New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

Clauss glares sharply at the scorched barroom brawlers, only to quickly realize the devastating thing he has done and may have caused. One man who harmed him not is rolling in his the white flames, whilst another - an elf, his hair and tunic caught fire and he lost consciousness - and is likely to die if left alone.
    Clauss scurries to the knocked out stranger on fire - his fancy magical saucer tailing him reflexively, - Bends down and tries to smother it with his worn-white cape. The disk stopping just over the gnome.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    M10—>M12, stepping right over brute who dealt him big damage and whom my teammates knocked out and TOTALLY DESERVES IT. putting out the fire wrapping the cooking drunkard who was unfortunate enough to be in the way, and is quite likely going to wake up with 50% hair or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

The elf near Jamros eyes him up for a moment, but seeing him take down the man attacking Clauss he gives him a nod and moves off to find another target. The man on the ground near Clauss manages to smother the flames, and stands up with a pained expression. He makes no move to attack Clauss, looking instead for a clear route to the door.

The large man Eirien and Sar'tul are engaging sends another punch Sar'tul's way, but the impact is distributed by his armour about his shoulders. Hearing Eirien's suggestion to the dwarf, he steps between two tables.

"Not learned your lover's language, longears?" he mocks. He casts a look at another human trying to get past, but his attention is on the duo.

Roland's duel continues, though the elf manages to give Roland a slight nick with his blade. The elf grins sadistically.

Spoiler: Roland
    Show
    Take 1 damage.

Most of the brawling going on elsewhere is ineffective, though one of the armed elves is brought down.

Show
    Sorry for slight delay. Map is updated (I'm going insane tracking people, so for the sake of my sanity I've started marking humans and elves as you notice them).

On with the next round!

1. Roland
    2. Jamros
    3. Sar'tul
    4. Eirien
    5. Clauss
    6. Brawlers
    7. Other

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Roland drops a note when nicked, but then continues with his song.

He sticks with the sap for now, swinging another blow at the elf's head:

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

To hit: (1d20+1)[15]

To crit (if relevant):(1d20+1)[12]

Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

4. - Top - End - #244

Beholder

Roland's consistent sap strikes continue their assault, landing a glancing blow on the elf. He seems dazed for a moment, but recovers quickly.

5. - Top - End - #245

Jamros once again steps around Clauss, this time following the Elf that had just walked away, "Care to tell me what this is about?" he asks, swinging at a nearby brawler. As he does this, he signals in the direction of Sar'tul and Eirien, whispering something to the snake on his shoulder.

Show
    Move to K13, attack the brawler at L14 with nonlethal damage.

Attack Roll: (1d20-1)[12]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20-1)[0]
    Damage: (2d6+1)[11]
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2014-12-11 at 01:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246

Show
    Consider this an edit, but I needed to roll more dice. Handle Animal check to send the snake to attack the brute by Sar'tul and Eirien: (1d20+5)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #247

Beholder

The man almost manages to duck Jamros' swing, and if he'd had a few less drinks maybe he would have succeeded. The club connects with his head solidly and he comes crashing to the ground, obviously unconscious despite Jamros pulling the blow slightly.

A snake slips from the druid's shoulders and slithers in the direction his master gestured, easily moving under the table and appearing near Sar'tul.

Show
    Updated map. Sar'tul is up.
    Last edited by Amanil; 2014-12-11 at 07:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just go help another lass, ill just sustain this brute, maybe hit him if he starts bein overconfident.

Spoiler: Rolls + Tactics
    Show
    5ft step to P8, Fighting Defensively (-4 attck, +2 AC) as a standard action

Sar'tul raises his shield and club in a defensive pose, then speaks as loud as he can to all who might hear him.

If ya would just listen, i am Sar'tul of the Church of Cuthbert, helper of Father Quintus, currently attempting to keep you all from killin' each other, and if you don't mind id rather you help us attempt to stop this nonsense.
    Last edited by TwentyFold; 2014-12-11 at 10:56 AM.

Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

9. - Top - End - #249

Beholder

Spoiler: Sar'tul
    Show
    Roll Diplomacy.

10. - Top - End - #250

Eirien draws her sap and lets it hang loosely, looking thoroughly nonplussed and, for once, not on edge. There's a note of disbelief in her eyes, which quickly hardens. After this brief pause, she turns away and wanders toward the door, upon which her grip changes and the tension returns to her body. The muttering under her breath can't be heard.

Show
    After drawing her weapon, Eirien steps over to N7, where she uses her standard action to get ready to strike the next brawler to enter her threatened area with her sap (probably just the one in R7, if any.) I'll roll for it now.

(1d20+3)[17]
    (1d6+3)[5]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Clauss rushes to duck under a nearby table that appeared safe enough, he is so close to his destination it's uncanny. Granted, he made mistakes, but he has yet to meet somebody who hasn't.
    He elects that a less flashy approach he should have done from the very beginning:
    "Pardon me, I forgot something in the back there, care to let me pass through?"
    Show
    moving to under table K14, trying Nice guy's bluff check towards the enemies around me.
    (1d20+4)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #252

Beholder

Show
    For your interest, treating Sar'tul's actions as "fighting defensively but electing not to make an attack" (as fighting defensively has an implicit attack with it), then a rather rushed and impromptu Diplomacy check.

"That why you keep swinging that stick at me?" the brute responds to Sar'tul's negotiations with a laugh and a punch that Sar'tul sidesteps. The one behind him seems to pause for a moment, and a few towards the stage also turn their heads. The fighting seems to die down a little, with several electing to back off slightly or defend themselves rather than strike back. Evidently they view Sar'tul as some sort of figure of authority.

Clauss's presence seems to go mostly unnoticed by those around him - a combination of his small stature and their distracted state - and those around him don't tend to pay him any heed.

The elf fighting Roland takes another lunge, but it falls miserably short, obviously still dazed somewhat from the last blow.

Spoiler: Eirien
    Show
    You hear some movement from outside; it sounds like some approaching figures from up the street.

Show
    Map updated, initiatives as before:
    1. Roland
    2. Jamros
    3. Sar'tul
    4. Eirien
    5. Clauss
    6. Brawlers
    7. Other

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

Despite the elf's exceptionally hard head, Roland keeps trying the same tactic. Another careful swing at the elf, while continuing the song:

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

To hit: (1d20-3)[1]
    To crit: (1d20-3)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

AC back to 18 for this round, because I remembered my tactics for once!

14. - Top - End - #254

Jamros sighed and mentally cursed his carelessness as he knocked the brawler unconscious, then took a quick look around. He sidestepped around the table that Clauss was under and stepped over the man he had just hit, taking a swing at one of the brawlers as he did so.

Show
    Move diagonally to M15, attack Brawler at L15 with Club (nonlethal damage).
    Attack Roll: (1d20-1)[6]
    Crit. Confirm: (1d20-1)[6]
    Damage: (2d6+1)[6]

Handle Animal Check (just in case I need to roll again to keep the snake on task, if not disregard.): (1d20+5)[14]
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255

Beholder

Show
    Just realised I need to take account of the snake, even though the rest of the swings were "below average". Derp. Sar'tul is up.

Jamros' serpentine friend slithers towards its target, rearing back and striking with its fangs. They sink into the man's boot leather rather than something vulnerable, causing him to kick out.

16. - Top - End - #256

Keeps Fighting Defensively..
    Last edited by TwentyFold; 2014-12-25 at 01:58 AM.

Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

17. - Top - End - #257

Eirien hears the noise outside, but decides not to go peeking. Instead, she winds up her sap and moves over to Roland's side, in front of the window. As she goes, she asks of the elf there, ""Would you mind telling us just what's this about?" The leather creaks about her wrist as she jostles by the elf she and Roland knocked out earlier.

Show
    Moving to M6, then to I6. Standard action to Ready an attack with her sap if the elf attacks her or Roland, or attempts to move from his space without dropping his weapon first.