New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Some questions.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Some questions.

A few questions at the top of my head that I wanted to know, for both 3.5 and pathfinder.

1. Warlock's item "chasuble of fell power greater" which give +2d6 to eldritch blast, if you say have that then have a ring form of the same item on at the same time would the two items stack and giving you a +4d6?

2. I been thinking of making a character that have a mix of dustblade and warlock but what got me is both there abilitys, the eldritch blast (warlock) and the one that ables to use any touch spell with your weapon (dustblade) are both a standernd action. Is there my chance a way for me to use both of these abililtys as one standernd action?

3. The Rogue's sneak attack, can it be used for every attack you make as long you met the requirements or can it only be used once a round? This is a question for both 3.5 and pathfinder.

4. I'm trying to make arrows of fireball or something like that but not sure how (im playing a full wizard), my dm said I can if I can come up with a reasonable formula to do it. He have said there is a booke that tells me how but he didn't want to say it infront of another player or else he would over use it lol. But still if you know the book or some ideas I would be greatful. Also what the cost in time and money it would be to do something like this, the dm is not counting any exp so again all I need to know is how to do it, time and cost it would be to do something like that. With that in mind I was thinking of make arrows that could do the force damage of magic missle but do the dice damage of burning hands (the max of 5d6) with each arrow.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellsantal View Post
    3. The Rogue's sneak attack, can it be used for every attack you make as long you met the requirements or can it only be used once a round? This is a question for both 3.5 and pathfinder.
    As long as the opponent is denied their Dexterity bonus or is flanked, yes. It is always applied unless the creature is immune to it, provided that the requirement is met.

4. I'm trying to make arrows of fireball or something like that but not sure how (im playing a full wizard), my dm said I can if I can come up with a reasonable formula to do it. He have said there is a booke that tells me how but he didn't want to say it infront of another player or else he would over use it lol. But still if you know the book or some ideas I would be greatful. Also what the cost in time and money it would be to do something like this, the dm is not counting any exp so again all I need to know is how to do it, time and cost it would be to do something like that. With that in mind I was thinking of make arrows that could do the force damage of magic missle but do the dice damage of burning hands (the max of 5d6) with each arrow.
    Spell storing arrows.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A few questions at the top of my head that I wanted to know, for both 3.5 and pathfinder.

1. Warlock's item "chasuble of fell power greater" which give +2d6 to eldritch blast, if you say have that then have a ring form of the same item on at the same time would the two items stack and giving you a +4d6?

2. I been thinking of making a character that have a mix of dustblade and warlock but what got me is both there abilitys, the eldritch blast (warlock) and the one that ables to use any touch spell with your weapon (dustblade) are both a standernd action. Is there my chance a way for me to use both of these abililtys as one standernd action?

1. It would have to be a different item, as the same effect from multiple sources never stacks, and no such item exists.

2. The problem isn't that it's a standard action, since spells are standard actions too. The problem is that Eldritch Blast isn't a spell, so it doesn't meet the requirements for the Duskblade's abilities.

3. Every attack that meets the criteria, yes.

4. Arcane Archer lets you do something in this vein. If you mean making magic items that do this, the prices for one-use items should be relevant, though it would probably have to be at least a +1 arrow to start with. There's a Force property for your "deals force damage like a magic missile" needs, someone else will know what book it's in.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Per the SRD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Modifiers, Stacking
    In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses and circumstance bonuses however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.
    A Greater Chasuble of Fell Power adds 2d6 to Eldritch Blast. If you have the same item in ring form, it is essentially like having two of the same source - they would not stack. However, a Warlock's Scepter is a different item, and would probably stack.

Do you mean Duskblade? No, generally - the Duskblade's Arcane Channeling ability is designed to channel spells; the Warlock's Eldritch Blast is a spell-like ability. However, through some cheese involving the Eldritch Claws and Beast Strike feats, and an Aptitude weapon, you could theoretically add your Eldritch Blast damage to your weapon attacks.

Per the 3.5 SRD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue, Sneak Attack
    The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target.
    Per the PFSRD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue, Sneak Attack
    The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target.
    (Emphasis added.)

The damage is added to every hit, every single hit, when the target is denied Dex to AC or when the target is flanked. As many hits as you get until the target has her Dex bonus back or is no longer flanked.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

2. You cannot use Arcane Channeling to channel an Eldritch Blast, but you can use Arcane Channeling to channel some other spell through the claw attacks from Eldritch Claws.