New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside VIII: OrksOrksOrks!

Mall Office

"Oh. Okay. Is there any paperwork or just get to it?" If it's just get to it, Kate will head out and ask the secretary for the paperwork. There are proper ways to go about this.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Which Shop

The witch is probably underestimating some of what Candace has eaten before. It's not great but not too bad really. Oh, Plum, could you bring the basket in?
    [Which's Shop]

Plum walks back in with the basket, and a thin bracelet made out of beads. She places the basket on the table, and then holds the bracelet out for Candace. "Here! This is for the bows! I make these."

Which raises an eyebrow. "And what would this be?"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mall Office]

"No, get to work. Make website good." The ork instructs. And with that, Kate is dismissed.

Outside the office, she'll find that a small stack of papers is already ready for her. "Fill these out, please. Conveniently, there's an office already clear for you. The last occupant disappeared a while back. It was nothing to do with the job, mind you." The woman gives Kate a look that suggests she knows a lot more than she's letting on.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mall Office

"Yeah, I had heard that." Kate picks up the papers and beings to fill them out.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - 1]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota smiles blissfully, a blush colouring her cheeks. She tries to slip one of the rings on Crissy's finger. If the ring is put on, it will change colour according to Crissy's emotional state. In this moment of romantic bliss, it's most likely to burn deep red with lighter spots moving around in it.

"I made them myself," Dorota says, quietly, leaning her forehead against Crissy's. "They're special... just like you."
    Crissy smiles as the ring slips on and changes, her eyes flicking up to meet Dorota's as her cheeks flush deeply.
    "What did I ever do to deserve someone like you?" she whispers, before shifting to try and brush her lips across the alchemist's.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - 1]

Dorota turns the brush of the lips into a full-on kiss.

"You were kind to a poor, lost alchemist when she signed up for a job here a few years ago," she says, after the kiss is over. "This must be fate's way of repaying you."

...merciful Perun, what has she been reading?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - 1]

"I just did what was right," Crissy says softly, lacing her fingers with Dorota's. "But whether it's fate or whatever...I'm so totally never going to question it...and I'm going to give thanks for it always."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - 1]

Dorota chuckles when Crissy mentions giving thanks.

"So now we're going to have to decide who's going to marry us and how, aren't we, love?"

[Azik's Enchantments]

The day after her date and talk with Julie, Sophie walks into the magic item store. Hopefully they have something here to help with her conundrum... and hopefully it won't be horribly awkward to buy.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-09-14 at 05:53 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik, as ever, is standing stoically behind the counter, "Good afternoon, miss. Is there something I can help you with?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"I'm looking for a potion," Sophie says, uncertainly. "Something that'll alter my... I mean... make me attracted to women as well as men." Dear Yoda, this is awkward.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik nods, and says, "That is a relatively simple potion to make. It'll take me half an hour to create the potion and antidote. What it would do is very simple; you would feel as attracted to women as you are to men. During thefirst four days, it will be easily dispellable, and so I will provide you with a counter agent for it. However, after the fourth day, it will likely begin taking root in your psyche, and after about a week will be permanent. If you do not want to keep the effects, simply drink the counter agent before four days are up and it will be entirely out of your system. Is this agreeable to you?"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"I think it sounds acceptable," Sophie says, slowly, while nodding. "As long as it would come free of any direct compulsions of attraction."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"There will be none. My reputation as a businessman would crumble if I began to do that, and I have no reason to anyways. You will merely feel attracted to both women and men. No more, no less."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Sophie takes a deep breath and nods. No reason to be nervous, she tells herself. The only thing it'll do is expand her horizons.

"Very well, then, I'll take it."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik nods, "Please return in forty-five minutes then, as it will allow me enough time to create the brew."

Assuming you wish to handwave the better part of an hour waiting period, Sophie will be able to make the purchase without any problems. The potion will work as advertised.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Sophie goes to look at some other stores and buy herself a pastry and cat food for Nicholas while Azik prepares the potion. Once it's done, she pays, thanks the warforged, and returns home, intending to drink it once she gets in touch with Trick again.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-09-15 at 11:18 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

Front Entrance

Felandria enters, wearing a red baby tee, shorts, sneakers and a worried expression.

She had been looking for her for weeks, she called every day but the phone kept ringing.

She hoped that coming here, where they first met, might lead her closer to finding her.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2014-09-15 at 08:47 PM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mall Office

"Yeah, I had heard that." Kate picks up the papers and beings to fill them out.
    [Mall Office]

"Excellent. You'll start tomorrow if that's fine with you." The woman takes the papers and stows them away in her desk. "Welcome to the team."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mall Office

Kate nods. "I'll be here."

With that done, Kate leaves.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Front Entrance]

I don't know who Felandria's looking for, but there's someone definitely coming towards her.

At first, she was running as if she had just stolen something. She hadn't, by the way, but nobody looking at her would be able to know that, especially since she's wearing a shiny silvery mask that probably would completely disguise her if she didn't have that large scar that peeks out of the mask...

Anyway, Harley is running towards the entrance. There's no doubt several do-gooder vigilante NPCs chasing after her - but haven't gotten a good enough look at her - and most definitely some people waiting to stop her after she leaves the mall.

As soon as she reaches the entrance, she notices that there's some people outside for her. So, she suddenly decides to stop running and act casual. (Since she is a shapeshifter, it isn't that hard for her to be unrecognized.)

So she decides to talk with someone she sees there: someone who's alone at the moment. "Oh, hi," she says to Felandria. "Would you mind if I pretended I know you for a few moments?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Front Entrance]

I don't know who Felandria's looking for, but there's someone definitely coming towards her.

At first, she was running as if she had just stolen something. She hadn't, by the way, but nobody looking at her would be able to know that, especially since she's wearing a shiny silvery mask that probably would completely disguise her if she didn't have that large scar that peeks out of the mask...

Anyway, Harley is running towards the entrance. There's no doubt several do-gooder vigilante NPCs chasing after her - but haven't gotten a good enough look at her - and most definitely some people waiting to stop her after she leaves the mall.

As soon as she reaches the entrance, she notices that there's some people outside for her. So, she suddenly decides to stop running and act casual. (Since she is a shapeshifter, it isn't that hard for her to be unrecognized.)

So she decides to talk with someone she sees there: someone who's alone at the moment. "Oh, hi," she says to Felandria. "Would you mind if I pretended I know you for a few moments?"
    Fel shrugs and nods.

Sure, I guess.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2014-09-16 at 09:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

[Front Entrance]

"Okay." Harley nods. She tries to act natural and not out of shape.

She puts on a fake cheesy smile. "So how do people act normal?" she asks between her clenched teeth. "Is there something were supposed to be talking about, or do we just stand here and stare at each other?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

[Front Entrance]

"Okay." Harley nods. She tries to act natural and not out of shape.

She puts on a fake cheesy smile. "So how do people act normal?" she asks between her clenched teeth. "Is there something were supposed to be talking about, or do we just stand here and stare at each other?"
    Felandria kneels and points in a vague direction.

Sometimes it's fun to pretend to give directions.

You point into the distance, sometimes crook a finger to indicate a turn.

You occasionally shake your head to indicate that you don't want to go that way.

24. - Top - End - #414

[Front Entrance]

"Okay." Harley nods and looks down in the direction that Felandria's pointing. She picks out all the people who were chasing after her or looking for her, so she knows who she has to get past.

Then she shakes her head. "What brought you here?" she asks. In order to keep up the body language, she puts a slightly confused look on her face to accompany the shaking head. She points in a slightly different direction.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near The Front Entrance]

Meanwhile, as Fel points, she might happen to spot the answer to Harley's question, right where she happened to choose. Namely, a dark-haired girl with her back to the pair, long knives at her hips, and wearing dark leather armor, though the sword across her back is new, and her hair has been cut short, not even reaching the bottoms of her ears... At least, assuming that this actually is Lynette.

After all, it's not exactly like there's a shortage of young black-haired adventurers in leather. Or even young female adventurers in leather - and at least half of those seem to fight with two knives, or a knife and a sword (or, depending on how many arms they have and if they can use magic, two knives and a sword). But on the other hand, it's hardly as though this is an opportunity she should waste, just in case it does turn out to be her, is it?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-09-18 at 01:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

[Front Entrance]

"Okay." Harley nods and looks down in the direction that Felandria's pointing. She picks out all the people who were chasing after her or looking for her, so she knows who she has to get past.

Then she shakes her head. "What brought you here?" she asks. In order to keep up the body language, she puts a slightly confused look on her face to accompany the shaking head. She points in a slightly different direction.
    Basically, I left for a day and it was accidentally seven months instead, because time is wobbly, and I've been looking for my girlfriend since I got back.

She's not hard to spot, she's.....

Right over there.

Fel stands up and looks at the smaller girl.

You can follow if you like, but I'm going over there now.

And she starts walking over towards the dark haired girl, nervously.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2014-09-18 at 12:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417

"Okay." Harley nods. She walks a little ways with Felandria. "Thanks for all the help."

After she figures there's enough distance - literal and figurative - between her and the people who've been looking for her, she breaks away from Felandria. "I guess I owe you one."

She slips around a corner and begins speedwalking down the concourse again, going for a different exit on the opposite side of the mall.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - 1]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota chuckles when Crissy mentions giving thanks.

"So now we're going to have to decide who's going to marry us and how, aren't we, love?"
    Crissy nods, blushing more. "...my aunt would probably insist on something big and formal, but I'd like to be just, I dunno, something small and simple. That'd, like, totally suit us more."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Which's shop

Candace grimaces, but the Witch is probably severely underestimating some of what she's eaten before.

Oh, I brought some ginger snaps along for you. Candace remarks a little too brightly. And thank you Miss Plum! she says, trying on the bracelet.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

30. - Top - End - #420

The Roost

Mil walks into the coffee shop, Murin on his shoulder. He pauses as he enters, his one eye searching for Aiden.

"Hello, anyone here?"