New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Beholder vs Spellthief

Can a spellthief steal a beholder's eye abilities?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Beholder vs Spellthief

Spelltheives can only steal spell-like abilities and spells, while Beholder eye rays are marked as supernatural. Are you asking if there's a feat that lets Spelltheives steal supernatural abilities? I've never heard of one, but I'm not a spellthief expert.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Beholder vs Spellthief

In case you're interested, the Hellbreaker prestige class has the Steal Supernatural Ability function:

Steal Supernatural Ability (Su): From 8th level on, you can steal supernatural abilities. This ability functions like the steal spell-like ability class feature. While in possession of a stolen spell-like or supernatural ability, you cannot use steal spell-like ability, steal supernatural ability, or neutralize spell-like ability again until you lose access to the stolen ability (by discharging it or after 1 minute, whichever comes first).
    But I don't think there's any other class feature that can "steal" a supernatural ability (Not counting Illithid Savant or Manipulate Form), but at least Hellbreaker advances some sneak attack!