New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Battle Archer Cleric 3.5

ok so here is my character. Hes a Archer Cleric. Hes a Lesser Aasimar. I worship Corellon. I am Level 6. Age 17. Male. 6'3. Weight 174.

HP: 41
    Fort: 5 Ref: 4 Wis: 10
    Str: 14 Dex: 14 Con: 10 Int: 10 Wis: 20 Cha: 12
    My feats are Zen Archery, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot and Weapon Proficiency.
    I have full plate mithral Masterwork armor. My DM started us with 13,000 gold. 10500 of that went to the armor.
    Most of the rest went to a +1 Composite Longbow with a +4 Str dam. Yes I know about the -4 Penalty I got that covered.

ok that should be all my info I think, if you have any questions about let me know.

So I was wondering what prestige class I should take? Or should I even take one? Also how is my character am I missing anything should I spend my money on something else?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Archer Cleric 3.5

Yes, you should look at Prestige Classes. What are your domains? Are you allowed to change any aspect of your posted build?

For now I'll send you in the direction of The Quickstart Cleric Archer.
    Last edited by QuickLyRaiNbow; 2014-08-19 at 10:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My domains are Elf and War, I am allowed to change stuff up before tomorrow

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case maybe think about Cloistered Cleric for Knowledge Devotion. See the Archery Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2892.0) and the Absolute Guide to Cleric Prestige Classes (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...hp?topic=10556).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Should have gone with a regular Aasimar instead of Lesser for the Outsider creature type, so you could pick up the Spell domain and use Greater Anyspell for DMM: Persistent Draconic Polymorph into an Arrow Demon. Being an Outsider also makes you proficient in all martial weapons, so you wouldn't have needed the War domain. You can get a Lesser Rod of Extend and cast Luminous Armor instead of buying armor, in which case you don't need armor proficiency so you could go Cloistered Cleric and get Knowledge Devotion for free. Make your bow an Elvencraft bow in RotW, and get three wand chambers in it. Consider making it an Item Familiar or an Ancestral Relic, so you can upgrade it to an Energy Bow.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    Should have gone with a regular Aasimar instead of Lesser for the Outsider creature type, so you could pick up the Spell domain and use Greater Anyspell for DMM: Persistent Draconic Polymorph into an Arrow Demon. Being an Outsider also makes you proficient in all martial weapons, so you wouldn't have needed the War domain. You can get a Lesser Rod of Extend and cast Luminous Armor instead of buying armor, in which case you don't need armor proficiency so you could go Cloistered Cleric and get Knowledge Devotion for free. Make your bow an Elvencraft bow in RotW, and get three wand chambers in it. Consider making it an Item Familiar or an Ancestral Relic, so you can upgrade it to an Energy Bow.
    Can I do that 9th level, its a little late to try that, but would Ancestral Relic still be good for a 9th level feat?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_Exorcist View Post
    Can I do that 9th level, its a little late to try that, but would Ancestral Relic still be good for a 9th level feat?
    It would be more beneficial to make it an Item Familiar, especially since it's already a +1 weapon and an existing magic item cannot be made an Ancestral Relic. Upgrading a +1 bow to an Energy Bow would be a difference of 20,200 gp for the magical effect, so it would take 21 days to complete. As an Item Familiar you could upgrade it yourself as though you have all the required item creation feats, but you would need someone else (the party Wizard, or an NPC spellcaster) to be present each of those days and expend a Magic Missile spell, unless you could get it from one of your domains (Force domain, Spell domain, Magic domain and a wand, etc.). Plus you can put intelligent item abilities on it and there's no limit to how much its magical properties are worth.