New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Mallside VIII: OrksOrksOrks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Concourse]

"Ha! Look!" Wyverly calls out, pointing one of Tristan's wings at the nearby machine. "A robot in need of coolant!"

Of course there would be a robot in need of coolant.

Tristan will bound over to the machine and fish out the liquid nitrogen container! Should all go well, they'll hook the box to the robot's cooling system and refill the robot's cooling tanks! That should help things out, right?
    [Concourse]

The robowyvern is shaking quite a bit, but Tristan manages to pour the liquid nitrogen in!

Funny how modern technology can turn a gas into a pourable liquid.

Anyway!

The red glow on the robot subsides quickly.

'Temperature decreasing... Restarting processes... Resuming operation...'

The wyvern coughs out a bit of smoke, followed by a metal... something that flies out of its mouth and lands on the floor with a *clink*

It then speaks with a masculine voice.

'Ah yes, thank you... not sure why my systems overheated...'

He shakes his body like a dog, spraying sand (and a few flowers) everywhere.

'Anyway, I ought to introduce myself. My name is Sammy. What's yours?'

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Veronica shakes her head again at the mention of the box and sword even though she takes the ring back and puts it in her pouch. "I'd like to keep a hold of the box. For now. I don't plan on doing anything with it and I trust you, but once it is out of our hands, it's gone. I don't know anything about that Temple, and until I do I won't be willing to forfeit such a thing to them." She explains before sighing. "Probably stupid, I know, but with something like this I just want to be extra careful. I also want to take a look around to see if there's a way to restore sanity to it as well without releasing it. Partly because I'm curious, but also because I know that an insane demon will be far worse to deal with should something happen and the box is opened or destroyed." She adds.

"As for the sword, if it is my choice, then I gift it to you. It's far too useful to just sell and I can't use it."
    She points out, wriggling her fingers. "If you still want to sell it, go ahead I guess, but I think we should keep it near us." She stops talking after that and tries to drink her now cold tea, finding it bitter but continuing anyway. She'd finish something today even if it was something this small.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Jace smiles.
    "Veronica, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but I don't actually have any formal combat training. I have no idea how to use a sword." he says, a bit embarrassed.
    "I have good friends at the Temple, though I admit it's not with the actual priests there. Still, I can vouch for their good intentions and the experience the staff have. That being said, I won't let you tamper with that thing alone. Get your imp servant to check it. But I warn you, those chains have some serious tamer-prevention spells. If you mess with it, do so after a professional has taken them off. I don't want you getting cursed because of curiosity." he says, trying to instruct her to get to her goals in the best way instead of telling her not to bother.

Then he just smiles, a small flame appearing in his hand.
    "would you like that warmed?" he asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

"No."
    Veronica says harshly before wincing and sighing, looking down at her cup. "Sorry, just...just let me finish this cup as it is, please." She apologizes quietly as her feathers settle back down. "We can sell the sword then if you know a buyer. And I wasn't going to mess with the box. I have a safe I'll be putting the box and books in. I was planning on taking pictures and hitting the libraries and computers to cross reference them in regards to stories about three angels and a demigod locking something away. Can't be that common of a story." She explains, taking another sip of her tea. The display of magic and offer to warm her cup had brought back that stupid feeling of uselessness again, and she definitely regretted it. And while it is unspoken, Jace or Zebes can probably pick up that if he insists on taking the box, they can. It's just really hurt her feelings if they do.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2015-03-25 at 01:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

"If that's what you think is best. Just be careful." Jace says.
    And that's it. Nothing else to say. If Veronica wants to do this, Jace won't argue with her, no matter how badly he would like her to just leave the box to professionals and get rid of the books.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

"You think I am being foolish."
    She states before closing her eyes for a minute. Finally she admits defeat and pulls out the box to slide across the table. "I'll lock the books in the safe when I don't have them in wing, I promise." After that, she stands and grabs her bag. "I'm heading home. I need...time."

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

"No, he's nagging you because the thing is honestly scary as hell and we'd never forgive ourselves if you or your siblings or anyone else got hurt because we didn't provide suggestions that we could have." Zebes says simply from Jace's shoulder.

Jace, for his part, doesn't make any motion to collect the box, and simply continues to give his attention to Veronica.
    "Take as much time as you need. You know how to find us." he says quietly, with an expression that says that he would really like to say that he's sorry but thinking that saying it out loud would not be a good idea.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Veronica starts to open her mouth before choosing to shut it with a shake of her head. Nothing she could say would explain it well enough to placate their worries. Unless stopped, she'll depart, leaving the box behind for Jace to do what he wishes with it

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Jace stands up, taking the box in one hand. He goes up to Veronica, and in a not very subtle gesture presses the stupid artifact into her wings while giving her a kiss on the cheek.
    She's a bit emotional right now, so he'd better not go for the full thing. Don't think that would be very sensitive.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Veronica leans into Jace, resting her head on his chest. "As I was trying to say in the room about the books: all I want is for you to trust me. I am scared of this box, but if I know it is under lock and key, at least I'll be able to sleep." She admits quietly with a sigh. "And you forget, we only have an evil dead bird's word on what this is." She points out, sounding rather tired.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafe

Jace lays a hand on the back of Veronica's head.
    "That's a good point. I hadn't even thought of that. Your imp servant has to tell the truth; maybe he can confirm or deny the crow's story if there's any demonic aura around the thing. Take your time. If you know how and where to ask, there are plenty of demonologists in the Nexus who might help without any terrible prices. Some of them are demons themselves. You're a reporter. You can dig for information better than I ever could." he says quietly.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Concourse]

Something fell out of the robot's mouth?

Something neat?

Maybe... the next item in the trading chain?

"I'm Wyverly!" Tristan's tail-head announces. "And these are my siblings, Leona and Kirin! We're kind of new here in the Nexus and in the process of carrying out a trade-chain quest!"

She's just SO certain that this is a trade-chain and not just...

Y'know.

Them getting random junk with no purpose.

"You're a sapient artificial intelligence?" Leona says, half a question and half a statement. "Fascinating. Who built you?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Concourse]

'Hello, all 3 of you. I've never met a... what are you called again...'

With his robotic claw, Sammy taps his head in thought.

'...a griffin? That doesn't sound right... Anyway!' Nice names you have there. Leona, Kirin, Wyverly! Fancy a wingshake?'

He extends a metal wing to Tristan's organic ones. After the shake, he will go on to say,

'I was made by the miltary. One of their prototypes for the Elite Force. Didn't know what was really going on in the war for a while, but when I figured it out...'

Sammy lets out a sigh.

The robowyvern extends a small metal human-like hand, picks up the thing, and shows it to Tristan. It appears to be a rose brooch, made of gold and embedded with a small diamond.

'Badge of the Elite Force. Kept it just in case, but haven't used it in years. Honestly, I hate it... you can keep it. Maybe you can get some use out of it. Treat it as a thanks from me.'

Sammy tries to smile. It's hard to smile with a robot face.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-03-25 at 08:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Concourse]

"We're a chimera," Kirin gently corrects. "And we're quite pleased to have been able to help you."

Wingshake!

That's the polite thing to do when one lacks hands.

Sure beats smelling butts.

"Aaww, sorry you didn't like your job,"
    Wyverly says. "But at least you can do other stuff now, right? And hey! Thanks for the trinket! This is no doubt the next item in our trading chain!"

Leona rolls her eyes at her sibling.

She's SURE this whole thing is all in Wyverly's head.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Concourse]

'Ah, a chimera! Might've seen one or 2 of those on the battlefield, but not often. Must be pretty rare.'

Behind Tristan, is a sign that reads:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SPECIAL: 3 for the price of 1!

Sammy sniffs Wyverly a bit. 'Well, good thing Lana found me! Helped me see the truth, convinced me to leave the army- not easy, since I was a prized invention. But totally worth it, and we got to adventure!'

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mallside Concourse]

Suddenly Libra is here floating in the air as if she had been laying on a bed. She yawns loudly as she watches people walk past. Perhaps she could have some fun today? If she could only find a willing victim person to help.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

"Willa" was back again, this time to deal about her major hair problem. Hers looked fantastic- but it was way too long! A haircut's an easy, cheap thing to manage, so she was here at the Mall.

She panics a bit as she sees Libra. Last time they met, there was all sorts of goofy outfits Walter had been made to wear. So Willa does her best not to say anything at first, but, well, she looks uncannily like Walter, made a girl with a model's body, and with a very obvious stare at her as she attempts to walk past. Not very subtle, but she's not always good at subtle.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Mallside Concourse

Libra looks back at 'Willa', or is she looking past her? She has this absent expression on her face. "What kind of model?" She suddenly asks out loud. "Since models are usually so scrawny. Not to mention that like all player character women are like, super hot." Libra herself being one of the many exceptions to this 'rule'. The oni then suddenly blinks as if she had been distracted by something. "Wait, who're you anyway?" She asks in a demanding tone, floating closer to the woman.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

She's actually not that slender, if only to accommodate for the curves in a reasonable way. Really, the whole thing was silly, and while more attractive than most NPCs, Libra's right, she's about on par with lots of PCs. Though she's only seventeen, that's something.

"Wh-what? I don't think we've met." she says, trying to figure out why Libra's acting more crazy than usual. Just keep your mouth shut Walter, and she won't recognize you as the guy with the cupid incident last month.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Mallside Concourse

"Oh, I think we totally have met." Libra insists as she floats up in front of 'Willa'. "But I would have remembered you though. What's your name?"

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

Willa gulps. Libra can be intimidating when she's insisting things.
    "Currently Willa. I've gone through one or two. Not my choice, really." she says.
    Really, it sucks that there's no female version of Walter that sounds like it.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Mallside Concourse

"That's a really stupid name." Libra remarks. "You should be called Wilma instead if you're in the market for them." The oni nods at her own suggestion. It was of course brilliant. "But anyway, did I make your boobs grow or something? I don't think so since those aren't 'Libra boobs'." Now Libra is poking her in the chest. Geez.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

Willa slaps her hand away out of reflex. You don't go around poking people's chests! Besides, Willa's chest is pretty sizable, if that's what Libra is referring to. Not ridiculous, but Libra's done not-ridiculous before, with Lyn.
    "No, you didn't do anything like that. I'm just here to get a haircut, can I go please?" she asks, not wanting to deal with Libra's...pushyness...right now.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Mallside Concourse

At least Libra doesn't seem to take offense at being slapped away. Instead she flies around 'Willa' to get a better look at her back and hair. "So what did I do, huh? Since I must have interacted with you, I just know it!" Seems like she isn't intending to let Willa go so easily.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

Willa has very nice black hair, which extends down to the small of her back. She's not crazy to call it too long for comfort.
    She groans. She wasn't getting out of this, was she?
    "you gave me wings and a magic bow that vanished after two weeks. It wasn't anything too major." she says, hoping she can get out of here and get on with her stupid, probably overpriced haircut.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Mallside Concourse

Libra stares blankly at 'Willa' at first, but suddenly it all seems to come back at her... and she starts laughing. Loudly.

"Bwahahahahaaha!" She moves backwards, unable to even keep herself straight in the air.
    It takes a bit for her to calm down to from that. "Hahah.... who did? Who gave you boobs? Or is the rest of you female too?" She peers closer at 'Willa'.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

Willa scowls. absolutely scowls.
    "If that's all you noticed, you're seriously narrow minded."
    Because really, the hair, the hips, even the cheekbones, it was clearly a very complete job.

28. - Top - End - #1108

Mallside Concourse

"Geez, I don't pay much attention to gender, besides boob's 'kay?" Libra replies. "I just know that women have boobs and men, or so was explained to me. But anyway, since you're apparently upset and all. Maybe I'll give you something in return huh? Do you still want power and stuff or did the girl-parts you have change that?" The oni asks.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Mallside Concourse

Willa sighs. "Whatever, it's fine. I'm like this for two weeks, so I should probably focus on one thing at a time. Unless you had something in mind you want to offer me, I should probably hold off until everything's settled, and focus on my mundane problems like school next week and the haircut today." she says to Libra.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Mallside Concourse

"No, no, no, I insist! Mundane problems are for suckers! What if I gave you the ability to do all those boring things in one go huh? Well, one thing at the time at least?" Libra claps her hands. "I'll be super-cool!"