New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVI: We have a space base now!

Jehoel and Turiel both have SE.
    Pretty sure Draken stated that the King and Queen have it as well.

But all 4 of them are stupid-old.

Bankai-wise the numbers are skewed (or at least feel that way) due to honestly shaky consistency within Gotei ranks. We keep getting then losing characters.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed. Koutarou was supposed to achieve Bankai WAY later, for instance. I always left Setsurou as a "does he have it/doesn't he have it" on purpose, mostly because I couldn't make a decent write-up for it.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-10-20 at 11:06 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Chouko is the actual captain of Engineering, Hideki is the liutenant. They do however reverse rank in the private organization that is attached to Engineering, SENCorp. Which is why Hideki handles most of the money affairs of the division.

Also I don't think there are any active players left in the SSI.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Chouko is the actual captain of Engineering, Hideki is the liutenant. They do however reverse rank in the private organization that is attached to Engineering, SENCorp. Which is why Hideki handles most of the money affairs of the division.

Also I don't think there are any active players left in the SSI.
    Momoka's going into SSI, I thought. But beyond her, no, there aren't.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Orc in the Playground

Momoka is in fact going into the SSI officially, once she's been pardoned, and unless someone else shows up, I'm finding it likely she'll become captain.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-20 at 12:12 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    That being said, Segunda Etapa is considerably more dangerous than Bankai on the power level scale. And even in Canon Segunda Etapa was kind of rare.
    Closer to nonexistent, really.

Dainichi is dead, and already was, in fact, before play started. Both Reene and Von Geister are endgame villains, too.
    Dainichi was actually killed on-screen due to player disappearance.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

I think I'm going to need more shoe-mustard.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

What the heck is shoe mustard.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

I'm obviously putting my foot in my mouth repeatedly.

Ergo, shoe-mustard.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Anyway, with things nearly wrapped for the teens, I am ready to move onto the short timeskip. Which conversations/scenes are still pending? I know there's Jehoel's and Koutarou's talk, but Masaru and Setsurou could be moved to after the timeskip, IMO.

For the record, I am thinking a period of 3 days to a week.

On a related topic, the new Tercera Espada is on the market for fraccion! Criteria:

• Preferably plant-based powers, or something else to fit with Quidel's sun theme.
    • Possibly Aztec.
    • Attractive females get priority. Mister Sun God is pretty vain.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-20 at 07:59 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no objections, I was trying to get a scene going, but I can do that just as easily post time-skip.

((Also Frozen offered to help come up with things for my characters to do, but I don't think they noticed my reply?))
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

I'm planning on making myself an Espada character.

He'll basically be what inspired vampire legends. Originally an animal Hollow. Relatively young in terms of power development though, so he won't be competing with the likes of Jehoel or Von Geister in the age = power department.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm planning on making myself an Espada character.

He'll basically be what inspired vampire legends. Originally an animal Hollow. Relatively young in terms of power development though, so he won't be competing with the likes of Jehoel or Von Geister in the age = power department.
    Vampire legends are actually really, really old, if you are thinking of doing a medieval guy. Unless you mean medieval vampire legends.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuroi, you are playing two Captain-level characters already (in rank, even if not in raw power). You don't need a third.

Also, the "old awesome hollow who inspired some ****" -gimmick is getting kinda old. You people do realize you can have young, powerful characters, right? And that it'd make sense for there to be some, since Las Noches has been hogging nearly all Hollows during the game and turned them into Arrancars. Not everything inspiring needs to have happened in the past. Inspire some new legends for a change.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-10-21 at 05:16 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

I'm making it a point to make him so he's NOT more powerful from age. It's actually meant to be a contrast. Yes, as an Espada, he might place as a Captain-tier, but he'd be a very low Captain-tier. And I have no Hollow characters so far in this iteration of the game, while Las Noches is kind of... empty.

(And if we're going to get technical, the current Hasunaga is so blurry on that power line it's not funny.)

Why don't you wait until I write him up before critiquing, hmmm?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't need to be an Espada to fill the place up. I don't think it's in the game's best interest for everyone to be playing a powerful character at every side. (Part of the reason why I retired Li & Hoshi & why I don't have any Hollow characters besides Mikael's satellites.)

Strawberry, is Gwynned going to talk back when talked to?

EDIT: As far as Hasunaga goes, he's in a funny place due to a) having talked big, b) having expressed fear of even the weakest Arrancars and c) refusing to take on the only challenge that would've tested the upper limits of his strenght. Hasunaga's biggest on-screen feat was taking a punch from Katsuo early on, but since then Katsuo's strenght has multiplied by a factor of over 100, where as Hasunaga has not displayed any improvement.

I think it's safe to say Hasunaga's been eclipsed by Tamaki, Chuck, Naito and especially Katsuo by now. It'd be in-character of him to be in denial about it, though.

Cardrian: sorry, you're right, I missed your post. Do you want me to control the Hollow you foreshadowed, or would you rather my character arrive just as a spectator?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-10-21 at 08:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

...which part of "this isn't going to be a powerful character" did not get through to you, Frozen?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

What did you not get "in rank, if not in power"? Even a weak Espada is a city-level operator through political influence alone.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

If it helps any, I don't plan on him starting out as one. He'll actually ask to become one, unlike Quidel.

Look... I'm gonna do a basic write-up. Tell me what you think of it, and if that doesn't work, I'll table the idea. Alright?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Doing it round-aboutedly like that is mildly better, but again you already have two characters on that level.

On a different note, I'd like to ask Animekid if he's still interested in playing Kyoki. Because while it'd be simpler for Kuroi's hypothetical character to replace Tinja, who's gone unplayed for a long time, I think it'd make for a more interesting introduction if said hypothetical character actually fought someone. It'd also allow for removing Kyoki from the game if Animekid's lost interest in her.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Your argument would carry more weight if we weren't criminally short on players who consistently post, Frozen.

EDIT: Also, I'm fine with a.) the 3-7ish day time skip, and b.) moving Masaru and Setsorou's conversation to after the skip.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2014-10-21 at 11:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Works for me too. Let's just settle on an actual period for said timeskip, shall we?

Also, the basic writeup for Sagarosso is done, though it's missing a few things like personality and basic description. The nitty-gritty of Frozen's main point of contention is basically done.

Sagarosso Vespertilio

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Once upon a time there was a meso-american bat.

This bat lived near a Mayan settlement. The natives went on about their lives, farming corn, making human sacrifices and such. They would kill their prisoners to appease the gods, to crown new kings, to go to war. As it so happens, both the activity itself and the prisoners happened to be powerfully spiritual in nature, and the bat enjoyed dutifully watching the procedures - seeing as it had a hard time sleeping during the day as bats are wont to do.

The rituals also made him very hungry. Every now and then, he would drink the blood resulting from those rituals. And he would grow larger.

And larger.

And smarter.

Over time, the bat began to hunger more. But no regular blood would do. Without knowing, he had become addicted to the blood of spiritually powerful creatures. He became a predator, a legend. He began prowling the cities of the Mayan civilization, and became known as Camazotz.

Given time, Camazotz grew curious about the world. Long before the conquistadors came to make short work of the people of central America, the monstrosity had left his once home to cross the ocean. His spawn, though also monstrous, did not thrive without his presence, a fact he would never know.

But Camazotz quickly discovered that the people from across that vast expanse of water were not so quick to revere him. Hunted as he was, the bat's vast accumulated spiritual energy gave way to necessity, and he discovered the ability to transform himself. Having long studied the human customs, he could pass for one with relatively little difficulty. These creatures fascinated him for their creativity, and their own patterns of bloodlust. For the next hundreds of years or so, he amused himself by terrifying them in new and horrific ways, travelling far and wide to do so - and discovering and honing new abilities on the way. He even briefly governed them for a while as one Vlad the Impaler, but proved to have a significantly weaker grasp on political and military affairs than his intelligence would otherwise attest to.

Worldly records of his activity cease after that. It is believed by those few watchful entities active at the time that Camazotz really died near the end of the 15th century. Either that, or it pulled the greatest disappearing trick in spiritual history. Regardless, nearly four hundred years later, rumors were uttered in hushed tones of a vampiric monstrosity prowling Hueco Mundo...

Spoiler: Powers and Abilities
    Show

Sonido: Sagarosso's most honed skill. Between his reflexes and his high-speed movement, he can be a very difficult target to catch. Moreover, his Sonido is completely silent. He seems to disdain using it until he starts taking his opponent seriously.

Hierro: Practically non-existent. He has basically no form of passive defense. Though his shadows can be used actively for this purpose to good effect, anything that catches him will basically tear him apart as it would a regular human.

Regeneration: The high-speed kind. Chopped off parts of himself remain motile even afterwards and can easily return to him. Actually destroyed parts of his body have to be regenerated from scratch. Unlike many Hollows, where this process is powered by Reiatsu but mostly automatic, Sagarosso's regeneration depends on his blood reserves. Done enough times, his regeneration slows to a crawl until it stops. The flipside to this is that he can survive decapitation or even outright destruction of his brain; in order to kill him, Sagarosso's spiritual center must be destroyed - an organ that he can move around his body at will or even eject, though this is a last resort move that leaves him even MORE vulnerable.

Garganta: He can't do any fancy tricks with it. At best, it can be said he can open them.

Bala, Cero: Cannot perform. Sagarosso does not use energy projectiles.

Spoiler: "Vampiric" powers
    Show

Sagarosso retains all of his powers from when he was alive, which actually casts doubt as to whether he is a spirit or he's simply mimicking a Hollow. These include:

Heightened Senses: Sagarosso can see in the darkness as well as infrared, though he has otherwise poor visual acuity. He is also capable of echolocation, and his hearing (which he can thankfully tune down) can pick up even the heartbeat of a person in a crowded street. His sense of smell is highly developed, not to the point where he could track from it (unless he's tracking someone with an open wound), but to the point where he can idenfity people by scent - specifically the scent of their blood.

Bloodsucking: Instead of devouring souls whole, he drains blood or Reiatsu from his victims. This is something that he should not HAVE to do as an Arrancar - but he does. Both forms of 'feeding' tend to weaken the victim on some level, and he can only do so through direct physical contact. When it comes to blood, he must also be touching skin at the very least. The upside is that he doesn't actually HAVE to kill anyone to feed. Blood drained is used to produce Reiatsu over time, and is the sole source of his regeneration - the more extensive the damage, the more quickly his blood reserves run low.

Metamorphosis: Sagarosso can freely change his physical shape into anything with up to a 25% increase in his own mass, or up to 50% smaller while condensing his mass appropriately. He typically employs this ability to lengthen his reach or to create new attack forms. (Or just to screw with people's minds.) He can actually physically mimic any individual with this ability, down to voice and even the unique sound of the heartbeat, but he cannot duplicate spiritual pressure.

Blood manipulation: By ingesting the blood of a victim, Sagarosso can tell a lot of things - their diet, physical characteristics and even their emotional state at the time. His mimicry (see above) is at its peak when he can drink the blood of the target he'll imitate. He can also link telepathically with someone whose blood he drank at least once, and even imbue his shadow with a semblance of temporary autonomy.

Domination: Through direct eye contact, Sagarosso can hypnotize a victim, usually implanting a specific suggestion to be activated at a certain time. The greater the difference in power, the harder it becomes to resist (thus, regular humans are almost always affected, etc.). Anyone with a spiritual pressure in the mid-to-upper tier of a Seated Officer is practically immune to this power. Most suggestions don't last more than 48 hours. Straight-up domination lasts even less and needs constant renewal unless the victim isn't resisting it. He can't issue obviously self-destructive orders or blatantly impossible suggestions.

Great Strength: Sagarosso can lift up to 8 metric tons above his head, and his fingertips can exert a pressure of up to 300 kg/cmē.

Shadow manipulation: Sagarosso's shadow is dense and controlled by his Reiatsu. It can be shaped at his whim, turning into a cape, wings, tendrils, and so on. It has an effective maximum range of 30 feet. It can also be employed defensively to a certain extent, though its effectiveness is based on the area covered - the bigger the area, the weaker as a defensive measure it is. At its best (and therefore most compact) it can withstand an impact like that of a level 50 Hadou, chanted, cast by a Seated Officer. When combined with his blood, it can be used to create autonomous constructs (though doing so diminishes the amount of "usable" shadow by a like amount, and its active time is dependant on the amount of blood used in its creation) which he uses as spies.

Spoiler: Zanpakutou
    Show

Reina Asesina - Killer Queen
    "Beba, Reina Asesina" (Drink, Killer Queen)
    Ressurreccion: Sagarosso becomes taller, his hair turns white and long, his skin turns black and shadowy, he grows leathery bat wings, his arms and legs become longer and grow thick talons, and his eyes turn a bloodshot red.

Aside from increasing his speed and strength, as well as roughly doubling the amount of shadow he has to "work with", his Ressurreccion allows him to drain blood through wounds inflicted by his shadow. It also allows him to create a zone of 'darkness' around him roughly 100 feet in radius. Unlike his shadow, it can't be used to attack, only to impair sight, though he is detectable by other methods (even sound, despite it being much more difficult to do so). The zone of darkness also muddles detection via Reiatsu, though an acute enough sensor can still pick it up.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-10-21 at 11:49 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Let's call it a week long timeskip, then? And move any effectually past conversations into spoilers. I'll admit this is mostly personal preference.

EDIT: And for the record, looks good to me, although this makes two characters who can drain reiatsu. I don't really care, though I find it a little funny that Quidel could probably help Sagarosso by shining light on him.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-21 at 03:27 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

So should I wait to post until after this time skip?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

You should wait to post until we've all had a look at your character and any issues pointed out have been addressed in a new post on OOC.

I know how it sounds, it's just kinda what we do as a rule here, which we should actually write down as a rule. Sorry 'bout that.

Speaking of. Anyone taken a look at Sagarosso yet?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

It's been up for a few days, just figured no one had any other problems with it.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly I didn't see any glaring issues with Shen Yi. And it seems it's already been somewhat discussed, and honestly, nobody saying anything when they don't see issues is par for the course.

And I edited in a response with my last post, re: Sagarosso, Kuroi.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-21 at 03:27 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Let's call it a week long timeskip, then? And move any effectually past conversations into spoilers. I'll admit this is mostly personal preference.

EDIT: And for the record, looks good to me, although this makes two characters who can drain reiatsu. I don't really care, though I find it a little funny that Quidel could probably help Sagarosso by shining light on him.
    That is funny, especially because I thought of the guy as a counterpoint to Quidel, at least initially.

Can you spot all the references?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Honestly I didn't see any glaring issues with Shen Yi. And it seems it's already been somewhat discussed, and honestly, nobody saying anything when they don't see issues is par for the course.
    I figured that was the case. I suppose I should ask, is there anything else holding him up or may I post after the Time Skip?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

I would prefer if you went into a bit more detail about his abilities.

Things like how high are the Kidou levels he can cast (Hadou and Bakudou), how proficient in Hohou he is, how good he is at Zanjutsu, and so on and forth. I find those details to be a bit... vague at the moment.

Also, exactly what are "Yogan no Yojimbo" and "Dei Hendo Akuma" supposed to mean? I'd be happy to translate some names for you.

On his Zanpakutou: how large is the range on his comet hammer? How big are the rifts in the ground he can create? How deep? How resistant is his "wall of rock" when in Bankai? How big a "deluge of weapons" can it produce?

I actually like his concept, especially because it gives the criminal element of Soul Society a form and face, but what he can actually do at this point could use a bit more defining.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show