New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: One more try...

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default One more try...

Ok...a couple of days ago (I think) I asked help with some builds that where all disaproved by DM and now Im stuck with Core (DMG + Player's Handbook+PH's 2) and Completes (No psionics).

Im going to play a Cleric 20 focusing on dealing DAMAGE with my big greatsword. I know the standard route of Extend, Persistent and DMM: Persist. Power Attack and Extra Turning. But Im lost with the other feats and also need help with Domains. Im trying to make a warlord (inspired by Lord's of War cinematics). This Cleric won't have Diety and as I said, will be using a Greatsword. Stats will be rolled. Which stat should I prioritize? We are starting at level 1 by the way.

Thanks everyone! Im pissed..
    Last edited by Val666; 2014-10-03 at 02:25 PM.
    Pew pew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: One more try...

Stats - wise go: wis>con> str/cha> dex> int.

Feats: Power Attack and Leap Attack, Knowledge Devotion/Travel Devotion.

Should do you nicely.

I'm not the biggest optimizer so I'm sure someone will point out my mistakes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Travel Devotion is very useful for move + full attack, yes.

Ability scores: Wisdom 16, Charisma 14, then prioritize Con>Str>Dex>Int. Make sure you have enough skill points to keep Concentration and Spellcraft maxed; a human gets a bonus feat and also wouldn't need to increase Int above 8 to do this. Charisma 14 because turn attempts. 3 (base) + 2 (Charisma) + 4 (Extra Turning) + 1 (Reliquary Holy Symbol) + 4 (Nightstick) = 14/day, enough to keep four extended, DMM-persisted buffs up at a time. Even one fewer turn attempt knocks that down to two buffs.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PaucaTerrorem View Post
    Stats - wise go: wis>con> str/cha> dex> int.

Feats: Power Attack and Leap Attack, Knowledge Devotion/Travel Devotion.

Should do you nicely.

I'm not the biggest optimizer so I'm sure someone will point out my mistakes.
    This, your listed feats, plus quicken spell. Maybe throw in Shock Trooper. The big thing is your spell selection. Check out complete divine and see if there are any full casting prestige classes you like. There's no reason to stick with cleric 20 when you can grab some extra class features.
    Most of my posts are made on my mobile device. Please excuse any errors from auto correct.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfishyfishy View Post
    This, your listed feats, plus quicken spell. Maybe throw in Shock Trooper. The big thing is your spell selection. Check out complete divine and see if there are any full casting prestige classes you like. There's no reason to stick with cleric 20 when you can grab some extra class features.
    Uhmm ok I'll check for other prestiges and spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Travel Devotion is very useful for move + full attack, yes.

Ability scores: Wisdom 16, Charisma 14, then prioritize Con>Str>Dex>Int. Make sure you have enough skill points to keep Concentration and Spellcraft maxed; a human gets a bonus feat and also wouldn't need to increase Int above 8 to do this. Charisma 14 because turn attempts. 3 (base) + 2 (Charisma) + 4 (Extra Turning) + 1 (Reliquary Holy Symbol) + 4 (Nightstick) = 14/day, enough to keep four extended, DMM-persisted buffs up at a time. Even one fewer turn attempt knocks that down to two buffs.
    Uhmmm the problem is Nightstisck and the symbol are not from core + completes :I so it's just 3+2+4= 9 :c demn nanners
    Pew pew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Val666 View Post
    Uhmm ok I'll check for other prestiges and spells.

Uhmmm the problem is Nightstisck and the symbol are not from core + completes :I so it's just 3+2+4= 9 :c demn nanners
    Hm. Then you don't need Charisma higher than 10. If you have feats to spare at high levels, pick up Extra Turning again, and use an item/spell that increases Charisma.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hm. Then you don't need Charisma higher than 10. If you have feats to spare at high levels, pick up Extra Turning again, and use an item/spell that increases Charisma.
    So...I've never used DMM before. How it works exactly? and how many buffs can I persist with 7 turns?
    Pew pew

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Val666 View Post
    So...I've never used DMM before. How it works exactly? and how many buffs can I persist with 7 turns?
    Two, because of Extend Spell. Persistent buffs duration to 24 hours. Extend doubles that for 48 total. Use DMM to apply Persist to a spell that's been Extended via normal metamagic. 48-hour duration means you have have a buff from yesterday up and a buff from today up. Just cast Extended, DMM-Persisted Divine Power one day, and Extended, DMM-Persisted Righteous Might the next day.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Two, because of Extend Spell. Persistent buffs duration to 24 hours. Extend doubles that for 48 total. Use DMM to apply Persist to a spell that's been Extended via normal metamagic. 48-hour duration means you have have a buff from yesterday up and a buff from today up. Just cast Extended, DMM-Persisted Divine Power one day, and Extended, DMM-Persisted Righteous Might the next day.
    Thanks for your contribution good sir!
    Pew pew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

As for PrC, Ordained Champion(Complete Champion) is pretty good. You lose 2 CL if you take the whole 5 levels of it but you can channel spells into your weapon as a move action.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Uhm...that's pretty interesting...it's like being a duskblade but divine? and 9th level spells? o:
    Pew pew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Ok here's my build:

Cleric 10/ Ordained Champion 5/ Cleric 5
    16 BAB, CL 18

Feats:
    1) Extend Spell, Weapon Focus, Knowledge Devotion, Travel Devotion
    3) Improved Bullrush
    6) Shock Trooper
    9) Extra Turning
    12) Persistent Spell
    15) DMM: Persistent Spell
    18) Extra Turning

What you guys think about it :I
    Pew pew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

d20 Re: One more try...

Personally I would avoid the DMM cheese. It's nice and all but kind of vulnerable to dispel.

Maybe something like this (This is assuming no flaws.):

Human
    Duskblade 1 (Armored Mage: Light), Travel Devotion, Iron Will
    Duskblade 2 (Combat Casting), Knowledge Devotion
    Duskblade 3 (Arcane Channeling), Spell Focus: Evil
    Duskblade 4 (Armored Mage: Medium)
    Duskblade 5 (Quick cast 1/day)
    Ur-priest 1 Arcane Strike
    Ur-priest 2
    Mystic Theurge 1
    Mystic Theurge 2 Power Attack
    Mystic Theurge 3
    Mystic Theurge 4
    Mystic Theurge 5 Cleave
    Mystic Theurge 6
    Mystic Theurge 7
    Mystic Theurge 8 Great Cleave

Five levels are left to play with. You'll have 9th level spells by character level 14 or 15 depending on stats. I would suggest simply utilizing an Extend Rod if you really want longer-lasting spells. If flaws are allowed pick up Power Attack and Cleave earlier. My build is a mite stringent in that you need to be evil, but it does out-curve your build and suits the godless theme you seemed to be shooting for.
    Last edited by Curbstomp; 2014-10-04 at 04:10 AM.
    -Curb

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Curbstomp View Post
    Personally I would avoid the DMM cheese. It's nice and all but kind of vulnerable to dispel.

Maybe something like this (This is assuming no flaws.):

Human
    Duskblade 1 (Armored Mage: Light), Travel Devotion, Iron Will
    Duskblade 2 (Combat Casting), Knowledge Devotion
    Duskblade 3 (Arcane Channeling), Spell Focus: Evil
    Duskblade 4 (Armored Mage: Medium)
    Duskblade 5 (Quick cast 1/day)
    Ur-priest 1 Arcane Strike
    Ur-priest 2
    Mystic Theurge 1
    Mystic Theurge 2 Power Attack
    Mystic Theurge 3
    Mystic Theurge 4
    Mystic Theurge 5 Cleave
    Mystic Theurge 6
    Mystic Theurge 7
    Mystic Theurge 8 Great Cleave

Five levels are left to play with. You'll have 9th level spells by character level 14 or 15 depending on stats. I would suggest simply utilizing an Extend Rod if you really want longer-lasting spells. If flaws are allowed pick up Power Attack and Cleave earlier. My build is a mite stringent in that you need to be evil, but it does out-curve your build and suits the godless theme you seemed to be shooting for.
    Really cool build! thanks for the suggestion bro but if you had read the things above...multiclassing would be extremly difficuly in this campaign. Thats why Im sticking with cleric (which Im trying to make a warlord or something like that) and not going Ordained Champion at level 5. It a fluf stuff like: My cleric fight and fight anc continue fighting (he is godless by the way) until something happens in the campaing and he must choose which side to go. Good or Evil, Heironeous or Hextor. That would be mid game like...level 10. I also wanted to avoid the DMM cheese but I can't find any other good feats to fill :v
    Pew pew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

d20 Re: One more try...

No problem. You can do the same build with Ur-priest alone in place of Mystic Theurge by the way. It is a little less busted and would only be 1 base class + 1 prestige class.

For your Mono-cleric build, it would be best if you had access to the Wrath domain. Rhino's Rush is goofy-good at character level 1. Beyond that my advise is Power Attack, Cleave, and Great Cleave as early as possible and pick a domain with True Strike as the level 1 spell. Make sure you utilize the alternate class feature to spontaneously cast from one of your domains rather than cure/inflict. For your second domain if Wrath is not allowed, I would suggest Plant. Entangle isn't bad at low levels and those extra turning attempts are huge to fuel your Travel Devotion. Your early build might look something like this:

Human
    Cleric 1 (godless) Domains: Time and Plant (or Wrath) Travel Devotion, Power Attack
    Cleric 2
    Cleric 3 Cleave
    Cleric 4
    Cleric 5
    Cleric 6 Knowledge Devotion (You can't take this at level 1 see prerequisites)
    Cleric 7
    Cleric 8
    Cleric 9 Great Cleave

Make sure you pick up a wand of True Strike so that you can full Power Attack every other round without burning spell slots. Travel Devotion combined with the ability to Cleave will offset the loss of combat actions caused by utilizing True Strike. Also note that if it is allowed Cloistered Cleric is better for this build b/c of the Knowledge Domain and the extra skill points. Lower HP will hurt a little, but as a caster you can offset that with buffs.
    Last edited by Curbstomp; 2014-10-04 at 11:12 PM.
    -Curb