New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

[Frescot House]

A winding road leads its travelers here. Nestled in the woods is a clearing, and in the middle of that, a home. It's not your typical house; a flowery hill is it's roof and walls, with a door and windows telling it's true purpose. The yard around it is quite nicely maintained, or at least it was up until recently. Things are starting to get a bit overgrown and someone hasn't been picking up very diligently. But that aside it's all very picturesque in the midday sun.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Frescot House]

The hobbit-esque home would be met with a visitor; one who was musing at how difficult the place would be to spot from the air as they idly twirled a parasol. It didn't exactly do much to help her condition but it felt a bit more comfortable being in the shade at least. At the very least, she had gotten to eat fairly well recently at a Halloween party that was now... 'Sleeping it off.' Of course, though all the sugary food and drink would make it so that the victims wouldn't suffer as much from the anemic conditions, the fact that many of them had a blood alcohol level that was quite past driving legal had left it's own effect on the vampire. Thankfully by now it had decreased to the point of just being a buzz but it had been a surprise reminder of a sensation she hadn't felt in some time. It did mean, though, that she was dressed exactly how one would expect a vampire would be; complete with a high-collared cloak and generally snappy outfit. She didn't feel completely comfortable about the design but the fabric was actually quite nice, at least.

Folding up the umbrella and gritting slightly at the unpleasant heat of the sun, Ghoul knocked on the door with the handle and waited. If she was correct then this would be the place where that radio she had lent out was currently residing. Thankfully now she looked as close to alive as she could manage rather than the more corpse-like appearance she had worn the first time she met this particular dryad. Assuming she was home, that is. For all she knew, either that stag-like man was here instead or the house was completely empty for the time being and she would have to either wait or perform the most gentle B&E she could manage to avoid spooking anyone when they returned. She had plenty of time to wait before she would consider that option, though, albeit it would make her feel a bit silly for bringing along the basket of assorted citrus if she wound up being the only one to eat them. Sure, she wouldn't mind if that ended up being the case but if that was all she had wanted to do with them then she could have just left them in that attic she was hiding out in right now.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2014-10-25 at 07:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

It's no a question for long if anyone is home. To Ghoul's keen hearing the sound of children at play will be perfectly clear. There's certainly a few of them and they're active. "Coming, coming!" Sakura calls after a moment, but it's still a bit longer before the door opens at long last. "Oh, hey there, Ghoul. It's been a long time. How are you?" Somewhat typically these days, Sakura has a baby in hand. And this one is must be weeks old at the most. The eldest isn't far away, though. Laela looks out from behind Sakura's legs, clinging to her skirt. The little girl isn't shy about staring at the unfamiliar person.

4. - Top - End - #364

[Frescot House]

"Doing better." the muse answered, setting the basket down. She then knelt to where she was at Laela's eye level and actually managed a smile that wasn't somehow predatory nor otherwise fearsome. Really, at this point she felt that she was a bit out of practice but at the least she wasn't baring her fangs at a child. In fact, it was possibly even approaching pleasant as she went on to hold out a hand for the child to take while asking: "And how are you doing here? Hm? What's your name?" It might well claw with the very serious Ghoul Sakura had seen before but the dryad might feel quite confidant that her visitor was fond of children. Or at least inclined to be friendly towards them.

"I've not caught you at a bad time, have I?" she asked of the dryad, looking up with that same almost at-ease smile. It might just be the scenery or having eaten recently but Ghoul was feeling a little more at peace than usual... Or at least less agitated by the sun's effects.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Laela smiles broadly and leans toward Ghoul, hanging quite literally off her mother's skirt to do it. "I'm Laela! Who're you?" The little girl is more than happy to talk to this new person.

"No, not at all." Sakura says with a smile back. Though she was already smiling at her daughter. "A little busy, maybe, but when am I not?" Sakura laughs a little.

6. - Top - End - #366

[Frescot House]

"I'm G-" she stopped just before her pseudonym passed her lips, realizing that it wasn't a situation where someone was intentionally prying. It felt so strange as if everything had been turned on it's head, but there was, for once, no reason for her to be suspicious or indulge her well cultured paranoia in case someone was planning her harm. It was a strange relief to just not lie for once despite how much it had become second nature. "I'm... Samantha." she said; doing her best to hide the distaste of the memories the name carried with it. "So how old is a big girl like you, Laela?" she asked, plucking an orange off the top of the pile in the basket and holding it up in a silent question of if the child wanted the snack.

"You've got some cute kids here." she said to Sakura, wresting her attention away from the child for a moment. "Anyway, I was coming by to see if you wanted me to pick up that radio since it didn't seem to be useful to you. Brought this-" she nodded towards the basket. "with me since I remembered you had a few children although it looks like there's one more than last time." she said. ...The hell did this cordial tone come from? Sure, she's no danger but why am I going this far to turn this into a visit when I'm just here for a missing tool?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

"Hi Samantha!" The little girl says with a toothy grin. "I'm five." Laela declares, holding up four fingers. Quite proud of herself for being pretty sure she got that right.

"No, Laela, that's four. This is five." Sakura bends down and pokes Laela's thumb outward. She lets the girl take in her mistake and looks back up to Ghoul. "Oh, I totally forgot I still had that. Here, come inside." Sakura grabs Laela's hand and steps back inside, expecting Ghoul to follow.

But not before Laela snatches the orange from Ghoul's hand. Mmmmm. "Thank you!"

"You're right about there being more kids, just not the number. Two newborns. Kind of a long story." That might explain why the house is in a bit of disarray. A few toys are scattered in the hall for one. Including a stuffed dragon that Laela runs over to grab.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-10-26 at 08:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Hoo boy.

More politics.

"I see," Sunder replies simply. How is she supposed to react to this? A third power? The living, the undead, and her unliving? Or do the shadows count as something other than undead? She's still pretty fuzzy on all this stuff.

That not as fuzzy as she was before the folks in the stable went over her with the curry comb.

"I suspect being a good neighbor will involve more than loaning a cup of butter when needed?" Sunder replies, her tone just as level as before. The implication is quite clear here. What are you expecting of me?

She's not going to agree to anything without having a firmer idea of what's going on.
    Izanami shakes her head

I was not speaking metaphorically. You will adjacent to my home: I will instruct my people to respect your home, I expect your people to respect mine. We shall see if anything more than that ever comes around. But for now, I have seen what I wished to see.

She hops lightly up on the dragon-horse-thing, moving far more quickly than her appearance would suggest

Fare well, sunder.

9. - Top - End - #369

Mountain Cabin

It isn't quite winter yet, but this couple's retreat is enchanted to always be winter, even in the dog days of July (or the not-so-hot days of late October.) The cabin is built to be very humble while still having some modern touches. Like plumbing, which is all around useful.

The front door opens and in comes Hildur, carrying a couple of suitcases with her.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Mountain Cabin

It isn't quite winter yet, but this couple's retreat is enchanted to always be winter, even in the dog days of July (or the not-so-hot days of late October.) The cabin is built to be very humble while still having some modern touches. Like plumbing, which is all around useful.

The front door opens and in comes Hildur, carrying a couple of suitcases with her.
    Right behind her comes Thryza, bearing some more suitcases and a grin. She sets down the luggage to stretch her muscles. Mmmghhh, we're finally here! Lemme just get the gear set on the racks real quick... She trots out to get the snowboarding gear out of the car and into the racks provided for that very purpose, and is soon back inside. It took a while, but... well, here we are.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371

Mountain Cabin

"It did take a while, didn't it?" Hildur says, grinning at Thyrza. "I think it's worth it though." She approaches her and tries to take her hand, making sure it's the one with the brand new ring on it.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"It did take a while, didn't it?" Hildur says, grinning at Thyrza. "I think it's worth it though." She approaches her and tries to take her hand, making sure it's the one with the brand new ring on it.
    Thryza squeezes her hand, almost bursting with glee. She hugs her wife---gods, it's nice that she can finally call her that---tightly, bouncing on her feet a little. Worth every moment!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

Mountain Cabin

Hildur doesn't say anything else for now, just letting herself be hugged. If they ever pull back, she'll just smile down at Thyrza.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Cabin]
    Thryza smiles back up at her, blushing like a schoolgirl.
    A schoolgirl with a metal arm with a blade in it. The best schoolgirl, I guess.

I feel like we have all the time in the world and I have no idea where to start...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

Mountain Cabin

"I think I have an idea of where to start..." Hildur says, before leaning right back in to kiss Thyrza. "What do you think?"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"I think I have an idea of where to start..." Hildur says, before leaning right back in to kiss Thyrza. "What do you think?"
    Thryza grins, kissing back and toying with her wife's hair. Well, I like that idea... let's not waste time, shall we?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

Mountain Cabin

Hildur tries to pick Thyrza up and carry her up the stairs to their bedroom. The room is large, and houses a bed that's clearly made for two. There's two other doors as well, one to a conjoined restroom, and another to a balcony.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

Hildur tries to pick Thyrza up and carry her up the stairs to their bedroom. The room is large, and houses a bed that's clearly made for two. There's two other doors as well, one to a conjoined restroom, and another to a balcony.
    Thryza wriggles a little in Hildur's grip, but slings her arms around her shoulders and grins. You know just how to treat a girl, don't you?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Mountain Cabin

"It took me a while to learn," Hildur says, laying her wife on the bed. "But I had a wonderful teacher."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"It took me a while to learn," Hildur says, laying her wife on the bed. "But I had a wonderful teacher."
    Thryza shrugs her jacket off, getting her boots off before they reach the bed. And I had a very eager student...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Mountain Cabin

"You did make it very easy to be eager," Hildur says. She decides not to waste any more time on pulling the curtain.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"You did make it very easy to be eager," Hildur says. She decides not to waste any more time on pulling the curtain.
    A good while later, Thryza awakes curled up next to Hildur.
    Better than ever, sweetie.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383

Mountain Cabin

"That's just the ring talking," Hildur says, stretching on the bed. "But it is true."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"That's just the ring talking," Hildur says, stretching on the bed. "But it is true."
    Thryza nestles her head onto Hildur's shoulder. Mmmm, there's something special about knowing I'm Mrs. Lange now... I reserve the right to be unreasonably pleased about it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

Mountain Cabin

"Thyrza Lange..." Hildur says, testing how the name sounds to her. "Yeah, that sounds wonderful. I love it."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Cabin]
    Thryza closes her eyes, smiling softly. And I love you, sweets... you're always such a cutie when we're liek this, you know that?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Mountain Cabin

"I don't want to be anywhere else today. We don't have to unpack, do we?" Hildur says.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Cabin

"I don't want to be anywhere else today. We don't have to unpack, do we?" Hildur says.
    We can be really lazy today... just lay around, be lazy, enjoy being basically the best couple ever. She giggles, scritching at her wife's hair softly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Druid Residence]

"Well, I can understand that," Jamie says with a nod, even as she blushes. Imagining the sort of 'pranks' Driders might get up to. "You have to show that you're trustworthy, and not out to cause problems, before you're accepted."

Quinn nods, tossing back her hair before refilling the glasses of tea. "Maybe we could make time sometime to do that. Toby might be interested as well, although he's often busy in the lab or back in Vulpania. I should probably take him a dinner plate when we're done," she adds, glancing at the clock. [color=green]"Seeing as he got wrapped up solving problems with METIS again."

Chuckling slightly, she settles back in her seat, her own cheeks a little flushed.

There's been plenty of fun times she'd had in the lab with Toby when taking him dinner, after all...
    Druid Residence

Leap gives a nod before sliding her plate a little forward, having cleaned it and finished eating. "While that is part of the issue, the distrust comes mostly from people freaking out about...well, spider." She says, pointing at her lower half. To be fair, without her humanoid upper body, it'd likely be terrifying to see a spider that large, not to mention there are people who'd simply see Driders as monsters deserving only of death. After taking another drink she'll stand up, collecting her plates and offering a hand to any others that are done. "Where should I take these? I should at least help out a bit."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Harpy Apartment

"Well, if I ever hit the jackpot on one of mine, I'll make a donation to the Harpy Building-Monopoly fund. How does that sound?" he says with a grin.
    Harpy Apartment

Veronica can't help but return the grin. "Sounds great." She says before heading to the door. "Ready to go rejoin the land of the living?" She asks, her wing held a couple inches from the doorknob. She doesn't say it, but she can't help but feel a jolt of dread go down her spine. What if this was all just a dream and she was simply passed out at the front door. It wouldn't be the first time she's had such a dream even though this one was far more pleasant than the others she's had.

30. - Top - End - #390

[Frescot House]

"Five? Why I'm only nineteen times that!" she said as the orange was pulled out of her hand; holding on to it perhaps a bit more than any other person would when offering it as a gift although this wasn't so much due to her nature as a muse as it was partially shifting a finger partway into a bladelike claw, forming a small edge just sharp enough to create an incision that would make peeling away the skin much easier for the child. Of course, she felt it likely that all Laela would pick up on was the actual number she had said rather than doing the mental math to find the real answer. "But it seems like your mom is teaching us both how to count, though, huh? Sounds like she's pretty smart!" she added once Sakura had corrected her on the number. The words just fell out of her mouth at the slightest bidding and, though she was admitting to herself that she was enjoying it, she was feeling strangely uncomfortable being so open at the same time so that each feeling blunted the other.

Really, though, she just hated the ambivalence.

"So, twins I assume then?" she inquired after the dryad as she followed, making sure to keep from tracking any dirt inside as she did so and partially marveling at just how absurd it might look to an onlooker of someone dressed like herself acting as she had been in this situation... Though she had just been invited in anyway so maybe the costume was working? It was a silly, trivial thought but silly, trivial things seemed to be the order of the day. In any case, there was legitimate interest in her inquiry as twins were very much impossible where she had come from. Or at least impossible to have them happen the way she thought of as normal. The basket of fruit, though, would be plopped down on the nearest thing that looked like a dining table. Hopefully the wicker container wouldn't be too large that it would knock off any table-settings already present as else she would probably need to find some other place to put it.