New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside VIII: OrksOrksOrks!

Horn Ah Plenty

Nick shakes his head. "I don't think that's a good idea, Geneva. They might think you're a dangerous person for digging hard into such big things. I don't really know how they'd react. It's probably safest not to get them involved. They only really have jurisdiction in Inside anyway." he says.
    Yeah, getting arrested is probably bad.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Horn ah Plenty]

"But... I already have several other mages and engineers who are in on this project. We're pooling our findings and ideas to work together to create a way home for the countless people stranded in the Nexus. If we could get the backing of the people in charge of the City that would help tremendously. With the ability to be open about what we're doing, we would also be able to ask for public and private funding. I'm sure there are lots of businesses in the Nexus that would love to be able to expand to realities other than just the ones that the Nexus has a strong connection to right now."

It should be pretty obvious that Geneva is passionate about this particular subject.

Having something to focus on, some long term goal that she can devote her time and efforts to, is one of the main things that's helping to keep her sane despite all the crazy happening to her and around her. She needs this project.

"This would mean trade and prosperity. It would mean people could see their family and friends again. It would mean people would be given the choice to come here, rather than being snatched away from everything they know and everyone they care about. I can't do this alone, Nick. I need help. We need help."

That's a pleading tone, yes it is.

"This could change everything for the better."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Horn Ah Plenty

Nick scratches at some of his feathers. "Well, I guess I could say something. It might be better if you ask yourself, I don't know. Maybe if I pitched it as something a friend of mine works on it might seem like I'm biased on the matter. I can certainly still vouch for you, but I don't know how we should go about making a request." he says to her, a bit nervous at the prospect of asking his superiors for help.

4. - Top - End - #124

[Horn ah Plenty]

That's a strange attitude, one that Geneva can't really relate to. Back home, when she had ideas for improving the weather machinery the mare in charge typically wanted to hear them. That was true for everyone, really. It was a very open operation. Why would someone be nervous about pitching good ideas to the people in charge?

"Well, I can see about getting together all the people I have so far for this project and approaching the... um..."

The hippogriff blinks.

"It occurs to me that I never bothered to find out the name of the group in charge of Inside. It just never really came up."

That's Geneva, for you.

Always focusing on the esoteric and missing some of the more obvious.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haemononics

Harley smiles. “Yes, of course. Thank-you,“ she says. She grabs the frequent donor card and puts it in her undefined location of where to put miscellaneous things. Probably her purse. Wait, she doesn‘t have one of those. Her pocket, then. Wait, she‘s wearing a skirt that doesn‘t have pockets. So, it turns out she does have a small purse, which is where she puts it. In any case, she waves, says good-bye, and leaves his short, fun scene.

Mask Parade

Harley browses the masks, trying to find a good-looking one.Well, there‘s that one, but here‘s also that one, but...

Suddenly, the one mask begins talking. Harley jumps before realizing it was actually a person, not a mask. Surprised, she says, “Oh, uh...hello. Um. I was just, er, looking for a mask.“ .Stupid. Of course she was looking for a mask. Why else would she be here? “Um, so maybe you can help me? I‘m trying to find one wth a rose motif, because of one of my friends Stu who I haven‘t seen for a while.“
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Horn Ah Plenty

Nick raises an eyebrow, but laughs. "How did you not see that? It's the Union. And if you look us up, be prepared for a very Evil Empire look. I haven't a clue why Vyrn chose it. Really shot himself in the foot with that one in terms of PR. Anyway, maybe I could get you an appointment? That might be easier than just showing up at their front door." he offers.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

M'usic Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Would you care for a more specialized instrument, one that you could play easier?"

Mil looks up from his work on the collar.
    That might be interesting Xun comments, looking over the runes that are being carved. Oh, and finalizing the collar takes a bit of the individual it's being attuned to. Mine had the runes inked in with a fur brush after being carved.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Laboratory]

"Very well, then. Sizewell, be so kind as to bring some of that rock I bought for the Menhir Experiment," Dorota says. Her creation heads deeper into the building and returns, carrying a large chunk of rock without much apparent effort. He sets it down in the centre of the laboratory.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Very well, then. Sizewell, be so kind as to bring some of that rock I bought for the Menhir Experiment," Dorota says. Her creation heads deeper into the building and returns, carrying a large chunk of rock without much apparent effort. He sets it down in the centre of the laboratory.
    Miria takes out a stick of chalk and draws a symbol-bearing circle around the rock. She kneels down and places her hands upon the circle, and after a few seconds electricity dances around the rock and in a flash of light it becomes a miniature volcano with lava that is carefully contained in the volcano.
    I specialize in fire alchemy, you see.
    She explains.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #130

[Horn ah Plenty]

Evil empire look?

What was that supposed to mean?

Geneva really didn't have a clue, in that regard. But then again, she didn't have much experience with evil empires. Except maybe the Enclave... But from what she had learned from her friend Dawn, it was only a few people in that group that did the really ethically noxious things. Most people just wanted to quietly live their lives. That's how most people are, really. They just want to mind their own business.

"The Union. That isn't very interesting sounding. But I guess it fits with the naming convention of most everything around here, doesn't it?"

Inside. Outside. Town. City.

And so on and so forth.

"If we could see about setting up a meeting for me with someone in charge of research and development or public works projects or whatever, that would be wonderful."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"So you turned the inside of this rock into lava?" Dorota asks, observing the mini-volcano carefully.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Horn Ah Plenty

Nick smiles. "Yeah, I thought The Altaran Irregulars sounded cooler, but it wasn't my call. I'll see what I can do." he says cheerily, happy to be useful with something.

13. - Top - End - #133

[Horn ah Plenty]

And thus, a meal is had (much to the dismay of the restaurant owner watching Geneva put away an absurd amount of food). Good byes are said, flattering words are spoken, hippogriffs wibble, and the two friends part ways.

That was a pretty pleasant way to spend an afternoon, as far as Geneva is concerned.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mystique Physique

Jim nods. Presumably the transfer of Jim's original body can be assumed to have happened, and Lost can handle any details of the transfer.
    ((Remember, kids: if Lost hasn't replied in 48 hours, he has forgotten and needs to be poked.))

"Sir? We're ready for you."

If everything goes fine, Jim will wake up, feeling odd, in a small room like a hospital room. There's a potted plant in one corner, and he's wearing a hospital gown. Also! He's in the right body!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystique Physique

Jim puts a hand to his head with a groan, trying to sit up a little. He stares down at his feet. His proper feet.
    "Sweet, sweet hooves." he grumbles quietly, before looking around for anyone nearby. What did they do with his clothes?

Meanwhile, at some point after the transfer to the store was complete Barnabas would have flown back over to keep Syela company. He might have seemed a bit agitated during the process, but was otherwise mostly calm, and is now.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"So you turned the inside of this rock into lava?" Dorota asks, observing the mini-volcano carefully.
    Miria nods.
    I made sure it was safely contained, don't worry.
    She replies, maling sure to keep by the circle just in case.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystique Physique

They are on a nearby stool. After a few minutes, there's a knock on the door. The employees know to check, since sometimes people are changing.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystique Physique

Jim pulls on his shirt but frowns at his attempt to don the pants. They don't fit even remotely well on his goat legs. With a sigh he takes the hospital gown and ties it around his waist.
    "Come in." he says.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystique Physique

The door opens. A half-elf steps in. "Are you feeling good? Everything working? If you're feeling fine, you can go."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystique Physique

Jim nods. "Everything seems to be in order. Except well, these pants don't really fit me like this, and contrary to what some children's authors would have you believe, fauns can't walk around pants-less and still be family friendly. Do you have any spare clothes lying around?" he asks, only a little self-conscious about that statement and question.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystique Physique

"Unfortunately not. We usually go to pains to make sure that people always leave with the amount of clothing they came in with, and the few times they don't we donate the remains after cleaning and making sure they're nonmagical." she shrugs. "I can give you some more hospital gowns if you can be creative with them? We buy them in bulk."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystique Physique

Jim shakes his head. "No, this one's enough to accomplish getting home. Thanks anyway." he says, and if he's allowed he'll trot his way back to the lobby, a bounce in his step as he cheerily enjoys having his proper feet and legs back. He doesn't need any time to get used to them again, lucky for him.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    M'usic Emporium

That might be interesting Xun comments, looking over the runes that are being carved. Oh, and finalizing the collar takes a bit of the individual it's being attuned to. Mine had the runes inked in with a fur brush after being carved.
    "Thank you for that information. And yes, I would think it would be interesting to make that."

Murin pulls out a feather and gives it to Mil, who continues his work.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "I tried to apply online, but the jobs part of your website is 'down for maintenance'." That entire website made her feel odd. "Kate Kyland."
    [Mall Kiosk]

"Oh really? Huh? Well just give me a sec." The man makes a call. He looks a bit worried after a moment. He scratches his head relentlessly as his nerves worsen. "Um, the boss himself would like to see you. Uh, you're to head right to his office." He gives her the directions she needs and wishes her luck on her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Mask Parade

Harley browses the masks, trying to find a good-looking one.Well, there‘s that one, but here‘s also that one, but...

Suddenly, the one mask begins talking. Harley jumps before realizing it was actually a person, not a mask. Surprised, she says, “Oh, uh...hello. Um. I was just, er, looking for a mask.“ .Stupid. Of course she was looking for a mask. Why else would she be here? “Um, so maybe you can help me? I‘m trying to find one wth a rose motif, because of one of my friends Stu who I haven‘t seen for a while.“
    [Mask Parade]

"Oh yes, a rose. A rose I can certainly do." The man steps out behind the counter and takes a few gangly steps to stand before Harley. "But first, I have to size up the wearer! Can't have you wearing a mask that isn't right for you, now can I?" He suddenly tries to grab her cheeks and give them a good squeeze.

Mystique Physique

Jim shakes his head. "No, this one's enough to accomplish getting home. Thanks anyway." he says, and if he's allowed he'll trot his way back to the lobby, a bounce in his step as he cheerily enjoys having his proper feet and legs back. He doesn't need any time to get used to them again, lucky for him.
    [Mystique Physique]

"Oh, Jim!" Syela gets to her feet when her boyfriend appears. He's back to his old self. Thank goodness that's over. She hurries over to him to give him a hug. "How're you feeling?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystique Physique

Well, he's not quite the same. He hasn't technically eaten in the past few days despite being kept alive by succubus magic, so he's lost a pound or two or five. He also hasn't shaved for sure, so he has a surprisingly neat goatee on his chin. Still, that doesn't matter to him and he gladly hugs her.
    "Fantastic. Do you mind if we go back to my place? I think I've spent enough money for one day and I'd like to put on something that isn't a hospital gown." he says with a smile as Barnabas settles on top of his head.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aurora Fountain

After a very trying day at the Roost, Aiden is sitting at the fountain, taking a few minutes to relax a little before he heads home. He's writing in a notebook about something or other.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Fountain

A plotclone of Xun appears at the fountain! So now there is a small black cat at the fountain. She's put her sign away and appears to have gotten out some lunch. Smells very fishy.

M'usic Emporium

The other Xun settles down to wait while things are finished.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2014-08-19 at 04:26 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mall Kiosk to Mall Office

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" Kate heads that way.

This next person would have been her boss, right? She hopes he doesn't hold a grudge for her dying suddenly.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

B^3

Jace rolls his eyes a bit. "Well, I think that I'm a bad person to ask right now since everything I see is tinted a little bit blue." he says. "and besides, I'm morally obligated to tell you that you'd look good in anything you tried anyway."
    "Maybe, but let's get going." She says before wandering into the store, leading Jace in. She walks right past the Boobs section, where there are tops of all sizes, most of them horrifically large and making Veronica frown. She bites her tongue and doesn't say anything, even when she passes the Butts area, featuring matching bottoms. Most of them are still too large for her dainty size.

Finally, they get to the Beyond part of the store.

There are several items of note, all of which make the Harpy stare in horror for a few breaths. A shredded bikini, an armor plated one, a bikini covered in dozens of blinking eyes, one that can fit under a microscope, a giant yellow sling holding fruit, and finally, a tasteful too-small yellow bikini with small black dots all over it. At the last, she just keeps staring. "Jace? This place scares me." She admits, the feathers in her hair having fallen flat in fear.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

B^3

Jace curls around Veronica's neck in a way Zebes has done hundreds of times. Well, he always thought it was comforting. When you're under a foot tall you can't really hug someone.
    "How about we find a more normal store, eh? One with a full set of options that'll actually fit you." he says calmly into her ear.