New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Hearts IC: Making Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Oh yes!" he said, speaking really fast, definitely using his smile as a cover for panic now. "A about a year back. Comes in, just like you, but without the maimings. Just a pretty dead girl about your age. Sits up, grabs my boss, and drinks all his blood like that. He even crumples a bit, you know, like an orange box if you depressurise it? Then she takes his sunglasses of all things and staggers outside into the sun. If you also want blood there's a big bottle of it there on the table, you don't need to kill me!"

In case I didn't mention already, Iris was actually cured, healthy and pretty again. It seems like the curse hadn't survived her death.
    "Does she have a name?"

Rather than letting him go, her grip on poor Alex's neck tightened, at least for a moment, before she let it slack again to give him the necessary air to answer. Internally, she was cooling off, and quickly. It hadn't escaped her notice that her little curse was shattered, or that she had another toy to play with, and truth be told she was loathe to break it so soon. But still, he went and pretty much called her a vampire, and she was going to make him squirm for it.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Leon climbed onto the same unicorn behind Therse and put his arms around her to steady her. "We can ride together, I won't let you fall," he said with a smile. "And while we ride, why don't you tell me all your plans for the kingdom?" His smile faltered for a moment, as he spoke more quietly into her ear: "and truth be told, I think you're worried about something. Care to share it?"

Manipulate an NPC (2d6+3)[10]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    "Does she have a name?"

Rather than letting him go, her grip on poor Alex's neck tightened, at least for a moment, before she let it slack again to give him the necessary air to answer. Internally, she was cooling off, and quickly. It hadn't escaped her notice that her little curse was shattered, or that she had another toy to play with, and truth be told she was loathe to break it so soon. But still, he went and pretty much called her a vampire, and she was going to make him squirm for it.
    "Amy! Amy Rothschild," sputtered Alex. "She had a library card."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Leon climbed onto the same unicorn behind Therse and put his arms around her to steady her. "We can ride together, I won't let you fall," he said with a smile. "And while we ride, why don't you tell me all your plans for the kingdom?" His smile faltered for a moment, as he spoke more quietly into her ear: "and truth be told, I think you're worried about something. Care to share it?"

Manipulate an NPC [roll0]
    "Well... the magic was complicated, and I kind of did it while angry," said Therese after a moment. "I just wanted to punish those other girls... that was wrong, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Having blood on my face is easily better than having not a face on my face." Cassidy sat down on the bed to give Sonia a better angle for her work. "Let's make it happen."
    Sonia picked up the pot of blood, dipped her small finger in one end, and sat down in front of Cassidy, slowly dabbing it across her face.

It was a very intimate moment. I don't think Cassidy has ever had a girlfriend just sit and do her makeup? It was a lot like that. She was under intense scrutiny, with Sonia looking over each part of her face with intense concentration and smoothing away all the ugliness and sickness with precise movements of her fingers. It was an extremely confronting experience, and Sonia was confronting to begin with.

Then Sonia started rubbing the blood down along her neck and around her collar, just a little on the inside of her clothes. It sent a warming and reassuring flow of energy through Cassidy's body, undoing all the hurt and pain that she'd accumulated throughout the day.

Some time has passed and someone is caring for your wounds with erotic subtext, cure two Harm.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Sonia picked up the pot of blood, dipped her small finger in one end, and sat down in front of Cassidy, slowly dabbing it across her face.

It was a very intimate moment. I don't think Cassidy has ever had a girlfriend just sit and do her makeup? It was a lot like that. She was under intense scrutiny, with Sonia looking over each part of her face with intense concentration and smoothing away all the ugliness and sickness with precise movements of her fingers. It was an extremely confronting experience, and Sonia was confronting to begin with.
    You're right, in more ways than you know. Her father wasn't the sort to hug her on a rainy day, and wipe away the tears from her cheeks. Her mother promised to teach her about powders and lipstick long ago, but she never found the time. She never let a boy kiss her in the back row of some crappy movie theater, and considered herself the better for it. Sonia was breaking new and dangerous ground here.

As the witch worked, Cassidy's eyes never left hers, and a low growl never left her throat. She'd gotten tangled up in a hunter's trap, and the same hands that pried its jaws open could just as easily drive the teeth in deeper. She would not be caught off-guard. She would not be fooled. This happened because she allowed it to, and nothing more.

Then Sonia started rubbing the blood down along her neck and around her collar, just a little on the inside of her clothes. It sent a warming and reassuring flow of energy through Cassidy's body, undoing all the hurt and pain that she'd accumulated throughout the day.

Some time has passed and someone is caring for your wounds with erotic subtext, cure two Harm.
    Only now did the growl melt into a pleasured groan, rumbling through her whole body. You didn't know just how good living felt until you'd tasted pain, did you? Cassidy leaned back on the bed and pulled in a deep, long breath, her back arching and chest swollen to bursting, until she could hold it no more and it rippled out of her. She cracked a smile, lips glistening red. "Not bad, Shields. Not bad at all."

The blood didn't look good on her. The blood completed her. Belonged on her. Filled in a piece you never realized was missing. This was no common, teenage girl before you; this was a demigod of forces most primal. Beyond the imaginings of mere mortals, yet so impossibly real. She had to but raise her fist, and all who stood before her would be utterly shattered. Yet in this moment - this precious, fleeting moment - she'd granted her favor, and not the promised wrath.

The question is, what did you do with this chance?

[Rolling to Turn Sonia On: (d26+1)[13]]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

"Amy! Amy Rothschild," sputtered Alex. "She had a library card."
    The cold, dead stare continued for another twenty or so seconds. Then Iris' hand went slack, and she started to laugh.

"Oh my god, really? And she's blind as a... hahaha, that's so perfect. What a little rascal she is, keeping a secret like that from me!"

She allowed herself a smile, real and genuine mirth, for precisely one half of a proper moment. After that it fell away, and she assumed the "resting bitch face" she wore so well normally once again.

"Careful poking around in the shadows, little man. You might wake something up. And by the way, if we are going to maintain this lovely relationship, I expect you to have something new for me by the time I, ah, come back. Clothes are a nice start. Something fashionable, yes?"

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... the magic was complicated, and I kind of did it while angry," said Therese after a moment. "I just wanted to punish those other girls... that was wrong, right?"
    "Yeah, it was," Leon said, his hair blowing in the wind as their purple best princess unicorn kicked into a gallop on the grassy field and began to circle the castle. "And because of that, I think you might need an earlier bedtime than Cinderella had for her story. People need to go home normal tonight, and have this whole thing be a fairytale. I'll stay with you all day and we can do whatever you want, anything at all, but you need to end the spell by sundown. Will you promise me that, Princess?
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-05-12 at 10:11 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

[double post because I messed up my roll syntax. Manipulate an NPC (2d6+3)[9]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

8. - Top - End - #548

Only now did the growl melt into a pleasured groan, rumbling through her whole body. You didn't know just how good living felt until you'd tasted pain, did you? Cassidy leaned back on the bed and pulled in a deep, long breath, her back arching and chest swollen to bursting, until she could hold it no more and it rippled out of her. She cracked a smile, lips glistening red. "Not bad, Shields. Not bad at all."

The blood didn't look good on her. The blood completed her. Belonged on her. Filled in a piece you never realized was missing. This was no common, teenage girl before you; this was a demigod of forces most primal. Beyond the imaginings of mere mortals, yet so impossibly real. She had to but raise her fist, and all who stood before her would be utterly shattered. Yet in this moment - this precious, fleeting moment - she'd granted her favor, and not the promised wrath.

The question is, what did you do with this chance?

[Rolling to Turn Sonia On: [actually a 5]]
    For a moment, there was that primal ferocity. And then it was pushed back, firmly, relentlessly into the recesses of Cassidy's mind. The smile on her face changed character, going from violent to sweet and adorable, like a puppy. Sonia went from being just a pretty young girl to a figure of deep admiration and love. And she was smiling, and all was right in the world.

So Sonia's just gained her third String on Cassidy, and she's gone and turned those three into a binding spell. Cassidy is now overcome with a dopy, harmless affection for and attraction to Sonia. You don't have to do what she says but you can't act against her or even reliably think bad things about her. This will last until Sonia runs out of Strings on Cassidy. She can also to offer to spend strings in exchange for obeying her orders.

"I know you said you weren't..." said Sonia, "... but would you ever try?"

She'll spend one of those strings if you engage in makeouts.

The cold, dead stare continued for another twenty or so seconds. Then Iris' hand went slack, and she started to laugh.

"Oh my god, really? And she's blind as a... hahaha, that's so perfect. What a little rascal she is, keeping a secret like that from me!"

She allowed herself a smile, real and genuine mirth, for precisely one half of a proper moment. After that it fell away, and she assumed the "resting bitch face" she wore so well normally once again.

"Careful poking around in the shadows, little man. You might wake something up. And by the way, if we are going to maintain this lovely relationship, I expect you to have something new for me by the time I, ah, come back. Clothes are a nice start. Something fashionable, yes?"
    "Yes, yes, whatever you say!" grovelled Alex. She'd well and truly scared the crap out of him, and he was down by her boots. "Thank you for not killing me. I'll make sure you'll have anything you need, thank you."

"Yeah, it was," Leon said, his hair blowing in the wind as their purple best princess unicorn kicked into a gallop on the grassy field and began to circle the castle. "And because of that, I think you might need an earlier bedtime than Cinderella had for her story. People need to go home normal tonight, and have this whole thing be a fairytale. I'll stay with you all day and we can do whatever you want, anything at all, but you need to end the spell by sundown. Will you promise me that, Princess?

Manipulate: 9
    "Well, the deal went that tomorrow the genie would ask for me to do something in exchange," said Therese. "So I think I have to pay anyway, but... if that's what you really want I'll do it."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the deal went that tomorrow the genie would ask for me to do something in exchange," said Therese. "So I think I have to pay anyway, but... if that's what you really want I'll do it."
    "Now we're talking." Leon held on to Therese as their unicorn turned a corner and leapt a fence like it was flying. The fence was just sort of there, and the school castle of course had a grass equestrian track surrounding it. "Do you have a contract or anything? Copy of the deal? Spell to reenact what happened with shadow puppets maybe? We'll see if we can't get you a bit of a discount." Leon rubbed his hands together for a moment. Finding a loophole in the rules was a game and he liked games.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, yes, whatever you say!" grovelled Alex. She'd well and truly scared the crap out of him, and he was down by her boots. "Thank you for not killing me. I'll make sure you'll have anything you need, thank you."
    You know, there's really nothing quite like stepping on somebody's pride like that. Makes a person feel alive... ish. Right? That tiny spark inside your chest that warms you just enough to remind you that you can feel beyond the dull ache of eternity? No? Just me? Whatever, it's amazing. Iris felt like she could spend all day just letting Alex grovel at her feet, but there were two problems with that:

For one, he was a spineless wimp who told bad jokes and worked in a morgue. However appropriate a setting that might be for her, it was also a lame hangout spot. For two, she wasn't a power-mad ditz who forgot everything the second a shiny new toy appeared in front of her. The demon's curse might have died with her beheading, but come the end of the little princess' wish he'd still be around free as a bird and that struck her as dangerous to her budding regime. At minimum, the damn thing needed to be back under Sonia's control. Or, preferably, Iris'. But one step at a time, and for the moment, that step lead out of her quiet little nap space. She offered Alex the tiniest of smirks so that he understood he was on the right track, then left him in the dust. Again.

Back out through the hospital and onto the streets again. But now what? Time enough left in the day to do anything she wanted, but so many options to choose from. As she often did after coming back from the Other Side, Iris' mind took to wandering. It carried her inside of herself just as it carried her feet forward across the sidewalk, just a pretty girl in bloodstained hipster clothes, letting her body carry itself to the place it most wanted to be.

((This seems like a wonderful time to, for the first time ever, Gaze Into the Abyss: (2d6-1)[9] And oh baby, hit me with those sweet, sweet, messy visions. Wow, that sounded better in my head))
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2015-05-13 at 06:02 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

For a moment, there was that primal ferocity. And then it was pushed back, firmly, relentlessly into the recesses of Cassidy's mind. The smile on her face changed character, going from violent to sweet and adorable, like a puppy. Sonia went from being just a pretty young girl to a figure of deep admiration and love. And she was smiling, and all was right in the world.
    And why shouldn't it be? Cassidy knew this day was going her way from the moment she'd woken up naked in the woods. They'd skipped out on class, broken into some nerd's house, shown up Washington, shown up Washington's stupid face, she was gonna beat the sh*t out of a motherf*ckin' genie, and - and! - Sonia was cool again. Do you know how rare it is, seeing a kid go from total jerk to kinda alright? Almost never happens. But that wasn't enough for Sonia over here, who decided to screw all that, and rocket all the way to f*ckin' solid over the course of like, two hours. That's the kind of sh*t that wins medals, parades, buckets literally made of money, and the undying respect of the baddest thing alive.

Which was still her, by the way. Wasn't that impressive.

...but d*mn if it ain't close.

"I know you said you weren't..." said Sonia, "... but would you ever try?"

She'll spend one of those strings if you engage in makeouts.
    "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I hadn't ever thought about it..." Cassidy tapped her chin, then grinned playfully. "But when the hell's that ever stopped me?"

She grabbed the other girl by the arm, yanked her onto the bed, and pressed her into a bloody, sloppy kiss. Which led to another, and another, and another, Cassidy showing no sign or willingness to slow her feverish pace.

The cool part about being so totally confident in your not-gay-ness, is that you can do totally gay stuff, and be confident that you aren't gay. Liberating, ain't it?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-05-13 at 07:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552

"Now we're talking." Leon held on to Therese as their unicorn turned a corner and leapt a fence like it was flying. The fence was just sort of there, and the school castle of course had a grass equestrian track surrounding it. "Do you have a contract or anything? Copy of the deal? Spell to reenact what happened with shadow puppets maybe? We'll see if we can't get you a bit of a discount." Leon rubbed his hands together for a moment. Finding a loophole in the rules was a game and he liked games.
    "The phrasing was, he'd ask me for something tomorrow and I'd give it to him," said Therese. "His freedom, maybe? I guess whatever he asks for,"

Back out through the hospital and onto the streets again. But now what? Time enough left in the day to do anything she wanted, but so many options to choose from. As she often did after coming back from the Other Side, Iris' mind took to wandering. It carried her inside of herself just as it carried her feet forward across the sidewalk, just a pretty girl in bloodstained hipster clothes, letting her body carry itself to the place it most wanted to be.

((This seems like a wonderful time to, for the first time ever, Gaze Into the Abyss: [roll0] And oh baby, hit me with those sweet, sweet, messy visions. Wow, that sounded better in my head))
    There was a math to power. There was an equation. And she was on the sh*t end of it. That was the point. That was why she'd been made. She'd been made using the weak end of the math purely because it'd make her easier to control. It was simple, ridiculously simple. You could have health or you could have power. The magic pulsing through her veins was keeping her alive and nothing else. She couldn't get to it, she couldn't get more of it, she couldn't make it do anything different, anything scary. She was weak compared to Amy, she was nothing against the kind of insane open-ended system that could take in power from the outside.

The school was weirdly close to the morgue so it'd be a short walk.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I hadn't ever thought about it..." Cassidy tapped her chin, then grinned playfully. "But when the hell's that ever stopped me?"

She grabbed the other girl by the arm, yanked her onto the bed, and pressed her into a bloody, sloppy kiss. Which led to another, and another, and another, Cassidy showing no sign or willingness to slow her feverish pace.

The cool part about being so totally confident in your not-gay-ness, is that you can do totally gay stuff, and be confident that you aren't gay. Liberating, ain't it?
    "Mm - You need practise," said Sonia after a while, pushing Cassidy back for a moment. "Like this," she said, demonstrating. Sonia had a slower but still forceful approach, wrapping her fingers through Cassidy's hair and holding her head tightly. It was clear she wanted to be in charge, did Cassidy allow that?

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

"The phrasing was, he'd ask me for something tomorrow and I'd give it to him," said Therese. "His freedom, maybe? I guess whatever he asks for,"
    "That's it? That's the whole thing?!" Leon pulled the unicorn to a halt at the wooden forest cottage where they'd stopped. He put it down to water and took Therese inside. "He's already free and you're a massive idiot. New question: how much power do you have and could it kill the genie with some help?"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

There was a math to power. There was an equation. And she was on the sh*t end of it. That was the point. That was why she'd been made. She'd been made using the weak end of the math purely because it'd make her easier to control. It was simple, ridiculously simple. You could have health or you could have power. The magic pulsing through her veins was keeping her alive and nothing else. She couldn't get to it, she couldn't get more of it, she couldn't make it do anything different, anything scary. She was weak compared to Amy, she was nothing against the kind of insane open-ended system that could take in power from the outside.

The school was weirdly close to the morgue so it'd be a short walk.
    Somewhere, deep deep down, Iris knew she was supposed to be the servant. Oh but goodness, she loved to play power games, but she had only just enough of it to know she didn't have any. Her power was time, and she wasn't a patient person. Her power was mean words and a general willingness to get dirty if the situation called for it, and it mostly worked because people, normal people, were bags of barely controlled hormones that couldn't stand in the cold of someone who knew about the other side. But when the other side became the Other Side... well, now she was just a kid with a heart that didn't work right. It terrified her.

A lot of people forget that Iris Rosenberg is a 15 year old girl. She's fast and she's maybe a little strong and she gets back up if you put her down, but she's also maybe 5 foot 2 and like 90 pounds and she doesn't even have the weight of the long years of experience to back up her cleverness. Someone just kind of plucked her out of the sky and put her back down in a place that was full of real monsters with real power and it made her want to cling to someone strong and just stay snuggled safe inside their arms forever.

Except, mama Rosenberg didn't raise her little girl to want that. Except, whoever it was that made her f--ked up. Because coiled around all of her fear and that desire to submit was a hunger and a clawing voice that demanded more and more and more. It pulled her to cut and sneer and dominate, to stand atop the pile with a crown on her head and a leash in her hand. She wanted... holy crap, she wanted Amy. She wanted Sonia. And she wanted Cassidy, but she still didn't know exactly why. She wanted what they had, and if she couldn't take those things into herself then god damn it she wanted those pretty little things wrapped around her finger and their lips on... oh god.

Iris let out a deep, shuddering sigh. She was standing in front of the school again. Not that it was easy to tell that anymore, what with the pink and white parapets and the fantasy medieval villagers and whatnot smothering the place right now. She walked inside, measured steps, right back to the place she'd last died. And her posture was stiff, her face was haughty, her eyes were as bleak and glassy as they'd ever been. But trickling down her cheeks, there were tears.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

"Mm - You need practise," said Sonia after a while, pushing Cassidy back for a moment. "Like this," she said, demonstrating. Sonia had a slower but still forceful approach, wrapping her fingers through Cassidy's hair and holding her head tightly. It was clear she wanted to be in charge, did Cassidy allow that?
    Of course not. Not when she had so much left to show her.

The next time they parted, Cassidy took the lead and gave Sonia the tour of her life. These muscles? All real. All natural. None of those steroid lumps, as perfect as nature intended. Flowing through bulk and lean and tone in all the right places. That not enough for you? Watch how they grip. Feel them push hard into your back, then gently brush across the skin. Push. Brush. Press. Release. Smooth as a dream; that right there is strength. All that power doing exactly what it's told, and right now it's holding you tight. Tornado could hit this place and you wouldn't feel a thing. Did I mention that's only one hand? The other's already weaving through your hair. Bet you didn't even notice it that's how stealthy it is. And we aren't even getting into the full package; that sh*t'll blow your mind right out of your head. No, you just sit back, experience the ride, and save all mad props 'till the end of the tour...

"Mmmm...like that?" Cassidy pulled back with a smirk.

16. - Top - End - #556

"That's it? That's the whole thing?!" Leon pulled the unicorn to a halt at the wooden forest cottage where they'd stopped. He put it down to water and took Therese inside. "He's already free and you're a massive idiot. New question: how much power do you have and could it kill the genie with some help?"
    Ouch, dude. Roll Cold to shut her down.

Iris let out a deep, shuddering sigh. She was standing in front of the school again. Not that it was easy to tell that anymore, what with the pink and white parapets and the fantasy medieval villagers and whatnot smothering the place right now. She walked inside, measured steps, right back to the place she'd last died. And her posture was stiff, her face was haughty, her eyes were as bleak and glassy as they'd ever been. But trickling down her cheeks, there were tears.
    "Oh my gosh, are you all right?" said a girl's voice, distorted through a suit of armour. There were a group of fully armoured knights hanging around in the otherwise empty throne room with paintbrushes and big buckets of what was unmistakably blood. There were pigs hooves visible floating in some of them. They were painting weird symbols all over everything.

Oh, and the two satanists from the other night, Burning Beard and Zippo, were still sitting on the wooden bench near the door. Burning Beard was still a pillar of maverick intensity, Zippo was playing a game on his phone.

But right now Iris had a figure in full plate trying to give her a reassuring hug and a handkerchief.

Of course not. Not when she had so much left to show her.

The next time they parted, Cassidy took the lead and gave Sonia the tour of her life. These muscles? All real. All natural. None of those steroid lumps, as perfect as nature intended. Flowing through bulk and lean and tone in all the right places. That not enough for you? Watch how they grip. Feel them push hard into your back, then gently brush across the skin. Push. Brush. Press. Release. Smooth as a dream; that right there is strength. All that power doing exactly what it's told, and right now it's holding you tight. Tornado could hit this place and you wouldn't feel a thing. Did I mention that's only one hand? The other's already weaving through your hair. Bet you didn't even notice it that's how stealthy it is. And we aren't even getting into the full package; that sh*t'll blow your mind right out of your head. No, you just sit back, experience the ride, and save all mad props 'till the end of the tour...

"Mmmm...like that?" Cassidy pulled back with a smirk.
    "Alright, getting there," said Sonia, but she was a bit out of breath this time.

She went still when she heard the sound of a car pulling in to the driveway.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2015-05-14 at 09:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Ouch, dude. Roll Cold to shut her down.
    [Not my best talent, but hey, it's Leon's first time even being remotely effective at insulting someone]
    (2d6-1)[5] [I spoke too soon]
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-05-14 at 09:59 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh my gosh, are you all right?" said a girl's voice, distorted through a suit of armour. There were a group of fully armoured knights hanging around in the otherwise empty throne room with paintbrushes and big buckets of what was unmistakably blood. There were pigs hooves visible floating in some of them. They were painting weird symbols all over everything.

Oh, and the two satanists from the other night, Burning Beard and Zippo, were still sitting on the wooden bench near the door. Burning Beard was still a pillar of maverick intensity, Zippo was playing a game on his phone.

But right now Iris had a figure in full plate trying to give her a reassuring hug and a handkerchief.
    "I... what?" It was only just then that Iris realized something was off. She blinked in confusion and slowly touched a hand to her cheek. It came away wet, and smeared with mascara. Oh hell. It wasn't stopping. She couldn't get it to stop.

She grabbed for the handkerchief and dabbed away her weakness as best she could. Emotions sucked. If you asked her, Iris would tell you she was glad she spent most of her time cold and unfeeling, because when it leaked out like this... god damn it, was it bad? Did she look pathetic? If her friends saw her, what would they think? For that matter, what about her rivals? She stood there mutely, and in the intervening moments lost the chance to not be hugged by a girl in a full suit of armor. Chalk that up as one of the least strange feelings of the day. God, this day sucked. She tried to place the voice inside the helmet, but then realized she hardly knew anybody in the school and gave up.

"What the hell is going on?" Her voice was starting to settle down. In another minute or two she'd be herself again. But for that minute, she made a very conscious choice she wouldn't be able to take back, to embrace and to live in her moment of weakness.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, getting there," said Sonia, but she was a bit out of breath this time.
    You better believe Cassidy noticed Sonia trying to play it all cool. Like it weren't no thang. She knew, though. She knew just how much thang she was. Flush with pride and joy, she beeped Sonia's nose and giggled.

She went still when she heard the sound of a car pulling in to the driveway.
    Oh. Right. That whole breaking-and-entering-and-stealing thing. That was still happening, huh?

Cassidy disentangled herself and peeked out the second-story window. Ordinary folks might've seen a streetlight, a shed, some trees - with a treehouse, not bad - a brick wall, and a dinky little playground.

She saw opportunity.

"Here;" she threw the garbage bag to Sonia, and opened the window. "Get the stuff, get over here, and hold on tight." She smiled, electric and thrilling. "We got us a grand exit to make."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-05-15 at 08:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560

[Not my best talent, but hey, it's Leon's first time even being remotely effective at insulting someone]
    [roll0] [I spoke too soon]
    Therese turned on her heel face burning red and angry, got back on her unicorn, and rode away, leaving Leon in the dust. She hadn't trusted herself to say a single word.

"I... what?" It was only just then that Iris realized something was off. She blinked in confusion and slowly touched a hand to her cheek. It came away wet, and smeared with mascara. Oh hell. It wasn't stopping. She couldn't get it to stop.

She grabbed for the handkerchief and dabbed away her weakness as best she could. Emotions sucked. If you asked her, Iris would tell you she was glad she spent most of her time cold and unfeeling, because when it leaked out like this... god damn it, was it bad? Did she look pathetic? If her friends saw her, what would they think? For that matter, what about her rivals? She stood there mutely, and in the intervening moments lost the chance to not be hugged by a girl in a full suit of armor. Chalk that up as one of the least strange feelings of the day. God, this day sucked. She tried to place the voice inside the helmet, but then realized she hardly knew anybody in the school and gave up.

"What the hell is going on?" Her voice was starting to settle down. In another minute or two she'd be herself again. But for that minute, she made a very conscious choice she wouldn't be able to take back, to embrace and to live in her moment of weakness.
    "Oh we're, uh, we're the Cult Club," said the girl knight, embarassed. "We do... cult things."

"We're going to cast a spell to capture the demon who's making everything so weird," yelled a boy from across the room. "Do you know anything about evil magic? We're kind of playing this one by ear."

You better believe Cassidy noticed Sonia trying to play it all cool. Like it weren't no thang. She knew, though. She knew just how much thang she was. Flush with pride and joy, she beeped Sonia's nose and giggled.

Oh. Right. That whole breaking-and-entering-and-stealing thing. That was still happening, huh?

Cassidy disentangled herself and peeked out the second-story window. Ordinary folks might've seen a streetlight, a shed, some trees - with a treehouse, not bad - a brick wall, and a dinky little playground.

She saw opportunity.

"Here;" she threw the garbage bag to Sonia, and opened the window. "Get the stuff, get over here, and hold on tight." She smiled, electric and thrilling. "We got us a grand exit to make."
    That does sound like a Run Away move.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

That does sound like a Run Away move.
    I mean, I'd call it more "exiting with style", or maybe "peaceing the f*ck out", but whatever floats your boat.

[Rolling to Run Away: (2d6+3)[15]]

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh we're, uh, we're the Cult Club," said the girl knight, embarassed. "We do... cult things."

"We're going to cast a spell to capture the demon who's making everything so weird," yelled a boy from across the room. "Do you know anything about evil magic? We're kind of playing this one by ear."
    Yes. Of course. I'm made of evil magic, in fact. Here, come get a closer look!

"You know, I don't," Iris chirped in a sickly sweet voice, hands on hips and the slightest tilt of her head, "But I would bet you anything Amy Rothschild might have an idea! I mean, not that she's evil or anything, the sweetheart, but I hear she knows all kinds of secrets that could make your brain melt. Not that you heard this from me, of course. You understand, right?"

She smiled insincerely, and started to sidle her way out of the conversation and toward the universe's most patient satanist rockers.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2015-05-18 at 01:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #563

I mean, I'd call it more "exiting with style", or maybe "peaceing the f*ck out", but whatever floats your boat.

[Rolling to Run Away: [roll0]]
    Over, out and gone. Sonia didn't keep as good a pace as Cassidy - she was only human - but whoever was showing up there didn't even catch a glimpse.

Sonia was flushed with excitement. "We were nearly caught!" she said, almost in shock. "That never happens!"

Yes. Of course. I'm made of evil magic, in fact. Here, come get a closer look!

"You know, I don't," Iris chirped in a sickly sweet voice, hands on hips and the slightest tilt of her head, "But I would bet you anything Amy Rothschild might have an idea! I mean, not that she's evil or anything, the sweetheart, but I hear she knows all kinds of secrets that could make your brain melt. Not that you heard this from me, of course. You understand, right?"

She smiled insincerely, and started to sidle her way out of the conversation and toward the universe's most patient satanist rockers.
    Cult Club got into a bit of a clanking huddle about this new insight.

"Hail Satan," said Burning Beard as Iris got close.

"Oh, hey," said Zippo. "Hail Satan. Hey, we're here to see the Vice Principal about applying for the music teacher job. Do you know when she'll be in?"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2015-05-19 at 08:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

No, Leon wasn't going to just stand there while she did all that. He wasn't done and if Therese left now, he had nothing. He was moving before he knew it, and as she was up on the horse, his hand was around her ankle, pulling hard.

[Lash out (2d6-1)[7]
    [Posting IC as well: will deal harm and go darkest self.]
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-05-19 at 02:35 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Over, out and gone. Sonia didn't keep as good a pace as Cassidy - she was only human - but whoever was showing up there didn't even catch a glimpse.

Sonia was flushed with excitement. "We were nearly caught!" she said, almost in shock. "That never happens!"
    "Ha-ha!" Cassidy launched into the air she fist-pumped so hard, the house rapidly shrinking in the distance. "I know, right?! Jumping out the back and they're coming in the front and they didn't even know we were there! Holy crap that was priceless!" She wasn't showing off, she wasn't proving nothing, she was just plain happy.

So happy, that she snatched up Sonia, dipped and kissed her full on the lips, and pulled away with an audible smack. "Wanna go stab a dragon? I wanna go stab a dragon." she whooped.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Cult Club got into a bit of a clanking huddle about this new insight.

"Hail Satan," said Burning Beard as Iris got close.

"Oh, hey," said Zippo. "Hail Satan. Hey, we're here to see the Vice Principal about applying for the music teacher job. Do you know when she'll be in?"
    "Probably some time between now and when the school stops being a magical cartoon landscape. Maybe you've been too busy waiting here to notice, but there's kind of been this demon running around the school and throwing a little bit of a damper on the usual activities. It's been a drag."

27. - Top - End - #567

No, Leon wasn't going to just stand there while she did all that. He wasn't done and if Therese left now, he had nothing. He was moving before he knew it, and as she was up on the horse, his hand was around her ankle, pulling hard.

[Lash out [roll0]
    [Posting IC as well: will deal harm and go darkest self.]
    Therese came down hard and cracked her head solidly on the ground. She was dazed, maybe concussed. What do you do?

"Ha-ha!" Cassidy launched into the air she fist-pumped so hard, the house rapidly shrinking in the distance. "I know, right?! Jumping out the back and they're coming in the front and they didn't even know we were there! Holy crap that was priceless!" She wasn't showing off, she wasn't proving nothing, she was just plain happy.

So happy, that she snatched up Sonia, dipped and kissed her full on the lips, and pulled away with an audible smack. "Wanna go stab a dragon? I wanna go stab a dragon." she whooped.
    "Fine, but after that we do something for me," said Sonia, too giddy from the rush to play it cool.

"Probably some time between now and when the school stops being a magical cartoon landscape. Maybe you've been too busy waiting here to notice, but there's kind of been this demon running around the school and throwing a little bit of a damper on the usual activities. It's been a drag."
    "Told you it was a demon," said Zippo, elbowing Burning Beard.

"The presence of the black forces of the occult simply reaffirms our commitment to this new profession," declared Burning Beard. "Furthermore the armoured students of darkness seem to have a strategy decided. We approve of this place."

"Really? Even with the pony playset aesthetic?" asked Zippo.

"We approve of this place metaphysically. The prison look was superior."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine, but after that we do something for me," said Sonia, too giddy from the rush to play it cool.
    "Best. Cursed. School day. Ever." She hi-fived Sonia, and the two of them set off to tear some sh*t up.

I mean, after the bus ride. Bus ride first, tear sh*t up after. She ain't gonna walk the whole way back.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Therese came down hard and cracked her head solidly on the ground. She was dazed, maybe concussed. What do you do?
    Leon sighed. "I'd hoped to save you, Therese, but it's obvious enough that you're a fool, riding away from the only person that even cared. And I did make my true love a promise. Your soul will thank me for finishing this up before the genie has a chance to make his request. Maybe you'll even come back, that would be fun. If you're not back in a few days, I'll look into learning the spell." Then he slit her throat, cleaned the knife off in the grass, put it back on his belt under the formal coat, and walked back to the school entrance.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

"Told you it was a demon," said Zippo, elbowing Burning Beard.

"The presence of the black forces of the occult simply reaffirms our commitment to this new profession," declared Burning Beard. "Furthermore the armoured students of darkness seem to have a strategy decided. We approve of this place."

"Really? Even with the pony playset aesthetic?" asked Zippo.

"We approve of this place metaphysically. The prison look was superior."
    "...Right." Iris blinked, but somewhere deep inside she was filled with a vague sense of hope that music class would not suck.

She took a look around the place again. Where the hell did everybody go? She hadn't been down for that long, and yet all the major players seemed to have vanished. She still needed dragon's blood, and she had the strange sense she was running out of time to get it.