New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep IV: Magic Babble lies within

[The Great Toddler Escape]

through the portal they go, and through it they find the Frescot hill house. It's not quite as beautiful as it will be in a month's time, but the place is already covered over in greenery. Cora tugs Thad right along to the door and strains to reach for the door handle and twist it open. She has no time to slow down!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

One early morning, Adir or Sakura might noticed a pair of large moving trucks rumble past their house, deeper into the forest. It's several hours later when they leave, and shortly after that they can hear the distant sounds of construction. It sounds about a mile or so away. Huh. Wonder who that could be.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

[Moving Day]

Adir is woken up only once the sounds of distant construction start. It isn't often, but the occasional car or unearthly Nexus vehicle does pass the road to their house. One has to come from the road and down a dirt path a little ways before they reach the hill-house, and usually that's enough of a noise buffer to keep them from getting bothered by anything.

Unfortunately, Adir's got powerful ears, and construction in the early morning time will usually startle him awake. Oh well. It takes him a moment to register that they're in the middle of the friggin' woods, quite far from Inside, or anyplace someone sane might want to build.

He takes a few minutes to check on the children - gods, he'll never get used to so many so quick - and makes his way downstairs. Sakura and the lot of them shouldn't be awake for a bit yet. He's got time to go find out what all the noise is for.

Adir strips down naked, ties a pair of pants around his neck, and shifts. A large white-tailed deer, clearly in its prime, charges out from the Frescot house. It won't take the beast long to cover one little mile - each hopping bound carries him easily over the forest's already few obstacles. Adir enjoys it, too. It's been some time since he shifted for anything but giving Laela deer-rides.

You're not allowed to go quite this fast for those.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

Mr. Prancy Pants will first notice the sweet smell of nectar and exotic flowers, far stronger than anything natural but no less appealing. After a little ways, he'll spot a large clearing where the construction is taking place, though it appears that it is only a large greenhouse that is being put up. It is far more interesting to see what is putting up the greenhouse instead.

Outside of it, using vines to lift the supports into place, is a large pale cream flower blossom, currently closed. It stands nearly as tall as a human man and is "walking" using a series of thick roots. The pace is slow though, so whatever it is certainly doesn't seem to be the kind of thing to go running someone down. How it see to put the supports into place is a mystery, but it seems to be the source of the alluring scent.

Also roaming around the site are three small figures, hardly two feet tall and with the appearance of...catgirls. They all look nearly identical as far as Adir can tell and they seem to be adults rather than children and lack any sort of clothing. They are black and orange in color with a polished look like wood grain of all things. One of them rides a support all the way up as the plant swings it, and with a pouch of tools over her shoulder begins to connect them.

5. - Top - End - #395

Moving Day

The scent of the distant site immediately starts to put Adir at ease... anything that smells that good can't be terrible. Or, in the case of the maneaters back home, it could be extremely terrible. He keeps his thoughts reserved until he nears the campsite.

At which point, the thoughts sorta leak out've his ears. What? What the hell's all this? Why are there what looks like tiny catgirl statues helping a giant plant build a greenhouse here in the middle of gods damned nowhere at all?

Ah, the Nexus. One never gets bored.

The stag decides to step into the clearing, but he remains as a deer for now. Let him see how they react, if they do anything at all. He doesn't want to spook them.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

Adir might hear a small rustling above him before a fourth catgirl lets go of a branch and tries to land on his back. If she's successful she'll wrap her arms around his neck and start squirming and purring as she rubs her cheek against his neck. She's surprisingly light all things considered. "Fewwwwd." She purrs ominously.

7. - Top - End - #397

Moving Day

The catgirl sticks the landing! And startles a fey-turned-animal that is just as easily perturbed as the real thing. Adir jumps, trying to twist his head all the way around but to no avail. He's still reasonably certain that a tiny woman is doing cat things on his back. And... wait, what did she say?

Adir jumps again, and he's shifted back before his feet hit the ground. The nude, tan fella jerks his arms up and tries to pull the tiny lady off his back, panicking only very slightly. He doesn't know what she is! She could be a monster in disguise! "Nope! Noooot food. Not food!" If he's successful, he'll hold the little creature out in front of him, pinching his brows together. Not being very mindful of his appearance, though there's only more of her kind to see for the moment. "What... what are you?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-03-24 at 07:34 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

The little catgirl pouts as she's held in front of Adir before looking towards the Greenhouse. "Not food!" She shouts, making the others pause before they all go "awwwwww". It'd be kinda cute if it wasn't in regards to wanting to devour him.

The flower pauses when the girl shouts and lets go of the support as the catgirl slides down it. The roots mean that the walking is slow, but it begins to head towards Adir as the petals of the flower peel away. Eventually they reveal a four foot tall tigress like the miniature catgirls and just as naked. Just more...detailed. Her bright orange hair goes down her back like a mane and persimmon wood like body that's literally dripping in nectar. Her body is quite fit though curvy, and the act of lounging face down on the petals to look at Adir is quite an appealing one. If he can avert his eyes downward he'll notice that her feet are fused to the inside of the flower, a part of it. "You must be the neighbors. Sorry for that. They get quite carried away when hunting." She says, purring while her tail flops back and forth.

9. - Top - End - #399

[Moving Day]

Adir's head turns on a swivel, wide-eyed at the ridiculous little cat girls. They remind him of his kids, if they weren't so... uh... hungry?

No, wait, they're exactly like his kids.

He takes a smart step back as the plant moves toward him. Of course, as the petals fall away, he has very little reason to move back - except, of course, his propriety. The colors of the forest and the dripping gold steal his eyes for the ghost of a moment. Then he watches her ankles give way to the flower, and his instinctual interest starts to dwindle away.

He's suddenly quite aware of how naked he is, and even in the presence of nudity, it doesn't feel good. He starts to untie his pants from around his neck, throwing them down so he can hop into them one leg at a time. He'd do both, if he was agile enough. While he hops, he looks at the tigress. "One of. One of the neighbors. Yeah. It's, uh, cool. Who... what is all this? Who are you?"

Adir is pretty damn fit himself. He's packed on some firm, permanent muscle in the last few years, and he considers himself stronger than he's ever been. Also... pretty good looking. Well, he considers himself very good looking, but that is Adir's opinion and it is terrible, as it is regarding everything.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-03-24 at 08:34 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Great Toddler Escape

Thad doesn't comment on the portal, having seen such things before, but he's certainly all smiles as he helps guide the children through. Even with them in tow though, he keeps an eye on their surroundings just out of caution. Along the way he'll let Cora drag him along, but he'll give Bastion a gentle tug to pull him up into his arms so he's not left behind. With a bit of work Bastion will find himself sitting on Thad's shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

through the portal they go, and through it they find the Frescot hill house. It's not quite as beautiful as it will be in a month's time, but the place is already covered over in greenery. Cora tugs Thad right along to the door and strains to reach for the door handle and twist it open. She has no time to slow down!

Cessie and Garn follows along, nothing can be really said here. The Frescots were rather... wild though. Hope they didn't influence her children too much.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

The Alarune uses one arm to cover her bust before offering her other hand to Adir, smiling. "My name is See, but please, call me Honeydew if you'd prefer. I find it easier for people to remember that. It's a pleasure to meet you. I moved out here to raise some new plants and to get away from the city. I scouted the area a while ago and finally had my chance to move." She admits before gesturing at her little companions. "These are my podlings. Somewhat intelligent, but not enough to be self reliant. Think of them as immature copies of myself."

Great Toddler Escape

"Ah! Cora? Knock first."
    Thad warns the girl before letting go of her hand so he can set Bastion back down. "You always have to make sure that they are home before trying to open a door." He explains. And no matter how wild the Frescots are, Garn will always be the stick in the mud that keeps them grounded.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

"Auntie Sakura says we dun have to." Cora explains before trying to get the door open again. Cessie of course taught Cora manners, even if the little girl can be unruly! Sakura just gives them permission to ignore those manners... "She says we can come 'n play every day." Bastion adds helpfully.

13. - Top - End - #403

Moving Day

"Um, Adir. Nice to meet you, Honey," says the stag, getting back into his comfort zone a little. He buttons his pants up and takes Honeydew's hand, giving it one courteous good shake. If his hand comes away covered in nectar he's gonna feel awful silly. He listens and grins, ears twitching off the sides of his head. "No, please, no need to explain. I meet pretty plant-women and their podlings all the time." His mouth drips with playful sarcasm.

"I'm sorry you had to see, uh," Adir twirls a finger at his pants. "I can't, ah - change - in my clothes without ruining them." He holds his hands out palms-up and shrugs. "Welcome to the neighborhood."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

"Oh, don't worry. I found it quite amusing."
    Honeydew says with a grin, revealing sharp teeth. "I suppose I ought to unpack my own clothing, but I find it necessary to sun myself as often as possible. It helps me digest my meals." She admits with a shrug before sniffing the air. "If you or your family need any sort of food, don't hesitate to ask. I plan on making custom plants. There's quite a large market for such."

15. - Top - End - #405

Cessie would say something but it's already too late once she gets there and it wasn't like she could make the rules for the Frescot house. But at least Sakura and Adir were good at keeping things 'private'. Or at least as far as Cessie had seen.
    Garn just follows along, hoping they would start the game soon.

16. - Top - End - #406

Moving Day

"Oh, don't worry. I found it quite amusing."
    Honeydew says with a grin, revealing sharp teeth. "I suppose I ought to unpack my own clothing, but I find it necessary to sun myself as often as possible. It helps me digest my meals." She admits with a shrug before sniffing the air. "If you or your family need any sort of food, don't hesitate to ask. I plan on making custom plants. There's quite a large market for such."
    Ah. Quite amusing. That's good, see? Someone's gotta be on the up and up (despite all those sharp, sharp teeth) when they find Adir amusing. "Hey, don't let me stop your... sunning yourself. I'm just a trifle allergic to naked ladies," the stag jokes, rather terribly. He matches her grin with a far less spiny one. Until, of course, she mentions his family. "Uh, lady, I didn't say anything about a family." That grin falters a little. Seems like an awful lot to assume, even with his wedding ring. Had she done some research on them? Or was there a more sinister reason...

Okay, Adir, spool down that hard-workin' brain of yours. He realizes he's a little... naturally suspicious.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

"Oh, sorry. I could smell it is all. You smell strongly of other people, most are closely related to you."
    Honeydew points out, waving a vine dismissively before leaning closer. "Wanna tell me about them? Once I get my oven built, I'd like to stop by with some food as a way of greeting. Any allergies I should be aware of? I can't do much if pollen itself is an issue, but I can at least avoid growing specific things in case anyone else should drop by."

Toddler Escape

Cora will find Thad's grip on her hand shifting just a bit so he can lift her by one arm without hurting her. "There, now you should be able to reach." He tells her with a smile. "If we get in trouble though, I'm blaming you." He adds, teasing.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Cora giggles as they head inside, and shouts, "Laela! We're here to play!" There's a moment of silence until they can hear the thump thump thump of little feet. Laela runs out of the living room and grins at her friends. "Hi Cora!" She looks up at Thad. "Hi Bastin! Who's that?"

19. - Top - End - #409

Garn simply stands there in the doorway looking down at the small gathered group of toddlers. Where were the other two he wondered. They were a bit small but perhaps they wanted to play as well?
    Cessie keeps her distance, letting the three play by themselves now. She can't help but smile a bit though, just a few years ago they had all just been little babies barely able to speak.

20. - Top - End - #410

Moving Day

"Oh, sorry. I could smell it is all. You smell strongly of other people, most are closely related to you."
    Honeydew points out, waving a vine dismissively before leaning closer. "Wanna tell me about them? Once I get my oven built, I'd like to stop by with some food as a way of greeting. Any allergies I should be aware of? I can't do much if pollen itself is an issue, but I can at least avoid growing specific things in case anyone else should drop by."
    "They stink that bad, huh?" Adir's smile reappears. Ah. Naturally. This lady is impressive - the stag's not even sure his sense of smell is that good. "Um, no, no allergies yet. I don't think anyone in my family ever had allergies, either, so... I don't expect the kids will. And I know we're not allergic to free food." He glances around. Before telling her all about his family - which he usually never minds telling people all about - he asks, "Your, uh, little clone girlies can tell the difference between food and little fey toddlers, right?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Toddler Escape

"I'm Thad."
    He says, kneeling down with a smile to offer his hand so she can shake it. "I'm going to be their caretaker some days now." Thad explains before reaching into his pocket to pull out a green glowing orb to give to her. "They thought you'd like this. "

Moving Day

"No, they don't stink. Just you."
    Honeydew teases with a smile before giving a small nod. "They can. They assure me you merely surprised them. They don't care for surprises too much. Surprises are generally eaten, especially when they're hunting for dinner. I promise they'll leave you all alone now."

22. - Top - End - #412

[Moving Day]

"I like you already, lady," Adir remarks. Feeling comfortable, he steps a little further into the clearing, studying Honeydew's greenhouse. Unless Honeydew is blocking his way forward directly, of course. "As for the mini-you's here, I hope so! What are they, a pack of wolves?" He raises his eyebrows at Honeydew. All this talk of food. "What the hell do you eat?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

The greenhouse is only partly built for now, after all she's stopped working to talk to Adir. "Awww...shucks. You're going to make me blush." Honeydew says as she turns her flower to face the same way as Adir, her tail swaying behind her. At his question, she doesn't answer verbally. Instead one of the Minis runs off to a cooler and drags out a freshly killed rabbit. She runs back and the Alrune smiles as she takes it with a vine so she can toss it at her feet where they fuse with the flower. A moment later and the smell of nectar will fill the air as fluids seep into the depression. When it touches the rabbit there comes a hissing sound as it begins to be digested. "What was that about a pack of wolves?" She asks, smiling a bit and sighing contently.

Despite the horrific sight, it is likely that Adir will find the scent of the nectar and billowing perfume alluring, though not enough to make him lose his judgement.

24. - Top - End - #414

[Moving Day]

"I'm usually pretty good at that," Adir says with a nonchalant shrug and a rather teasing way of closing his eyes. His smile still hasn't disappeared. It starts to, however, as he intently watches the method by which Honeydew gains sustenance. Big, expressive eyebrows shoot up as the rabbit begins to melt away. He has seen worse ways of eating, but... not from someone - or something - so pretty. The ultimate mantrap. How quaint and strange.

"No, I guess they aren't like wolves at all," Adir says, twitching his brows together. And of course the process smells lovely. What better way to lure in things like him... "That's how you were gonna, uh, eat me?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-04-07 at 03:24 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

"Oh, don't worry. You'd have been dead by this point. I try not to kill people though. I'll defend myself, but I won't murder." She explains, wagging a vine in dismissal at the thought. "I still have to eat quite a bit at a time sadly. I digest it all though I use the bones as feed for my roses. Those are the one plant I won't tinker with too much. I find them too beautiful." Honeydew says with a smile. "Is there anything in particular you would like me to grow?"

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Toddler Escape

"I'm Thad."
    He says, kneeling down with a smile to offer his hand so she can shake it. "I'm going to be their caretaker some days now." Thad explains before reaching into his pocket to pull out a green glowing orb to give to her.[COLOR="#0000FF"] "They thought you'd like this. "
    [Great Toddler Escape]

"Ooh!" Laela takes the orb and inspects it. So shiny.

"I got one too Laela!" Cora waves her own red orb in Laela's face in her excitement. "And Bastion got one too. Dey're magic power balls!"

"What do they do what do they do?" Laela presses.

"They um..." Cora squints at hers. "Mine has fire powers! Fwoosh fwoosh!" She waves it back and forth. "And Bastin's is water, yeah. And yours..."

"Mine is plants! Cause it's green like mommy's garden."

"Yeah! An- Bastion!" The boy comes over and holds his orb out to the others. "Careful! Water puts out fire!" Cora holds her orb over her head.

27. - Top - End - #417

[Great Toddler Escape]

While Cessie is staying in the background now, probably attempting to find Sakura or something, Garn however is waiting for the three to start up the game!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

The Great Toddler Escape

Thad smiles as Laela seems to enjoy the little gift, so he steps back a bit to let the three play. He'll stick close and keep an eye out for anything dangerous however, ready to intervene just in case something should happen. He looks genuinely happy to watch the children though.

29. - Top - End - #419

Moving Day

"Oh, don't worry. You'd have been dead by this point. I try not to kill people though. I'll defend myself, but I won't murder." She explains, wagging a vine in dismissal at the thought. "I still have to eat quite a bit at a time sadly. I digest it all though I use the bones as feed for my roses. Those are the one plant I won't tinker with too much. I find them too beautiful." Honeydew says with a smile. "Is there anything in particular you would like me to grow?"
    Adir smiles a little, but not in any way to encourage the discussion of killing. And as is evidenced by his attitude, it isn't something he likes to dwell on often. One could go mad!

"Oooh, man, that's a toughie," Adir says with a puff of outbound breath, also skirting around the subject of digestion. Or the use of bones. For anything. Adir has, ironically, eaten bits of people before, but he's not about to discuss that with a stranger outside his people. "There isn't much my wife doesn't grow already, if you can smell that on me underneath the cherry blossoms." Adir grins. His own personal cologne. May they who would call him a girly-man say it to his face, and get a hoof in theirs.

"Um, oh!" He snaps his fingers. "I know it's kind of an odd request - my Sakura hasn't gone for growing the whole tree in her garden yet - but I love fresh acorns. It's uh, heh, not just something I can go into a store and buy, y'know? Plus, the tree takes a while to get going..." Adir is not a botanist. Or particularly forward thinking. But he has big, dumb deer teeth, and they love crunching acorns. "Never see oaks around here, either. Even if the trees never much stay the same."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-04-13 at 09:15 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving Day

Honeydew frowns in thought before shaking her head. "It takes a couple years to get one of those to mature, Adir. I might be able to cut that down to less than half, but it'll take a while. That said, I can try and make a vine that grows acorns. It'll take me a few weeks if I concentrate on it, but it'll grow far quicker."