New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVI: Morality is Relative; Professional Standards Aren't!

[Aftermath of the Battle]

"I'm going to drag them from under whatever rock they choose to hide under," Dipsnig says, still terrifyingly calm and composed. "But first things first. Did we lose anyone?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-10-24 at 01:00 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Two." Fade replies with his soundless voice.
    "The cat familiar was in a cage inside the truck and Krait was taken by a knight like creature."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-10-25 at 05:07 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Enemy Lines

Xun thinks quickly, using a magic pulse to send a telepathic message back over the communicator that should come out as words to anyone hearing. Going to figure out where their lair is. Back later!
    ((Just making sure people saw this.))
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Xun went with them to find out their location," Dipsnig says. "Risky, but it might be helpful. Assuming she can get out on her own, we'll just have to retrieve Krait. Then we can pay them back."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #65

"I saw the cat in a cage as I attemped to get into the truck. I'm not sure about it ahving things under controll." Fade replies, but doesn't have anything to add. Until they know where they are, they can't do much.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll wait for her to contact us using Rilla's communicator," Dipsnig says. "No need to risk blowing her cover."

7. - Top - End - #67

Fade just nods. Fade still assumes the cat is a hostage, but right now the situation isn't clear. Then there is another point he might bring up.

"I assume we prevent using the communicators for the time beeing?" fade asks in his typical soundless voice. "The enemy might be in posses of a device, unless Mrs Rilla can make sure to prevent enemies from listening."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates:

A man wanders to the front of the area. He's clad in a brown trenchcoat, the kind with far too many pockets and a rather large collar. There's a brown hat on his head, but he doesn't wear it as fashion would dictate, instead using it to hide his face. He's not of a particularly intimidating size, nor does he appear to carry any sort of weapon. He'll walk to the front gate and look inside, speaking to anyone near by with his traditional monotone. "Anyone there."

9. - Top - End - #69

Gates: Door

He is approached by a drow wearing what seems to be full combat gear consisting of what looks like a black bullet-proof vest with gods knows how many pockets worn over a skin-tight suit. also in black. By her side is a hovering drone-like golem, scanning the visitor for any hidden weapons, magical enhancements or strange metals in his body. "I'm here, what do ya need stranger? Something pleasant I hope." She greets with a wide smile.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Gates: Door

He is approached by a drow wearing what seems to be full combat gear consisting of what looks like a black bullet-proof vest with gods knows how many pockets worn over a skin-tight suit. also in black. By her side is a hovering drone-like golem, scanning the visitor for any hidden weapons, magical enhancements or strange metals in his body. "I'm here, what do ya need stranger? Something pleasant I hope." She greets with a wide smile.
    Caius looks upon the drow with the same neutral expression he looks upon everything else with. He'll stare at the golem, raising an eyebrow slightly as it scans him. The thing would find no magical enhancements upon him, but there definitely was something about him different than most. It'll also be able to sense a suit of a strange alloy underneath his clothing. There are no weapons on him. "Mmm." Caius ignores the golem now and talks to the drow woman again, not bothering to return the grin. "I heard there was work here."

11. - Top - End - #71

Door

"Fresh blood, eh?" She replies, crossing her arms over her chest. "We're always hiring, my man. What are your expertises? Any references? Recommendations from old employees?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shrugs.

"I'll ask Rilla about that. If they have Krait captured, I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon. They'll try to ransom him out. For now, we need to clean up this mess and install new defences."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Door

"Fresh blood, eh?" She replies, crossing her arms over her chest. "We're always hiring, my man. What are your expertises? Any references? Recommendations from old employees?"
    Caius blinks a few times before his cheek twitches a tad. Other than that, there's no sign of emotion from the man. He ponders over all the people he's killed, the priestess nailed to the wall, the cackle of Marciano taunting Magtok as his sister was blown apart before his eyes. So many memories, so many terrible things. The voice of his wife as Alex toyed with him. He had references alright, but none he'd ever tell this person.

The man takes a breath before replying quietly. "No."

14. - Top - End - #74

Door

"Any magical abilities or particular skillsets you've mastered?" Dena continues, checking off her mental chart. "Special, magical or other wise, equipment you owe?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Door

"Any magical abilities or particular skillsets you've mastered?" Dena continues, checking off her mental chart. "Special, magical or other wise, equipment you owe?"
    He'll nod at that, waving his hand through the air slowly, pointing it at the gate. The bronze metal will begin to bend unnaturally, to the point of curving farther than it ever should have. Caius has no desire to end up doing property damage, though, and as such wills it to move back to it's regular position. "I manipulate matter. Like your golem." He stares at the thing, but doesn't try to move it, knowing that might annoy the woman. "Need another demonstration?" That monotone is chilling.

16. - Top - End - #76

Door

The drow doesn't seem to notice his monotone and just keeps smiling at him. "Violet. Her name is Violet." She corrects when he mentions the golem. "But very impressive, I don't think I need any more demonstrations. I'd like to know how much combat experience you have however as I'm assuming that you like most people looking for jobs here want traditional mercenary work. How much combat have you seen in your days?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Door

The drow doesn't seem to notice his monotone and just keeps smiling at him. "Violet. Her name is Violet." She corrects when he mentions the golem. "But very impressive, I don't think I need any more demonstrations. I'd like to know how much combat experience you have however as I'm assuming that you like most people looking for jobs here want traditional mercenary work. How much combat have you seen in your days?"
    Caius blinks towards Violet before shifting his gaze back to the woman. He'll sigh a little before nodding, looking straight at her again. "Combat experience? I have enough." Who knows what that meant. Caius will cross his arms now, the brown coat wrapping around him. He'll speak once more, nodding as he does so. "Whatever work that needs to be done, I'll do."

18. - Top - End - #78

Door

"Right. You're seeking to become a full-time member I assume? Since then I might need some more information out of you, I'm not sure you heard but MERC got attacked lately so we have updated the security protocols. New members need to provide background information before they join. I assume that's alright with you?" She tilts her head, giving him a challenging look.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

[MERC HQ - Dipsnig's Office]

Getting a call from the boss was pretty rare. Coming back to find a wreckage previously known as the MERC main base was a bit more rare. If it weren't for Mark's study-driven insomniac episodes he'd been having for the last couple weeks, he'd be a lot more on edge—even for him. His robes in slight disarray and hair disheveled, he'll knock on the door.

"Runeheart, reporting sir." the wizard will call out.

He'd heard about the attack and other recent events. It'd seem he's on the job for some espionage. He's not too accustomed to the idea, but anything to get away from those maddening books was more than welcome. Besides, he had confidence in his magic. MERC was always one for good planning. Part of why Marcus has enjoyed it here relies simply on that comfort.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-10-31 at 08:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Base - Main Room

Aric needs a recap on what happened to MERC, because he was away for a bit, performing small jobs and his player doesn't really follow this thread.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Door

"Right. You're seeking to become a full-time member I assume? Since then I might need some more information out of you, I'm not sure you heard but MERC got attacked lately so we have updated the security protocols. New members need to provide background information before they join. I assume that's alright with you?" She tilts her head, giving him a challenging look.
    He blinks once or twice before continuing. "Nexus is new to me. Was a mercenary before, am now. Name's Caius." He's really not a very talkative person it seems. "What else do you need to know." He's certainly being cooperative, just... rather quiet. He crosses his arms over his chest, looking around. "Mind if we continue our conversation inside? It's getting hot." Sure enough, he does seem to be sweating a tad due to the heat, not something he'd ever enjoyed.

22. - Top - End - #82

Door

The drow laughs. "Thanks for reminding me, I have way too many conversations standing in doorways. Just come inside and sit down by the fireplace, you must be freezing out there." She moves aside and gestures towards one of the armchairs in the main room. "Mostly we need to know who you have worked for earlier or if you're wanted by someone."

23. - Top - End - #83

And there is Fade. I doubt he got a call from the boss due to not having any kind of cellphone. Still he is here. He knocks as well and steps in immediatly after.

"I heared there is something I could help?" he asks in his soundless voice. Mark just get's a small look from Fade and then his attention turns back to the leader.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's mood has been fouler than usual these days, due to that mangy mutt having the gall to attack the base. But when his two subordinates arrive, he puts on a professional manner. The b***h will get what's due to her soon enough. For now they have another job to do. There's a large map of an area of Outside on his desk. The whole office is a bit... goblin-sized, so to speak.

"Good, you're both here. We have an open-ended contract for information about military or para-military groups, and I found a tempting target that should be less of a pain in the ass than if we tried to spy on those Irregular bastards, or however they call themselves now." Okay, so he's still grumpy. "There's a base belonging to some 'Vulpine Empire' up in those mountains. I want you to go there and find out as much as you can. How you obtain the information is up to your initiative."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Door

The drow laughs. "Thanks for reminding me, I have way too many conversations standing in doorways. Just come inside and sit down by the fireplace, you must be freezing out there." She moves aside and gestures towards one of the armchairs in the main room. "Mostly we need to know who you have worked for earlier or if you're wanted by someone."
    Caius will follow her, eventually finding his place in the chair by the fire. He'll make himself comfortable there, gazing into the fire, enjoying the warmth it gives off. He shrugs before looking her way, frowning. "No. Nothing like that. I just got here a few days ago. I worked for a man back home. Can't go back and ask him." Other than that, he offers nothing in the way of information.

26. - Top - End - #86

[By the Fireplace]

The drow reaches into one of the vests many pockets and picks out a notebook that shouldn't be able to fit in there. "And what's that man's name? I need to write down something here. It would be helpful if you also described the world you come from, technology level and so fourth." She asks with a look in Casius eyes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-02 at 10:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Fireplace]

The drow reaches into one of the vests many pockets and picks out a notebook that shouldn't be able to fit in there. "And what's that man's name? I need to write down something here. It would be helpful if you also described the world you come from, technology level and so fourth." She asks with a look in Casius eyes.
    Caius's eyes are dull and shaded, but hardly unintelligent. There's certainly an intellect hidden behind his irises of dark grey. He'll stare into her, sort of piercing into the depths of the woman before turning away to continue admiring the fire, watching embers form as the wood burns inside the place. "His name was Caimon Or. Odd last name. Odd man." With that, he'll peel back a sleeve of his trenchcoat, revealing a metallic skintight suit that seemed to almost be part of the man's skin, with cables occasionally jutting out and into his very flesh.

"Does that answer you."

28. - Top - End - #88

[By the Fireplace]

"Caimon Or." Dena repeats, writing it down in her notebook. Her eyebrow raises as she see his suit. "It gives me a clue, yeah." She stops writing for a moment and offers her hand to shake. "I'm Dena Xifhara by the way, nice to meet ya."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Dipsnig's mood has been fouler than usual these days, due to that mangy mutt having the gall to attack the base. But when his two subordinates arrive, he puts on a professional manner. The b***h will get what's due to her soon enough. For now they have another job to do. There's a large map of an area of Outside on his desk. The whole office is a bit... goblin-sized, so to speak.

"Good, you're both here. We have an open-ended contract for information about military or para-military groups, and I found a tempting target that should be less of a pain in the ass than if we tried to spy on those Irregular bastards, or however they call themselves now." Okay, so he's still grumpy. "There's a base belonging to some 'Vulpine Empire' up in those mountains. I want you to go there and find out as much as you can. How you obtain the information is up to your initiative."
    The wizard steps aside as Fade enters the room and follows suit after a short glance is exchanged between the two. Dipsnig briefs the both of them, short and sweet. Mark's bloodshot eyes glaze over as he thinks the assignment through, then looks studiously at the map.

"Any info you're gunning for in particular?" he asks, his gaze still drilling holes into the map. "The client had something in mind they wanted to know, right?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Fireplace]

"Caimon Or." Dena repeats, writing it down in her notebook. Her eyebrow raises as she see his suit. "It gives me a clue, yeah." She stops writing for a moment and offers her hand to shake. "I'm Dena Xifhara by the way, nice to meet ya."
    Caius will press his hand forward into the air, gripping at Dena with his strong grip. His hands are rather calloused, and he doesn't wear the gauntlets he usually does to go to battle. There's obvious signs of hard work done by the texture of his hands, and the grip is that of a confident individual despite the man's odd personality. He'll finish his shake and retract his hand, resting it in his lap again. "Good to meet you, Dena." It was hard to tell how he felt about her, or his surroundings, or anything really, or if he even felt at all anymore.

"How long have you worked here."