tail instead of feet. Makes it kind of hard for MiTD to do a stomp with a tail. Description also says they prefer to float or fly, and we haven't seen the MiTD do either of those things.

Oh, and they're supposed to have a group mind.
    The stomp could've been an Earthquake spell-like ability, we already established that it has up to 9th level spells like Wish. No real stomp needed. And for all we know, MitD is actually floating, we wouldn't know since we don't see how it moves. The only thing that I can't disprove is the lack of a group mind.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

The stomp could've been an Earthquake spell-like ability, we already established that it has up to 9th level spells like Wish. No real stomp needed. And for all we know, MitD is actually floating, we wouldn't know since we don't see how it moves. The only thing that I can't disprove is the lack of a group mind.
    As can be seen in the twelfth panel here, the MitD is shown to do a literal *stomp* from his hind...area/leg/whatever, so it seems very likely that the stomping is exactly that.
    The littlest goblin in the Playground.

Adorable avatar by Ink.

20. - Top - End - #230

AssassinGuy

You ignored the 3 heads thing.

As Torzini said, the stomp is very clearly an actual stomp. It's radiating out from him, as well, whereas when Redcloak casts Earthquake it seems to be general destruction.

Anyway, on the whole, I would say this is the wrong place for MiTD theories. There's an entire thread dedicated to that. You should post there.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Okay, new theory for Belkar's future:

He draws his last breath soon because he has an accidental encounter with the Gender-Changing belt just before he is transported into the past. He meets a dying halfling adventurer and assumes her place in history, eventually building Kraggor's Tomb before wandering out of history to die a happy old grandmother with a house full of cats.

The good news is, he installs a secret path to the gate that can only be discovered by the most convoluted series of mischances which assures Elan will find it immediately, thereby getting Oots to the Gate ahead of the bad guys.