New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Time Stop/Temporal Acceleration

Hey all,

Just a quick question: there are two abilities, one a spell (Time Stop) and one a Psionic Power (Temporal Acceleration) and I don't quite understand how they work. My guess is that you get multiple actions in a single round? Or are you simply unable to be attacked during the duration? I feel like something just isn't clicking in my head, so some explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Time Stop/Temporal Acceleration

They give you extra rounds worth of actions to use, during which you cannot attack anything. Great for buffing yourself, or avoiding nasty ambushes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Time Stop/Temporal Acceleration

The thing is, that you speed up, so that you can act freely while affected by the spells. This gives you added full round actions, which you can use to either buff yourself, flee or summon allies. You could also place AoE spell with a duration of place things around your enemy like Wall of X or something similar... While under the effect, you move so fast that the added full round actions are taken immediatly and thus your enemies cant attack you... it effectively stops time for the duration. Even tough its actually just an IMBA version of haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    tippy's posted, thread's over now

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.