New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XI: The Menu's Made Up and the Drinks Don't Matter

Y'know what?

It's time for a new person, that's what.

The door to the tavern opens, revealing a guy wearing home-made snuggy and slippers. He's holding a mug of coffee in one hand and looks approximately two thirds awake. He blinks blurry at the interior of the inn, stands there in silence for several seconds, and then closes the door again.

Half a minute passes.

The door opens again.

Having discovered that the impossible sight in front of him is persisting in spite of all the squinting he's doing, the man decides to act.

He walks into the tavern, pours out his coffee into a potted plant, and then sits down at a table and covers his face with his hands.

"This is going to be a weird day. Dreams about doing your morning routine should be illegal," he mutters to no one in particular.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a tavern! Inn!
    Mist is somewhat distracted by the normal guy who needs serving, and momentarily misses the translucent sight of the ghost on his other side. The fox goes over to the fellow's table.
    "Welcome to the DFI, sir. Can I get you anything?" he asks cheerily.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #333

The man looks up at Mist uncertainly.

Then?

Just to be sure he reaches out to poke him. Y'know. To find out whether or not he's real. Poking things is often times one of the best ways to find out whether or not something is real. That, or one of the best ways to get your finger bit off.

"I have no idea what a fox person in my dream would represent," he mutters to no one in particular. "That, or someone broke into my house and slipped acid into my coffee before leaving again. Very quietly."

Extremely quietly!

Quickly enough that he wouldn't have noticed while he was going from the fridge to the pantry.

That would be...

What?

Some kind of drug ninja?

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist is poked!
    He is solid and fuzzy.
    "Uh, sir, you're in the Nexus, if you weren't aware. A bit of an alternate reality. Can I uh, get you anything? New tea or coffee? Muffin? Bed to go back to sleep in?" he asks uncertainly, considering changing to human shape but thinking better of it.

5. - Top - End - #335

The snuggy-clad fellow just stares at Mist in the fashion that only the half-awake can.

"A bed, yeah. A bed would be a good idea. So I can fall back to sleep and then actually wake up."

Seems he's pretty sure that he's dreaming.

Considering the situation the guy is in?

Really not that bad of an assumption.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods and fetches him a key.
    "Ok, go through that door, your room's the third on the left. I'll give it to you for the whole day and night. Feel better, and we can talk when you're awake. " he says, hoping that once he's slept the man will me more receptive to the Newcomer speech.

7. - Top - End - #337

"Uh huh..." the guy replies dully. "Thanks.... talking fox person..." he mutters as he wanders up the stairs.

Well.

That was certainly a thing that just happened.

Hopefully he'll feel better in a few hours?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slick as is the night, HOOD moseys on over to the bar. Perhaps his confident stride can be rooted in the novelty of being clad in a white mask and strapped with two swords, but still turning very few heads. Back home he'd have stood at the doorway, imposing shadow reaching into the room to augment the awed silence, but here it seemed he could do just about anything covertly, and today he felt like pushing his luck.

"Yo, 'keep..."

His smooth, sultry whisper passes through the barest slot the plastic mask allows. HOOD likes the way he speaks, like Barry White meets Lou Reed, but for all the practice he's put into it he had better like it. Just to reaffirm his good mood he speaks again, without waiting for a response.

"Your finest tap, brother"

Oooh... That's good. Of course he couldn't actually pay for it. He just wanted to say it.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2014-11-05 at 02:16 AM.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist rolls his eyes at the entrance and slides the man a very standard beer from the tap.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Civvy, normally respectful of other peoples' abilities to judge their own wellbeing, squints slightly at Caius. "Are you suuure?"
    Caius nods, offering a plastic looking smile, his lips curving just barely before turning away. He takes a good long second to look over her one last time, however, before returning back to the muffin. He does speak though, his words quiet and fairly to the point, though she may not be able to hear it due to all the wonderful distractions, like cocoa and ghostly beings. "I've never been sure."

"Not until now."

With that, he'll crinkle up his hands, balling them into a fist as he rests it on the counter, watching the other man enter.

11. - Top - End - #341

Sophia takes a seat next to Civvy, and asks if there's any drinks for ghosts. She seems tired.
    Hello miss. Have we met before?
    Sophia inquires quizzically to Civvy.
    ((Maybe she's tired due to resisting going to an afterlife to stay on earth and possibly get resurrected?))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I dunno if I can party." She admits, biting at her lower lip slightly. "Never really had a chance to."
    'Sure you can, miss! Anyone can party when they put their mind to it.'

Right now is not the time for partying though, of course.

When Civvy's smile drops, she receives a suspicious glance, but as soon as the redhead notices the phone's colour, it's replaced by a beaming smile. 'You know, I don't think I've, like, ever met someone as pink as you,' she comments.

Whilst Civvy is distracted by her drink, guitar gal looks around at the rest of the patrons. The trenchcoat drunk, the sleepy snuggy man, and HOOD are all given occasional looks, but the girl's attention seems mostly on Sophia. Ghosts aren't something she ran into on a regular basis...
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    'Sure you can, miss! Anyone can party when they put their mind to it.'

Right now is not the time for partying though, of course.

When Civvy's smile drops, she receives a suspicious glance, but as soon as the redhead notices the phone's colour, it's replaced by a beaming smile. 'You know, I don't think I've, like, ever met someone as pink as you,' she comments.

Whilst Civvy is distracted by her drink, guitar gal looks around at the rest of the patrons. The trenchcoat drunk, the sleepy snuggy man, and HOOD are all given occasional looks, but the girl's attention seems mostly on Sophia. Ghosts aren't something she ran into on a regular basis...
    "I suppose so! Someday I'll get a chance to try it, too!" It'll be fun!
    "Why thank you!" Civvy worked hard to be this pink. It was good to have it appreciated! "Say, would you like a cocoa too? That's what people do to nice people in a place with drinks, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Caius nods, offering a plastic looking smile, his lips curving just barely before turning away. He takes a good long second to look over her one last time, however, before returning back to the muffin. He does speak though, his words quiet and fairly to the point, though she may not be able to hear it due to all the wonderful distractions, like cocoa and ghostly beings. "I've never been sure."

"Not until now."

With that, he'll crinkle up his hands, balling them into a fist as he rests it on the counter, watching the other man enter.
    ". . . well okay if you're sure." Civvy has remarkably sharp hearing, and was able to make that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Slick as is the night, HOOD moseys on over to the bar. Perhaps his confident stride can be rooted in the novelty of being clad in a white mask and strapped with two swords, but still turning very few heads. Back home he'd have stood at the doorway, imposing shadow reaching into the room to augment the awed silence, but here it seemed he could do just about anything covertly, and today he felt like pushing his luck.

"Yo, 'keep..."

His smooth, sultry whisper passes through the barest slot the plastic mask allows. HOOD likes the way he speaks, like Barry White meets Lou Reed, but for all the practice he's put into it he had better like it. Just to reaffirm his good mood he speaks again, without waiting for a response.

"Your finest tap, brother"

Oooh... That's good. Of course he couldn't actually pay for it. He just wanted to say it.
    "You've seen the Western movies too, haven't you?!" Civvy asks, super excitedly! That was one of the other lines she had wanted to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia takes a seat next to Civvy, and asks if there's any drinks for ghosts. She seems tired.
    Hello miss. Have we met before?
    Sophia inquires quizzically to Civvy.
    ((Maybe she's tired due to resisting going to an afterlife to stay on earth and possibly get resurrected?))
    But then the ghost comes over and sits next to her. And then talks to her.
    All conversation from Civvy stops at tis point, as her face goes pale, and she splants her head onto the bar, hands held like blinders to completely block off all sight of everything around her. Her skirt is doing an admirable job hiding that her knees are shaking, but it's pretty obvious that she's absolutely terrified of the ghost.

She does manage to avoid knocking over the cocoa, at least.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #344

Suddenly, Sophia turns into a living being! Yay!
    She taps Civvy on the shoulder.
    ...You okay?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

15. - Top - End - #345

Suddenly, Sophia turns into a living being! Yay!
    She taps Civvy on the shoulder.
    ...You okay?
    Aaaaand at the touch, Civvy vanishes. Sophia's hand can pass through where she was. She completely teleported away.

. . .

She took the cocoa mug too. She'll probably bring it back.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, that was curious.

The redhaired girl looks at the now corporeal Sophia with a worried expression. Though there's also a hint of disappointment. She just missed out on a free cocoa, damnit!

'Did you just, like... uh...' She swallows hard. 'Well, I have no idea what you did. But don't be doin' it to me, you hear...'

She figures that Civvy did not disappear of her own accord. Which is a fair assumption to make.

17. - Top - End - #347

Well, that was curious.

The redhaired girl looks at the now corporeal Sophia with a worried expression. Though there's also a hint of disappointment. She just missed out on a free cocoa, damnit!

'Did you just, like... uh...' She swallows hard. 'Well, I have no idea what you did. But don't be doin' it to me, you hear...'

She figures that Civvy did not disappear of her own accord. Which is a fair assumption to make.
    Well! At some point after Sophia leaves, Civvy walks back in! She brought the mug back, too! She even cleaned it!
    She sits back down at the bar, and sighs slightly.

"So! More cocoa for us both?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist blinks and goes to fetch more mugs.
    "Uh, sure. You okay, Miss?" he asks curiously.

19. - Top - End - #349

Well! At some point after Sophia leaves, Civvy walks back in! She brought the mug back, too! She even cleaned it!
    She sits back down at the bar, and sighs slightly.

"So! More cocoa for us both?"
    Civvy will probably bump into her as she enters, actually!
    oops, sorry... Wait, you were at the chapel, right?
    Sophia questions.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist blinks and goes to fetch more mugs.
    "Uh, sure. You okay, Miss?" he asks curiously.
    "It's Civvy. Just Civvy. No miss. And yeah. I'm . . . I'm fine." Though she is looking pointedly at Sophia.

Civvy will probably bump into her as she enters, actually!
    oops, sorry... Wait, you were at the chapel, right?
    Sophia questions.
    "Possibly? I visit a lot of temples." And this is true! She does!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods a bit awkwardly.
    "Oh. Sorry uh, Civvy. You just surprised us with that, I think." he says simply.

22. - Top - End - #352

"It's Civvy. Just Civvy. No miss. And yeah. I'm . . . I'm fine." Though she is looking pointedly at Sophia.

"Possibly? I visit a lot of temples." And this is true! She does!
    Sophia's eyes brighten with sudden knowledge, and she smiles.
    The one you run.
    She replies with a "don't worry, I won't tell" wink.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Mist nods a bit awkwardly.
    "Oh. Sorry uh, Civvy. You just surprised us with that, I think." he says simply.
    "Well, I was rather surprised as well." Admittedly by the ghost, not the teleporting, but still!
    "I brought your mug back! Thanks for letting me borrow it!"

Sophia's eyes brighten with sudden knowledge, and she smiles.
    The one you run.
    She replies with a "don't worry, I won't tell" wink.
    Civvy sighs at this, looking up at the cieling somewhat exhasperatedly. "I don't run a temple. And I'm just here for some drinks and idle chat."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354

"Well, I was rather surprised as well." Admittedly by the ghost, not the teleporting, but still!
    "I brought your mug back! Thanks for letting me borrow it!"

Civvy sighs at this, looking up at the cieling somewhat exhasperatedly. "I don't run a temple. And I'm just here for some drinks and idle chat."
    Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell, I guess. I'm afraid I have to depart anyways, though. Maybe I can help out with that some other time.
    Sophia replies amicably as she probably exits.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist shrugs.
    "It's okay. Here, have a new one." he says, presenting her with a fresh mug of hot cocoa. He gives her a pleasant smile.
    He hopes she doesn't go back to begging to pet him.

26. - Top - End - #356

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell, I guess. I'm afraid I have to depart anyways, though. Maybe I can help out with that some other time.
    Sophia replies amicably as she probably exits.
    Civvy sighs again, shrugs a bit, and doesn't say anything, probably letting Sophia leave.

Mist shrugs.
    "It's okay. Here, have a new one." he says, presenting her with a fresh mug of hot cocoa. He gives her a pleasant smile.
    He hopes she doesn't go back to begging to pet him.
    Civvy goes back to smiles! "Thank you!" And she trades the new mug for the old! "You're cocoa's the best cocoa."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist chuckles at that.
    "Thanks, but I can pretty much guarantee that somebody can make it better than me. I'm using pretty standard ingredients after all. Nothing all that special."

28. - Top - End - #358

Vemnon comes back down from his room. He isn't wearing his armor like usual, instead dressed in some fairly plain clothing. Looks like he thinks he'll get to stay here longer than one night.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

At some point during the confusion that is people appearing and disappearing, the redhead finishes her drink, slides some coin to Mist in payment, and then briefly excuses herself from the conversation. The guitar bag stood next to her is hoisted up into her lap, and the instrument removed - a steel-string acoustic, made of a rich, mahogany wood.

'Do people mind if...?' she asks, as she begins to tune the strings.

30. - Top - End - #360

Mist chuckles at that.
    "Thanks, but I can pretty much guarantee that somebody can make it better than me. I'm using pretty standard ingredients after all. Nothing all that special."
    "Still! It's the best I've had." Civvy informs him, smiling at him. She's got a great smile.

At some point during the confusion that is people appearing and disappearing, the redhead finishes her drink, slides some coin to Mist in payment, and then briefly excuses herself from the conversation. The guitar bag stood next to her is hoisted up into her lap, and the instrument removed - a steel-string acoustic, made of a rich, mahogany wood.

'Do people mind if...?' she asks, as she begins to tune the strings.
    Whispering at Mist, she tells him "I think that's mahogany. Very fine material. Very expensive.

Also a mug of cocoa for her when she's done, please."

She also waves at Vemnon.
    Last edited by Mee; 2014-11-09 at 04:10 PM.
    Show