New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

My GMR lists it as Ilven's turn right now.

(I've been moving, so I set GMR to Vacation mode, which lasted for my last two turns.)

In reverse order, here's the most recent turns...

March 2nd
    (currently Korea's turn)
    Morocco
    Ethiopia

March 1st
    Poland (vacation mode)
    Egypt
    Portugal/The Azure City
    Korea
    Morocco

February 28th
    Morocco
    Persia
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

I submitted my turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    My GMR lists it as Ilven's turn right now.

(I've been moving, so I set GMR to Vacation mode, which lasted for my last two turns.)

In reverse order, here's the most recent turns...

March 2nd
    (currently Korea's turn)
    Morocco
    Ethiopia
    Yeah, I'm playing Ethiopia. My best guess is since you were in Vacation mode it was actually my turn the whole time but when I loaded the GMR page it listed you as the current turn all day yesterday. 24 hours passed and it skipped the turn, which instead of being you who got skipped (which is what GMR was telling me) it was me! I bet if I had actually logged in it would've told me it was my turn, but I always check the game page before bothering to log in. Just something I should keep in mind for the future I guess.

Like I said, no big deal, hopefully. I should've been in progress on both research and building, all it might've done is move my units differently than I would've.
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2015-03-02 at 07:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

So, I think that makes sense, especially from my end: I enabled Vacation Mode while it was my turn, but it was still showing as my turn, so I hit manual skip. I'm guessing that accidentally sent two "skip my turn" notifications to GMR.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #245

Spoiler: Korea
    Show
    The first caravan will be ready in three council sessions or so. We are gathering the materials in our capital and may need to spend additional time moving the base of operations to a frontier city before it can reach your lands. Please do not worry about our scouts near your cities, as we're merely blazing the trail that will be needed for the trade route.

In addition, while it is early to be bringing this up, we wish to discuss the river valley to the east of your lands. The Ethiopian peoples need very little land for our traditional ways, and have established most of what we feel we will desire for our civilization but we require a fertile area for our final colony. An encampment of Barbarians currently makes the region inhospitable, but when it is time for our Empire to grow once more we would prefer to settle on the river to your east a ways. Have you any concerns about this proposal?

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Show
    The first caravan will be ready in three council sessions or so. We are gathering the materials in our capital and may need to spend additional time moving the base of operations to a frontier city before it can reach your lands. Please do not worry about our scouts near your cities, as we're merely blazing the trail that will be needed for the trade route.

In addition, while it is early to be bringing this up, we wish to discuss the river valley to the east of your lands. The Ethiopian peoples need very little land for our traditional ways, and have established most of what we feel we will desire for our civilization but we require a fertile area for our final colony. An encampment of Barbarians currently makes the region inhospitable, but when it is time for our Empire to grow once more we would prefer to settle on the river to your east a ways. Have you any concerns about this proposal?
    Spoiler: To Ethopia
    Show

About how close?

For our final city, we were considering a canal city on the small 1 tile land bridge that inbetween the north part and the south part of the continent. What do you think about that?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: To Ethopia
    Show

About how close?

For our final city, we were considering a canal city on the small 1 tile land bridge that inbetween the north part and the south part of the continent. What do you think about that?
    Spoiler: To Korea
    Show
    Our cartographers have told us our ideal spot is approximately 9 days travel east from the iron mines within your borders.

Our maps show not this land bridge, but we have been busy quelling barbarian uprisings and have not scouted farther west or north than the Korean lands and the City-State of Bucharest. Our city of Harar is situated on a small land bridge, between a great lake and the eastern ocean. We regret if we inadvertently settled land your people had their eyes upon.

Harar's western borders should be visible from the ruins of that Barbarian camp. Is this the land bridge you speak of?
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2015-03-07 at 06:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Spoiler: To Korea
    Show
    Our cartographers have told us our ideal spot is approximately 9 days travel east from the iron mines within your borders.

Our maps show not this land bridge, but we have been busy quelling barbarian uprisings and have not scouted farther west or north than the Korean lands and the City-State of Bucharest. Our city of Harar is situated on a small land bridge, between a great lake and the eastern ocean. We regret if we inadvertently settled land your people had their eyes upon.

Harar's western borders should be visible from the ruins of that Barbarian camp. Whereabouts is this land bridge you speak of?
    Spoiler: The ethopia
    Show

It's above Seoul, so no worries there.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Azure
    Show
    My good colleagues, We have both prospered from cooperation and have come to mutually agreed upon treaties, perhaps it is time for a more formal declaration? Shall we be friends?
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    EEEHEEHEE!! My War Chariot explored some ruins, found advanced weapons, and they have now been christened as the first members of the Order of Knights of the Wheel! We look forward to the day when other Knights may follow their lead!

11. - Top - End - #251

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Spoiler: Azure
    Show
    My good colleagues, We have both prospered from cooperation and have come to mutually agreed upon treaties, perhaps it is time for a more formal declaration? Shall we be friends?
    Spoiler: to Pharoah Orcus
    Show

What a splendid idea! Mr. Scruffy says that you AND the Poles can have plenty of his amazing tuna and whalemeat. We certainly love friends, and having friends is smart.
    OOC: What is not smart, but is IC for the Azurites, is purposefully settling all my cities next to barbarian encampments. I CERTAINLY do not expect to stay in first place for long.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

12. - Top - End - #252

Show
    A caravan has begun running from our city of Adwa to your city of Busan. Being folk of Honor, we will maintain vigilance against Barbarians and try to notify you if any of the brutes set up an encampment near the route but it is quite safe at the moment and should remain so with our mutual protection.

13. - Top - End - #253

So it's empire viewing time!
    Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

Here we see the capital city of Seoul, about to finish a settler.

Here are my other two cities

And the future Canal city

Seoul is detail.

Busan in detail.

Jeonju in detail.

Archery von archer flees to arch another day.

Archery von scountington fights to liberate a worker.

Tech tree

Demographics. Best army!

14. - Top - End - #254

Overdue tour!
    Show
    Behold Thebes

Got my first GS, should be getting a Prophet soon and I'm building Hagia Sophia so that I can hopefully enhance as soon as I found.

Memphis!

Memphis has been growing very fast, but has been neglecting production. That should be solved soon, since the Marble is done and I can start building up mines. It should get Kilimanjaro before long, too.

Heliopolis!

Just founded, and will be the last city I found to my north, barring strange happenings. Should have plenty of production before long.

Overall, my score has dropped from my top position, but that's to be expected. Wonders really shoot you up, but once people are settling their 4th city, they catch up. I have two more cities to found, and I'm about to finish researching Education in time for the Hagia Sophia to finish. I'll get a university, trade route and maybe a garden/national epic in Thebes before I get my 4th city out, and then I'll get which ever of the Garden I didn't get, any choice wonders still not claimed, get my guilds up in my secondary cities along with universities, and fill my trade routes in the capitol and get my 5th and final city.

Then, it's gonna be nothing but science, boats and troops for a while. Azure has been very friendly, and Poland has been nice enough, but I want to make sure I have enough of a land force to at least hold the mountain range for a few turns just in case, and then I'll have my fleet to hold off anyone else.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

15. - Top - End - #255

Ramses once again descended from the Oracle with a divine revelation, but this one was strange. It was about Ancient Aliens, how they helped Egypt build the pyramids or something? The people of Thebes were very confused.

Spoiler: Artist's rendtion
    Show

The priests really got into it, though, and soon enough Ancient Aliens was the dominant faith of Egypt!

Show
    There wasn't a whole lot of decent beliefs yet, but went with Feed the World since my temples are really good anyway No, I went with the one that gives faith for wonders. I need more sleep.... also took Interfaith Dialogue to up my science. Interfaith will require me to be a religious nuisance. I have no problems with this.
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2015-03-31 at 08:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Are we allowed to see the artist rendition?

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Are we allowed to see the artist rendition?
    Of course!

18. - Top - End - #258

Show
    Our Scouts have reported a Barbarian camp just south of Busan. We have dispatched a unit of chariot archers but it will take some time for them to rout the brutes from their fortifications. We suggest you watch your borders carefully for the moment.

19. - Top - End - #259

Spoiler: Ethopia
    Show

Thanks for the headsup. I'll move some archers to help deal with it.

20. - Top - End - #260

The Great and Benevolent Ramses wishes to preemptively apologize to all the nations of the world. There is talk that some of our more.......zealous.... priests are planning to go on missions abroad. Please know that we are stopping these interlopers wherever we can, but we cannot control everyone.

If you start hearing strange conversations in your taverns and forums, though, worry not. It's not revolution, they're only talking about.....
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

RedKnightGirl

Blasphemy! The Twelve Gods know that this world is the only world in the universe, and any talk of us being in some sort of "simulation" is absolute heresy!
    Heresy I say!
    Cthulhu Ftaghn Ia Ia!
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

22. - Top - End - #262

That moment when the AI picks terrible enhancement beliefs for you......

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler: Bird of Purgatory
    Show

Hey, it wouldn't let me accept the deal you offered. Salt, for 7 GPT, so I resent you the same offer.

24. - Top - End - #264

"Portugal" and Poland seem to be getting skipped a lot, is everything ok?

25. - Top - End - #265

Spoiler: Bird of Purgatory.
    Show

It said the deal was no longer valid? Did you decline it, accept it, not see it? Either way I re-sent it.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    I got a notification that the deal was no longer valid, and then a notification that you'd proposed a new deal, which I thought I accepted? I'll look at the deal history to see if it went through, when my next turn rolls around.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    "Portugal" and Poland seem to be getting skipped a lot, is everything ok?
    Should be fine, I just had bad timing this time around. I've got a particularly small window of free time after work (roughly a couple of hours), so if the prior player submits a turn during that window on the previous day, there's a chance I'll miss the 24-hour cutoff while taking care of other business online.

(I really wish I had a better commute.)

Though, I'll be away on a trip this weekend...it'd be cool if people took their time on their turns.

28. - Top - End - #268

Don't forget about vacation mode!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    So: my deal history indicates that I'm already supplying you with salt in exchange for citrus, as of Turn 92. I do have access to citrus, so the deal seems to be working on my end; check to see if you're getting the salt? You can mouse over your total happiness, check your deal history, or both.

(Your proposal turned up in triplicate for some reason, but refusing one of them seems to have cleared all three. Let me know if it's still buggy on your end.)
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #270

That Vacation Mode skip happened again. Never got my turn... hopefully the AI didn't screw up my Settler... I'm literally two turns away from placing a city.

EDIT: Hey Carpe, when are you turning on Vacation mode? It looks to me like what happens is the turn timer doesn't reset after you turn it on during your turn, but GMR won't let me take my turn yet, so I get skipped once the 24 hours from the previous submission is past.
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2015-04-12 at 12:45 PM.