New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 8: puzzle & Interventions

@Fax: For team building, I look at synergy between actives and the leadership abilities. Personally, I dont really like combo leaders combined with a attribute matching leaders. Combo lead with Combo leads work better. Its just that sometimes their actives arent all that great.

When I started building teams I didnt look at forums or PDX like Kauai. I just did my own thing. Trial and error on Lava Tube. Eventually you will see a generic pattern=

"At least one turn of major spike damage, an active that will save you for at least one turn (delay/shield), 1 to 3 orb troll insurance policy." (Now you can go look at the teams on PDX and you will see these reoccuring elements pop up in teams.)

You will also find out that when running combo teams, you're optimal is at 2 to 3 attribute on your team. Why? Because there exists actives that whole board shifts! Hence , allowing you to do massive combos. It also gives you 2 useless orb sets that you can build your "orb troll insurance policy on". Same principle as putting subs on a kirin team that eliminates dark and heal orbs. Its just with combo leaders, you have to artificially induce the restriction based on the subs you pick. Why is self restriction good? It gives you more efficiency and less distractions.

With that said, I know you started with Leilan and then switched to Bastet when you got her. So wouldnt it make sense to build around that?

Bastet/Leilan/Echidna/Choice sub (Shynee for spike? Hell maybe Zues for gravity? Or sandy? Its w/e.)/Choice sub (Valk once you get it? More Zues gravity?)/Bastet or Kushi.

Limit the team to three colors so leilan active gives you that one turn spike. Echidna delay for suvival as well as damage. Shynee or gravity with leilan for boss spike (Yes, I see gravity as a spike - sometimes even a 2x doesnt match it). Valk or verche or apollo or artemis to get rid of the none used orbs… Pavarti for more defwnse if you have her. hell of you get good enough, with combo needs you dont even need to use soft orb changers. See how the first two subs basically met the BASICS of a solid team. Then the rest are just what you want, but try to keep their actives relative to the dungeon or team synergy. Then you get into the whole awakening synergy. Think of it as a funnel. Start wide and narrow it down. You will be alright.

If you read all that, you can now see why BSonia is such a bad sub for Bastet, her active weakens the spike. Provides no other utility. Stats? Those stats can be rivaled and does not justify one whole sub slot.

SuiS is probably the only person that throws me completely off guard with some of her team builds lol. Her meeting the "minimal" benchmark is so so unique. Its amazing.

If anyone anyone can add to this or discredit this, I like to hear them. Healthy disgussions always fun =P.

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-10-13 at 02:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    SuiS is probably the only person that throws me completely off guard with some of her team builds lol. Her meeting the "minimal" benchmark is so so unique. Its amazing.

If anyone anyone can add to this or discredit this, I like to hear them. Healthy disgussions always fun =P.

Aca
    Anyone can grab Ra, five appropriately colored gods and go to town. How many of you can say you pushed yourself to your absolutely limit and won because, eg, Angelion?

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Anyone can grab Ra, five appropriately colored gods and go to town. How many of you can say you pushed yourself to your absolutely limit and won because, eg, Angelion?
    For real..... let alone the awakenings on angelion.... I almost face palmed when I saw that mentioned. Lol good times SuiS.
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Y'all could all just pitch in a few hundred dollars collectively and load me up with stones. I'll empty all the chaff from my monster box and go to town in the next godfest, so I have the rem count necessary to compete whitcha.

Till then, I'm succeeding through ingenuity, which I find to de valuable.

5. - Top - End - #125

Y'all could all just pitch in a few hundred dollars collectively and load me up with stones. I'll empty all the chaff from my monster box and go to town in the next godfest, so I have the rem count necessary to compete whitcha.

Till then, I'm succeeding through ingenuity, which I find to de valuable.
    Or I can just give you an acct? What you say? Lol
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-10-13 at 04:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Well, healer Bastet team stomped through Joan of Arc master effortlessly. I'll try Legend when my stam refills.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I actually find the team you built for yourself to be more synergistic then Erloas's, although the double damage reduction probably isn't needed.
    To be fair I designed that team months ago when the options and team costs were a lot different.

I'm not sure I want to bother with any of the skill ups out of this collab. Having to farm it so much just to get the evo material for other parts just doesn't seem worth the effort. I also don't actually use Baal nor the gryps rider.

So this was posted over the weekend:
    *Update2 - Persephone, Parvati, and Izanagi are being considered to be tweaked again in the second wave of balance.

And I know at least here there were complaints about Parvati loosing the auto-heal so maybe that is back.

I didn't realize the war dragon was done yesterday, I think I was missing the easiest level or two to get the stone, oh well.

Wondering if my S-rank team can do Tower of Jewels... it shouldn't be too bad but a pair of Carbuncles often ends up tricky, they hit hard and on a short timer for a 200k S-rank...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    *Update2 - Persephone, Parvati, and Izanagi are being considered to be tweaked again in the second wave of balance.
    Oh good. I have a max-skill Persephone I'm barely using, and an Izanagi I've literally never used.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I tried Hera-Ur (legend) with my Ronia team.
    First wave: I wanted to stall on the green one after killing the blue one. It went will, until a skyfall of five adjacent red orbs caused a mass attack which brought the green ogre below 50% health, which caused him to one-shot me.
    I'm about to rank up, so I could try it again, but I don't think I will. I'll do the collab instead.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Playing the golden one armed dragon and get....

Dino rider +1.

Well, it was a gold egg at least.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    Playing the golden one armed dragon and get....

Dino rider +1.

Well, it was a gold egg at least.
    Riders are now awesome, desirable subs.

Wow, how things have changed.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

So I think the world is telling me not to play today. I've lost way too much stamina to stupid things so far.

Last *have to kill* round of Holy Dragon Knight and I only have 2 of 2 different colors so I can't finish her off. Then I do another attempt later and somehow manage to leave the White Baron at probably 10 hps and he kills me. Then with the tablet on Mystic Stone Dragons (working on clearing them) I have a 1/3 timer on the carbuncles, and then get 2 rounds in a row where I can't possibly activate Karin and die.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post

It's my 3rd Rider (Gryps, Beast and now Dino). What leaders tho? My likely leaders to benefit are my Chinese girls Haku (Beast) and Leilan (Dino). But Gryps is sort of odd man out other than adding Yellow to a Haku team or Purple to Leilan.

I could roll again and I'm tempted to (15 more stones) but I think I've learned when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. But some sage advice still holds:

"Every PADer knows
    That the secret to survivin'
    Is knowin' what to throw away
    And knowin' what to keep
    'Cause every hand's a winner
    And every hand's a loser"

YMMV since my starting diety wasn't the best (Hino Kagutsuchi) but I got tired of redoing the training dungeons.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

So I think the world is telling me not to play today. I've lost way too much stamina to stupid things so far.

Last *have to kill* round of Holy Dragon Knight and I only have 2 of 2 different colors so I can't finish her off. Then I do another attempt later and somehow manage to leave the White Baron at probably 10 hps and he kills me. Then with the tablet on Mystic Stone Dragons (working on clearing them) I have a 1/3 timer on the carbuncles, and then get 2 rounds in a row where I can't possibly activate Karin and die.
    Same here. Tried legend on Joan, got a first round of a cyclops and a dub-topalit, which was survivable. Round two was three sync'd cyclopes on a two-count, and all my orbs spread out too much to get mass attacks. -_-;;

15. - Top - End - #135

Changed my mind. After beating the sky dragon's domain normal dungeon, I tried hera-ur descended. This time, I had spectacularly terrible luck: I spent 7 turns trying to kill the blue ogre on the first floor with my Ronia team, and scarcly any dark or fire orbs dropped. Waste of 50 stamina.
    I might try it again tonight, or I might just chug through Hera and two heroes.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

So, I'm barely playing PaD anymore, but these new goddesses seem pretty awesome. I'm loving the time motif going on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

17. - Top - End - #137

For real... riders... lol the double TPA just give them mad damage... Guess what! The CD for the meteor dragon series is now down to 8 turns at max level lol. They used to be at 15 for max... 8 turn orb shift aint too bad lawl.

But this is the age of the devils. Pad went from CDK nuke teams, to luci/grodin grindfests, healer fanatics with valks, then rsonia.... darn thise row enhancement awakenings? Lol spike leaders were always there after efyptian gods came out.... Hell there are people now that arent happy with heartbreakers.... they used to be so so so desired as leaders and subs....
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-10-13 at 05:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

For real... riders... lol the double TPA just give them mad damage... Guess what! The CD for the meteor dragon series is now down to 8 turns at max level lol. They used to be at 15 for max... 8 turn orb shift aint too bad lawl.
    I assume you mean the rippers? That would be awesome.. except we have no way to skill them up except for self-feedings. And frankly I don't think they're good enough just on the basis of that skill to go through the headache of farming and evoing multiples of them.

(The thing where you feed an ult-evo to another ult-evo for supposedly full skillup might be worth looking into, tho, for an unusual color orb change plus skipping a dozen skillups.)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

I continue to lament losing Gryps. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So, I'm barely playing PaD anymore, but these new goddesses seem pretty awesome. I'm loving the time motif going on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I noticed. >_<

The norms who guide fates across time are indeed interesting goddesses! There's a lot of fun rem stuff coming our way.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I assume you mean the rippers? That would be awesome.. except we have no way to skill them up except for self-feedings. And frankly I don't think they're good enough just on the basis of that skill to go through the headache of farming and evoing multiples of them.
    At least they're farmable outside special dungeons now.

Well, the white and black ones are anyway.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post

You could get them as boss drops from one of the Normal dungeon tiers, but. You know. Normal dungeon boss drop rates.

22. - Top - End - #142

So I did the new Hera dungeon...and forgot to bring either a poisoner or an armor break. Fortunately I had Hera, Hades, and Hera-Is, so I eventually beat Neptune, but that last sub really should have been a machine golem or copperhead and not echidna

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

That's odd, 137ben. Don't you have a leader capable of punching through Neptune?

24. - Top - End - #144

Eeks. Remind me to warm up before going into descents. Just lost 100 stam in hera ur. Totally my fault. Woke up from nap and went straight in. Lol slow ass reactions....
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bastet/Leilan/Echidna/Choice sub (Shynee for spike? Hell maybe Zues for gravity? Or sandy? Its w/e.)/Choice sub (Valk once you get it? More Zues gravity?)/Bastet or Kushi.

(Yes, I see gravity as a spike - sometimes even a 2x doesnt match it).

If you read all that, you can now see why BSonia is such a bad sub for Bastet, her active weakens the spike. Provides no other utility. Stats? Those stats can be rivaled and does not justify one whole sub slot.
    Leilan and Bastet teams use gravity less often cause Zeus is harder to get and skill up than Hera, and the CD is 5 turns longer, but I suppose it's still an option.

And gravity IS a spike. A 'weak', 'permanent' one (for that wave), but also the only one which can be stacked with itself.

Another point on the stats. Even though it's a long term view, stats are the only thing you can modify (via plus eggs). If you want an awesome team, get monsters with awesome skills/synergy - you can shore up mediocre stats via +. This is why dragons generally aren't popular anymore - although they have awesome weighted stats, most of the time their synergy is terrible - usually they just have a breath attack that does mediocre damage, although that's slowly being changed, which is a good thing. Puzzle and Lolis or Puzzle and Devils just sounds weird.

In short, max egging a team gives 2.5 additional monsters worth of stats. Nothing you do will give your team 2.5 additional monsters worth of skills/awakenings. Pick team based on skills/awakenings first.

Ra might not be as easy as you think it is...

Angelion's a good pick for many non-IAPers. She was helpful to me for Gold Keeper as well as a few S-ranks.

To be fair I designed that team months ago when the options and team costs were a lot different.
    And I know at least here there were complaints about Parvati loosing the auto-heal so maybe that is back.
    I wasn't meaning to rag on your team building suggestions - point was for Fax to not get too stuck on old builds when new options open up. Taking advantage of every opportunity to improve your team, ya know?

Hopefully Parvati gets some upgrades, although she's doesn't really need any. All the other Indian1 1.0s got boosts though, so maybe...Tacking on an extra +time or skillbindresist instead of replacing autoheal would make me really happy.

Oh good. I have a max-skill Persephone I'm barely using, and an Izanagi I've literally never used.
    Izanagi makes a very fast farm team with Athena, if you're into that sort of thing. You can literally go through 9 waves with 1 combo each, activate verche and 2 combo the boss of anything T5 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Changed my mind. After beating the sky dragon's domain normal dungeon, I tried hera-ur descended. This time, I had spectacularly terrible luck: I spent 7 turns trying to kill the blue ogre on the first floor with my Ronia team, and scarcly any dark or fire orbs dropped. Waste of 50 stamina.
    I might try it again tonight, or I might just chug through Hera and two heroes.
    Huh, do you have a vampire?

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post

(The thing where you feed an ult-evo to another ult-evo for supposedly full skillup might be worth looking into, tho, for an unusual color orb change plus skipping a dozen skillups.)
    If I read it right, ult evo skillup means guaranteed 100% chance of getting 1 skillup, not max skill. Otherwise 5 mil exp for 15 levels of gravity is way too cheap - 5 mil is about 900 stam of supers, and that would only get you 23 heras - not even 1/3 of what you would expect to need. That skillup method is probably more suitable to those that change skills upon ult evo (Heraur, Beelz, Minerva, Neptune, Ceres, PirateZaerog) or other rare REM stuff that has no skillup fodder (2turndelay batman)

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post

Like tyck says, they drop from T6, which are actually reasonable to farm (rank, eggs, exp all about equal to T5). Most people just don't farm them regularly because the bosses don't fall over when you pee on them. Personally I've gotten at least 1 of each, with 4 reds and 17 whites (red got extra farm when I was farming dubrubies for dupe echi/gigas for awakening, light gets tons of extra from duptopa hunting for baby tama)

Edit: dubrubies not dubtopas oops

Edit2: Funny picture of the day
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-10-14 at 12:10 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, sure. But the drop rate in skydragon dungeons is like 40% for the starter/ripper dragons. It's crazy.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post

Edit2: Funny picture of the day
    My mind is no longer functioning.

28. - Top - End - #148

Just evoed my hello kitty... hopefully it wasnt a bad idea. Lol the kitty will fill theblast slot on my wukong team. And i think the 100% skill up fonder for light will have to go to her in the future.

So I noticed that Raphael is getting buffed in awakenings! Two row enhancements for light! And a skill boost. With that said, Im probably going to use Raphael instead of Baal for Wu Team. Which means I dont really have to hunt down 40+ more waffleman! Thanks god.

Wu/Raphael/Fuma/Apollo/Hello Kitty or Valk or Baal or Thor/Wu (5 to 6 row enhancement on a 16x team with a whole board shift) Drools*

Fuma and Apollo is max skilled. Raphael I can grind Sky Prison np. Baal... we'll see where his skill up goes.

_______
    So I need to decide which team to awaken next. WuKong team stated above or my genbu team. Suggestions?

Genbu/Astaroth/Pavarti/CuChu/Fyreja/Genbu (7 row enhancement with 3 whole board shifts.)

Wu team completes some of the awakening for my "for fun" god team and healer team. Wu team itself is stronger though and able to farm descents with ease. (11 - 15 tamandras needed)

Genbu team completes much of the awakening for my future Kushi team and more end game oriented being able to pair with anubis. (19 tamandras needed)

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-10-14 at 03:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

I would go with Genbu, and maybe think about pulling someone for Cauchemar when he goes live.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Gah. Finally got the last of those dragon orbs from the collab dungeon (things just were not dropping). Is it just me, or do these guys seem totally not worth it?

Also, I did that Holy Beasts dungeon, and got... Jewel of Light. Really? Heck am I supposed to do with this? Ah, well, at least they drop from Pal.

Time to get back to stone-farming.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!