New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XI: The Menu's Made Up and the Drinks Don't Matter

Mist waves to Vemnon. "Thanks." he says to Civvy, placing another mug of cocoa to wait for the other patron.

Then he shakes his head to the musician. "No, go ahead, please." he says, taking a moment to relax by shifting into his fox-shape and curling up on the counter.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vemnon waves back at Civvy. Even though he's never even spoken to her, he's treating her like a friend. Rather odd for an Asura, really.

He waves back to Mist as well before turning to the musician. "Not at all," he says to the other woman.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-11-09 at 04:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

And so, with the positive confirmation, the girl begins to play.

The finger-picking style is both audibly and visually impressive. She seems to take great joy as she plays, her strumming growing louder and more forceful as she goes on - though she keeps the pace consistent, and doesn't seem to slip up at any point.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist waves to Vemnon. "Thanks." he says to Civvy, placing another mug of cocoa to wait for the other patron.

Then he shakes his head to the musician. "No, go ahead, please." he says, taking a moment to relax by shifting into his fox-shape and curling up on the counter.
    "Thank you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    And so, with the positive confirmation, the girl begins to play.

The finger-picking style is both audibly and visually impressive. She seems to take great joy as she plays, her strumming growing louder and more forceful as she goes on - though she keeps the pace consistent, and doesn't seem to slip up at any point.
    Civvy listens intently. She quite likes this. She ends up quietly tapping a finger along in time with the music, and her head bobbing side to side slightly.
    After the music is done, Civvy leads an enthusiastic round of applause!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sophia Godlark enters, clad in a white skirt and purple sweater. She sits form at the bar and orders a hot chocolate. It's cold outside.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods from his spot, present lack of hands preventing clapping.
    "Good job. You're quite talented." he says.

---
    At that later date, Mist fetches the girl more hot drinks.

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia Godlark enters, clad in a white skirt and purple sweater. She sits form at the bar and orders a hot chocolate. It's cold outside.
    Civvy looks over at the newcomer, and shakes her head slightly, before going back to her drink.
    Hopefully this time she won't have to leave. She quite likes it here. She doesn't want to have to not come back.

"Could I get a refill, please?" She asks Mist, very politely.
    Last edited by Mee; 2014-11-15 at 03:31 PM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist sighs. "Break's over." and shifts to his humanoid shape to refill Civvy's mug.
    "So, where do you live, Miss? I haven't seen you around before." he says, making idle conversation.

9. - Top - End - #369

Mist sighs. "Break's over." and shifts to his humanoid shape to refill Civvy's mug.
    "So, where do you live, Miss? I haven't seen you around before." he says, making idle conversation.
    "Sorry." Civvy says, honestly sounding sorry about making him switch, but undeniably happy to be getting a refill.
    "There is a chapel not too far from here that lets me stay there. They're good people. I don't tend to get out much, though." She admits with a bit of a smile.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

The girl with the guitar smiles appreciatively at the applause and nod.

'I just have, like, a good ear for music,' she tells Mist. 'Practisin' everyday doesn't hurt, either.'

The cocoa she's been given is taken in one hand; the guitar is left to rest in her lap, supported by the crook of her other arm. 'Thanks for this,' she says to Civvy, being careful not to spill any on her instrument.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's no problem. What kinda chapel is it? Anyone that I've heard of?" says Mist to Civvy conversationally.

12. - Top - End - #372

"It's no problem. What kinda chapel is it? Anyone that I've heard of?" says Mist to Civvy conversationally.
    "It's nice! Full of good people." You already said that, Civvy. "It's pretty small, though. It's definitely not any of the larger, well known people. You've probably never heard of them.
    Not to be hipster."
    She informs him, laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    The girl with the guitar smiles appreciatively at the applause and nod.

'I just have, like, a good ear for music,' she tells Mist. 'Practisin' everyday doesn't hurt, either.'

The cocoa she's been given is taken in one hand; the guitar is left to rest in her lap, supported by the crook of her other arm. 'Thanks for this,' she says to Civvy, being careful not to spill any on her instrument.
    "That's really cool! I'm really not so good with the music, so it's always nice to see people that are.

And you're very welcome! I'm glad I could find someone that enjoys a good cup of cocoa."
    Civvy says, raising her own in a sort of cheer, before taking another hearty swig!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sort-of-toast is met with a similar raising of her mug, followed by a delicate sip of the drink. Didn't want to burn her lips if it was still hot.

'I'm Saskia, by the way,' she says, smiling at the taste of the cocoa. 'Don't think I introduced myself properly, earlier.'

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist laughs at Civvy's joke.
    "If you stop in often enough maybe we can do a duet sometime." he says to the other woman.

15. - Top - End - #375

"You're quite the musician," Vemnon says to Saskia. "I never had a knack for it, but a friend of mine..." he trails off and his face falls a little, ears included. "No, never mind. I shouldn't get sentimental on you."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

In walk two young women, one with large, rose colored eyes, moth wing and antennae and the other with bright red hair and green parrot wings.

Sada, the one with parrot wings, looks around curiously before speaking quietly to her partner.

Do you think the people here will be able to help?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

The moth-winged woman adjusts her toggle coat.
    For now, we just need this place so we can figure out how to get back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Sada nods, scanning the room and then moving towards a table in the corner of the bar.

Let's go sit down and take stock, then. The less time that we're here the better.
    Last edited by Quinsar; 2014-11-18 at 11:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    Sada nods, scanning the room and then moving towards a table in the corner of the bar.

Let's go sit down and take stock, then. The less time that we're here the better.
    Sitting down at the table, she sighs. The Titan of Travels herself ever says that on a journey, those places where you stop are, in their own way, as important as the destination. There may yet be lessons available to you here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Sitting down at the table, she sighs. The Titan of Travels herself ever says that on a journey, those places where you stop are, in their own way, as important as the destination. There may yet be lessons available to you here.
    Sada nods, once again looking around the bar and at the people assembled. She's nervous. She doesn't like her new responsibilities and, even though she knows it's her duty to serve her goddess, she wishes that she could be back at home.

Of course. I'm sorry, Lache.

She hangs her head, feeling ashamed of her impatience.

Should we maybe get a drink, then? Mingle with locals?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

It is at that very moment that Mist arrives with menus!
    "Good evening ladies. How can I help you?" he asks with a polite smile.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    Sada nods, once again looking around the bar and at the people assembled. She's nervous. She doesn't like her new responsibilities and, even though she knows it's her duty to serve her goddess, she wishes that she could be back at home.

Of course. I'm sorry, Lache.

She hangs her head, feeling ashamed of her impatience.

Should we maybe get a drink, then? Mingle with locals?
    Yes, we shall do that for now... are you even old enough to drink? Do not try to lie to me, I have Charms to circumvent untruths.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

It is at that very moment that Mist arrives with menus!
    "Good evening ladies. How can I help you?" he asks with a polite smile.
    Yes, we shall do that for now... are you even old enough to drink? Do not try to lie to me, I have Charms to circumvent untruths.
    Sada's cheeks color a bit as Lache

Ah... Well... uh... Not technically, no. B-but I'm sure they must have other drinks.

She jumps a bit when Mist arrives and tries hard to regain her composure.

Ah... Hello! I, uh, I think we were looking to get a couple of drinks.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods. "Well, ok then. You're going to want to look at the section of the menu riiiight...here!" he says, pointing to the various drinks section, which can basically be summed up with "anything."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

The pink-eyed woman nods, feathery antennae wiggling. Indeed. I would like a coconut rum; nothing alcoholic for her, she's a kid. The moth woman barely looks of age herself.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

Mist nods. "Well, ok then. You're going to want to look at the section of the menu riiiight...here!" he says, pointing to the various drinks section, which can basically be summed up with "anything."
    The pink-eyed woman nods, feathery antennae wiggling. Indeed. I would like a coconut rum; nothing alcoholic for her, she's a kid. The moth woman barely looks of age herself.
    I'll have a... Uh...

She stares at the menu for several long seconds, clearly quite nervous.

Water?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods with a bright smile. "Sure!" he says, turning away. The pair will have a pretty decent view of him pouring the rum for the short time they have before he comes back.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Sada watched Mist nervously as he gets them their drinks, remaining silent the whole time.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

She sips her rum, then smiles a bit. Thank you. She glances at her younger charge, wondering if perhaps she's not a little too nervous.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist smiles as he delivers the drinks and heads off to help other costumers. The two women can continue being nervous alone.