New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

[Shadowood Hold]

Dark Dreams' eyes are wide, and her breathing is fast. She looks to Tsukiko, who smiles and nods

I met Izanami... and she... she's one of us, My Lady! She blessed me... and

She looks at herself, and Tsukiko finally speaks up

I do not know how much of our history you know, Sunder, but the prince Susa-no-o, who of old slew my father and stole his sword, has been betrothed to my sister Noriko to heal the long feud between the families: there are more pressing matters than a feud from many thousands of years ago. I took Dark Dreams along with me to my father's palace in the Plane of Shadows, where she kept quietly among the retainers. But at the grand ball, she took courage and came out to dance... and brought about a fascinating occurrence.

The lady Izanami herself came to the dance, and danced first with your little pony, and gave her own blessing. It caused quite the stir, I assure you.

Tsukiko smiles

And I must say that it will not be long and it is my sister and not I with whom you will talk mostly. You are a good friend, and I am very glad for you, and it is a true honor to have seen the beginning of your people.

You already have the spirit you need, no advice can I give... Myobi guided her children through the Dawn Wars, and Tamamo guided ours through the War of Nightfall. And so you will lead your little ponies through this war - as yet unnamed - and establish a new people and a new place.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Sunder laughs a delicate laugh, "You put a great deal of faith in me, Lady Tsukiko. I can only hope that I can live up to it. And not just for my sake," she says, smiling down at Dark Dreams. They're all counting on her. Every single one of them is counting on her. And she can't help but feel vastly inadequate. But that's good sign, isn't it? The tyrants and the madmen are the ones that think they deserve to rule.

But Sunder... all she wants is to free her people.

To free her little ponies and allow them to thrive.

Leading her people to a new place. Her people. Her little ponies.

"We can't be unique, can we?"
    she asks after some thought. "There must have been other living nightmares before. Others that were restored. Were all of them just so wicked that they never thought to seek out the goodness of their old soul? To be made whole again? How could I possibly be the first?"

That just seems so unlikely to her.

She scrunches her nose and then smiles at Dark Dreams. "Well... I should ask, my little pony, what was the nature of the goddess' blessing on you?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-10-18 at 09:42 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Were-House]

"Welcome to the nexus."
    Cleo laughs, bitter, deprecating of this universe.

"This ain't a place where what is right or what should be make a bit of difference, and ain't nobody able to make it so."

[Shadowwood Hold]

Alizé follows Nightlight into the hold. Not much else to do here. Changing her mind about Requiem is unlikely.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

[Were-House]

Charlotte nods and says, "Just like home. You have to make your own justice. And the best way I can do that is beating this person within an inch of her life so she knows I beat her...And she won't try something like this again."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Dark Dreams swallows

My Lady... she said my nature was Dreams, and that Dreams was a Thing, and that one of ... us... who understood it did not happen very often. She ... she taught me about it. About Dreams. And now I can go there, and use it.

6. - Top - End - #276

[Shadowood Hold]

Nightlight will lead his charge off for some magic training! Or more specifically, he'll drop her off with an arion magic trainer. Turns out to be somepony named Terra Force. Well, that's a pretty fitting name, right? Time for off-screen training montage! Yay! Afterward Alizé will be required to provide some contact information and then she's free to head back home as she wished.

Meanwhile!

"Oh, my little pony, I'm so excited for you!" Sunder says with honest enthusiasm. "You're learning the true depths of your Talent. There's no greater calling for a pony than to live out their destiny. And you have a very rare one indeed! Walking among dreams is a rare Talent. The only other pony I know of who shares it is Princess Luna herself."

Princess Moonbutt!

She came to the Nexus once, thanks to DeB.

It was a pretty short stay.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Tsukiko smiles

Dark Dreams lightened up considerably after that: it was really quite fun to observe as she went from rather stiff and reserved formality to fairly enthusiastic cheerfulness.

Dark Dreams grins awkwardly

I felt like I was waking up, somehow. I dunno...

Tsuiko chuckles, then turns back to Sunder

Also, my father is now curious to meet you at some point when you have leisure.

8. - Top - End - #278

[Shadowood Hold]

Dark Dreams receives an affectionate nuzzle from Sunder, likely magnifying her awkwardness further. "You have done well, my little pony. You've come far from when I first sired you and gave you your position as my messenger. You're the one who made me realize the true scope of my Talent and the freedom I have to offer the undead. For that I thank you."

D'aaww...

Then she looks to Tsukiko curiously.

"Your... father? I don't believe you've told me much of him," she admits.

Very true!

She really doesn't know that much about the fox family and their related gods. Sunder typically doesn't pay much attention to that sort of thing to begin with and her new responsibilities have left her somewhat swamped.

9. - Top - End - #279

[Were-House]

"No, love, what I'm saying is that you'd do even better to improve the temple, to keep it ready to be defended."
    Cleo laughs here.

"But anyway, how about this house? It's nice, how long've you been living here?"
    Look around the kitchen her to convey appreciation.

[Shadowood Hold]

Training montage!
    Alizé is not a good student, really, but she is eager to learn.
    Information to contact her at her home Inside is provided.
    "Thanks again, Terra Force."
    Waves with one hoof and scampers off.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Dark Dreams bounces

Oh, oh! He's a huge shadowy black dragon with eight heads! He lives in this ginormous obsidian castle in the middle of a city full of shadow people. He's really cool, and he can change into different things!

Tsukiko smiles

My father is Orochi, the eight headed dragon of darkness.

11. - Top - End - #281

[Shadowood Hold]

Sunder laughs with delight at the enthusiasm of Dark Dreams. Her little pony really has opened up, hasn't she? "Well, who am I to decline a visit to a huge black eight headed dragon with a ginormous castle? When do your relatives wish to see me, Lady Tsukiko?"

That's the sort of stuff she can take time to do.

After all, she's been delegating many of the tasks that were previously bogging her down to her children. That's the way these things are supposed to work, right?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Tsukiko smiles

Whenever you are ready, Sunder: most of the guests have already returned home and there is nothing else planned right now. Truth be told, Father doesn't have a lot to do these days.

13. - Top - End - #283

[Shadowood Hold]

Sunder nods to one of the little ponies standing by. "Inform Myrrh Balm that I'm going on a diplomatic outing."

The pony nods before galloping off to deliver the message.

"Very well then, Lady Tsukiko. I am ready to meet the rest of your family," she says with a kind smile. "I can only hope that we'll be able to forge lasting friendship between our peoples."

Shadow foxes and shadow ponies.

What's next?

Shadow wolves?

Shadow cats?

Shadow ducks?

Does the madness know no end?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

[Were-House]

Charlotte shrugs, but says, "Not too long. I met someone else from my home universe...We're roommates. Her name's Tanya."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold -> Palace of Orochi]

Tsukiko nods with a smile

Great! And I doubt it will be any trouble, Sunder. Father is really quite pleasant these days.

And so, since location plot-cloning is in style these days... we'll just stay in this thread

And no, no end to the madness in sight

16. - Top - End - #286

[Were-House]

"Oh, that's great. Another member of your temple, or just another member of your universe?"
    Cleo shrugs, hoping to convey that it doesn't really matter. Although Tanya's stance on the temple invasion thing would be interesting.
    "I should like to meet her some time."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

And so Tsukiko leads Sunder and Dark Dreams through the shadows out of Inside and up to the gates of the enormous obsidian castle.

The gate-keeper bows

Lady Tsukiko! Shall I inform his Lordship of your arrival?

She nods

Yes... but we need a chance to get freshened up before we meet him.

He looks at Sunder and Dreams

If you take your friends around to the stable, I will have the groomers and a farrier brought at once!

Tsukiko chuckles

When is the last time you have been properly groomed, Sunder?

18. - Top - End - #288

[Palace of Orochi]

Well!

That sure is a question.

Sunder fidgets somewhat uncomfortably. "It has... ah... it has been some time..."

Never, basically.

Sure she washes herself and keeps her wings preened, but in keeping with her old rebellious ways she never really got a professional treatment, much to her mother's dismay. As a result, her coat is pretty shaggy and uneven. One should pity the poor servant who is going to have to make her presentable.

"But if that's the tradition of your house, then I'll submit to it."

There, see? That wasn't so hard, was it Sunder?

"However, I must ask that my hooves be left alone. I don't like people touching my hooves."

Always got to be something... Though probably for good reason. Sunder never removes her mithril hoof boots. The artifacts help to contain and control her often wild and unpredictable Talent.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Tsukiko smiles and shakes her head

Whatever you like, Sunder. Dreams needs a trim

Dark Dreams looks at her right front hoof, which is overgrown and starting to chip

Oh...

Tsukiko motions

Come on.

She leads the pair around and through a carriage gate and into a quaint cobbled courtyard. On one side, a line of stables that are clearly there more for staging of creatures about to be put to work rather than long term living quarters. An unnerving screech comes from one of the stalls.

Yes, Blacky: I'm home. I'll get you a treat in a minute, I've got friends to help out first.

She starts to check Sunder's coat over herself, and tsks

And you grew up in a spa?

20. - Top - End - #290

[Orochi's Palace]

Sunder follows, taking note of the layout of the area and determining which walls would be the easiest to smash through if she suddenly needed to escape in a hurry.

Old habits, as they say, die hard.

She regards the screeching sound with a curious look, some sort of shadowlands horse, perhaps? She has always found the propensity of humanoids to compare her kind to horses rather offensive. More or less how most humans would feel if people called them apes. But... in spite of that she can understand why they do. They both have four legs. They both have hooves. That's close enough for most people.

And then?

A question.

Sunder's ears droop. "Ah... I did... Sweet Spring... she loved all those things. But when I was born, I was born as a parody of her, upside down and backwards. I gave my mother far more grief than she deserved. As I've recovered my Virtues I've recovered much of who I once was... but the more, ah, 'fillyish' activities still disquiet me."

Well. That's a very rare and very personal example of Sunder being vulnerable and transparent.

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs]

For just the slightest moment, the fires guttered. It was almost unnoticeable but it left signs of it's passing in ways much more evident than it's occurrence. Primarily it was born of confusion although mild dismay flickered through the many burning tongues as Riss tried to process just what Misha was implying. It was a strange ambivalence where part of her reguarded what she saw as mundane and wondering why it was being mentioned at all crossed with bewilderment that this wasn't normal for everyone while the other part was fully realizing that this was something that was so familiar that she didn't even notice it was there save for now where it was suddenly cast into focus. In a strange way, to her it felt comparable to the realization a brain had when it was thinking about it's own existence and there were the beginnings of further introspection before stopping and making a note to do that later. It was a distraction, yes, but one she definitely wanted to pursue as soon as she could.

Regaining her poise, at least for the most part, the muse agreed quite heartily to Misha's sentiment; not bothering to put it to words as even just that was enough and plain for either of them to see. Pressing up closer to the veil between them, Riss reached out until she could go no further almost as if she were placing her hand on a pane of glass. It was a simple act to where she might observe better but unhidden was the desire to simply be as close as she could to this beloved other entity that entranced and fascinated her as she looked on. Perhaps I could do you the same courtesy. she granted in reply as the burning chaos took on some semblance of focus to imitate the ripples and waves crashing into each other in the ways she had seen; the whirlpools seeming to be almost like a magmatic flow although the difficulty in maintaining the facade appeared to stand in well enough for the strange code that Misha tried to interpret and assemble. What followed quickly were what could only be considered 'annotations' as a series of ideas followed with minor alterations to the motions so that more clear 'echoes' could be returned.... Although some were clearly more invasive than others and all were strictly noted as just brainstorming.

Still, her display over, her mind ceased trying to replicate what she saw and returned to being the forge of thought although there was something new there, a glowing ember from the attempt at imitation.. ..I think, even now, you leave me with more questions than answers. was the playful sentiment she gave although with clear undercurrents of being ready for when Misha felt the same.
    Summit Springs

If I ever tried to do less, I wouldn't be me. Misha sends a pang of warmth and joy through the divider, brief, but tinged with regret. Riss can easily see that Misha has become aware that the rapid pressurizing and condensing of her own thoughts will make the decompression and diffusion all the more explosive when the time comes to let go of her form and focus everything on keeping the genetic sample solid enough to analyze fully. Another thought, it's imperative that she be in her pool to make the transfer as seamless as possible and prevent any momentary hiccups while her consciousness is in transfer.

It needs to happen within twenty minutes (the actual countdown is much more precise, but she still instinctually rounds it off to the next lowest minute) to prevent her losing more memories than just the ones formed while in this state, which she's determined would be unparseable while she's normal in any case.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Tsukiko chuckles softly, then reaches into her pocket and takes out a fairly large turbinado sugar cube which she holds in front of Sunder

Ah, yes. But I bet you still love sugar.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

[Were-House]

Charlotte nods and says, "Just universe. She's a weretiger. But yeah, if she's around when you're here, go ahead and chat with her. She's pretty nice for an ex-cop."

24. - Top - End - #294

[Palace of Orochi]

Tsukiko is regarded by Sunder with a rather flat look.

Silently as her ears slowly lay back.

There's a good chance that Sunder finds this really insulting. That horse thing again.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-10-19 at 08:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

[Were-House]

"Hah. I've never found the police to be that bad."
    Cleo smirks at the werebat.

"But I suppose you'd have a rather different perception, yeah? Is that a thing where you're from? Everyone has some sort of creature form?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

[Palace of Orochi]

Tsukiko sheepishly withdraws the sugar.

Or... not...

The grooms and farrier arrive, and bow politely. Tsukiko takes the hint.

These people need some attention before they meet the king. You will treat them both with all resepect, as both are honored guests of ours. Hooves only for Dark Dreams, my Unicorn friend.

They look at the nightmare and the unicorn, and swallow nervously.

As you say, Princess.

Tsukiko scurries off to the stables...

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Were-House]

Charlotte shakes her head and says, "Nope. There was a bioterrorist attack about...60 or 70 years ago? Anyways, that infected a lot of people with therianthropy. And after than some people willingly infected themselves, and it spread like a disease as well. So a lot of people have it, but not everyone."

28. - Top - End - #298

[Were-House]

"So human is definitely the base, oh, it'd have to be, if the bats just carry it. Silly me."
    Cleo moves to a more reasonable distance.
    "I guess I should get going along?"
    Unless she were wanted to stay.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-10-19 at 10:12 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #299

[Summit Springs]

There came the mental equivalent of a sigh; a sort of release in pressure intermixed with slightly grudging acceptance. Back in the realm of physicality, Riss let out a similar exhalation as she opened her eyes. Brushing a hand across Misha's cheek, she lightly kissed the other before gently nuzzling her neried. Each motion was seen precluded by it's intent in their shared internal world and each was followed by the pleasure the muse gained from the contact; a warm, gentle radiance that calmed the great fire into something less chaotic but no less bright. If Misha would allow it, although the thoughts would be plain to see before the actions happened, Riss would move to pick up her form and, with some adjustment, carry her back to the elevator and up where the waters of the springs ran through their home. A shadow of memory flickered through the muse's mind as she recalled the first time she had tried to carry her nereid around and how much of a strain that had been. Now.. Now it was so simple that she could probably only require the strength of one arm if not for the necessity that an over two meter tall person would require for sake of stability.

Should Misha acquiesce, though, the muse would reach out during the trek to where the barrier was between them and.. While it wouldn't quite be breaking through it, she would reach out in a way not unlike how she would ask to have the nereid take her hand. And should she do so, the contact would be not unlike holding a hand through a thin glove; the separation would remain but the warmth of each other's presence being easily felt. An idea would flow forth from the reaching tongue of flame as the blaze consolidated and the myrad thoughts fell out of focus. It was an idea that could be summed up with just a simple verb though it existed as both a question and a declaration. Play? As if to lead on, there would be a sort of sway and weave as the coronal fires focused on one feeling and then the next; creating a sort of simple dance as Riss let herself just exist in the flow of emotions her fey inspired in her. She inwardly laughed at how this might seem to be an arm's length dance while simultaneously being the closest and most intimate she could ever be with someone without becoming them. And it was just 'play' with her feelings and thoughts taking the place of steps in a freestyle dance. It wasn't necessary or even something that would sate her ever-present curiosity, it was just for the simple joy of having fun.

Soon enough, though, the muse would command the artificial streams inside to deepen and widen whereupon she would sit down with her lover resting in her arms as the cool water rushed past. Given how they connected to her pool, her thoughts were that here would very likely work for what Misha needed and, even if it didn't, it wasn't exactly a horribly long trip for the neried using this route. She would want to 'dance' for a little while more but even then she knew it couldn't be much longer. Though she would gently resume her more normal state, she would try to hold on through the barrier if she could. She wanted to hold on to Misha as long as both were able even as that glowing lantern of which she was comprised was subsumed by the waves. It was a small hope but maybe.. Just maybe she could help her beloved hold on to maybe even a bit of her mind this way. Even so, at the very least, the link wouldn't be severed immediately although she knew it would expire soon enough. ..I'll be here when you wake up, my love. she sent, trying to hide the melancholy that was nevertheless as easy to see as the sun during the day. Not all knowledge brought with it joy or calm; something she knew well. But.. Maybe.. It might not be soon but she was determined that she would find a way to let her nereid remember what she wished. But for now... Come back to me when you do.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Palace of Orochi]

Sunder closes her eyes and slowly lets out a tense breath. Had this slight happen several months prior she likely would have done something... regrettable. But she's changed a great deal since then. She has had no choice but to change. Because she isn't simply living for herself anymore. Her actions reach far beyond what they once did as a simple adventurer.

For the better, no doubt.

She's a better person for it...

But it would still be nice to cut loose every now and again.

Maybe when they're ready to liberate that necropolis in the Gloom...

When the servants arrive she offers a kind smile, careful not to show her teeth. "You have nothing to fear from us," she assures them. Unlike the run of the mill nightshades that stalk the darker parts of the world, Sunder appears very much to be a creature of flesh and blood as well as gloom. A normal nightmære wouldn't even have a coat to brush. And Sunder clocks in at around six feet tall at the shoulder rather than the more typical twenty for a nightmære.