New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVI: We have a space base now!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Doing it round-aboutedly like that is mildly better, but again you already have two characters on that level.

On a different note, I'd like to ask Animekid if he's still interested in playing Kyoki. Because while it'd be simpler for Kuroi's hypothetical character to replace Tinja, who's gone unplayed for a long time, I think it'd make for a more interesting introduction if said hypothetical character actually fought someone. It'd also allow for removing Kyoki from the game if Animekid's lost interest in her.
    Hrmm...I probably would be interesting in keeping Kyoki. Just need to pull up my big boy pants and stop dreading posting in the spirit world side of the game. After all, it's not like it can all be politics and trying desperately to keep up with how many schemes are going on right?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I would prefer if you went into a bit more detail about his abilities.
    Certainly!

Things like how high are the Kidou levels he can cast (Hadou and Bakudou), how proficient in Hohou he is, how good he is at Zanjutsu, and so on and forth. I find those details to be a bit... vague at the moment.
    I'll edit these into the final write up but I'll answer them here first. Hado is probably in the 90's and bakudo is probably in the 30s, since his whole shtick is Attack is the Best Defense.

Also, exactly what are "Yogan no Yojimbo" and "Dei Hendo Akuma" supposed to mean? I'd be happy to translate some names for you.
    I took the no out of Yogan Yojimbo since it didn't make sense (not that Kubo makes them make full sense either). Yogan Yojimbo is Volcano Bodyguard and Dei Hendo Akuma is Cataclysm Devil. I think both are pretty fitting.

On his Zanpakutou: how large is the range on his comet hammer? How big are the rifts in the ground he can create? How deep? How resistant is his "wall of rock" when in Bankai? How big a "deluge of weapons" can it produce?
    1. A mile at max? Half a mile? Long enough that it's "stunning"

2. Not big or deep enough for people to fall through, it's mostly just for "visual aesthetic", the lava plumes are the danger of the ground slam attack.

3. No more or less strong than regular rock.

4. I was considering his "final move" creating a pair of howitzer cannons to rain down molten boulders on things so...enough that he's not going to run out of weapons before his bankai timer is up?

I actually like his concept, especially because it gives the criminal element of Soul Society a form and face, but what he can actually do at this point could use a bit more defining.
    Thanks!

And as to Frozen, I don't mind making him a Vizard if it really feels like they need to enter the story. Could be a reason why the Shinigami just haven't all ROFLstomped him and could be a reason he got thrown out of the Soul King Palace.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-21 at 07:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

You don't need to be an Espada to fill the place up. I don't think it's in the game's best interest for everyone to be playing a powerful character at every side. (Part of the reason why I retired Li & Hoshi & why I don't have any Hollow characters besides Mikael's satellites.)
    That is a lot of why I made all my characters quite a bit weaker than I had initially planned them to be. I've only got one captain-ranking character, and she's still been weaker than most characters so far. Also, I think she still is the youngest Espada.

>Also, I totally think Sagarosso Vespertilio and Suou Nicole should face off since they both have vampire-blood abilities. Sure, she'd be completely outclassed unless I decide to power her up as a result of losing (well, that's how they get stronger in the manga, don't they?), but it'd still be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Hrmm...I probably would be interesting in keeping Kyoki. Just need to pull up my big boy pants and stop dreading posting in the spirit world side of the game. After all, it's not like it can all be politics and trying desperately to keep up with how many schemes are going on right?
    Oh! I've been dreading that, too! Or, more specifically, dreading trying to find out all that's going on that might have to do with my characters.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-10-21 at 06:59 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    I'll edit these into the final write up but I'll answer them here first. Hado is probably in the 90's and bakudo is probably in the 30s, since his whole shtick is Attack is the Best Defense.

------

And as to Frozen, I don't mind making him a Vizard if it really feels like they need to enter the story. Could be a reason why the Shinigami just haven't all ROFLstomped him and could be a reason he got thrown out of the Soul King Palace.
    Personally I'd find it more interesting if he managed not being caught through cunning and resourcefulness instead of raw power. But.

And so, worth noting that 90s hado seems to be pretty much the province of master practitioners of kido. Not uncommon to break that trend, but 90s are basically top-notch, even 80s have the lightning doom cannon. I don't really mind any which way, but worth consideration if this isn't what you intended.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Personally I'd find it more interesting if he managed not being caught through cunning and resourcefulness instead of raw power. But.

And so, worth noting that 90s hado seems to be pretty much the province of master practitioners of kido. Not uncommon to break that trend, but 90s are basically top-notch, even 80s have the lightning doom cannon. I don't really mind any which way, but worth consideration if this isn't what you intended.
    Raw power only gets you so far until you become a liability and it makes you less able to defend yourself. Can't nuke a city block and hide, the trail'd be to hot. Even if all you've got is a giant hammer, unless you know when to punch a nail down all you are is a big fat target. And I intended for him to be fairly well proficient in Hado, since it keeps in line with the Total Power doctrine.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-21 at 07:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

His mindset and combat style sounds pretty much identical to Hideki's. Except that Hideki has his insane bias against Hakuda and all his technoshenanigans as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    His mindset and combat style sounds pretty much identical to Hideki's. Except that Hideki has his insane bias against Hakuda and all his technoshenanigans as well.
    I hope that doesn't mean I'm treading on your character? Shen also has a bias towards Hakuda however, he's just not above using it.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope that doesn't mean I'm treading on your character? Shen also has a bias towards Hakuda however, he's just not above using it.
    They fight similarly and have similar backgrounds (as craftsmen). That is where the similarities brutally end. It is more interesting than anything else, I would say.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

They fight similarly and have similar backgrounds (as craftsmen). That is where the similarities brutally end. It is more interesting than anything else, I would say.
    Alright, just making sure!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Certainly!

I took the no out of Yogan Yojimbo since it didn't make sense (not that Kubo makes them make full sense either). Yogan Yojimbo is Volcano Bodyguard and Dei Hendo Akuma is Cataclysm Devil. I think both are pretty fitting.

1. A mile at max? Half a mile? Long enough that it's "stunning"

2. Not big or deep enough for people to fall through, it's mostly just for "visual aesthetic", the lava plumes are the danger of the ground slam attack.

3. No more or less strong than regular rock.

4. I was considering his "final move" creating a pair of howitzer cannons to rain down molten boulders on things so...enough that he's not going to run out of weapons before his bankai timer is up?

Thanks!

I can only find two spells in the 90's range, and one of them blows a part of you up along with your opponent. Is there a reason why there's such a massive rift between his Hadou and Bakudou capabilities outside of his personal philosophy?

Mkay. If I may make a suggestion? I don't know where you're getting those words from, but the term for volcano in Japanese is Kazan (火山, literally "Fire Mountain"), and there's a lot of terms for cataclysm in that language, all depending on what kind of catastrophe we're talking about.

A mile long reach is... a bit excessive. I think 300 feet would be a pretty damn stunning range for something that's supposed to still be usable as a reach weapon.

Hmmm... it might not make a particularly good defense then, but seeing as your guy is all about offense, that shouldn't be a problem.

How long does his bankai usually last? How big or deadly are the weapons? Come on man, don't spare us the juicy details!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

I can only find two spells in the 90's range, and one of them blows a part of you up along with your opponent. Is there a reason why there's such a massive rift between his Hadou and Bakudou capabilities outside of his personal philosophy?
    There's probably more but I'd rather explore his interaction with the Black Tortoise King (is there a player for that? I didn't see a write up) or with flashbacks and the like. But to expound on it a little, I intended for him to be in what ever standing "Army" the Royal Guard had standing around in case of invasion (since there are in canon) and it was just important for him to be the best at offense and not really worrying about defense since the Realm itself could handle that. Originally I was going to make him a Puppet Master type user with a Zanpakuto that summoned a lot of physical bodies and weapons for them instead of the Forging angle. His backstory didn't change much, just his power set.

Mkay. If I may make a suggestion? I don't know where you're getting those words from, but the term for volcano in Japanese is Kazan (火山, literally "Fire Mountain"), and there's a lot of terms for cataclysm in that language, all depending on what kind of catastrophe we're talking about.
    Google, but does it being actually correct matter outside of personal feelings? Kubo's not to worried about his languages making sense (Looking at you Spanish and German) so is it that important?

A mile long reach is... a bit excessive. I think 300 feet would be a pretty damn stunning range for something that's supposed to still be usable as a reach weapon.
    Figured it might be a bit long but Gin had one way longer. I'm honestly not worried about the numbers, it just has Range: Long to put it in a D&D sense. It's long enough that it's a threat where ever you go and still want to engage Shen.

Hmmm... it might not make a particularly good defense then, but seeing as your guy is all about offense, that shouldn't be a problem.
    It's not intended to be, it's more of a trap than anything and a last line if need be.

How long does his bankai usually last? How big or deadly are the weapons? Come on man, don't spare us the juicy details!
    But that lessens the surprise! I'm not exactly sure what you want, joking aside, for information. He can make weapons out of molten lava and fling them at people and they can be anything from kitchen knives to buzz saws to the aforementioned giant artillery. He can make a ton of them or leave the corona as a swirling mass of lava to get people when they get close Think Zato-1 from Guilty Gear amped to 11. As for how long his bankai lasts, plot? I don't particularly think Free Form RPing requires time limits TBH and victory isn't determined by power but by the people involved coming to the decision on who gets to win.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-21 at 10:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

I was more meaning he could do what me and Cardrian talked about, and make a Zanpakuto out of a Hollow. Then that Zanpakuto could turn someone into a Vizard somewhere along the line.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

There's probably more but I'd rather explore his interaction with the Black Tortoise King (is there a player for that? I didn't see a write up) or with flashbacks and the like. But to expound on it a little, I intended for him to be in what ever standing "Army" the Royal Guard had standing around in case of invasion (since there are in canon) and it was just important for him to be the best at offense and not really worrying about defense since the Realm itself could handle that. Originally I was going to make him a Puppet Master type user with a Zanpakuto that summoned a lot of physical bodies and weapons for them instead of the Forging angle. His backstory didn't change much, just his power set.

Google, but does it being actually correct matter outside of personal feelings? Kubo's not to worried about his languages making sense (Looking at you Spanish and German) so is it that important?

Figured it might be a bit long but Gin had one way longer. I'm honestly not worried about the numbers, it just has Range: Long to put it in a D&D sense. It's long enough that it's a threat where ever you go and still want to engage Shen.

It's not intended to be, it's more of a trap than anything and a last line if need be.

But that lessens the surprise! I'm not exactly sure what you want, joking aside, for information. He can make weapons out of molten lava and fling them at people and they can be anything from kitchen knives to buzz saws to the aforementioned giant artillery. He can make a ton of them or leave the corona as a swirling mass of lava to get people when they get close Think Zato-1 from Guilty Gear amped to 11. As for how long his bankai lasts, plot? I don't particularly think Free Form RPing requires time limits TBH and victory isn't determined by power but by the people involved coming to the decision on who gets to win.
    His player left, I'm afraid.

It kinda does, at least in my eyes. We made an effort to make our foreign language denominations as correct as possible. And google is absolute crap for Japanese translation. Like I said, I'd be happy to translate for you.

I don't think we had that many confrontations at that long a range. Even the ones with Hideki don't count, he's a friggin' sniper. (In fact, he's always played artillery support over direct combat as far as I've seen.)

Nothing to add on that front.

We could at least use a general sense of how long the guy can go. Duration of plot is fine; "plot" having a duration of "days" is a little less so. Take it from me: people really dislike "I never detailed that part on purpose to surprise you". (I should know, I usually make people mad when I pull it off...)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

A small correction: The Black Tortoise King has never had a player. The character has only been referred to by his title and we don't even know his real name. He was deliberately left a blank slate in case someone wanted to play him.

We do know the following things about the Royal Guard: they don't pay all that much attention to what goes on in the lower realms and the only time they'll interfere with anything going on in Soul Society is if Gotei is non-functional and Seireitei has been obliterated, to rebuild them from scratch. They only exist to protect the Soul King and be absorbed by him in time. What means they'd have to fight an invasion are unknown; there's been no need to define them, as no enemy has shown either the means or intent to attack them.

If you can't find a motivation for fleeing from the above, you are free to write the personality of the Black Tortoise King pretty much how you want, Razade.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

I was more meaning he could do what me and Cardrian talked about, and make a Zanpakuto out of a Hollow. Then that Zanpakuto could turn someone into a Vizard somewhere along the line.
    Ah, that'd be fine too.

It kinda does, at least in my eyes. We made an effort to make our foreign language denominations as correct as possible. And google is absolute crap for Japanese translation. Like I said, I'd be happy to translate for you.
    I see. The German the Quincy are using in this game is, to put it nicely, not as correct as possible. I like the names as they are, do they really -have- to change so I can post in the game? Because, and you'll forgive me, but that seems pretty silly a reason to block a player from the game.

I don't think we had that many confrontations at that long a range. Even the ones with Hideki don't count, he's a friggin' sniper. (In fact, he's always played artillery support over direct combat as far as I've seen.)
    Like I said, 300 feet is fine. The number isn't important so much as it's capable of getting people at long range, even if you're sniping.

We could at least use a general sense of how long the guy can go. Duration of plot is fine; "plot" having a duration of "days" is a little less so. Take it from me: people really dislike "I never detailed that part on purpose to surprise you". (I should know, I usually make people mad when I pull it off...)
    Bankai in canon seems to last a pretty long time, even days. It lasts a long time, long enough that it's not going to end during a combat.

A small correction: The Black Tortoise King has never had a player. The character has only been referred to by his title and we don't even know his real name. He was deliberately left a blank slate in case someone wanted to play him.

We do know the following things about the Royal Guard: they don't pay all that much attention to what goes on in the lower realms and the only time they'll interfere with anything going on in Soul Society is if Gotei is non-functional and Seireitei has been obliterated, to rebuild them from scratch. They only exist to protect the Soul King and be absorbed by him in time. What means they'd have to fight an invasion are unknown; there's been no need to define them, as no enemy has shown either the means or intent to attack them.

If you can't find a motivation for fleeing from the above, you are free to write the personality of the Black Tortoise King pretty much how you want, Razade.
    I see, very well. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, that'd be fine too.

I see. The German the Quincy are using in this game is, to put it nicely, not as correct as possible. I like the names as they are, do they really -have- to change so I can post in the game? Because, and you'll forgive me, but that seems pretty silly a reason to block a player from the game.

Like I said, 300 feet is fine. The number isn't important so much as it's capable of getting people at long range, even if you're sniping.

Bankai in canon seems to last a pretty long time, even days. It lasts a long time, long enough that it's not going to end during a combat.

I see, very well. Thanks!

Now now, nobody is blocking anybody from doing anything. It's not like my word on this is final. We even have characters whose Zanpakutou don't have Japanese names in KD's Hiraku Masaru. With that said, I would REALLY like those names changed. Or at least let's stop pretending they mean what you say they do. Because they don't, and that bugs the everloving **** out of the linguist in me. Keep in mind, if you do know German, you're more than welcome to correct us.

Eh, I'm the one who suggested 300 feet, so that's fine by me too.

I see no evidence in canon of anyone ever sustaining Bankai for days, but "long duration" is something I can live with (even if combat doesn't happen to have a fixed duration. It's not like we keep count of how much time has effectively passed from one post to the next). Keep in mind Bankai is kinda like a runner's sprint - it's the apex of your effort. No one can keep top speed more than a few minutes without collapsing. Bankai is not as stringent on that front, but it's still exhausting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Now now, nobody is blocking anybody from doing anything. It's not like my word on this is final. We even have characters whose Zanpakutou don't have Japanese names in KD's Hiraku Masaru. With that said, I would REALLY like those names changed. Or at least let's stop pretending they mean what you say they do. Because they don't, and that bugs the everloving **** out of the linguist in me. Keep in mind, if you do know German, you're more than welcome to correct us.
    Forgive me for being obstinate and I'm sorry that it bugs you I'm not a linguist, my brother is and honestly he has the same issue and all I can do is shrug and is one big reason I'm not really interested in having a protracted argument over the names or wording of it. Even less concerned about correcting peoples German in an online FFFRPG. So unless you're going to rend your flesh asunder seeing it typed every now and again I'd just as well not change it since it doesn't really matter for game balance.

I see no evidence in canon of anyone ever sustaining Bankai for days, but "long duration" is something I can live with (even if combat doesn't happen to have a fixed duration. It's not like we keep count of how much time has effectively passed from one post to the next). Keep in mind Bankai is kinda like a runner's sprint - it's the apex of your effort. No one can keep top speed more than a few minutes without collapsing. Bankai is not as stringent on that front, but it's still exhausting.
    Kenpachi and Ichigo can have their Bankai going nigh indefinitely. They're constant release types so that seems their territory but the only character who explicitly even has a time limit on their Bankai is Hitsugaya and that's merely because he hasn't mastered it. They never mention time limits on bankai and never show them ending unless the person in question is dying or out of juice which seems a fine enough limiter to me. Shen can't have it running every day, all day.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-22 at 09:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

As long as you realize that opens up a whole avenue of hilarious conversation IC where an actual japanese speaker pokes fun at Shen Yi's broken japanese sword name.

Also, is Setsurou in two places at once? o_O
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-10-22 at 10:03 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Nope. That's just me forgetting to place adequate time tags on a scene.

I was tempted to say 'Yes' but that could raise a stink until people realized it was a joke.

Y'know, Razade... yes, it would tear my flesh asunder. It would make me want to claw my eyes out in disgust. It would kill me a little inside, until all that remained was a hollowed-out husk of my former self, which would then be filled by venomous critters. It'd haunt me like the ghost of my dead grandfather every time I typo a word or play the wrong key on a piano. It'd feel like someone hid all my socks until I no longer had matching pairs, and then drove my house keys through my temples and twerked in my face.

And then I would encase myself in lava, and flay newborn puppies.

Do you want the blood of puppies in your hands, Razade? DO YOU?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-10-22 at 10:10 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

That is their Shikai, actually.

---------

On a separate matter, you never bothered to mention corrections to my potentially ****ty google translated Japanese, Kuroi (although I guess I use single words or combined double words so it doesn't much matter?). What have I been spouting of late?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

As long as you realize that opens up a whole avenue of hilarious conversation IC where an actual japanese speaker pokes fun at Shen Yi's broken japanese sword name.
    As long as potential wisecrakers don't mind concrete shoes I'm sure it'll work out fine.

That is their Shikai, actually.

---------

On a separate matter, you never bothered to mention corrections to my potentially ****ty google translated Japanese, Kuroi (although I guess I use single words or combined double words so it doesn't much matter?). What have I been spouting of late?
    For Kenpachi true, but Ichigo had his Bankai out in the Hueco Mundo arc from fairly early on to the end of when he defeated Aizen if I recall correctly, maybe a few times inbetween he dropped it but that was over at least a few days (one would hope). We never really get time limits save Hitsugaya is more my point. Story doesn't seem to worried about clarifying when Bankai ends unless the fight is over.
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-22 at 10:14 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Mostly because they weren't wrong. Although it's been a while since I double-checked anything.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As long as potential wisecrakers don't mind concrete shoes I'm sure it'll work out fine.
    How about you tone down your own wise-***ery?

Kuroi was trying to help. He was trying to provide a more correct (linguistically) name suggestion that was still dramatic and striking. He was providing a friendly suggestion to let you have your cake and eat it too. Maybe be a little more appreciative of that?

As for the German of our Quincy techniques and the like, I at least speak for myself when I say I'm open to assistance making the names more correct while preserving their meaning and dramatic flair.

For Kenpachi true, but Ichigo had his Bankai out in the Hueco Mundo arc from fairly early on to the end of when he defeated Aizen if I recall correctly, maybe a few times inbetween he dropped it but that was over at least a few days (one would hope). We never really get time limits save Hitsugaya is more my point. Story doesn't seem to worried about clarifying when Bankai ends unless the fight is over.
    Ichigo is not only a Main Shonen Protaganist, he's a freakish hybrid of every single race except Bounts. He should never be an example for anything.

Further, Ichigo's Bankai is explicitly a compression of all his power to wrap it around himself (coat) and store it in a smaller form (sword). That's inherently different than a guy who summons up hundreds-of-feet-long plumes of molten lava.
    Lava-summoning, to that degree and volume, is the sort of power more akin to Yamamoto or Hitsugaya, both of whom are stated or implied to have much less endurance than Ichigo, at least when it comes to "staying in Bankai".

As for reach, keep in mind that while, yes, Gin's reach was enormous, it was also a narrow area and it didn't carry the same environmental hazard inherent to lots of molten rock.

Though I am now getting the amusing thought of this character fighting Turiel.
    "Eat molten metal!"
    "Oh you heated it up for me? You're so nice!"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    How about you tone down your own wise-***ery?

Kuroi was trying to help. He was trying to provide a more correct (linguistically) name suggestion that was still dramatic and striking. He was providing a friendly suggestion to let you have your cake and eat it too. Maybe be a little more appreciative of that?

As for the German of our Quincy techniques and the like, I at least speak for myself when I say I'm open to assistance making the names more correct while preserving their meaning and dramatic flair.
    I'm not going at this with malice, I don't think anything needs to get heated man. I declined it the first time and then I got told it bugged him which I apologized for. I also apologize for somehow upsetting you. I don't want to change the names of his Shikai or Bankai because it doesn't trouble me that the Japanese is badly translated at best but if it makes you and Kuroimaken happy, Kuroimaken, you can PM me the correct phrases and I'll put them on the page alongside the ones I put down. Happy compromise, that's what it's all about right?

Further, Ichigo's Bankai is explicitly a compression of all his power to wrap it around himself (coat) and store it in a smaller form (sword). That's inherently different than a guy who summons up hundreds-of-feet-long plumes of molten lava.
    Lava-summoning, to that degree and volume, is the sort of power more akin to Yamamoto or Hitsugaya, both of whom are stated or implied to have much less endurance than Ichigo, at least when it comes to "staying in Bankai".
    I don't think they ever said anything about Old Man Yam's endurance and considering he could light people on fire with his mere unreleased presence and can summon one billion (probably some bad translation) flaming skeletons to fight for him he's probably got stamina in spades. It's also explicitely said, as I pointed out, that Hitsugaya's time limit is because he's young and unpracticed with his bankai. None of the other Captain level forces seem in a rush or fighting the clock with their Zanpakuto. That was my my point.

As for reach, keep in mind that while, yes, Gin's reach was enormous, it was also a narrow area and it didn't carry the same environmental hazard inherent to lots of molten rock.
    Absolutely, which is why I said a significantly less wide range was fine?

Though I am now getting the amusing thought of this character fighting Turiel.
    "Eat molten metal!"
    "Oh you heated it up for me? You're so nice!"
    K?
    Last edited by Razade; 2014-10-22 at 10:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm not going at this with malice, I don't think anything needs to get heated man. I declined it the first time and then I got told it bugged him which I apologized for. I also apologize for somehow upsetting you. I don't want to change the names of his Shikai or Bankai because it doesn't trouble me that the Japanese is badly translated at best but if it makes you and Kuroimaken happy, Kuroimaken, you can PM me the correct phrases and I'll put them on the page alongside the ones I put down. Happy compromise, that's what it's all about right?
    I apologize for the unnecessarily harsh tone I took. But the point about us merely wishing to help remains.
    If that's your decision on compromise it is ultimately your character.
    We were all merely attempting to assist you in better verisimilitude.

I don't think they ever said anything about Old Man Yam's endurance and considering he could light people on fire with his mere unreleased presence and can summon one billion (probably some bad translation) flaming skeletons to fight for him he's probably got stamina in spades. It's also explicitely said, as I pointed out, that Hitsugaya's time limit is because he's young and unpracticed with his bankai. None of the other Captain level forces seem in a rush or fighting the clock with their Zanpakuto. That was my my point.
    Yama himself said his own power would burn him up if used for too long.

It's one thing to be able to fight for hours (Hitsugaya's limit was, as I recall, something like 30 minutes). It's another to fight for days.

Absolutely, which is why I said a significantly less wide range was fine?
    Fair enough. I was merely adding a note to a topic that had come up over the previous pages.

K?
    It's an amused sidenote, because Turiel, my Arrancar character, can, in his first and second releases, eat metal to heal himself and refill his energy. Your guy spontaneously generates metal. Thus, the joke about it already being heated up.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, any of that none-withstanding. Is there anything else I need to do or am I free to post? Would still be cool to get some people in the merry little band of criminals but I understand the game's not bursting with players.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

I have plans, and will probably be formulating a private message to send to you detailing that which could be relevant to Shen Yi.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

I have plans, and will probably be formulating a private message to send to you detailing that which could be relevant to Shen Yi.
    I'll await that then.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cardrian: sorry, you're right, I missed your post. Do you want me to control the Hollow you foreshadowed, or would you rather my character arrive just as a spectator?
    Either or both, you decide.

I was thinking about doing something my spirit world characters, but I should get some momentum going in the mortal world scene first.

In other news, I stayed up late working on characters sheets only for none of it to save, so I have to go retype some work that was already pretty close to last minute, such as a spellcasting-type fullbring*, also, someone that fights like a Soulknife/Binder.*** [/Things I should have done weeks ago]

*In case somebody questions a fullbring-based magic system, there shouldn't be one like kido or ginto, but it should be possible to have one as an ability. (E.G. Orihime**)

Spoiler: **I consider Orihime to be a fullbringer, don't take this as an argument.
    Show
    Plot-hax-crystal induced or not. She's a mortal who channels her power though an item she cares deeply about, and her powers were stated to be of the same type as Chad's IIRC. (Of course, her powers were also supposed to have been caused by Ichigo's spirit radiation, back before anybody knew about said plot-hax-crystal.)

***Someone commenting on that build in 3...
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2014-10-22 at 06:15 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

I'll await that then.
    Nah, if Kuroi or the others are done critiquing, go ahead and do an intro, just stating I will be sending a PM at some point.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!