New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default RPG world is back?

http://www.rpgworldcomic.com/

Ian J. said he might let another artist finish RPG world. Hopefully this comes to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: RPG world is back?

This would make me so very, very happy. That comic need some closure, and what with the number of people out there who love the comic, there's bound to be an artist out there who can finish it, with Ian's scripts.

Also, Ian works/d on the Venture Brothers? I never knew.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be so happy if this came true. I was so very disappointed when it died off like this, and Ian making hope-inducing posts every one or two years did not help at all either.

Wasn't there this one artist who made a guest comic in which Hero was eaten by a crocodile in a style so similar to Ian's the entire forum believed this to be what truly happened? If he'd be willing and available, they should let him do it...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Wasn't there this one artist who made a guest comic in which Hero was eaten by a crocodile in a style so similar to Ian's the entire forum believed this to be what truly happened? If he'd be willing and available, they should let him do it...
    I thought that was an April Fool's Joke. Though, yeah, it fooled me, too, before the next comic came up.

I suppose it's telling that I had far less of an emotional reaction to that scene than I did to... *shudder* "You Murderer!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Woah, really?
    I only started reading it a while ago, from a TVTropes link, and noticed that it was abandoned.... So it'd be nice if it was finished.
    trill in da playground

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I thought that was an April Fool's Joke. Though, yeah, it fooled me, too, before the next comic came up.

I suppose it's telling that I had far less of an emotional reaction to that scene than I did to... *shudder* "You Murderer!".
    It was a guest comic that got used as an April Fool's joke, and actually ended up fooling people.

Edit:
    Yeah, by Mer of Skirting Danger The guest comic is here. Now we need to E-mail the guy and ask him to take Ian up on his offer, 'cause he'd be the best at it.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2008-09-21 at 07:29 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Gosh, hope springs eternal, doesn't it?

RPG World was the second webcomic to break my heart (Life of Riley anyone? I can't be the only guy who read it) and I think it's time I just left well enough alone. Let me know if/when it is actually finished, and I'll go do an Archive Binge to see how it turned out.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

8. - Top - End - #8

Holy cow, really!?

RPG world is the first webcomic that I ever followed!

This make me giddy with anticipation.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP