New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1503

Thread: Sun Hunters

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Sun Hunters

Elariel nods, allowing her brother to overtake her.
    "Or just see what we're up against, and give us a little advanced knowledge. It's a good plan."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Tucker gives Ellyrion an appraising glance, then shrugs. "I can become invisible for about a minute at a time, but that isn't really enough for full scouting. On the other hand, my raven is just an extension of my own senses, so I could send it in with you to make sure we can come running if something goes wrong. If something kills the raven I can just make another one; it's a great scout."
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

With Tucker's exploration of the area, you have no problem finding the mentioned well. Indeed, there are two houses to the south of the well, either of which could be the one. One looks rather deserted, with boarded up windows and a crooked door, while the other seems a bit more maintained and able to support life, at least up to the life standards that the district provides, anyway.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Tucker points to the more derelict house as his raven flutters over to the windows, trying to get a view inside. "I'd assume it's that one. Trashy place, no signs of occupation. Less people to cause a fuss if we kick in the front door and make our way to the basement. Who wants to go first?"

LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #1355

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel looks at Ellyrion.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ellyrion nods at Elariel, swirling shadows surrounding his body as he becomes nothing less that a phantom of black and white, slowly entering to the darkness . "Skrat, follow me , if something weird happens get to Elariel as fast ast you can" He addresses the raven . "Sure thing boss!" THe white raven replies, following Ellyrion inside

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Ellyrion Hide (1d20+27)[41]
    Ellyrion move silently (1d20+25)[31]
    Ellyrion Sport (1d20+9)[18]
    Ellyrion Listen (1d20+11)[28]
    Skrat hide (1d20+22)[33]
    Skrat move silently (1d20+22)[30]
    Skrat spots (1d20+9)[15]
    sKRAT lISTEN (1D20+9)[26]
    Both have darkvision 60ft, and they will stop if they see someone or a moving source of life, otherwise they keep going and investigating.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth sees the others going into the house that looks abandoned he walks up to the one that looks a bit more maintained and gently taps on the door. After all if they targeted one building and it proved to be the wrong one they could be in trouble, however if they went for both at the same time it left no chance of failure.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Ellyrion:

The door creaks as you open it, but you manage to slip into the abandoned house with relative ease. The place doesn't look like it has seen much use lately, as dust flies up with each of your steps, making it even harder to breath. However, the displacement of dust that you caused makes it easier for you to notice that there was another before. Two sets of footprints, leading up the stairs in the far end of the house. Above, you can hear voices speaking, though the walls muffle the voices too much to make out.

Seth:

Approaching the second house, you knock. "Already back?" A voice grunts as a previously unseen panel slides away to reveal a pair of bored eyes behind the door. They quickly become alert as they notice the bulk of Seth in front of the door, and the panel slides closed. Whispered voices of alarm are heard from within.

9. - Top - End - #1359

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel continues watching, waiting to see what would happen.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #1360

GreenSorcererElf

As she waits, Elariel looks at Tucker and Haberdasher, curiosity in her eyes.
    "Well, since it looks like we're going to be waiting for a bit, maybe you can tell us something about yourselves?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth watches as the panel opens and closes followed by whispered voices he talks to where the hole was just loud enough for those inside to hear. I need a job taken care of and you are the ones I was told can do it. Open the door and let us talk like professionals, or I will break the door down and simply kill you before finding someone else to do the job for me. Really you people act like you haven't seen a damn hunter who needs a job done. Seth says sounding annoyed.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

The voices quiet down for a moment, but it's not long before a latch opens up several feet above the door, pouring orangy-green liquid down on Seth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 13 acid damage and 14 fire damage. A DC 17 reflex save halves the damage (from both sources, one save).

Next round you take 14 more fire damage unless you spend a full round action trying to put the fire off and pass another DC 17 reflex save. Rolling on the ground gives you +2 to the save.

13. - Top - End - #1363

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing the orangy green liquid pouring on Seth, Elariel sighs, before she looks to the newest hunters.
    "Well, I think we have our answer. That's Acidic Fire, some rather nasty stuff, and almost certainly not legal. We have our smugglers, now we just need to take some alive... I just wonder if Seth provoked them? I doubt they approach all visitors like that."
    She starts heading towards the door.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

As the orangery green substance is poured onto seth you can see is not a happy camper as his skin begins to melt away and his body catches fire. His eyes begin to turn white as he turns his body so that it is lined up with the door, before stepping back and charging at it full speed, trying to rip it off of its hinges.

Spoiler: Strength check
    Show
    Trying to run into the door and break it down
    Strength check (1d20+9)[10] Not sure if anything is added to that
    Due to powerful charge whenever he charges something it takes (2d6)[9] damage +2 from colbolt rage having 2 essentia invested into it

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

*Bump*

The door gives Seth a pitiful glance, but does not acknowledge his attempts to hit on it.

16. - Top - End - #1366

GreenSorcererElf

Reaching the door with Seth, Elariel keeps back, out of range of further dumpings. She calls out, to the house.
    "Hello, the house!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

The house pretends not to hear her and does not respond.

18. - Top - End - #1368

GreenSorcererElf

That's a problem. They're probably running away now, and we need to catch them, not simply explore their lair.
    She looks at her two companions.
    "We need to get inside, and quickly. It'll take me some time to prepare to get us in, so I was rather hoping you two might have a faster approach. Time is not on our side."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Slowly, Ellyrion moves up to the second floor, trying not to make any sound, while struggling to understand what the men talk about, while he sends Skrat to see what happened ooutside, given he heard some screams and a weird sizzling noise
    Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently (1d20+25)[43]
    Hide (1d20+27)[46]
    Liste (1d20+11)[20]
    Away until Monday 15/6 to field trip. WIll be unable to post.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Tucker is already in motion, a faintly wild grin forming on his face. "I've got rapid entrances covered! Take a step back, Seth!"

He gives the big man a moment to respond, then he narrows his eyes at the door and shouts a word. The word is incomprehensible, bitter, and sharp; it rings in your ears in an entirely unnatural way, as if Tucker had shouted it into your ear rather than at the door. The door shakes with the sound and then explodes off of its hinges, falling apart into a shower of splinters and larger chunks of wood.

As he does this, his conjured raven darts towards and into the open window from which the acidic fire was issued.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tucker uses his Baleful Utterance, which is like Shatter with some bonuses if he uses it on a weapon. He can use it on any object that weighs up to 70 pounds, which should include any wooden door that isn't designed to be especially stout.

If the door is designed to be especially stout, he'll use it again next round on the doorknob and lock.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2015-06-23 at 02:42 PM.

LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

The door bursts into a shower of splinters, revealing a wooden beam that is still hanging on the other side, held by a metal hook attached to the wall, which was used to secure the door in place. Now the beam no longer has a companion nor purpose, and is easy to shove away. The room inside is lit mostly by a couple of lanterns, as it does not seem to have any windows facing outside. It is a rather barren room, with only a table and a few chairs. Some food, mostly bread, meat and ale, lies on the table or scattered near it. The the right and left are open doors, one leading to a simple kitchen and the other to a room with two bunk beds, with footlockers next to each of them. On the far side is a set of stairs leading up and closed trapdoor leading down.

The latch through which the acidic fire was dropped has closed afterwards, but Tucker's raven is able to glance inside through the windows. The room beyond the glass is as barren as the one you are in, and is as empty of life as yours as well.

Ellyrion silently climbs up the stairs and to the second floor. The voices become clearer now, as he hears two men talking about renovating the house and how much it should cost. The sudden burst of sound from outside causes them to pause and they begin to speak in more hushed tones, concerned but not yet moving towards Ellyrion.

22. - Top - End - #1372

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel, quickly taking in the bare room, the stairs, and the trapdoor into account, even as she nods at Tucker, in thanks.
    "Thanks, Tucker. I'm thinking they went down, because going up leaves them no where to go. Can you take care of the trapdoor as well?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth tries and fails again he looks at the small little person called tucker, stepping back to watch the creature fail like he had when he watches the door splinter into a thousand pieces.By Crom what matter of sorcery be this Annoyed that the little thing had broken the door when he couldn't he quickly tosses the wooden beam out of the way, clear annoyance on his face. Or maybe they are waiting for us to go in the trap door to lock it behind us. Why don't you have the bird scout up the stairs while we go down just incase? Seth says getting ready to lift the trapdoor.

24. - Top - End - #1374

GreenSorcererElf

Feeling the trembling in Song, Elariel shakes her head at Seth's suggestion.
    "She's too frightened."
    She speaks softly, her voice sounding more like chirping than words, as she addresses Song.
    "Song, do you think you can hide in this room, and keep an eye out?"
    The response is more trembles, and then, at last, the brave hummingbird darts away, almost too fast to be seen, and vanishing. Elariel smiles.
    "She'll keep an eye out, and keep out of sight."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Tucker eyes the trapdoor appraisingly. "I can blow up anything smaller than a full-grown halfling. Non-living, that is. It would be a much cooler power if I could also blow up people." He directs his attention to the wooden trapdoor for a moment, and then he shouts out another horrible utterance, causing it to splinter into pieces.

He smiles at his destructive handiwork. "I like to think of it as a skeleton key that keeps things unlocked permanently."

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Baleful Utterance on the trapdoor; should just be one round after he kills the door.

LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #1376

GreenSorcererElf

Once more, Elariel smiles at Tucker.
    "Thank you, Tucker, for your excellent way of knocking."
    She heads inside the house, and peers down the trapdoor, keeping alert for traps and threats as she does so.
    (Search of 24, taking 10)(No trapfinding)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth watches the trapdoor blown way he waits a few moments for people to look for traps while he draws his blade before rushing forward into the hole, counting on his ability to see in the dark to guide him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Saying Seth's rage lasts for 12 rounds, and he wasted two trying to break down a door, trying to speed run before I become fatigued. So seth will run at full speed as long as he can, using a jump check if able to make things go quicker (1d20+18)[25]

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

The trapdoor bursts into a shower of splinters and Elariel approaches it. At a quick glance, she notices no obvious traps, but the drop is about 20 feet. She barely manages to rely the information before Seth leaps into the hole, taking 1 point of nonlethal damage from the drop and... Landing on top of caltrops that were hidden by the dirt of the basement floor, taking an additional point of damage and having his speed halved for 24 hours or him being treated.

The basement is dark, but Seth's darkvision picks up most of the details. On the ceiling, next to the trapdoor, is a pulley, lacking a rope. Perhaps for raising something out of the basement. There is a table with chairs here as well, having a pitcher and some dice on it. The walls are made of rough looking stone, mostly cut straight out of the basement, and wooden beams are holding the house, looking rather well made and probably bearing the entire thing so it doesn't collapse. Boards are piled against one side of the basement.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth jumps down into the basement he bends his legs, trying to asorb the damage of the fall as he had learned long ago from jumping out of trees, and he is happy his knees only hurt slightly from the impact, however the pain to his feets is even worse as he almost jumps back up from the stinging pain of tiny thorns stabbing into his feet. Be careful coming down, tiny thorns at the bottom of this hole and they hurt. Also their seems to be a latch up their near the trap door. I will look around down here for anything. It looks like they were doing something down here, but perhaps we came to the wrong house. Seth calls up as he makes his way over to the wooden boards piled against one side of the basement and begins trying to hack away at them with his sword.

Spoiler: Attack against boards incase their is a trap on them as well
    Show

(1d20+20)[25] Damage (3d6+14)[26]

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Seth destroys the boards, revealing the wall they tried to hide! It's a wall!