New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Hunters

1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Sun Hunters

Elarish shakes her head as Ovel rises up.
    "Arrogance is an attitude, nothing more. He chose to lord the information he had over us, and he didn't introduce himself. His power is irrelevant to my opinion of him. I do not fear death."
    She smiles slightly.
    "After all, I've already done it before."

When 124 threatens her, Elariel shakes her head.
    "I will not be moved by threats."

She watches the byplay between the priest and the clone, but does not respond. However, when he heals her, she smiles at him.
    "Of course. Thank you for your aid. I think..."
    She stands, and while the world spins, it soon stops. Her head was still pounding, but the pain was muted enough that she could ignore it.
    "I think I can stand, and walk now. Thank you."

With a final nod, and a smile for the priest, she heads out into the central area, soon finding the others.
    "A search for information. I'm afraid that my talents don't lie in such directions. Do any of yours?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

My talent lies in most directions. That amongst other things include persuading. Is anyone else skilled in the arts of extracting information?
    The lad asks with his innocent smile. He decides to let the others feel imporant. Since the boy was an infant initially his mother would be our clue. Talking to the inner circle of the pelor church would be a possibility. Likewise looking into the relations the mother had before her theft is a way of doing it. What do you think? Is anyone from the area?

At some point he will ask Marcus(assuming he is wearing some pelor sign) Seing you are a follower of Pelor, do you have additional informations or perhaps know someone who would?

3. - Top - End - #63

GreenSorcererElf

"If he has a fancy sword, that is the sort of thing that people notice. We could see about hiring someone to locate it for us, as it shouldn't be hard to find. Or we could just walk away, and do something that will actually allow us to learn something, and actually make a name for ourselves, rather than this fairly pointless task."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Not if the sword is hidden. Do you think he would have been able to remain hideen for 8 years if he was waving it around in the streets.
    There is a lot of reasons to stay and complete the task. I know you don't care about dying again and don't like Eternal Armade but if not for you then do it for your brother. Don't you think he would be devestated if you were killed because you refused to find a child with a shiny sword? If we do it quickly we can go and make a name for ourself faster right?
    Noegle tries to play on the sibling bond, hoping that the filthy casual will stop being so troublesome soon. Why do they so often resist the wishes of those more important than them, it was almost as if they wanted to convince themselves that they were imporant enough to matter.

5. - Top - End - #65

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel shakes her head.
    "The sword may or may not be hidden. Remember, others know of its whereabouts, and are simply choosing not to share. Assuming the information was acquired via an information network of some sort, a thieves guild would be an excellent place to start."
    Elariel listens to Noegle's attempt to point out the threat, but she shakes her head.
    "It doesn't work like that. As he said, doing this is optional."
    Idiot. You'd think he respects that arrogant creature.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"It is clear that the boy is having some support" Ellyrion said as he climbed up, unaware of the conversation that transpired before " somebody is hiding him from the church. My guess would be either the demon that affiliated with it's mother, a group opposed to Pelor, or any family of his in hiding"

7. - Top - End - #67

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel smiles warmly at her brother.
    "Of course. We just need to find them. Something that we aren't suited for. Thus, we will need to find those who are suited for this, and enlist their aid, which will probably lead us to helping that group in some way, assuming we are committed to doing this."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Is she seriously considering the sword to be waved around in the streets? Suppose that's what you could expect from a savage.

When Ellyrion speaks he responds Any of those could be.
    There is no way that I will down myself to the level of begging mere thieves for help, the idea is repulsive! This inner circle of Pelor still would be the obvious place of gaining information regarding the mother and her connections.

9. - Top - End - #69

GreenSorcererElf

Is that Noegle fellow an idiot? If the church of pelor had any idea where the boy was, they would have acted. As he is still presumably alive, they can't have found him.
    She looks at Noegle, and shakes her head, sighing at his foolishness.
    "You wouldn't be begging, but offering an exchange of services. Thieves are often quite good with current knowledge. If the circle of Pelor knows anything, they would have acted on it. After all, they do so dislike people who don't agree with them."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #70

NecromancerGuy

"I doubt they will give us any meaningful information" ellyrion scowled " Had they the needed information, they would have recovered the sword instead of calling to the sunguise for aid. Not to mention they do not seem to like the lordship of the Eye over them"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Elariel's point about exchange pokes Noegle in an unpleasant spot. He knew that he should have brought more money when he left.

Do you usually offer your services to robbers and criminals?
    The circle would have acted if they knew where the sword was. Obviously they don't however they will know about the mother's history, about her person and possibly let us spot something they missed. Do you not think that the circle knows the family relations of the child? That's more than we do.

12. - Top - End - #72

GreenSorcererElf

"Usually? No. Not at all. But in this case, if we are to do this, we have no useful alternatives. After all, why would the circle of pelor share their knowledge with outsiders, even if they have any? We already know the family. Remember the embarrassment of the church? This is why I would vastly prefer to walk away."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Because we are sun hunters. And because one of us are a member of their church.

14. - Top - End - #74

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel shakes her head again, amazed at this fool's sheer idiocy.
    "Do you really thing that the Church of Pelor, a group that doesn't like the lordship of the Sunguises, is going tell a group of Hunters a secret that embarrasses them? The thieves are the more trustworthy of the two."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Assuming that the circle will ignore a reasonable request from one of their own then yes I do think that they will coorporate. You just felt the power of Armade, surely you must agree that non-suicidal people would prefer not to enjoy the same experience.

After ending the sentence Noegle takes a deep breath. He can't believe that this dust girl is able to affect him this much. Even though he's not happy to admit it he's actually a bit impressed.

16. - Top - End - #76

GreenSorcererElf

She snorts.
    "If you believe that they will help, you clearly don't know the church of Pelor very well. The low ranking clerics might be ok, but the upper ranking ones... they can't be trusted. But, if you feel that they can be, that's your grave, not mine."

(1d20+19)[39] know: Local: What does she know about the local thieves guilds?
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Marius listens to the exchange between to two and with the patient of a saint, ironically enough, he restrains himself from weighing in on the conversation of which of his new allies had a short life expectancy. "I could check with my order, even though the priests of Pelor have hidden this secrets, any priest that would lie to a paladin of Pelor and open themselves up to an inquisitorial investigation is only slightly more intelligent than a man covering himself in meat and attempting to snuggle with a bear." he grins for a moment,"If they are still continuing to shelter the child, they won't do so for much longer. I can be quite... persuasive. Eventually they'll be confessing every little deed they've done." For a moment, despite being his allies, you feel a strange aura radiate from him. This is not one of courage that many travelers speak of when they tell tales of being aligned with one of the blessed knights, no this is an aura of pure, intense fear. While you are brave enough to neither cower nor flee, it is still an unnerving presence which seems to contrast with the small smile on his face.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-10-06 at 07:13 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I just need a name, which sounds like it'd be common knowledge among the local priest hood, at least the family name."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

19. - Top - End - #79

GreenSorcererElf

Looking at the other three, all with their shiny determination that the church of Pelor was good, and would help them, Elariel feels old. Looking sad, she eyes them.
    "If you feel the risk is worth it, go for it."
    She turns to her brother, Ellyrion.
    "Ellyrion, do you want to come to the thieves guild with me, or do you think it's a good idea to keep an eye on them, since I don't think they know what they are walking into?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #80

NecromancerGuy

" A paladin of Pelor walks with them, so i doubt they need aid" Ellyrion said smiling " Besides, I have heard some masters of the shadow hand discipline rule or work for the largeet thieves guilds. It would be good to test my skills and continue my training. I shall come with you"

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel smiles at her brother, happy that he'd agreed to come too. Two was a far better number than one, as she had learned in her travels.
    "Excellent. Then there is no reason to stay around here. We can meet back here at sunset, which should be plenty of time to investigate what we find. Are you ready, Ellyrion?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree, no reason to stay here. Let's meet at the Eye of the Storm instead, much more pleasant environment.
    Noegle is happy that at least some in the group have enough dignity to not bargain with filthy thieves.

On the way to the inner circle he will ask the four-armed Abbant why he only needs a name
    In addition to asking Marius how he is planning on forcing them to confess.
    He will ask questions to get a general feeling of the strength and weaknesses of the two and assuming they share he will reveal himself to be a shapeshifter.

NB:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I took the liberty of naming a fancy tavern uptown: The Eye of the Storm.
    Noegle is ready to move to the next scene.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-10-09 at 12:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

NecromancerGuy

"Just one moment sister" Ellyrion said, taking out a small platinum shield at the size of the palm of his hand . With a swift incantation, he called on his innate powers, surrounding his form with a a shadowy field of energy , barely visible. "We are good to go"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Greater Mage Armor on Self, 6 hours duration
    Ellyrion is ready to move a the next scene

24. - Top - End - #84

GreenSorcererElf

Recognizing the spell, Elaria smiles softly. The spell she'd use was rather more showy.
    "Then let's go. It should be fairly easy to find, since the headquarters is in the Clara Lux. With a bit of luck, this should be fast, and painless."

She heads out, pausing to make sure El was following, before she heads to the Clara Lux.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

It is weird to me that the church and the thieves guild are sharing the same building Noegle says wondering as he walks.

26. - Top - End - #86

GreenSorcererElf

Elarial looks over at him.
    "That depends entirely on the building. And on the church in question, although I would have more expected the assassin's guild than the thieves' guild."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

What is the deal with you and the church of pelor? Noegle curiously asks.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Clara Lux is the heart of the city, light and shadow blend together." Ovel says, mingling with your shadow, reciting something he heard. "Is there a better place to be protected by the All-Seeing, than underneath the Light of his Children?" The shadow pauses, then continues more awkwardly. "I mean, for a group that acts against the law, while still being within the law, is there logic you can apply? What difference does it make? The Eye said they be there, and so they do. Being so close to light and law, reminds them how fragile their freedom is. They squirm. It is amusing, is it not?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

29. - Top - End - #89

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel stops in the pathway as Noegle asks his question, and it is a moment before she speaks, her voice harsh, and serious.
    "You think they are all nice and loving, yes? They follow the sun, and the sun is far harsher than you know. I have seen things... They are not what you think they are."

Ovel brings her mind back, and she resumes walking.
    "That depends entirely on what amuses you. Personally, I've never liked squirming."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Noegle stiff slightly as the shadow speaks. He almost forgot it was there. After listening to what it has to say he doesn't really have an answer. Instead he asks So what is your story Ovel? Surely it must be an interesting one.

​They are not what I think they are? Then what are they?