New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 8: At the end of this thread, resummon all friendly posters.

Still, it goes to show. If the meta was dominated by warlocks running 30 soulfires, we would start seeing paladins running 30 holy light to counter them.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 8: At the end of this thread, resummon all friendly posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Still, it goes to show. If the meta was dominated by warlocks running 30 soulfires, we would start seeing paladins running 30 holy light to counter them.
    Then we start seeing Rogues with the Brewmaster/Kidnapper/Ambusher/Loatheb combo.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Then we start seeing Rogues with the Brewmaster/Kidnapper/Ambusher/Loatheb combo.
    if the game existed in such a way that people were running 30 soulfires or 30 holy lights, i suspect neither (nor anything else) would be competitive against a 2x savage roar 2x force of nature 9x gadgetzan auctioneer 17x innervate list.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    if the game existed in such a way that people were running 30 soulfires or 30 holy lights, i suspect neither (nor anything else) would be competitive against a 2x savage roar 2x force of nature 9x gadgetzan auctioneer 17x innervate list.
    I feel like that might fatigue itself to death.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, its got enough mana to do whatever it wants as long as it draws a Gadgetzen in the opening hand. The combo is enough for a one turn kill. There are ways the combo can be messed up by the draw order, but its far more likely to win than to lose by fatigue. The numbers on the cards might need to be adjusted to increase the likelihood of a good opening hand though.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

redundant auctioneers exist only to decrease the chance of not finding one in your opening hand. ideally you would never play more than 1, though situationally you might need to play 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    Nope, its got enough mana to do whatever it wants as long as it draws a Gadgetzen in the opening hand. The combo is enough for a one turn kill. There are ways the combo can be messed up by the draw order, but its far more likely to win than to lose by fatigue. The numbers on the cards might need to be adjusted to increase the likelihood of a good opening hand though.
    those numbers give you around a 90% chance of starting with a gadgetzan while giving a pretty large margin of error for your innervate use. i'm not 100% on the list obviously.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2014-09-08 at 09:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

I made a really stupid Warrior deck to speed through my 'cast 40 spells' challenge and it was super goofy. I put in all the bad cards I could find.

Did you guys know when Bloodsail Corsair reduces the durability of a weapon by one, he uses the dagger animation from Fan of Knives to send a knife into their weapon? I do now!

Bloodmage Thalnos turn two + Inner Rage to ping a 3/2 for two feels surprisingly satisfying, also. I almost sort of won a few games with this stupid deck, too... it was a lot of fun.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

No, that's not allowed. You have to pick 30 of one card for this challenge.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2014-09-08 at 09:37 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's time for me to rage about RNG.

I was just playing ranked, and my opponent played this on turn 2: Wild Growth, Innervate, Wild Growth. So next turn he has 5 mana. I armor up. He plays druid of the charge. I slam, coin axe, and hit. So far so good. He plays Sunwalker. By now I'm thinking he's pretty lucky to curve this well, but no problem. I still have answers, albeit slightly less elegant ones. Axe to clear the shield, cruel task, and execute.

Next turn? Ancient of War. I can't remove it, so I play Azure Drake to draw answers. I get a Death's bite. I figure if he doesn't have any follow up to this (already marvelous) curve, I should still be able to stay in it. He attacks with the AoW into my drake and plays Ancient of Lore. So now he has recouped his enormous card deficit. Wonderful. I figure that I can still take out the Lore next turn and potentially still win, though it's looking less likely. I kill the AoW with the taskmaster and the Death's Bite.

Then? BY FIRE BE PURGED. Yep, he had also pulled Ragnaros. I get shot down to 4HP. I Shield Block to dig for an answer, and attack into the Lore. Second Execute was mainly what I was hoping for, but no. I play Kor'kron elite at the face to have a 50/50 chance of living next turn.

He wraths.

It's hard to imagine a more obscenely lucky draw for him.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by destro_yersul View Post
    no, that's not allowed. You have to pick 30 of one card for this challenge.
    30 wisp hunter.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

No, that's not allowed. You have to pick 30 of one card for this challenge.
    that wasn't specified :^)

in that case, though, i'm fairly confident that a 30 voodoo doctor priest beats both.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

that wasn't specified :^)

in that case, though, i'm fairly confident that a 30 voodoo doctor priest beats both.
    Doesn't that lose to 30 earthen ring farseers?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Doesn't that lose to 30 earthen ring farseers?
    yeah, but the health clause on farseer probably isn't relevant against voodoo doctors and isn't efficient enough to handle soulfire, so farseer could be pretty much any decent value card. i suspect that soulfire beats most things that are midrange enough to handle 30 VDs tho.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder how well a 30 Mirror Entity deck would do...I guess it would be a bad matchup against Hunter.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

don't pretend like a 30 mad bomber deck wouldn't be among the first things to try...

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

...YES.

17. - Top - End - #167

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I just finished a 7 win run with a shaman deck. It ended earlier than I had hoped because it lacked significant removal (I had one hex and one weapon, zero damage dealing spells,) and didn't have any card draw or the normal beefy shaman cards. What it did have was a theme that I didn't really seek out. It just kinda worked out that way and I was wondering if this might be useful in constructed.

I had all kinds of token generators. Violet teacher, the gnome that spits out a dragonkin, a couple harvest golems, a couple imp masters, and, of course, my hero power. I also had two bloodlusts and.....Kel'Thuzad. Let me tell you, this guy is a beast in arena and I wonder if it was just him being so good that he covered up the stink of this deck. Would token really work in constructed if you built it correctly and what would you put in it?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    I just finished a 7 win run with a shaman deck. It ended earlier than I had hoped because it lacked significant removal (I had one hex and one weapon, zero damage dealing spells,) and didn't have any card draw or the normal beefy shaman cards. What it did have was a theme that I didn't really seek out. It just kinda worked out that way and I was wondering if this might be useful in constructed.

I had all kinds of token generators. Violet teacher, the gnome that spits out a dragonkin, a couple harvest golems, a couple imp masters, and, of course, my hero power. I also had two bloodlusts and.....Kel'Thuzad. Let me tell you, this guy is a beast in arena and I wonder if it was just him being so good that he covered up the stink of this deck. Would token really work in constructed if you built it correctly and what would you put in it?
    Token druid used to be a thing, don't know if it still is. Used Violet Teacher synergy with some of druid's cheap spells and mass buffs.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder how well a 30 Mirror Entity deck would do...I guess it would be a bad matchup against Hunter.
    Bad against everything since you can only have one in play at a time.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Bad against everything since you can only have one in play at a time.
    Yeah, I just thought about that later...

21. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground

What? What happens if you (try to) cast three Mirror Entity spells, and then on your opponent's turn your opponent summons three creatures?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    What? What happens if you (try to) cast three Mirror Entity spells, and then on your opponent's turn your opponent summons three creatures?
    You cannot have more than one of any specific secret in play at a time. The game simply won't let you play the second one until after the first one activates.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nhbdy View Post
    don't pretend like a 30 mad bomber deck wouldn't be among the first things to try...
    Imagine a deck of thirty Wolfriders. Could you actually win with something like that?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Imagine a deck of thirty Wolfriders. Could you actually win with something like that?
    30 Goldshire Footman. COME AT ME BRO.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    30 Goldshire Footman. COME AT ME BRO.
    What's the opposite of Highlander?

Suddenly, I want to see this be a thing. A totally ridiculous mode where you pick any one card in your collection and get a deck of it. Then you go swing at people for funsies.

Or, it's a mini-draft, where there's a select pool of cards that you get to pick from, and you make one pick, and that's your deck.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

What's the opposite of Highlander?

Suddenly, I want to see this be a thing. A totally ridiculous mode where you pick any one card in your collection and get a deck of it. Then you go swing at people for funsies.

Or, it's a mini-draft, where there's a select pool of cards that you get to pick from, and you make one pick, and that's your deck.
    Pick? What is this "Pick" you speak of? Randomized card from your whole collection, last man standing, let's go! The guy who gets a deck of 30 Ragnaros either has the best time ever or loses before turn 8.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Halfling in the Playground

Pick? What is this "Pick" you speak of? Randomized card from your whole collection, last man standing, let's go! The guy who gets a deck of 30 Ragnaros either has the best time ever or loses before turn 8.
    But you feel really bad for the guy who gets 30 Blood Imps.

28. - Top - End - #178

the deck of sylvannas says hello

EDIT: poor nat pagle deck... opponent doesn't even have to do anything to win...
    Last edited by nhbdy; 2014-09-08 at 11:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

the deck of sylvannas says hello

EDIT: poor nat pagle deck... opponent doesn't even have to do anything to win...
    I feel bad for the guy with thirty "wild growth"s...

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Not true, if they're playing an offensive Hero Power class like Hunter or Mage.

But the point holds, mostly.