New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1474

Thread: Inside 60

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 60

Riftline

Iriel blinks, and then double-facepalms.

"Why would you do that!? What possessed you to think that was a good idea? Not literally, because most things capable of possession know that's a very bad idea!"

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Riftline

Gwen swallows and says, "My little brother was turned into a Kelpie. I was hoping that if I got strong enough, I could turn him back. This guy promised a shortcut...That's all."

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftline

"You can't use sidhe magic to un-fairy someone! That's a one-way road! Using sidhe magic, even if you are mortal, will only make things better for the sidhe. Agahhh. Part of me wants to turn you down right here, but I can't." She sighs. "Okay, I need to figure out what to do."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftline

Pat scratches her head.
    "Well, my power's spent for the week, no matter what. I'm afraid I'm completely useless now. Good luck you two." she says, starting to hover away to a train platform...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Riftline

Gwen waves and says, "See ya! Thanks for the help!" before turning to Iriel and saying, "Oh...Really? Damn. Well...I don't suppose you could help me, could you?"

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftline

"I can't. I need to figure out what to do. Look, do I look like I can take on a sidhe to you?" she guestures down at herself. "I can, but not like this. Right now I'm all bunched up like... a zip file. Sure. I'm compressed, and I can do very little. I need some time to unfurl. This usually takes a few months, unless someone walks up and starts trying to kill me."

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Riftline

Gwen sighs and says, "I see. Well, tell me when you can. I really, really want to get him fixed...After that, we can figure out what'll happen."

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftline

"Here's how it's going to work: I'll call you. Later. You'll know it when it happens. Try not to die or go insane before then. Okay? Okay." Iriel then turns into a mist, and seems to flow out of the area.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-11-25 at 11:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Grocery Store]
    Lache makes sure they pick up some staple ingredients before anything else, steering Sada towards the more economical choices.
    Sada goes along with Lache's suggestions rather submissively, only slipping in a couple specialty items on to the list. Once they have everything, Sada goes to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I'd still have to come back after I'd found more work though. Candace comments.
    Areisha nods, finishing up the setting on the second torque.

Well come to me when you want some bells, then. I'd love to work on a project like that.

She smiles and starts scratching delicate runes onto the surface of the gems.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: assorted quotes for convenience because they are too big
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    There's a small pause at Marciano nods a bit to the words, agreeing completely that his demands were quite out there. However, he doesn't seem particularly apologetic about it. The man gets to work on texting as he listens to the response from the Vice Commander. Eventually, the mouthpiece of a minion speaks once more. "You speak business, so at least you know a bit about how I think, Commander. However, you got too much salt on your tongue, I think. Not very polite. You know... generally it's a good idea to be nice to the guy with the biggest gun, aheh. And at the moment... I must say, I am the one with the biggest gun. Though an atom bomb hardly counts as a gun now does it? As I stated earlier, I lose nothing from setting this off save some manpower and a cut on my pocket cash for a few months or two. Now, that's not my ideal situation, you get that right."

"So, because I'm such a reasonable individual, I'm gonna give you some time. Your three hour bull**** is nonsense. It took our mutual annoyance about twenty seconds to write down his pin number, and even with all your paperwork, I doubt it'd take more than fifteen or twenty minutes, especially with lives on the line. Now VIGIL? Hah. I'm certain they won't mind giving me whatever I like. After all, you're a voice of authority, aren't you? You got something I don't have, authority. So, why don't you use it? Just a suggestion, hun. You have an hour and thirty minutes before I carry through with what I got. Move your men back, away from me, 'cause if I see even one man come close, I'm going to make everyone around here regret it."

There's a promise in those words, a genuine threat. "Also, for every twenty minutes that pass where I don't get the cash, at least, I'm going to take the life of one hostage here. I've got quite a few, and I think you'll need a little bit of a jumpstart forward, if you know what I mean. I know how your heads work when you're put into a corner. So, I suggest you get to work, Commander. Consider yourself lucky that I'm in such an agreeable mood."

"Anyway, let's start your timer."

"Why don't we start with Henry here?"

Marciano gives the sign to Bad Touch, while he also sets a timer on his watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "DC, my business interest wasn't completely a fabrication. I have papers here to prove that. But the main purpose was to see you again. If you want proof you can either look at the papers or read my mind. Either way should prove the truth."

Marley reaches into his basket and pulls out four papers, two dealing with the restaurant idea, and the other two about an interesting property of the soil that he's using to the grow the crops for the restaurant, namely that its extraordinary growing rates don't just apply to food stuff, but things like metal as well. That could be quite useful to an industry like Evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Skyscraper]

There are, at least, three things I can do for you. Tobias starts once he gets N'alae's attention. I can contain more of a nuclear device's blast the closer I can get to it. I have maps of all three VIGIL bases. And I have an operative who can infiltrate the building unnoticed to gain operational intelligence, secure the hostages, take this madman out, whatever you want. If she gets line of sight on the device, she may be able to prevent detonation. As befits a hostage situation in your city I naturally place myself and all my resources at your command until this crisis is resolved, to use or not use at your sole discretion.

The person on the roof of the other building is going to be invisible to thermal imaging, considering she's hiding behind machinery that is radiating more heat than she is. She tenses upon receipt of the headvoices, looking around for the source. The single mental image of Tobias Vulpan is opened up, immediately prior to a gathering of mental defenses. Since this woman, clad in full tactical gear, is quite obviously not any of the Tobiases, it can reasonably be inferred that she is his agent.

[Skyscraper]

N'alae deactivates the comm. "Follow me," She says, and leads him further away from the skyscraper, behind the cover of another building.

"You won't directly intervene, but anything to contain the blast is welcome, if you can get close enough without provoking them. I've got a plan." She begins, and one of her usual transporter beams envelops her, evidently managing fine at this distance from the scrambler detonation site. When it's gone, she's got a few more bells and whistles over the armor. A holstered disruptor pistol, a small pack (who knows what's in there), a belt of grenades of some variety...

"I will infiltrate the tower myself, under cover of an advanced cloaking system, and plant what were once Remnant teleporter tags on the hostages, which will allow them to be located and teleported out through the scrambler effect, and I will dispose of the bomb. I'll keep in contact with our mutual acquaintance up there, and he'll inform relevant parties if something goes wrong," The Vice Commander gestures upward, as if indicating someone up on the roof. Oh, hey, is that this building?

"Once the hostages are safe and the bomb is neutralized, I will be extracted through the same method, and then we will bomb the entire building and everyone left in it to the ground. If you're going to object, do it now, and be blunt, we don't have time to waste on diplomatic formalities."

For his part, DC up there does not comment.

[Evolution Industries Headquarters]

"...Well, I'm still surprised you're willing to approach me with it after all that, then." DC looks through the papers, mumbling something about them being a bit old-fashioned. "Growing metal? How does that work? Is it as simple as shoving a material sample in it and waiting for it to grow? I'm going to need that tested...and of course, no profit from anything I back can go to the League." He's at least interested, it seems. "Nothing personal." He pauses.

"...well, not personal with you, anyway..."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2014-11-29 at 06:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Candace nods and waits.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

[Evolution Industries Headquarters]

"...Well, I'm still surprised you're willing to approach me with it after all that, then." DC looks through the papers, mumbling something about them being a bit old-fashioned. "Growing metal? How does that work? Is it as simple as shoving a material sample in it and waiting for it to grow? I'm going to need that tested...and of course, no profit from anything I back can go to the League." He's at least interested, it seems. "?Nothing personal." He pauses.

"...well, not personal with you, anyway..."
    "Well, yes. You just stick something and wait. As for how it works, well, the base part is putting a lot, a lot, fish into the soil. I was fishing for a better part of a year and had to spend a good amount of my funds in order to get enough fish, then well I had to use a bit of magic to do the rest. As for the profit, I planned to put it into the restaurant."

Marley sits back as DC goes over the papers, letting him think about what's shown there. Seems like DC isn't going to be kicking him out of here today.

"And thank you for that last bit."

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Candace nods and waits.
    Touch of Gold

Areisha soon finishes her rune carving and smiles across the table at Candace.

It should be all done. The necklaces will vibrate if the wearer of their pair is in any sort of trouble. Touching the gem will give a more detailed sense of how the other is doing, as well.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Candace smiles back. Thank you. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a handful of smaller gems, placing them on the counter.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Areisha smiles, counting through gems quickly and efficiently, she judged their value quickly with a small nod.

I was thinking about the bells you were interested in. I'd be willing to add them into the deal for free just to get the chance to work with them.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Would you? That would be very helpful. Shall I get the dress I was planning, for comparison?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

That sounds perfect.

Areisha nods with a smile.

I'll start working while you fetch it. Do you know how many bells you're going to need?

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

I'd have to see the size of the bells first. Candace starts to settle Kulpa, who seems to have finished eating.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

And for that it's probably best if I get to see the dress.

She smiles, running a hand through her hair.

I cna make some samples and you can come back with the dress, if you want.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Barbarian in the Playground

[SkyBarge - Lifeboats]

Beating people up?

Thumping them?

Well, Nyx has had quite enough of the thumping tonight, so she decides to make this situation quite firmly in their favor.

The two pirates will hear a rasping voice cut through the night, a voice that sends quivers of terror itching at the spine. "Daaaarknessss, ah ha ha ha..."

And so it is.

Shadow pools around the flank of the ship, plunging the whole area into deep gloom. Into darkness so thick it can be felt. Not merely a lack of light, no, but rather hungry darkness. Darkness that devours any light it touches. Pitch blackness that's wholly impossible to see within.

Good for the thestrals that they don't have to see.

"You are surrounded," Blackout calls into the gloom. "Give up immediately and thrown down your weapons and you won't be harmed."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Candace nods and disappears for a bit. And then returns with a few packages. One of which she opens to reveal a forest green handkerchief dress, and a pale gold shawl with a pin over the chest. There's also a pair of gloves and some shoes, in a matching fabric to the shawl.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Candace nods and disappears for a bit. And then returns with a few packages. One of which she opens to reveal a forest green handkerchief dress, and a pale gold shawl with a pin over the chest. There's also a pair of gloves and some shoes, in a matching fabric to the shawl.
    When Candace returns, Areisha already has a small selection of bells of varying sizes made. she smiles as the dresses are shown to her.

These are beautiful! Do you want bells on all of them?

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Just the hem of the dress, and maybe a few on the shawl, on the shoulder Given that the dress appears to have four layers of skirt, there's quite a bit of hem already.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Orc in the Playground

Touch of Gold

Just the hem of the dress, and maybe a few on the shawl, on the shoulder Given that the dress appears to have four layers of skirt, there's quite a bit of hem already.
    Areisha nods, testing several different sizes of bell before finally seeming to settle on one of the smaller ones.

I like this one since there will be a good number of them. Does that sound good?

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Astrana's Apartment

"Correction. Only one of my places is like that. The other two are a jazz/blues club and a dance club named Counting Basie and Your Rythmics."
    The god explains, frowning at Astrana. "They could use the help. Mostly running inventory on supplies, checking to see the bills are paid, people turning in the appropriate hours and such. Basic math, nothing much else required. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Astrana's Apartment

Eadelain is quiet for a moment. "I do kind of like jazz. I presume there will not be take-home work unless I fall behind? I am willing to make up if I slip up, but I would prefer not to be expected to do extra work on a regular basis."
    Astrana's Apartment

Astrana's expression remains neutral, she had not meant any offense but she had made some assumptions about the gods habits after having finding out a bit more about him. "I can't really comment on the other two, but it doesn't sound too bad to me." She says.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Halfling in the Playground

[Street Barge Stratus - Ballroom]

Whatever Gurri was made of, it's thick and dense - so hearty a xeno that his corpse, held aloft by Irrof's blade, consumes both bolter rounds that Noelle fires. Large sections of his chest and stomach burst violently, oozing a vile orange substance, but the corpse-shield holds.

Irrof drags his friend's body aside and raises his other arm, out've which folds a thoroughly unfriendly looking gizmo. Something with a huge, smooth, gold-colored barrel, gleaming as it slides from the shifting folds of his limb. There is a primitive-looking gout of smoke and fire.

A small cannonball has been shot at Noelle - no explosive, only a round, solid slug meant to punch, dent and break. The rough black projectile flies out at not-quite the speed of a normal bullet, but one would have to be quick to dodge nevertheless. Of course, one always has the chance to move before it leaves the chamber...

[Street Barge Stratus - Lifeboats]

Oh dear. The two pirates tense up rather suddenly.

"Natty? W-what's happening?" South whines as the gloom overtakes them, reaching into his coat for something undoubtedly dangerous. "I can feel it on my skin! Oh, gods!"

Natuin, the girl, is far more stalwart in the face of danger. The little kettle-goddess - deific only in name - puckers her cheeks and breaths a gout of red spirit-fire into the shadow as it crawls over them, trying to dispel what she can. "Who are you?!" She screams back, taken entirely by surprise but not nearly ready to give up.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Park B

This park made it through a whole little plot without anything catastrophically weird happening! Isn't that something?
    It's just the reason one student mage is currently there enjoying himself and putting off doing any of the work that would probably be a smart idea to be doing right now. And while it's a bit cold, a simple coat fixes that, and it's worth it to get outdoors every once and a while.

So thinks Isaac Saunders, sitting on a bench that probably isn't going to animate into a person from underneath him.
    [closed]
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-12-04 at 07:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park B

He's left alone for a bit, and then someone in a pale green... lab coat dress wanders by. She also has forest green hair and bright blue eyes. Very bright and clear blue eyes, with a glimmer of madness in them.

"Good day, good day! It's great to see others about. How are you feeling today?"

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Park B

Isaac turns his head and peaks an eyebrow. All..right...then. Certainly not the weirdest person he's ever seen but...
    "I'm uh, feeling fine today. Uh, you?" he says in return, more than a bit shaky. He's a tad confused, you see.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park B

"Hm, about par, but on average my par is a bit higher than a normal person's. I find existence a joy, so I default to happiness." from her back, there's a momentary green blur, and then she's sitting on a small, translucent green wrought-iron chair. "Combine that with a positive attitude and a good life, and I'm a happy person."