New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Channeling Touch Spells for Bloodrager?

When Bloodragers get access to Greater Bloodrage and its later iterations, they get the ability to cast a personal or touch-range spell on themselves while entering the rage.

Normally, this seems a good way to get buffs up quickly. The touch-range spell aspect intrigues me, however. Bloodragers have a few decent touch spells in their arsenal, touch as Vampiric Touch. However, unlike the Magus, I don't know of any way for them to transfer touch spells through a weapon attack. Is there any way for a bloodrager to get something similar to arcane channeling? Is multiclassing the only option?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Channeling Touch Spells for Bloodrager?

Blood conduit archetype can cast as a swift on some manuevers or an unarmed strike, though only wearing light armor. Limited spells per day hurts it though.

Other than that, there is the good ol' wizard hook to give spellstrike to any arcanist. Talk to your DM about figuring out the cost of the property to be applied to a weapon that isn't both terrible and requires you to be short a hand.

SHort of that, you can hold a charge on a cast melee touch spell and deliver it with a natural attack or unarmed strike, since they count as touching (need to hit full AC though). Not real efficient.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Channeling Touch Spells for Bloodrager?

Thanks! That gives me something to work with, at least; I'm writing up a guide to the Bloodrager, and I wanted to make sure I addressed the issue.