New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

eek Dragon Wild Shape Prerequisites

I'm building my first character, a level 12 Druid-Halfling (which I now realize is a poor choice for your first, but I love her way too much to back out now) and have been trying to use various handbooks and online advice to make her decent enough for our campaign. One feat suggestion that sounded fun was Dragon Wild Shape and it was recommended for level 12 up. However, the prerequisites are Wis 30, Knowledge (nature) 30 ranks, wild shape 6/day. I maxed out my Knowledge of Nature at 20, my Wisdom is at 18 and level 12 Druids are only allowed to change into Wild Shape 4 times per day...am I missing something really obvious that pumps those things up? ':/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Wild Shape Prerequisites

You want the version in Draconomicon, not the version from the ELH
    In-character problems require in-character solutions. Out-of-character problems require out-of-character solutions.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by babygotjack View Post
    I'm building my first character, a level 12 Druid-Halfling (which I now realize is a poor choice for your first, but I love her way too much to back out now) and have been trying to use various handbooks and online advice to make her decent enough for our campaign. One feat suggestion that sounded fun was Dragon Wild Shape and it was recommended for level 12 up. However, the prerequisites are Wis 30, Knowledge (nature) 30 ranks, wild shape 6/day. I maxed out my Knowledge of Nature at 20, my Wisdom is at 18 and level 12 Druids are only allowed to change into Wild Shape 4 times per day...am I missing something really obvious that pumps those things up? ':/
    Go with Master of Many Forms. You can get into it at level 6, but you'll be at least level 15 before you can become a dragon. Apart from that, unfortunately, I can't help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

You're looking at the wrong dragon wild shape. That one is an epic feat. The one you want is in draconomicon, page 105. That one has only a wisdom of 19 and 15 ranks of knowledge (nature) as prerequisites, but limits you to small and medium dragons.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Thank you kindly, and love you all! ^_^ Draconomicon it is and now I feel less ridiculous

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

One other thing worth note, which I missed against the backdrop of the more obvious issue, is that you said that you have 20 ranks in knowledge (nature). The issue at hand is that the feat is asking for ranks, and not for modifier, so such a result is nearly impossible. The other prerequisites would be a lot less troublesome for a 12th level character though, as anthropomorphic bat gets you most of the way on wisdom, and items like the druid's vestment and armor of the beast boost wild shape uses.