New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1442
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep & Frescot House IV: Magic babble lies within

Weekend Morning

"One thing I have learned is that one's own hardships are always the greatest."
    Jezebel explains in a gentle tone. "Even if it was the hardest time in my life, someone else is going through something they perceive to be just as bad or worse and who am I to say otherwise? For all I know, it might just be true." She asks rhetorically before shrugging. "A beggar is a beggar wherever they might be, though I must admit this does make me curious about seeing Hestopia some time. Though I imagine I'd have to appear a bit more normal than I do now. And dress appropriately. As strange as a lavender woman is here, I doubt it'd go over well most other places."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"Damn,"
    Adir blinks. She's been busy, or at least, it seems so. Maybe setting up a business isn't as big a deal in the Nexus as it is anywhere else. "If I weren't already looking at a job I might ask you for one. I would love to get my hands on one of the things that burnt down the house." Adir leans more on the counter and flicks a finger at Ilpholin. "I could call you if my thing doesn't pan out, right?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Demons. That's a sore spot still. They lost so much because of those things, and are only stable at all thanks to Cessie. It's still a raw nerve, that's for sure. She frowns and looks down to give Cassie the rest of her bottle.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at Cessie. "You seem to be inflating a relationship between me and Jezebel that doesn't exist based on an opinion I've never stated. And yeah, you mentioned the demon curing thing. Don't worry, I know not to murder her." If that's what Cessie was concerned about.

"No offense though, but I'm not looking for much help right now. I want to keep things small. Sorry Adir." If she starts cutting deals with groups like the Lotus Gardens, bringing in contractors, and hiring extra members it'd be practically the same thing as another organization with the full slew of problems that creates. Cutting through the red tape was part of the point.

Ilpholin laughs a little. "Besides, I doubt I could pay you anyways. It's mostly freelance and we haven't even been hired for that yet. It's business in name only really. You'd better do what you can to hold on to the job you're looking at."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Weekend Morning

"Hestopia isn't as accepting as the nexus, that's for sure. But a lot of people visited it during my last wedding and there was never much of a problem." Cessie remarks, perhaps underplaying all the problems the various VIGIL members got into. "Still, if you want to see it, I'm going to visit it eventually with my children to discuss their future schooling. How you'd approach that is up to you though."

[Lunch Visit]

Cessie meets Ilpholin's gaze. "Jezebel seemed to imply that there was bad blood between you two, so I simply assumed you felt the same way. She did a lot of bad things back in the day after all, so if that had been the case, I wouldn't have blamed you for it." She replies.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-02-14 at 10:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Lunch Visit]

"Hey, no hurt feelings here. Just an idea,"
    Adir waves his hands to show his lack of offense. He grins when she laughs. "I'm pretty sure I would shoot those things for free... if we didn't need the money so bad, y'know." He leans forwards a little bit, his ears flicking. "I did hear a 'we' in there, though. Who are you working with?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Weekend Morning

"I honestly would like to see it. I could even bring Sergei and Ariel along if that is fine depending on the circumstances."
    Jezebel muses, smiling a bit. "Though it would be a shock since I would have to get rid of the purple skin regardless I think." She admits, giving a small shrug. "Perhaps it isn't the most accepting place in your own words, but I think that perhaps it would be a nice one to visit from everything you've said. " She adds. "What sort of schooling are you thinking of however? Magecraft?"

8. - Top - End - #1268

Weekend Morning

"All sort of subjects. While eldritch training is important, they'd be taught a lot more, such as the history of their home, math... that sort of things." Cessie explains. "I don't know what sort of schooling that is offered in your homeworld, but the Hestopian university offers a lifelong schooling." For a very few number of students.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Well at least it's nice that Ilpholin isn't involved with... those people anymore. The whole situation with Amen was pretty awkward, even from mostly outside it. She's glad Ilpholin is away from all that now, because she'd never be here right now having a nice chat if she wasn't.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"Bad things is such a... relative term." Ilpholin says, rolling her hand in front of her, looking for the words. "Besides, I can't say I'm familiar with what things you could be referring to." She was quite busy infiltrating AMEN when Watch was having their first encounters with Jezebel and knows little to nothing of their entangled history.

"Mister Squiggles is living with me as well. He's been extremely helpful in getting the place up and running again, which makes sense considering he designed the building in the first place." The nymph grows fairly quiet. "You might not recognize him though."

A moment's pause occurs before she glances at the food prep counter. "How's it coming?" Watching someone prepare a meal can make you hungry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Weekend Morning

"Private tutoring for the privileged for the most part. Middle classes usually get some trade education as long as it isn't with technology. Some with an affinity for it go to join the Adeptus Mechanicus, the people with all the cybernetics and secrets. The masses as a whole usually are trained in labor though the type changes from world to world. Then there are other programs such as the Schola Progenum for training orphans."
    Jezebel explains. "Apart from that, there are always careers such as the Imperial Navy or Imperial Guard or the Adeptus Arbites."

12. - Top - End - #1272

[Lunch Visit]

Cessie raises an eyebrow, that was not the answer that she had expected. "Strange, I guess I have to ask what she meant about it later, then."
    Then Ilpholin brings up Mr. Squiggles, she remembers him. "Oh, yes, how is Mr. Squiggles these days? I hope something hasn't happened to him." She glances at Adir, she was also getting a bit hungry...

Weekend Morning

"Very... war focused, if I understood those titles right. Hestopia don't even have a school for that sort of thing. I mean, there are classes, but entire schools? Hardly. A lot of focus is put on different types of philosophy, such as natural and human." Cessie remarks.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Weekend Morning

Jezebel gives a small shrug at the school remark. "It is simply part of the universe when there is war and conflict all across it. Entire regiments get conscripted or raised to go fight on foreign worlds against the bloodthirsty Ork hordes or to combat the elusive Eldar or Tau. Then there are the species like the Tyranids that are like locusts, literally devouring entire systems before moving on. There are paradises, but those are few and far between." She explains before giving a sigh. "As far as philosophical studies, those are mostly controlled by the Ecclesiarchy, the church of The God-Emperor. There are all sorts of sects, but they all try to keep people from wondering about things. All of it, philosophy and schooling and war is...stifling there. It's why I am finished with that world and I won't take my children back there. Here, perhaps they can grow in ways I can't dream of."

14. - Top - End - #1274

[Lunch Visit]

"Ah, just you and the bigass spider against the world, eh? Just like old times,"
    Adir grins. He notices Cessie's glance, and turns, popping open the oven to check... "I think they're done. If you girls wanna go sit, I'll bring em' to ya."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1275

Weekend Morning

"Yes, I'd prefer not to return there. Your world was not for me. No room to develop anything worthwhile, just more weapons." Cessie then turns silent for a moment. "Well, what do you think we should do now? We're almost back at the keep." Jezebel might not have realized it, but they have actually walked in a circle and are now almost back where they started.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [A Knock At The Door]

As Cora and Bastion runs along, Garn turns his gaze at all the Risse's once again. "Do not leave the lab while you are here." That almost sounds like a order. But whatever it was, garn gestures for Riss to follow him again. She will then finally arrive at the aforementioned lab, Garn opening the door to let all of her inside.
    Cessie appears to have been busy drawing a sketch of something. She turns around as the door opens however. "Ah... Riss." Her eyes dart between all the Risses. This was still so weird. "I'm glad that you came. Sorry I couldn't greet you, I've tried to come up with a design for the suit and nothing seems to fit."
    [A Knock At The Door > Cessie's Lab?]

"No, I understand. That's why you have 'help' after all, right?" Riss said a tad briskly. At the very least, given what she had seen of the Keep both now and before, she did consider Cessie to be from a moneyed family although that, at least, wasn't held against her. "Though, while I am here, I believe I should at least check on a few things. Namely, is the.. I guess it's technically a golem, isn't it? Is the golem I made serving you well?" she asked. It should have done well as a gardener or farming serf or some-such if the mage had bothered to try commanding it.

Of course, the muse had noticed the reaction to having multiple forms, it was rather typical at this point, and was choosing to speak with only one simply to ensure that Cessie didn't need to bother with trying to find whichever mouth was speaking next and end up being an unintentional distraction. Still, rather divergent from last time, she was less inclined to keep her tail coiled around herself when not in use. More than just an aspect of comfort, it seemed like the muse was marginally more relaxed now than last time.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Sakura moves over to the table, putting Cassie in a high chair. "What do you mean we wouldn't recognize him?" She asks.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"He's doing as well as he can I think. Some days are more painful for him than others," Ilpholin says quietly, moving over to the table and taking a seat, feeling drained just bringing it up. "He's in a metal suit. It's literally holding him together. Your house isn't the only one demons attacked, but some of us weren't lucky enough to be absent when it happened. I was... out on... errands," She claims rigidly.

"Mister Squiggles was barely alive when I got back and Darcy..." Well, she can't really say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Weekend Morning

"Yes, I'd prefer not to return there. Your world was not for me. No room to develop anything worthwhile, just more weapons." Cessie then turns silent for a moment. "Well, what do you think we should do now? We're almost back at the keep." Jezebel might not have realized it, but they have actually walked in a circle and are now almost back where they started.
    Weekend Morning

Jezebel would start to go on about how not even weapons development was happening anymore in her world, not in any meaningful capacity thanks to the AdMech, but then Cessie asks what they should do now and breaks that train of thought. "As long as it has been, perhaps my children and I should depart for home." Jezebel admits, looking at the sun's position in the sky. "Sometime we should go to lunch or dinner together, though we should likely take a day or two to absorb all we've spoken about." She remarks with a small smile. "And Cessie, above all else, thank you for having the patience to listen to me today. It feels as if there's a weight off my shoulders."

20. - Top - End - #1280

Weekend Morning

Cessie nods and smiles. "I'm glad, it does feel like we put a lot of worries to rest today. But, admittedly I'm not to sure how to move forward after this. Dinner sounds good though."

[Lunch Visit]

Cessie eyes widens, she had never known Darcy that well, but she knew how much she meant to Ilpholin. Her first instinct was to ask why Ilpholin hadn't told them sooner, but that would almost sound like a accusation. "Ilpholin, I... I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say."

[Cessie's Lab!]

"I let it help Sakura do gardening. But I think you'd have to ask her how useful it has been. I know nothing about gardening. The gardens do look nice though." She observes, focusing her gaze on the Riss that was speaking. The only other being she had ever met that had more than one body was Helios, and he had been annoying enough. At least Riss wasn't near his level. "I have to ask though, are you any good at fashion design? While the armor must be practical, it also need to look right. It might sound silly, but it is important to me."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-03 at 06:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1281

[Lunch Visit]

Adir's ears and eyebrows shoot up as he arrives at the table with the hot platter. He looks distraught! He's terrible with grief. "Ilpholin..." his eyes pivot down and then around the room. "...Maybe there's something I could do for him. I know how to make a few poultices from the stuff back home." He'd still have some if... well... his little supply hadn't all been in the house.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Sakura puts her hands over her mouth. "Oh no..." She moves closer to Ilpholin and tries to give her a hug. "I'm so sorry."

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

To be fair to Cessie, Ilpholin doesn't know what to say either.

Ilpholin receives and returns Sakura's hug, just staying quiet while the moment lasts. When the embrace ends, she murmurs a soft "Thanks." She considered forcing out a reassuring smile with it, but decides it wasn't worth the energy that falsehood would require. Which is a shame, because she does sincerely appreciate Sakura's gesture.

"It was a while ago, so everything that can be done has been done. I'm certain he would be appreciative all the same Adir."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-03-06 at 04:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1284

[Lunch Visit]

"Was... was it the same kind of demons that are attacking us here in the nexus?" Cessie asks, not wanting to assume considering the wild range of 'demons' that seemed to exist here. "Not that I really matters, but it could be helpful."

25. - Top - End - #1285

[Lunch Visit]

"I mean... just, y'know, fer the pain..."
    Adir trails off, his ears wilting. The stag sets his platter down.

He goes to sit, frowning at Sakura and Ilpholin. He wishes he knew what more to say. He gives Cessie a glance. "C'mon, Cessie, let's not ask about that. Let's eat, ah? Always lifts my spirits." He tries to offer Ilpholin a sympathetic smile.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

Sakura lets Ilpholin go and shifts back into her place. "Yeah, maybe we should. Whatcha got for us, Adir?"

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"Irrelevant," Ilpholin insists to Cessie in a cold tone that shares qualities with a detached serial killer's confession. She looks about to continue with an explanation, but calls to change the subject reach her and she nods, letting the question float away.

The nymph returns Adir's smile and turns her attention to the meal. "Yes of course. Let's eat. Thank you for making this for us Adir."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

Weekend Morning

Cessie nods and smiles. "I'm glad, it does feel like we put a lot of worries to rest today. But, admittedly I'm not to sure how to move forward after this. Dinner sounds good though."
    Weekend Morning

"Then let us take a couple days and then figure out when and where we should dine then."
    Jezebel says, giving a small bow as she smiles. "By your leave, I will collect Ariel and Sergei and we shall be on our way. It has been a pleasant morning, truly"

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

Sakura hurries back from her walk, Lucy held in her arms. She's full of energy and eager to lift the last of this weight that's been pressing down on her shoulders. First she needs to find Adir.

30. - Top - End - #1290

[Arrival]

It isn't a trial to find Adir. Laughter can be heard from the rear of the keep, where he's playing at shooting bows with Laela. Of course, these arrows only have little suction tips or foam balls, and Adir has apparently let himself get hit by quite a few of them. There are a couple of bips and baps as Sakura rounds the corner, and another ring of charming laughter and eager giggling. They're both likely posing in their shooting stances, bowstrings still shuddering, and Adir reaches up to tug at the missile stuck to his forehead.

"Nice shot for a brat,"
    he claims, wagging it at her. Laela is still broken up with giggles.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters