New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVI: We have a space base now!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I can come up with something for Kaoru to do if you'd like. What about your Mortal World character(s)? What were they doing last? I remember one of them talking to Hasunaga and then Katsuo before they left him in the dust...
    I would like that.

Torahiko was indeed left in the dust mid storm, after derailing the exposition train and saying something cryptic. He might have had a chance at catching up if he had just ran after Katsou, being a low-tier fragile speedster already, but that seemed to be a good way to end the scene. Also, Katsou did a very good imitation of flight.

I posted on the last mortal world page, and nobody reacted. So, technically, he's in the park, searching for spiritual presences and trying to duplicate that vision he just had.

My other characters can be addressed after I get some momentum going.

Also, while I neither remembered that bit of lore, nor think it should be extrapolated into a larger scale like that, I'm all for there being major consequences to disrupting the balance, as long as-

1. There are recognizable warning signs.
    2. There are people who can recognize those signs and take action, thus creating a plotline, rather than a sudden and unavoidable disaster.
    3. It creates more RP possibilities than it closes off. While keeping the tone most of us came here for.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Shen Yi the Demon Smith

Height: 6' 11''
    Weight: 200
    Side: Yi Family

Appearance:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shen Yi is a slim and flamboyant man who looks only in his late 20s with boyish features. His long and wild hair is dyed a variety of shades from red to whites and his slim arms and chest are covered in tattoos and ritual scars. Often wearing sleeveless vests and flowing hakama, light weight clothing and plenty of room to move are what Shen Yi favors. Nothing escapes his keen green eyes and a cocky grin seems creased on his features at all times.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shen Yi treats those he considers family exceptionally well, viewing himself as a big brother to the large crime family he has created around himself. Shen Yi views only strength as a measure of ones worth, scoffing at those either not inclined or unable to fight. Shen Yi views Soul Society and the Noble Families as the height of his enemies, the normally calm man swiftly switching to a berserker fury if ever catching wind that one of his enemies is within a distance of engagement. One does not control a massive criminal organization without some level of ruthlessness however, the Ex-Smith cut throat and unforgiving to anyone who crosses him.

Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    As a former apprentice to the forgers of Zanpakuto, Shen Yi is a master smith with a keen understanding of weaponry and various fighting styles and has learned to blend his kido and blade skills into a terrifying combat method that makes him dangerous as an opponent. Considering his personal motto of overwhelming force, Shen Yi favors hado over bakudo and the bias shows in his shoddy barrier work. Shen Yi views hand to hand combat as crude as it forsakes weapons he feels are the masterworks of craftsmen and thus dishonors such artists as their work gathers dust. Along with his personal abilities, Shen Yi controls one of the largest criminal organizations within Soul Society and thus has access to a large network of spies and officers who can move the supplies and income that the Family has control of.

Zanpakuto:

Name: Yogan Yojimbo

Spoiler
    Show
    Release Command: Forge, Yogan za Yojimbo

Appearance: Unlike many traditional zanpakuto, Yogan Yojimbo appears as an ornate two handed metal hammer

Shikai: Upon release Shen Yi's hammer glows with a bright red heat before being coated with a layer of magma. The head becomes super heated and ignites most things on touch and is capable of melting through normal metal and stone. Shen Yi can also detach the head of the hammer and connect it to his staff with chain links made of molten earth and use it as a powerful comet hammer with a stunning range. When attached, the hammer can be struck against the ground and create great rifts in the ground where lava erupts in powerful geysers.

Bankai: The true name of Yogan no Yojimbo is Dei Hendo Akuma and it's true form is a corona of molten metal and rock that surrounds the feet of Shen Yi about a foot from his body. This corona forms when Shen Yi enters Bankai, the head of the hammer melting down to the ground and turning the haft to ash before igniting and forming a yard high swirling wave of magma about the Shinigami. Shen Yi can control this wave with a mere thought and can turn it from it's near liquid form to a solid wall of reinforced rock in an instant. He can also form a deluge of weapons from the magma which he can launch at foes with stunning precision or merely turn the entire wave into a large wrecking ball like orb in which to decimate his surroundings and anyone who might be within his range.

The Yi Family

Created by Shen Yi when he fled from Soul Society for various crimes against the nobility and his Division alike, the Yi Family is one of the largest crime syndicates in the Rukon and has gained enough power and notority to shrug off all but the most recent attempts to abolish them. Dealing with illegal arm sales, prostituiton, gambling and a myriad of other illicit activities the Yi Family has enough wealth and eager young men and women looking to join to keep their ranks swelling. Based in the wilderness beyond the Rukon in a large palace, Shen Yi rules his "family" with an iron though often soft hand. With the Shinigami's most recent attempts at urban renewal however the crime syndicate has begun to worry about their standing in the underworld and what Soul Society might do now that their world is much smaller and basing locations for the order in which the Gotei 13 revel might spread. Most worried is SHen Yi who has used the seedy underbelly of the Rukon and the wildernesses beyond as a shield to escape the "justice" long awaiting him.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-21 at 04:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Eh. I would be more content with it not coming to pass by dismissing that particular line of extrapolated potential canon?
    That'd land us back at square regarding this whole "what's this balance thing and how does it work?" thing. I'd be more happy with acknowledging that two things that are described in similar terms and have similarly bad consequences are, indeed, similar, and then addressing that in the narrative.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Some questions about Shen Yi, his history is completely missing, aside from some vague notes. Where'd he get his zanpaktou? The sheet mentions 'zanpaktou smiths', but I think (and someone more versed in canon will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the only 'smith' is the Soul King, or perhaps in our canon, one of the Royal Guard. So it'd be an interesting relationship at the minimum.

Obviously he defected, is that going to be explored upon in-game, or a well-known fact?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

The guy who makes Zanpakuto is indeed part of the Royal Guard. In our game, he's referred to by the title "Black Tortoise King". Not much is known about the guy.

However, he had an apprentice in the game already, though that character has since gone unplayed: Sanbo Kojin. So it's vaguelu possible for Shen Yi to have also been an apprentice, but fled.

A more important note would be that currently, the wilderness beyond Rukon doesn't exist, or rather, it fell on Earth. This could've forced the Yi family to relocate closer to Seiretei, which would be a prime cause of conflict between them and Gotei. There appears to be another party of rebels around too, the Yi could be fighting alongisde them or funding them. Just a few ideas.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Some questions about Shen Yi, his history is completely missing, aside from some vague notes. Where'd he get his zanpaktou? The sheet mentions 'zanpaktou smiths', but I think (and someone more versed in canon will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the only 'smith' is the Soul King, or perhaps in our canon, one of the Royal Guard. So it'd be an interesting relationship at the minimum.
    Frozen mentioned this below, I read through all the characters and found the Division Zero stuff, so I was going off the Black Tortoise King being his original mentor. I think the timeline matches up? Does anyone know when The Black Tortoise King joined the Royal Court?

Obviously he defected, is that going to be explored upon in-game, or a well-known fact?
    I'd hope so yes, I don't really work the fine details out for any character I make for these kind of group games. Best to come up with it off a framework so it can flow more easily in the story. Get to tied down with bits and pieces of "Canon backstory" and I feel you miss out on chances to make the character more part of the group story.

The guy who makes Zanpakuto is indeed part of the Royal Guard. In our game, he's referred to by the title "Black Tortoise King". Not much is known about the guy.

However, he had an apprentice in the game already, though that character has since gone unplayed: Sanbo Kojin. So it's vaguelu possible for Shen Yi to have also been an apprentice, but fled.
    I was hoping that was the case.

A more important note would be that currently, the wilderness beyond Rukon doesn't exist, or rather, it fell on Earth. This could've forced the Yi family to relocate closer to Seiretei, which would be a prime cause of conflict between them and Gotei. There appears to be another party of rebels around too, the Yi could be fighting alongisde them or funding them. Just a few ideas.
    Oh didn't know this, perhaps his safeholdings landed on Earth and he could try and find a way down? I believe that's all handled by the Senkeimon gates or however it's spelled? So he'd be trapped from the onset.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

We don't know when the Black Tortoise King joined the Royal Guard. A safe bet would be from 1500 to 2500 years ago, corresponding with foundings of Gotei and the Shinoreijutsuin, respectively. It is possible he joined later than that. This matters only to the extent that since Shen Yi is only 500 years old, he would've seen the Royal Dimension before fleeing. I'd be perfectly okay with that.

As of right now, the remains of Rukon that fell on Earth have been hit by a meteor, they are being mined by the Cult of the 1st Hollow King, and there's at least on rogue Shinigami and one Arrancar from the Cult on the area. So if your character starts there, there's a lot of potential interactions he could partake in.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you think I could get away with adding another transfer student? I think they're starting to outnumber the regular students around here.

Edit: Also, would anyone mind if I started a "filler arc" sized plot?
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2014-10-19 at 05:49 PM.

Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

I have no objections whatsoever to a transfer student. He just doesn't need to be in the class as every other kid.

As for a filler arc, would depend on what that entails.

Waiting on KD and/or Dorizzit to continue the scene at the complex.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly we're in the midst of an arc currently (Quincy wars), but since I'm lost on what to do afterward, I'm game.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

The filler arc concept consists of a small villain group with a grudge against the Quincy, they're trying to make a power grab using imitation zanpakuto made from hollows. I still need to flesh it out a bit more and populate the group with characters before I can start, though.

Show
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    The filler arc concept consists of a small villain group with a grudge against the Quincy, they're trying to make a power grab using imitation zanpakuto made from hollows. I still need to flesh it out a bit more and populate the group with characters before I can start, though.
    ... Sounds more like you should make a singular character with a specific backstory to join (or not join) a faction of some sort.

Because I can see a group that does that being ganged down upon by... Just about everyone else. The hollows won't like it, the shinigami won't like it, nobody will like it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

The Quincy won't like it TWICE.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

And this is why I talk about things before putting too much work into them. Because I forget the most obvious reasons they would solved quickly.

Then again, it was kind of the point to give everyone a throwaway villain without causing anything long term.

Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a terrible approach to anything. Filler exists in tv series to get something going while the source material catches up. This is collaborative storytelling, try to make waves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Keep them a little less choppy than usual, though, we've been getting a lot of those.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

You have a point. Maybe I've been thinking too small, but making waves is outside of my comfort zone, so I'm scrapping that concept in favor of the single character version.

We have enough factions anyways, two Quincy factions, two hollow factions, the shinigami don't need of a second faction, and the normal mortals are doing things too. I don't really wan't to introduce another race of spirits around here. So I'll step back for now, maybe I can get something big in motion next RP.

Off to go create the random encounter I promised back when I was rolling dice.

Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

You have a point. Maybe I've been thinking too small, but making waves is outside of my comfort zone, so I'm scrapping that concept in favor of the single character version.

We have enough factions anyways, two Quincy factions, two hollow factions, the shinigami don't need of a second faction, and the normal mortals are doing things too. I don't really wan't to introduce another race of spirits around here. So I'll step back for now, maybe I can get something big in motion next RP.

Off to go create the random encounter I promised back when I was rolling dice.
    Could throw a character into the Crime Family I'm proposing? Would be nice to have other players in that.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can you tell me a bit more than just crime family?
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2014-10-19 at 09:44 PM.

Show
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Can you tell me a bit more than just crime family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The Yi Family

Created by Shen Yi when he fled from Soul Society for various crimes against the nobility and his Division alike, the Yi Family is one of the largest crime syndicates in the Rukon and has gained enough power and notority to shrug off all but the most recent attempts to abolish them. Dealing with illegal arm sales, prostituiton, gambling and a myriad of other illicit activities the Yi Family has enough wealth and eager young men and women looking to join to keep their ranks swelling. Based in the wilderness beyond the Rukon in a large palace, Shen Yi rules his "family" with an iron though often soft hand. With the Shinigami's most recent attempts at urban renewal however the crime syndicate has begun to worry about their standing in the underworld and what Soul Society might do now that their world is much smaller and basing locations for the order in which the Gotei 13 revel might spread. Most worried is SHen Yi who has used the seedy underbelly of the Rukon and the wildernesses beyond as a shield to escape the "justice" long awaiting him.
    There ya go

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Since making Zanpakuto out of Hollows is something Lily pretty much urged Momoka to try and we have a rogue apprentice Zanpakuto-smith leading a crime family... I'd say your idea is perfect, actually.

Introducing Vizards into this game is way overdue, anyways.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Introducing Vizards into this game is way overdue, anyways.
    Oh, there aren't any? Or they're not banned?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

It is a long, long story involving a ridiculous number of Vizards in the first game, and then we just sort of. Frowned upon them in the second iteration, to the point of oppressiveness.

Not sure if I agree with it now. I would be fine with a reasonable number of Vizards, just not 'OH HEY, ME TOO', and all the captains are suddenly half-psychopathic murder monsters.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-20 at 03:55 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as I recall, no-one has even suggested playing a Vizard in this game. We've had two characters kinda sorta acting like them, but neither fit the physical criteria for one. (The characters I'm referring to are Naito and Izanami, the former of which is a Quincy-Hollow-hybrid and the latter a mad progenitor of Shinigami and Hollows.)

I'd be fine if Shen Yi became a Vizard, or made Cardrian's hypothetical new character into one. I intended to introduce Vizards with Zanpakutos made of Hollows way earlier in this game, but the player of Sanbo Kojin bailed, so I quietly dropped that idea.

EDIT: also, someone make a post in Spirit World.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-10-20 at 05:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

It is a long, long story involving a ridiculous number of Vizards in the first game, and then we just sort of. Frowned upon them in the second iteration, to the point of oppressiveness.

Not sure if I agree with it now. I would be fine with a reasonable number of Vizards, just not 'OH HEY, ME TOO', and all the captains are suddenly half-psychopathic murder monsters.
    I see, I was wondering why there was a 2 notation on the game title. So this is the third game?

As far as I recall, no-one has even suggested playing a Vizard in this game. We've had two characters kinda sorta acting like them, but neither fit the physical criteria for one. (The characters I'm referring to are Naito and Izanami, the former of which is a Quincy-Hollow-hybrid and the latter a mad progenitor of Shinigami and Hollows.)
    I see.

I'd be fine if Shen Yi became a Vizard
    I could do, though it's not a problem that I'm completely new and asking to make a powerful character?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Personally I'd prefer we avoid Vizards at all. I don't think we even have more than one Hollow character with Segunda Etapa, and that's our main villain.

We don't really have a problem with anyone asking for a powerful character right off the bat, though I think I speak for all of us when I say we WOULD really like if someone applying for one posted semi-often. (At the time I made Setsurou, for instance, we had something like three people who made a Captain for the Internal Security Division and then just plain VANISHED.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Personally I'd prefer we avoid Vizards at all. I don't think we even have more than one Hollow character with Segunda Etapa, and that's our main villain.

We don't really have a problem with anyone asking for a powerful character right off the bat, though I think I speak for all of us when I say we WOULD really like if someone applying for one posted semi-often. (At the time I made Setsurou, for instance, we had something like three people who made a Captain for the Internal Security Division and then just plain VANISHED.)
    There's at least two or three in the Character Registry that have Segunda Etapa, am I to presume that those characters aren't playing?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

Which are those?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Both rulers of las noches?(I think):
    Jehoel: Has one if I remember right.
    Dainichi: Was strongly implied to have one before he died.

And maybe someone else that I can't think of or find right now?

I think we have as many or more active characters with a Bankai than a Segunda Etapa, despite us aiming to restrict the former more heavily than the latter. (Nope see my edit.)

Edit: I'm all but sure The Holow King has one, and the Queen has one, but she's never used it and there's no formal write up yet.

Those are all faction leaders or equivalent, so lets either keep it that way, or nudge the ceiling ever so slightly lower. My opinion on the power range for SE is that it should be somewhere around Segunda Espada and up at the lowest requirement, probably a bit higher.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2014-10-20 at 10:57 AM.

Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

That being said, Segunda Etapa is considerably more dangerous than Bankai on the power level scale. And even in Canon Segunda Etapa was kind of rare.

EDIT: We also have almost exclusively Captain-level Shinigami in play, and even so not all seats are filled: Recon and MedLog are still open, and I'm still not 100% clear on how the SSI is divided right now, other than Hideki happens to be the head of the Engineering Division. I can't remember if he has Bankai or not yet, but I know Chouko doesn't.

Dainichi is dead, and already was, in fact, before play started. Both Reene and Von Geister are endgame villains, too.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-10-20 at 11:04 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show