New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Flash on CW

1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Flash on CW

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Nope, that strikes me as weird every time too. Forensic Scientists are not in the category of what we normally consider "ordinary" people.
    From Quincy to Mac Taylor to Barry Allen.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    From Quincy to Mac Taylor to Barry Allen.
    And Ducky, Abby from NCIS and the lady from NCIS New Orleans whose played by someone who voiced Amanda Waller...

Remembering the episode where DiNozzo was framed by Abby's new (back then)assistant and they rushed thinking she was in trouble once they realised it was him only to discover maybe they should rescue him from her!

NCIS the only series where you can absolutely use a pic Mark Harmon as Gibbs and use that to replace Gandalf confronting the Balrog and you'd feel sorry for the Balrog!

Sorry back to the thread... does this mean that when Alternate Future Barry returned to his Future he either became the lightning that struck the Flash TV Series Barry?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Usually on the CW on Tuesdays at 8:00 (at least for me on EST, not sure if they air at different times in other time zones).

Speaking of no new episode this week for either Flash or Arrow. I am sad.
    The default is usually 8:00pm Eastern, 7:00pm Central. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Pacific actually push back to match Eastern on anything that isn't a live broadcast? (So 8:00pm Pacific)? I have no clue about Mountain. Or Arizona (which if memory serves does not observe daylight savings).
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe I missed it, but what happened to the Flash in the flashback?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: new episode
    Show
    holy crap cisco remembers! He can remember!
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground

Finally saw the episode!
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting that they brought Atom into this. I think it's kind of silly that they made him an Ironman type guy, but it helps differentiate from Antman so I think that's okay.

Sisco having time travel visions is pretty dang awesome and I wonder where that'll lead. The bee lady was also pretty cool. I'll admit I don't know much about The Flash so I don't know what villain she's referencing. I think there were a few references to Arrow in this episode but I don't care because Arrow is bad and Flash is good.

I think it's pretty obvious what Welles/NotWelles/Reverse Flash is training the Flash up for (he wants to take his speed force energy to power his own suit so he can continue being Reverse Flash). But I find it really interesting that our heroes don't realize this.

...yes I know what the Speed Force is I am the worst fan.

Sorry if this is a bit rambly I'm writing my thoughts out as I watch to just sort of touch all the bases, since I came into this series like...three episodes ago? So I want to make sure I'm understanding all the beats and stuff.

Oh the red dress lady is from Arrow. Okay.

The talking about how being a crime scene investigator and stuff ****ing sucks because you see corpses almost every day is REALLY good, holy crap.

HAhaha, "do I have to buzz in". And then we get her villain name, Bug Eyed Bandit.

Man, it REALLY sucks how all this cool canon with good characters and fun plots is going to be erased by a ****ty garbage movie.

HAH. Sting of betrayal.

Man...this show is really good. Episode had a lot of good fake outs, and lots of building up to some pretty heavy stuff in the future.

Black love interest girl seems like kind of a jerk though.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Finally saw the episode!
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting that they brought Atom into this. I think it's kind of silly that they made him an Ironman type guy, but it helps differentiate from Antman so I think that's okay.
    I love Ray. I hope he gets a spin-off series or at least is a fixed feature of both Arrow and Flash from now on. But they did hint at his shrinking (he said something about the trick being to go smaller). I don't really see why being Iron Man-lite is better than being confused with Ant-Man (and the Atom predates them both).

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So, I *totally* didn't notice something until last night's episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well's rival, the head of Mecury tech? That's the actress for Tina from the original series. In my defense I hadn't rewatched the original series before her first appearance so I have an excuse.

Once again, the whole "justice for my father" juxtaposition with "justice for the original series" comes through.

I was under the impression the "team" spinoff that Ray is going to be on was already officially announced?
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    So, I *totally* didn't notice something until last night's episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well's rival, the head of Mecury tech? That's the actress for Tina from the original series. In my defense I hadn't rewatched the original series before her first appearance so I have an excuse.

Once again, the whole "justice for my father" juxtaposition with "justice for the original series" comes through.

I was under the impression the "team" spinoff that Ray is going to be on was already officially announced?
    Also if you missed it, in the Trickster episode (along with the obvious recurring character of course) Mayor Bellows was played by Vito D'Ambrosio, who was only Officer Bellows back in 1990.
    Now with half the calories!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Not Flash, but cross over related.

Spoiler: New Arrow Episode
    Show
    So it seems Arrow just had a meta human, that wasn't in Central City during the particle accelerator test.

Lot that the flash (and arrow) can do with this. Just hope they actually do do something with it.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    Also if you missed it, in the Trickster episode (along with the obvious recurring character of course) Mayor Bellows was played by Vito D'Ambrosio, who was only Officer Bellows back in 1990.
    Did NOT notice that either, thanks!
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Not Flash, but cross over related.

Spoiler: New Arrow Episode
    Show
    So it seems Arrow just had a meta human, that wasn't in Central City during the particle accelerator test.

Lot that the flash (and arrow) can do with this. Just hope they actually do do something with it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suspect that this is how the show runners are going to justify the new spinoff show, where Ray and Firestorm team up to go fight metahumans popping up in places the Flash can't easily reach.

Though I suppose it could also be working to foreshadow metahumans popping up as Arrow villains
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #313

Spoiler
    Show
    "It's a bird." "No, it's a plane!"

Anyone else felt like facepalming when they said that?
    Last edited by Soepvork; 2015-04-16 at 04:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soepvork View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Sometimes you get "I am your father" for hysterical laughter of glee. Other times you get that.
    Last edited by Pex; 2015-04-16 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soepvork View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I kinda wanted to punch my TV at that bit. It just REEKED of David Goyer and Geoff Johns wanting to insult the fanbase to me.

Edit:

Also:

Spoiler: Spoilers.
    Show
    Freaking Iris. Just, *%(!ing Iris. How do you write a character so poorly that she makes a Lois Lane clone from the 1960's look good by comparison?!!!!!

*Headdesk.*
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2015-04-16 at 08:04 PM.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I kinda wanted to punch my TV at that bit. It just REEKED of David Goyer and Geoff Johns wanting to insult the fanbase to me.
    I'm the first one to shake my fist at Johns but it felt a bit more playful to me.

I mean you have a guy who played Superman running around in bright primary colors. May as well have fun with it.

17. - Top - End - #317

PirateGuy

This summer... you will believe a billionaire can be a huge dork.
    Now with half the calories!

18. - Top - End - #318

Spoiler: Spoilers.
    Show
    Freaking Iris. Just, *%(!ing Iris. How do you write a character so poorly that she makes a Lois Lane clone from the 1960's look good by comparison?!!!!!

*Headdesk.*
    She's a journalist who can't even get taken seriously at work. She's trained to handle and deal with heavy cases like this. Her entire career involves cases involving this specific person right now. Eddie is sabotaging her job and treating her like a child. Because her father demands to still treat her like a child.

It's not even that The Flash is a particularly dangerous subject to write on in and of himself. He's a dude in a red suit who runs fast. He spent the night catching people with no casualties and no repercussions and they had a blast. The report wouldn't have read that differently from any other report on a police bust except 'oh, and this guy helped' and would have probably been just the thing she needed to get taken seriously as a journalist.

If she's acting pissy, it's because everyone else is having a great time naming weird villains and catching bad guys, but she never gets invited.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Sometimes you get "I am your father" for hysterical laughter of glee. Other times you get that.
    To be fair, I groaned a bit at the 'I am your father' comment as well. Maybe I am not quite the type of audience the writers had in mind....
    Spoiler
    Show

So you get two cookies.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    She's a journalist who can't even get taken seriously at work. She's trained to handle and deal with heavy cases like this. Her entire career involves cases involving this specific person right now. Eddie is sabotaging her job and treating her like a child. Because her father demands to still treat her like a child.

It's not even that The Flash is a particularly dangerous subject to write on in and of himself. He's a dude in a red suit who runs fast. He spent the night catching people with no casualties and no repercussions and they had a blast. The report wouldn't have read that differently from any other report on a police bust except 'oh, and this guy helped' and would have probably been just the thing she needed to get taken seriously as a journalist.

If she's acting pissy, it's because everyone else is having a great time naming weird villains and catching bad guys, but she never gets invited.
    I think you put your finger on it: In a show that is so much fun to watch, that does not fear to embrace being comicbooky or using cheesy dialogue, the Iris situation is just no fun at all. Joes treats Iris like a stupid child, Barry does the same with Joe's encouragement all the while claiming she's his best friend while not treating her like a best friend, and now they've dragged Eddie into it over his protestations, Barry goes to Iris and outright lies to her about why Eddie's being secretive, and Eddie gets to suffer Iris's wrath instead of the more deserving Joe and Barry. Their excuse that they are protecting her makes not sense-- it's the villain who needs to not know who the Flash is and that Iris has a connection to him to place Iris in danger. They could use the excuse that she's a reporter now, but the show hasn't bothered with that tack or made her much of a reporter yet.

I thought this past episode might be going for some sort of resolution to this finally, since they dialed up the ridiculousness of it. But instead I feel they brought it to an even more unfun place.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I for one didn't feel insulted, I thought it fell under the "cute & inevitable joke they made sooner rather than later" myself.
    • Talk less; say more.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

It's that time again! Ahhh love that new episode smell.

Spoiler: Who is Harrison Wells?
    Show
    Wow, okay.
    So they found the body of the real Harrison Wells and Eobard's hidey hole.

One thing I noticed, the date on the article Gideon was showing was dated 2024... In Out of Time (the one where Eobard kills Cisco), doesn't Eobard say Cisco has been dead for decades?

Also, can we just officially incorporate The Arrow into this thread too? There is a crap load of crossovers going on.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2015-04-21 at 09:39 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #323

It's that time again! Ahhh love that new episode smell.

Spoiler: Who is Harrison Wells?
    Show
    Wow, okay.
    So they found the body of the real Harrison Wells and Eobard's hidey hole.

One thing I noticed, the date on the article Gideon was showing was dated 2024... In Out of Time (the one where Eobard kills Cisco), doesn't Eobard say Cisco has been dead for decades?

Also, can we just officially incorporate The Arrow into this thread too? There is a crap load of crossovers going on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm only against including The Arrow here because it's bad and it really does seem like no one cares, to which I'm sorry if you're a fan. I'd be okay with it that bit aside, more conversation is good!

I like the idea that they told The Every Man his name and he liked it. I wonder if the fake Welles took inspiration from The Every Man when making his weird "replace all your blood with my blood so I can become you" device.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

RE: Including Arrow & upcoming spinoff series. Meh, I have no problem with treating this as a "DC on CW" thread. I'm working my way through Arrow Season 2 right now myself, did Season 3 take a turn for the worse or something?

As for tonight... it was totally in-character for Kaitlyn\Frost to not change her mind easily. I do like that the series is not dragging its heels on the various plot points, and that the series did the 'obvious dodge' with regards to Eddie and, "I'm working with the Flash but can't acknowledge it because he's technically a vigilante" (even if, really, they should have from the get-go). I personally was hoping the "found body" in the previews was going to be Stagg, which frankly is a plot point the series hasn't done enough with (I think the notion that he's missing has been merely mentioned - apparently what with Oliver Queen, multi-millionaires just disappear for months all them time ).
    • Talk less; say more.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    I'm working my way through Arrow Season 2 right now myself, did Season 3 take a turn for the worse or something?
    The first half did. It's gotten a lot better the last 5 or so episodes, since they started doing the main plot of the season instead of screwing around with wannbe filler.

Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #326

The first half did. It's gotten a lot better the last 5 or so episodes, since they started doing the main plot of the season instead of screwing around with wannbe filler.
    Also that Oliver has a no kill policy now despite his...very kill happy beginnings, and the fact that everyone is totally fine with him now despite the fact that he DID kill a lot of people.

Also apparently the treatment of the ladies is so bad that Black Canary's one cameo in the last Flash episode is already a better characterization then her on Arrow.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also that Oliver has a no kill policy now despite his...very kill happy beginnings, and the fact that everyone is totally fine with him now despite the fact that he DID kill a lot of people.
    Ehhh, I wouldn't say totally fine with it. Circumstantially understanding is a better term. It's not like you can take 5 years of living in a kill/be killed situation and turn that off at at a moments notice.

Also apparently the treatment of the ladies is so bad that Black Canary's one cameo in the last Flash episode is already a better characterization then her on Arrow.
    I said the first half of the season was bad, just didn't mention how bad. They pretty much took every character and threw them under a spiky wheeled steamroller. The first 2 seasons at least had decently enough set personalities for most of the chars, this season made them look like they had multiple personality disorders.

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, are Everyman and "Orsen Wells" connected?
    What is the theory of time travel in Flashverse?
    Can they touch their past selves ("Back to the Future" but faint if realize they are) or do they explode ("Time Cop")?

29. - Top - End - #329

He said Cisco has been dead for centuries . Eobard is from the 2500s.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCrow View Post
    I think you put your finger on it: In a show that is so much fun to watch, that does not fear to embrace being comicbooky or using cheesy dialogue, the Iris situation is just no fun at all. Joes treats Iris like a stupid child, Barry does the same with Joe's encouragement all the while claiming she's his best friend while not treating her like a best friend, and now they've dragged Eddie into it over his protestations, Barry goes to Iris and outright lies to her about why Eddie's being secretive, and Eddie gets to suffer Iris's wrath instead of the more deserving Joe and Barry. Their excuse that they are protecting her makes not sense-- it's the villain who needs to not know who the Flash is and that Iris has a connection to him to place Iris in danger. They could use the excuse that she's a reporter now, but the show hasn't bothered with that tack or made her much of a reporter yet.

I thought this past episode might be going for some sort of resolution to this finally, since they dialed up the ridiculousness of it. But instead I feel they brought it to an even more unfun place.
    It's even worse when you consider the fact that since they believe the villain is Wells, he ALREADY KNOWS about the connection between Barry and Iris. Heck, thanks to the one day reset, he even knows that the connection is strong enough that under the right circumstances, one day is enough to turn Iris from Eddie to Barry.

In short, even the reporter angle only flies if you believe she'll immediately start writing articles on Wells as a possible Reverse Flash, or start confronting him with no precautions at all. And we haven't seen anything to indicate she's that careless.

I can't come up with any other reason that doesn't make them look like massive idiots for not telling her, because they are leaving her in more danger. The bad guy already knows.

Spoiler: Last night's episode
    Show
    And as of last night's episode, they KNOW that Wells is apparently not Wells, and IS the Reverse Flash. Wanna bet that they STILL don't tell her? My money is, she finds out by accident or when Barry's in a situation where he has no choice.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".